• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 21, 2020

    Tech Support - Survey Fraud

    Tech Support - Survey Fraud


    Survey Fraud

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 03:49 AM PDT

    I am from a South Asian Country, of late I've been seeing certain users from my country in a particular survey website getting a large chunk of money monthly which is quite a big amount when converted to our currency..... On viewing their survey details, it shows they have been doing surveys from the same survey provider umpteen times which is way beyond the threshold...(it can only be completed 5 times a day)....Does anyone have any clue on how this is being done? Thank You.

    submitted by /u/crispingerard
    [link] [comments]

    What are the downsides of always having an iPhone on power saving mode?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 10:28 PM PDT

    Urgently in need of help, I don't know if I uploaded a picture on google drive correctly

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 05:09 PM PDT

    Hey there! I had to fill out a google form and I was asked to submit a picture, so I uploaded a jpg file from my computer and everything seemed to be fine. But when I was sent the confirmation email, I ct wasn't able to open the jpg file, which also appears to be named differently then when I uploaded it: I named it "photoname.jpg" but now it shows as "photoname - MyGoogleUsername.jpg" and it doesn't open any file when I click on it. Is it normal or do I need to fill out the form again? And if so, what do I have to do differently? Thank you so much

    submitted by /u/Spooky-Coyote
    [link] [comments]

    What is the most destructive thing to destroy a computer?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 09:26 PM PDT

    what can cause it, both physically (outside of basic methods like smashing) and in terms of software ways?

    submitted by /u/TheDesertFoxIrwin
    [link] [comments]

    Leaving a laptop off but plugged in

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 09:24 PM PDT

    Is it bad to leave it off and plugged in for long periods of time? What time range would you recommend and not recommend? I often forget I plugged in to charge a laptop. If I don't leave it plugged in, I forget to plug it in sometimes to avoid draining the battery completely.

    Draining the battery or leaving it plugged in for months. I can't decide.

    submitted by /u/LiveAbalone
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading CPU, why is it the better CPU is cheaper?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 03:16 AM PDT

    So I was doing a 'can you run it' test and looking to upgrade my CPU

    I currently have an AMD Ryzen 7 1700X , it said that a suggested one would be AMD Ryzen 5 3600

    The suggested one is cheaper but has better scores across the board, is there a reason for this? Is there something the 1700x can do a lot better than the Ryzen? Just confused as to why the better one would be cheaper from the same company

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/dave4443
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to turn a wifi adapter into an xbox 360 controller adapter?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 01:35 AM PDT

    Wireless adapter I have: Archer T2U FCC ID:TE7T2U

    submitted by /u/Gheorghelaza
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my case USB better than Motherboard USB

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    With my case USB I can reach speeds of up to 450mb/s read and write with my external SSD but my motherboards USB's can only get about 400mb/s read and write. Drive latency also increases when using the back motherboard USB ports compared to my case USB ports. Rather odd. My motherboard is a B450M PRO-M2 MAX.

    submitted by /u/JaffaMeme
    [link] [comments]

    3rd party spyware on laptop?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 06:02 PM PDT

    how do I figure out if there is spyware on my computer? I don't think there is, I think I'm being paranoid, because there actually was spyware on my old computer that was placed there intentionally by family members to see what I was doing. (I know this for a fact because they a) told me b) printed screen caps c) knew what I was doing.. so...) but since then I've been very paranoid, and I'm wondering how I check for it and if it's there, remove it?

    I've considered reinstalling the OS, but I've seen talk about needing a "disk" with windows 10 on it and my computer doesn't even have a CD rom? and I really don't want to get stuck without a way to use my laptop. especially right now.

    submitted by /u/horrorflicks
    [link] [comments]

    When Torrenting is it OK to use a US server if you live in the US?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 05:30 PM PDT

    (sorry forgot to include US VPN server* in the title)
    Not sure if the encryption and IP is enough using a VPN inside the same country? I just don't want to get dinged with my internet provider for downloading torrents. I usually use international ones but I noticed the US ones are obviously faster in my case. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Powderstones
    [link] [comments]

    Phone calls from non-existing numbers

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 04:11 PM PDT

    I get for a couple of months calls from several numbers that I don't know. If I pick up the phone, someone laughs/says a name that I don't understand. If I call them back, the numbers don't exist. The provider tells me that the numbers don't appear on my list, neither the incoming calls nor the calls that I made towards those numbers. In my online list are only 2 or 3 of them shown.

    Additional information: * I changed my phone 1 time. It happened before and after

    • I moved to another appartment. It happened before and after

    • I can't find any information about the numbers when I google them

    • My phone lists don't show (except a few times) any activity at the time of the calls. No phone calls from other numbers or the like

    • Yes, I'm sure that those aren't Whatsapp calls or whatever. They come in as normal phone calls.

    I know, there exists something like spoofing. But how is it possible that the calls don't show up on the list from my provider?

    submitted by /u/Prref
    [link] [comments]

    Why do internet browsers download things 500KBPS when I have 40MBPS?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 05:09 AM PDT

    Ps4 Bluetooth audio dongle not working?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 05:47 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I recently bought a ps4 audio adapter off ebay and I'm trying to get it working with no luck. I have followed the steps laid out in the instructions, but im not getting audio from the headphones. Has anyone else experienced this problem, I'm just unsure how I would fix it!

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/skrillwrex
    [link] [comments]

    Setting up a backup system

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    A couple partners and I have a small business and, for security purposes, we would like to backup our files (about 3 TB of data) to a cloud platform. Since we use G Suite to manage emails and documents online, we found that with an upgrade to our plan we would get unlimited space on Google Drive.

    What is the best way to take advantage of this space? Basically we would like a tool/platform where the backup is done weekly, only in one direction (from our server to the cloud, so I believe it would not work through the default synchronization client). It would be perfect if we could schedule this task, so the backup would be made every week at a specified day and time.

    I appreciate the attention.

    submitted by /u/kylezenh0
    [link] [comments]

    Locked T-Mobile with Mint Mobile Sim

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 05:14 PM PDT

    Will a locked T-mobile Oneplus Phone work with a Mint Mobile sim card out of the box?

    submitted by /u/kanishk307
    [link] [comments]

    How will so many being at home and online effect the reliability of websites and internet connections?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 04:49 PM PDT

    If I put sticky tape on my trackpad, will it cause permanent damage? Is there a type of sticky tape that would be better to use?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    I have an Apple magic trackpad 1, which sits in an enclosure that I build with a keyboard above it, not dissimilar to the base of a laptop.

    The problem is that the trackpad is too big and I keep accidentally clicking it with the heel(?) of my thumb. I currently have a piece of cardboard with a smaller trackpad hole cut out on top of it, but it lifts up off the trackpad and I catch my fingers on it.

    So I am thinking I could just put some tape over the bits that I want to cover, but I'm not sure what sort of tape would (a) stick well enough on the edges such that it doesn't get caught by my fingers and (b) doesn't leave something on the trackpad that I wouldn't eventually be able to wipe off.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/lindymad
    [link] [comments]

    Putting in an Ethernet conmection

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    My job is moving quickly to get us working from home. The only problem is I don't have an Ethernet connection upstairs where I'd need to hook up a desktop (work isn't providing a laptop and no WiFi adapters will be allowed). Would it be advantageous to run a Ethernet-over-Power network if I could get the adapters to do it? I'd need to run a VDI and VoIP connection

    submitted by /u/Gloverboy6
    [link] [comments]

    QR Code to add conatct info

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 11:59 AM PDT

    Is it possible to have a QR-Code that when scanned with Android or iOS would create a contact entry?

    submitted by /u/Mister_Kurtz
    [link] [comments]

    AMD is better but cheaper? Why?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    I was looking at processors and noticed how the Ryzen 9 3900x (3.8 GHZ Base - 12Cores) is only $200 yet my i7 7700 with (3.6 GHZ Base - 4 Cores) Costs an extra hundred. Is there a reason, or is AMD just cheaper?

    submitted by /u/SkyyClash
    [link] [comments]

    My outdated gaming PC managed to die on me, and I've decided to upgrade to a gaming labtop, but have a few concerns.

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 04:19 AM PDT

    It's late for me so this might be more long winded since I dont have a lot of time to focus on rewording things.

    I was gifted a very outdated gaming pc which has suited me well as I dont normally play anything more intensive than Skyrim. It has recently died (not even worth repairing), and due to my living situation at the moment a labtop seems desirable. After talking to my friend who recently upgraded I'm fairly convinced on the 15-dk0030nr (I'm not actually sure if that's its name, but that does seem to identify the exact labtop I'm looking at). I plan to use the labtop actively for a few years for gaming and misc use, and at some point will become a secondary computer when I start building myself an even more powerful desktop tower. I will most often use it at a desk connected to the monitor, keyboard, and mouse I normally use, but I will also bring it to a few other locations with a labtop board and a mouse. I tend to use my computer in long sessions of 4-9 hours with daily use. The laptop specs seem perfect for what I'll end up using it for, but I have some concerns regarding its longevity.

    It has a flimsy hood which isnt a problem since I can keep it out of harm's way. However, it sounds like the hinges are likely to break on their own, and that's a scary idea to think it's a ticking time bomb until I need to shell out an indeterminate amount of money to di it, and likely wont get much use out of it until I raise the money to fix it. How much of a concern is this, how much might a repair cost, and are there solid ways to prevent it?

    Some reviews mentioned that it stopped charging within a year or so. It's the same rough timeline as the hinges breaking. How much of a concern is this, how much might a repair cost, and are there solid ways to prevent it?

    Misc advice about maintaining a labtop will be helpful as well and this link seems to cover things pretty well https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01507270. Also I would love just a bit more information on what my charging habits should be. Are any of these aspects grave enough I should go for a different computer?

    Sorry for spelling errors and grammar, I'm not used to mobile and it's really late haha.

    submitted by /u/Hoomaun
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment