• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 11, 2020

    Tech Support - Are water pumps supposed to do that?

    Tech Support - Are water pumps supposed to do that?


    Are water pumps supposed to do that?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 03:55 AM PST

    I wanna use this old Japanese water pump as part of a small indoor fountain but the casing gets pretty warm after a few minutes so I was wondering if that's supposed to happen or if I should be cautious with that thing. Considering it would be running for hours upon end I wanna make sure this thing is safe.

    Here's what the pump looks like: https://imgur.com/a/bNgZ5uY

    Perhaps it's worth noting that I'm using a plug adapter to make the whole thing work with EU sockets (shouldn't be much of an issue though considering the 125V on the plug is way below the European 220V limit, right?)

    submitted by /u/imakuni1995
    [link] [comments]

    Ocado - Quality/Proprietary tech?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 02:54 AM PST

    Hi all, first time post to Reddit. I'm looking into the UK online grocery retailer Ocado for my job and was hoping to get some views on how their logistics automation compares to other supermarkets' online division? Is their approach truly unique or are other companies doing the same internationally? Anyone from the broader industry have any thoughts?

    On the surface what they do is incredibly impressive with the Hive automated crate delivery system, robotic picking (including delicate items like fruit) and research into long shots. With regard to the crate system: Hatteland seems to have an identical product with their Autostore robots? Are they the same or is there a core difference, e.g. in the software they use? Does either have it patented? Any views on the comparison with Amazon (typical orders contain many fewer items of course)?

    submitted by /u/HolidayJackfruit
    [link] [comments]

    How do you do a reverse image search?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 10:55 AM PST

    I'm struggling to understand how to actually do a reverse image search. I thought you just upload the picture into Google/Tineye/Yandex and it tells you where on the Internet it came from. That's how it works, right?

    But when I try (as an example) uploading a picture of my car, where the exact picture has been posted on Craigslist for weeks now, I only get "visually similar images." These three services cannot find my Craigslist ad by searching the photo. So what am I doing wrong? Is this actually not what reverse image search does?

    submitted by /u/4david50
    [link] [comments]

    Planning on getting a new phone soon, my budget will be 250 - 300 dollars. What would you recommend?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 02:18 PM PST

    WiFi slow on phone

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 05:56 PM PST

    So my internet speed is fast per Speedtest app (276 mb/s) but the WiFi is slow on my phone. It appears to be limited to my phone as my laptop runs at a speed where 250-300 mb/s makes sense.

    Why is my phone's WiFi so slow?

    submitted by /u/duffman7050
    [link] [comments]

    Making a website

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 05:51 PM PST

    I'd like to set up my own website for a business purpose, but I am not very good with technology. Would you suggest GoDaddy, Wix or another website? I am trying to keep my costs down as this is a new idea. Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/toyotafan75
    [link] [comments]

    AirDrop: My MacbookPro sees my iPhone Xr, but my iPhone doesn't see my Macbook

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 05:03 PM PST

    So weird. I can airdrop to my phone, my iPhone always pops up when I want to share something with it from my Mac, but when I try to airdrop something from my phone to my macbook, my mac never pops up in the airdrop share window on my phone. It's so annoying.

    submitted by /u/thesurfcontinuum
    [link] [comments]

    What kind of port is this? Too tall to be micro-usb or usb-c.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 04:35 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/3zRMK0W.jpg

    Sister contacted me about this but I can't recall the name of the cable this requires by memory. Located on an iPad wireless keyboard. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/dab9
    [link] [comments]

    First laptop

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 08:47 AM PST

    I have a budget of about £500-600 and am looking for a new laptop with a nice high quality screen and good performance. What is the best laptop for my money? Preferably windows.

    submitted by /u/Hiatus44I
    [link] [comments]

    Is achieving net neutrality both possible and worth what we will need to sacrifice to get it?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 04:09 PM PST

    Looking for a basic phone suggestion that will allow me to text, whatsapp, and use gmail

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 02:20 PM PST

    My S7 Edge is currently on its last legs, and im broke so i cant afford these shiny new flagship phones coming out, nor do i want a cheaper mid range phone that tries to do flagship stuff but falls short. I'm looking for a simple phone that will allow me to make calls, run whatsapp, gmail, giffgaff (for buying goodybags), and connect to wifi. Is there any such phone on the market right now? thanks

    submitted by /u/ExMuslim662
    [link] [comments]

    2 gpu test

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 12:37 PM PST

    I have recently upgraded my gpu to a gtx 1070 8gb FE. I thought it would be interresting to put the old gpu (gtx 770) in to see what would happen, but my computer registers it on speccy as a gtx 1070, but it is a gtx 770.

    Would i get anything out of it if i got it to work and what would i do to get it to register it as a gtx 770.

    submitted by /u/WhyIsFredeHappy
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an Android App that can connect to a pc as a mouse AND...

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 11:16 AM PST

    When the PC adds the phone as a mouse it is detected as a mouse, and the app has a functionality of 'jiggling' IE slightly moving constantly to keep a screen awake.

    From the perspective of the PC, it's simply another mouse that is connected.

    Due to restrictions on what can execute on the PC, no other settings can be changed.

    I tried searching with my parameters without luck. Hoping to find someone knowledgeable here.

    submitted by /u/timodmo
    [link] [comments]

    What technology tells my landline phones about voicemail?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 11:07 AM PST

    I have two phone systems coming to my house: 1) Vonage and 2) an ISP that provides a landline/DSL over an incoming copper phone wire. Both systems have their own voice mail services.

    Somehow my phones are told when a message has been left. One phone flashes an LED (with a "New Messages" label) another phone displays a "Messages Waiting" indication on it's LCD display. What communications system are these voice mail systems and phones using?

    Besides curiosity, the reason I'm asking is that it's been hard to find a consistent way to turn off these phone indications. After listening to the last available message, sometimes the phone indications turn off. Sometimes not.

    submitted by /u/lettruthout
    [link] [comments]

    I've had two attempted logins into old accounts. Should I be concerned?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 07:21 AM PST

    About a month ago, I got an alert that an old twitter account (I hadn't used it since 2014) had been logged into several states away. I deleted the Twitter and changed all my important passwords.

    Yesterday, I got an email saying that someone requested to update the password for an Uber account I haven't used since 2016. I deleted that account as well.

    Since this has happened twice now, I'm a bit concerned. My friend told me that it's probably just bots looking for inactive accounts. Is this likely the case? My fear is that it's somehow targeted or that this will continue to happen. Is this pretty common?

    submitted by /u/renoscottsdale
    [link] [comments]

    Free possibility to host tomcat for testing

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 09:28 AM PST

    Hi there,

    I try to make it short: I need to test out tomcat (with Hibernate and MySQL) on something for my job. The server the stuff was supposed to run on so far is not online and I cannot wait any longer, because I am loosing time.

    As I am not willing to pay for something that I only need because the company I am working for is chaotic I would need something free.

    Any bright ideas?

    submitted by /u/RunnerPakhet
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to change were rar files from the internet are downloaded?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 09:14 AM PST

    Sometimes then you download rar files, you don't get to choose where the file is downloaded. It just goes to the Downloads folder on the (C:) drive. I want to have it so that all of my rar files goes to my (D:) drive instead.

    submitted by /u/SergeantRetard
    [link] [comments]

    Technics compact disc player SL-PJ25 not working

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 09:04 AM PST

    Tried to play a CD using my Dad's Technics compact disc player SL-PJ25. Music not coming from speakers and can only hear scratching sound of disc turning. It seems to be spinning automatically when it closes despite the fact I'm not pressing play. The speakers work with the record player so the fault must be with the disc player. I have tried multiple discs and used a lense cleaner. Does anyone have any advice as it would make my Dad so happy to hear it again?

    submitted by /u/jake-666
    [link] [comments]

    Choosing mid range pc

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 08:25 AM PST

    Which should I get for PUBG?

    1. MOTHERBOARD: Asus P8H67 Socket 1155 CPU: i5-2500 GRAPHICS CARD: PowerColor TurboDuo Radeon R9 290 4GB RAM: 8GB POWER SUPPLY: 600 WATTS Antec

    2. CPU - Intel Core i5 4670 3.4GHZ Motherboard – ASUS H81M-E Ram – 8GB (1x8GB Crucial 1600Mhz DDR3) GPU – 4GB Saphire R9 290 Tri X GDDR5 PSU – 500W Huntkey PSU

    3.CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 3.4GHz (4 Cores, 8 Threads) Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3R Ram: 8GB Ram DDR3 1600MHz GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX480 Nitro 4GB (RGB) PSU: 450W PSU

    submitted by /u/Lost_PCboy
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a good place to get a replacement battery for my laptop?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 06:27 AM PST

    My XPS 9550 has lasted me nearly four years now, but the battery is fully and completely shot. The instant I unplug it, I have about 10 seconds to plug it in somewhere else before it dies. I tried getting a replacement battery off of Amazon a few months ago, but when I plugged it in, the battery light on the front was flashing orange and white in a strange pattern. I looked it up, and it had something to do with the battery's interaction with the CMOS battery or something.

    Dell suggested I get an official "Dell" battery. I asked them where to buy it online. They said I had to ship my laptop in and I would get it back in about three months.

    I laughed.

    Is there a place where I can get a working battery for my old 9550 that I can perform the very easy replacement process myself with?

    submitted by /u/Elarionus
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a viable (non-wireless) alternative to Apple's ear plugs that doesn't break like every 6 months?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 04:58 AM PST

    No joke, maybe it's just me but while I really enjoy the sound quality on Apple ear plugs, they start to wear off after like half a year at best. Most of the time either the jack starts acting weird (randomly pausing/ skipping songs or activating voice input) or one of the plugs just stops working altogether.

    Granted, I use em a lot, but it's not like they're cheap either, which is why I am now looking for a more durable alternative that's similar in terms of price and sound quality. I feel like most earphones these days have pointy ends, but I really can't stand those!

    submitted by /u/imakuni1995
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment