• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 13, 2020

    Tech Support - Does the amount of RAM being used in a device affect battery consumption?

    Tech Support - Does the amount of RAM being used in a device affect battery consumption?


    Does the amount of RAM being used in a device affect battery consumption?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 03:43 AM PST

    Say for example; you have a 16gb RAM chip in your phone.

    Another example; every 10 Chrome windows open equals 1 GB of RAM.

    Does having say, 50 Chrome windows open, rather than 10, consume more battery due to the higher RAM amount being used?

    I wonder because if a RAM chip is designed (in this example) to handle 160 Chrome windows, wouldn't 10 windows equate to the same as 50 windows, since neither examples exceed the RAM chips limites, therefore shouldn't use more battery? It's doing what it's designed to do either way.

    Furthermore, if one were to exceed 160 Chrome windows from this example, would pushing the RAM limit then result in higher battery consumption?

    Im asking because I was wondering if it would be useful to get into the habit of closing old windows im done with, to save on battery consumption. Or if that would be pointless, unless I went nuts and went over my RAM capacity.

    submitted by /u/KamelMedia
    [link] [comments]

    Root android

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 05:00 AM PST

    I own a Samsung Galaxy grand prime. It cannot be connected to any computer or laptop. I have tried Samsung drivers too, no result. It doesn't have any custom flashing software and is neither rooted nor magisked. I want to root it. I have tried everything, can you guys help me?

    submitted by /u/Romlow_1995
    [link] [comments]

    Can I get Headphones implanted?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 04:52 AM PST

    In a similar way to how bone conduction works, but actually attached to a bone. And with wireless charging. Has anyone ever done this?

    I will pay any scummy surgeon who can do this for me. I don't want to look stupid wearing airpods. Also pls don't hack my ears if I succeed.

    submitted by /u/-Triory-
    [link] [comments]

    Who is Mac for and who is Windows for?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 07:43 PM PST

    What are the main pros and cons of each OS and which person is each one for? Please no Linux fanboys or trolls.

    submitted by /u/asodol7
    [link] [comments]

    MHL-HDMI port on Yamaha RX-V 475 AVR - using non-MHL-device

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 03:04 AM PST

    Hey!

    I'm using my Nintendo Switch on the 5th HDMI port of my RX-V 475 AVR. This one is tagged as "MHL" - so for connecting mobile devices. I'm getting the picture from the Switch but no sound. Is the MHL-port the issue with that? So is this port stricly for MHL-connection?

    Any hint appreciated! Cheers!

    submitted by /u/Gerold666
    [link] [comments]

    How to keep offline systems updated and accounted for?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 03:26 PM PST

    We have a computer equipment storage room where we have systems (mainly laptops) that we hold until a new employee starts and we take one out and set up an image for them. All of the devices in these rooms are powered down.

    At our work, if the laptops don't talk to our Network on a monthly basis, they get removed from our domain. We also push out bi-weekly updates to all of our computers in our environment.

    My boss has imposed a project on me to come up with a plan or a checklist to ensure each site technician does a bi-weekly check on any given number of laptops in each of our site's storage to ensure that:

    1. We have an accurate account of devices in the storage room
    2. They are being updated within our Network once every two weeks.

    I was planning on creating a check-list of sorts that will allow techs to mark down what laptops are in the storage rooms by marking the list with the laptop's Assist tag number and that laptop is being updated.

    May I ask how other IT tech deal with this situation where they have to keep track of offline devices and ensure they are regularly talking to the network and receiving updates?

    submitted by /u/Renbail
    [link] [comments]

    Want a free app that maps police/fire incidents

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:33 PM PST

    Is there a free app out there that plots police/fire incidents on a map?

    submitted by /u/JB_Steez
    [link] [comments]

    How did proxies work during Iran internet shutdown?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 08:25 PM PST

    There was an internet shutdown in Iran during protests 3-4 months ago to prevent murdering protesters news from leaking to outside world. You couldn't access any website during that time except websites that have servers inside of Iran. However there were some proxies that would barely let you access internet somehow.

    These proxies looked something this:

    (some numbers).freedom.(different country names, like uk, us, and so on.)

    How did these function? And are they trustworthy?

    For those who are curious about the protests with more than 1500 people killed search for them on twitter.

    There was a reporter (@mohammadmosaed on twitter) who was arrested because of using these proxies to post on twitter if that's valuable information regarding my question.

    submitted by /u/Parsamrrelax
    [link] [comments]

    Will 3G cellular devices work with a 4G sim after carrier sunset?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 03:24 PM PST

    After companies like verizon and tmobile sunset there 3G networks, can 3G devices be used with a 4G sim with reduced bandwidth?

    submitted by /u/daltonfromroadhouse
    [link] [comments]

    Can i order a phone online from another country

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:28 AM PST

    It's cheaper on amazon. Com so if I get it delivered outside the US, will there be network restrictions?

    submitted by /u/GrubbySalmon66
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use an stylus pen with my Samsung Galaxy Tab A, even if it doesn't have SPen Support?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 01:53 PM PST

    Hello! First, sorry for my bad english. My question is the one you see in the title. My parents gave me this samsung tablets, wich i want to use to draw. The problem i have is that in the product specifications it says it doesn't have "S Pen Support". In my ignorance, i don't know if it means my tablet is incompatible with every stylus (or similar) digital pens in the market. My parents also told me someone said they could damage the screen. Is it true? Thanks for you help

    submitted by /u/espe-uwu
    [link] [comments]

    what allows you to see the exact websites someone is visiting?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:01 PM PST

    I posted on this sub about a week ago after I reset my router but after almost 2 years of living being spied on I'm still paranoid.

    so for a little back story, these people knew every single thing I had done online down to what websites I was on and quoting DMs I'd sent verbatim. they were upfront about it and about using the router to do so. I just reset the router, booting them off, and downloaded the app they said they used so that theoretically I am able to see everything they were seeing, and I cannot see exact websites, exact google searches, or anything like DMs like they were able to do. and the only conclusion I can draw from this is that they were using some other kind of app or program, so I'm wondering what exists out there that would allow you to see these kinds of things on someone's computer or wifi. (because if so then I have to assume I have not taken care of the problem yet and it's still going on.)

    submitted by /u/horrorflicks
    [link] [comments]

    What kind of adapter do I need so I can listen to my TV through bluetooth headphones?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 08:41 AM PST

    My TV doesnt have bluetooth and I tend to watch TV late at night which my partner hates. What kind of USB adapter would I need so I can hear the audio through my bluetooth headphones?

    submitted by /u/Cahmrun
    [link] [comments]

    HP 23f display. Does anyone know where I can get this white plastic adapter for a default monitor stand (mine got lost while I was using a 3d-party monitor stand)?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 02:31 PM PST

    Hey guys! I am wondering if anyone can help me to find a little plastic detail to connect monitor HP 23f 23 inch display to its default stand: https://www.reddit.com/r/Hewlett_Packard/comments/f2ydna/hp_23f_display_does_anyone_know_where_i_can_get/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

    If you own a similar HP monitor, use some non default monitor stand/mount stand, and willing to give away this part - I will be glad to get it for a couple of bucks.

    submitted by /u/umberto-naval
    [link] [comments]

    artificial intelligence decision-making as a court case in Europe

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 07:06 AM PST

    Hey everyone!

    I am looking for court cases and hearings where people have gone to court because they have been disadvantaged by AI decisions or consider a decision not justified in Europe.

    Does anyone know of such cases or academic papers, books where this topic is discussed?

    Thanks a lot

    Maik282

    submitted by /u/maik282
    [link] [comments]

    HDD firmware

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 06:50 AM PST

    Hello,

    I'm looking for a HDD firmware. Its the CC46 for a Seagate Barracuda 2 TB (ST2000DM006).

    All my personal files are stored there, including stuff from my work, but somehow this HD corrupted its firmware and now I need it to recover my data.

    I'd really appreciate any help (I'm kinda desperate here lol).

    submitted by /u/kylezenh0
    [link] [comments]

    visual voicemail technology

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 05:21 AM PST

    I know I am pretty late to the game on this one, but I've recently discovered how awesome visual voicemail is (I absolutely loathe going through the automated system) and it got me thinking about automated systems in general. This is clearly a smarter, more intuitive, way of garnering the information that you need. What I'm wondering is if there is a way for businesses to implement similar technology on their end. For example, lets say you called up your phone company, and instead of listening to all of the options with the automated voice and using the keypad to choose the options that you need, there could be some kind of live service that activates on your screen so that you can navigate through everything quickly during the live phone call. Does anything like this exist yet, or have the potential to develop? I feel like we could be on the verge of something great here. Thanks for humoring me.

    submitted by /u/Shackleford96
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment