• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 12, 2020

    Tech Support - Is there a wire or something i can plug into my phone and my tv and play my movies from Google onto it?

    Tech Support - Is there a wire or something i can plug into my phone and my tv and play my movies from Google onto it?


    Is there a wire or something i can plug into my phone and my tv and play my movies from Google onto it?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 06:47 PM PST

    Is there an easy-to-use (and ideally free) piece of software (Windows) to make guides like those found on r/coolguides ?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:14 AM PST

    I'm a tech person but just not incredibly creative when it comes to making visuals, so I was hoping there was a piece of software that might help with this process. I'm sure there are some heavy hitters that are great for this, like Illustrator, but I would imagine there's a pretty steep learning curve.

    I just want to organize items on a canvas in nice-looking boxes, maybe draw some arrows, etc.

    submitted by /u/mikes2123
    [link] [comments]

    How do I know what date I took a video on?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 09:39 AM PST

    So I took a video on my iphone a few years ago. I uploaded the video from my iphone to my laptop.

    I am now curious to the date I took it. My iphone is dead, but I have the video on my laptop.

    Is there anything I can do for I can know when the video date was taken?

    Any advice would be appreciated so much.

    submitted by /u/Yossi25
    [link] [comments]

    When will it be plausible to use fully automated factories that run on only on solar power?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 03:36 PM PST

    Currently downloading Debian and I need some help...

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 04:31 PM PST

    Just got an error saying "debootstrap error" "failed to determine the codename for the release"

    What does this mean? What is my next step for action?

    submitted by /u/millerstavern
    [link] [comments]

    Traveling abroad and looking for PC advice

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 07:57 AM PST

    TL;DR: If I move to Europe for a few months, is it better to bring my desktop PC, or take my old laptop and set up remote desktop from home? I have no experience using remote desktop so I don't know how well it'd work.

    Hi all,

    So this August I will be in the last semester of my Masters degree (all online classes), and I want to do some travelling overseas during that semester, while I still have free time and haven't entered the full-time job world yet.

    I am from the US and am hoping to live in Europe short-term. I am debating between two trips: stay in one location for the four months or so, or live in a different place for a month at a time (which is quite a lot of moving around).

    That said, I am looking for advice on how to handle access to my computer while I'm away. Naturally, being in an online program in Software Engineering, I will absolutely need to use my computer. I have a desktop PC that is fairly large, but could maybe fit as carry-on luggage.

    The simplest solution would be to bring my desktop with me, and I could simply use it. However, I am not sure if this would be too much trouble... after some cursory Google searching, a lot of people seem to think it is too dangerous and inconvenient.

    On the other hand, would it be possible to set up a remote desktop, leave my PC at home, and bring my laptop with me? I have a 6-yr old laptop that only boots Linux (hard drive is partitioned but Windows bit the dust... I'm working on it), so I could conceivably just bring that and maybe access my desktop if I leave it in the US. I have never used remote desktop software, so I am not sure how feasible this would be, or what the performance might look like.

    What would you advise? I know this is sort of a niche problem to have, but I hope this sub will be able to help me out with advice! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/marsofdeath
    [link] [comments]

    Macro, Keyboard Shortcuts

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 10:50 AM PST

    Hello,

    I developed a few macros, and I found it to be the case that many of the keyboard shortcuts are already being utilized natively by certain programs or even Win10 itself.

    I was wondering whether there is a list of "blank" key combinations.

    a set of combinations that I'd know I'm safe to bind unto my macros without fear of overlapping with some other feature.

    Thanks in advance for your time! 😃

    submitted by /u/doongmiin
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Bluetooth issues

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 07:50 AM PST

    When I try to toggle my Bluetooth on there is no toggle switch, just the spinning icon. I've watched it for 15-20 and nothing happens. Any ideas on how to fix this? I can't even pair it to my car or speakers bc my drop down menu says it's off

    submitted by /u/spooky-florble
    [link] [comments]

    Forgot cell phone at home. What to do?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 06:29 AM PST

    My wife's work phone is a mobile phone. She does not have a landline at her desk. She emailed me this morning to let me know she had forgotten her phone at home (yup, right here on the kitchen table). Looking at the next possible event, is there any kind of backup system to be used, or is the only solution to just get the phone?

    submitted by /u/Mister_Kurtz
    [link] [comments]

    How to calculate: Watts for AVR, Va(Volt-ampere) for UPS

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 05:23 AM PST

    I intend to buy an AVR or UPS, and I want to add a few external HDD's & a few Mini PC's

    I need to calculate how much power is used by every device so I don't Overload the AVR or UPS

    .

    EXAMPLE: External HDD Charger data:

    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

    INPUT: 100-240V ~50-60Hz 0.5A

    OUTPUT: 12V 1.5A

    .

    [1] How do I calculate Watts ? for AVR (Automatic Voltage Regulator)

    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

    Total Devices W sum must be a bit under 600W for the AVR to work OK

    .

    AVR Model LE600I - Maximum Output Power Capacity: 600 W or 600 VA

    DATA FOUND HERE: apc.com Documentation PDF: Automatic Voltage Regulator Line-R LE600I/LE1200I

    .

    V * Amp = W

    Do I use 100V or 240V ?

    • 100V * 0.5A = 50W -----> AVR 600W - 50W = 550W Remaining unused

    • 240V * 0.5A = 120W ----> AVR 600W - 120W = 480W Remaining unused

    ?????

    .

    [2] How do I calculate Va(Volt-ampere) ? for UPS 2200VA (Uninterruptible Power Supply)

    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

    Total Devices VA sum * 2 must be <= 2200VA for the UPS to work OK

    .

    V (from OUTPUT) * Amp (from OUTPUT) = Va ???

    .

    12V * 1.5A = 18W ??? ----> 2200VA / 2 - 18W = 1082VA Remaining unused

    .

    This is all the stuff I know now, Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thx! ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

    submitted by /u/hyt47
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment