• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 14, 2020

    Tech Support - Small Office is moving to Work from Home. Best Video Calling solutions?

    Tech Support - Small Office is moving to Work from Home. Best Video Calling solutions?


    Small Office is moving to Work from Home. Best Video Calling solutions?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    We already have a vpn in place, so at least that's looked after. We have mostly Win7 PC's at the office, mostly Win10 at homes. There will be support staff in the office, sales staff working from home.

    What's the path of least resistance for video calling? Is Skype the way to go for this? Any recommendations for webcam that works with Skype?

    submitted by /u/Mister_Kurtz
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi Hotspots for Students

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 10:49 AM PDT

    I am a teacher and due to the coronavirus, our school is planning for the possibility of an extended closure. In order to help students from falling behind, we are planning on them continuing their work through online methods. However, we have two students with no internet access at their homes. Our school is more than happy to lend them chromebooks, and wants to is looking to purchase WIFI Hotspots for these students, would these work or do they need to pay some type of monthly fee? Any suggestions on an affordable option?

    submitted by /u/Italianhearts93
    [link] [comments]

    Selling my laptop

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 02:02 AM PDT

    Hi I'm Selling a 2 year old laptop it is really good for working on and playing games I'm selling it as I'm trying to get money to buy an upgrade one for college eBay laptop for sale

    submitted by /u/samuraikai11
    [link] [comments]

    I just got a new phone today and it wont let me save pictures from reddit

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 09:11 PM PDT

    Samsung Galaxy s10, I tap on the photo, hit the 3 dots and tap 'Download' (my old phone always showed that as save?) It popped up with an allow access to your camera and gallery setting, hit allow. Then it popped up at the bottom "something went wrong" and so I can't save pictures from reddit. I uninstalled the app and redownloaded it again, same process; picture, download, allow access, something went wrong.

    I just went and saved a random picture from twitter for test and I was allowed to do that but not reddit. Is there a reddit or phone setting I can change to help me do what I want with this? I never had issues saving pictures from reddit on my old phone so I'm not sure what to do.

    submitted by /u/DannyDrizzle
    [link] [comments]

    What killed my phone?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 04:39 PM PDT

    Few months ago my phone (Samsung Galaxy A5 2017) started restarting itself. First it was just a few times a day, then it got to the point where the phone wouldn't stay on for more than few seconds. Then it died completely.

    I got a new one and the old one was sitting on my desk ever since. Today I picked it up and found it like this. Any idea what killed my phone. Also, could it be dangerous?

    submitted by /u/serose04
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure if this is the right place but looking for recommendations for a media player (connecting to tv) that is simple for an elderly person

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 07:38 PM PDT

    I have a kaiser baas media player that's a few years old and set it up for my neighbour so she could watch some things off a usb. It worked fine for a few files but am now getting no audio (tried multiple file types and tv/media player audio settings). I'm wondering if it's just because it's an older box and an upgrade to a newer system would be enough. She can't afford anything fancy and simplicity is better for her to understand. Any ideas or a better place to ask?

    submitted by /u/LovelyLu78
    [link] [comments]

    My laptop microphone doesn't work and the headset doesn't work either

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 05:56 PM PDT

    I bought the Asus Zenbook 14 a few months ago and hadn't encountered any problems with it until now. Yesterday I wanted to have a video call with a few friends and all of them had trouble hearing me. It was a group call with 3 other people and all of them said that they heard on a really low volume. The microfone wasn't covered or anything and this was the first time I had used it. I tried to connect the laptop to a headset, I could hear my friends just fine but they couldn't hear me at all. I tried 2 other headsets but to no avail. Does anyone know how I could fix this?

    submitted by /u/lvy67
    [link] [comments]

    I always get small electrical shocks from the corners of my laptop when I am charging it. Is this dangerous?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    Video conferencing for online class

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    A art/painting instructor is looking for a video conferencing solution for teaching his class online, to about 6-8 students. Since this will be a painting class, there is no need for screen sharing, only a camera focused on their easel. What will be a good platform/solution for this kind of group chat. Something laptop based, because that is what the students will have.

    PS: This is more like a group chat, everyone should be able to see everybody else's painting progression.

    Currently considering Google Hangouts, and Zoom. Both also provide for recording the session, for later review.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/im-the-stig
    [link] [comments]

    Easy to use (for a technologically challenged 80+ year old) device for video chat? Kindle Fire a good choice?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 02:29 PM PDT

    I have asked both my parents to quarantine until we see how the COVID-19 outbreak shakes out. Both have underlying health conditions. They each live alone.

    I want some kind of device that they could use Google Meet on so we can still "visit" in the digital space. I see Kindle Fire tablets are around $50, which seems like a good price to me.

    BUT my dad has a very hard time with technology. I need to make it 1000% foolproof. Does Kindle Fire come with bloat ware, or could I literally delete all the apps except for Google Meet (or whatever the best video chat app is).

    On another note, are there any apps that would let us voice and video chat while playing an online game together? Something simple like Gin Rummy, or a simple board game?

    Basically looking for ways to stay connected with my family who are not all that technologically literate. TIA!

    submitted by /u/inaname38
    [link] [comments]

    Question: How do SMS messages without number work

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 09:07 AM PDT

    You know when you get a sms message from a company and the message sender would just show up as "Company name", without a number? How does it work?

    submitted by /u/Meme9025
    [link] [comments]

    Need Video Chat

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 08:11 AM PDT

    Hey all,

    So I'm looking for a way to do video chat on my TV. 10 points to Corona.

    What I've narrowed it down to is getting a laptop and using an HDMI cable, but I need a software to use. Also, what would the minimum cost for a laptop need to be in order to support video chatting capabilities?

    I have a webcam, but I don't have a mic. Maybe the laptop should have a built in mic? I'm just looking for a pretty cheap solution to be able to connect with one or two people at a time over a video conference call or chat type thing.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Signal_Depth123
    [link] [comments]

    Phone for someone who does not want a high-end camera?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    Now, I am very happy about the innovation happening in phone-camera tech, but I am pretty sure that it will all be wasted on me.

    I am currently using an iPhone 6, and am very satisfied with its camera. So, for my next phone, I would rather spend my money on other specs like RAM, battery, display, etc.

    What phone do you guys suggest?

    submitted by /u/CypherDaTriangle
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way find the full image of a cropped photo you've found online? And if so, how?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 10:14 AM PDT

    I've tried TinEye and Google Images but that didn't work in finding the full image.

    submitted by /u/fsjsjekaa
    [link] [comments]

    Diagnosing Slow Connections: Is it the Wifi or Computer?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    Hey folks,

    Feels like my internet speeds have suddenly hit a wall. I'm inclined to believe it's my MacBook Pro (OS Catalina 10.15) because I noticed the other day very slow speeds connecting to sites that normally load quite fast, and poor quality while streaming Netflix for example. I assumed it was the quality of the wifi until I got onto my home network (among others between) and had the same speed issues.

    Where do I start with diagnosing my issues, and what should be the next subsequent steps in resolving ?

    submitted by /u/thesurfcontinuum
    [link] [comments]

    Bday gift

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 07:28 AM PDT

    I have to choose a gift for my bday. What tech stuff can I ask for? 50 euro is the budget. Amazon.it as reference

    submitted by /u/gianm93
    [link] [comments]

    How do hackers perform Clickjacking?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    How is it possible for hackers to have their own html display on a webpage? Wouldn't someone notice if the HTML of their site had a link to a random site inserted into it?

    submitted by /u/Just_a_nonbeliever
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment