• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 27, 2020

    Tech Support - I need to scan part numbers as text on 300 devices, convert the text to barcodes, print them on sticky labels. Can this be done?

    Tech Support - I need to scan part numbers as text on 300 devices, convert the text to barcodes, print them on sticky labels. Can this be done?


    I need to scan part numbers as text on 300 devices, convert the text to barcodes, print them on sticky labels. Can this be done?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 01:47 PM PST

    buying financed phone on ebay

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 02:33 AM PST

    i am planning on buying a phone that is pretty cheap off of ebay but it is financed. i do not plan on activating/getting a phone number. If i don't activate it, will it still be able to connect to the internet like at home and school so that i can use social apps? if the seller doesn't pay off the finance on the phone what problems can this cause for me if any when the phone is not activated?

    submitted by /u/iRotting
    [link] [comments]

    Why is sprite-flickering so bad on videos of old-school videogames, but not nearly so bad on the actual games themselves?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 01:06 AM PST

    I'm referring to YouTube videos where people seem to have recorded video of them playing classic emulated console games directly off a PC. Does it have to do with interlacing or something when they record the video? I see it all the time on classic gaming YouTube, but I play emulated games myself, and the sprite-flickering is never nearly that bad. Here's one example. In a lot of these, the sprites seem to disappear about half the time they're being used, to the point that it would make a game practically unplayable. Alternate theory: playing these sorts of games as a small child has programmed me with a sort of blind spot towards these invisible sprites, so I can hardly even tell it's a thing until I see video. I could honestly go either way. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/CrackerNamedJack
    [link] [comments]

    More advanced reverse image search techniques?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 10:25 PM PST

    I've reverse image searched plenty of images on Google, Bing, and Tiny Eye. Google seems to be the best. A stranger on an image board had a request for a reverse image search, they asked what I'd use to do the search, I told them Google, and they said they needed someone more experienced. That got me thinking, are there more advanced reverse image search techniques out there? It was my previous understanding that google was the best, simply because it has the largest database to work with.

    So, is there a more comprehensive method I'm ignorant of, or was I just dealing with a boomer who thinks there's some magical Haxx? :p

    submitted by /u/VerbalChains
    [link] [comments]

    How would I use wireless headphones with a smart TV that doesn't have bluetooth?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 01:30 PM PST

    Hello all! I'm very tech savvy, however, don't know too much about this topic in today's era and rather not make assumptions. THAT being said, I'm assuming I have to connect some sort of receiver to the TV and then use the headphones with that. Can anyone tell what type of products I need to look for (headphones aside) to make this work? I don't want to buy a new TV due to the fact hanging it is a project for me (back problems). Thanks everyone!!

    submitted by /u/Vypse
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to access an application like chrome without logging in

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 10:11 PM PST

    I've had an incedent in the past where my windows had problems and i was able to open applications without using a password for an account(if i remember it had something to do with control+alt+delete and task manager)

    so basically i want to open applications without using the password for windows account (shady i know)

    submitted by /u/HarryScout9510
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop problem

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 06:10 PM PST

    Ok, so whenever I plug in my headphones in my laptop all the way in, I can only hear from one side, but when I pull the headphones away from the hole by a bit(not taking them out completely but leaving a part of them in), the sound is perfect. does anyone know a fix?

    submitted by /u/IssAHey
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for reliable Cloud hosting services?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 09:42 PM PST

    Try HostingRaja, India's most trusted brand in web hosting services. Get secured, reliable and scalable cloud hosting services with high speed and other amazing features. To get the best plans for your business check now-https://www.hostingraja.in/cloud-hosting/

    submitted by /u/agarwalricha569
    [link] [comments]

    Booting from USB?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 01:21 PM PST

    My plan is to make myself a USB stick which has a copy of Linux on it; I plan on using it as a "portable" computer that I can boot from no matter where I am. However, I am struggling to work out what USB drive to purchase: I don't need too much storage, maybe like 128-256gb, but I want the OS to boot with relative speed, my budget is £30. Any suggestions for USBs or what to look for?

    submitted by /u/antitraingle
    [link] [comments]

    To receive or have access to a note once a week what's a good way to do this?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 01:22 PM PST

    There's a note I want to restrict access to viewing it every Tuesday but I'm not sure what I should use to set this up

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    Security concerns with scam calls/texts.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 01:07 PM PST

    I like to respond/answer random calls and texts that I receive. I don't have a good reason why I just like to. I try not to do anything too stupid like clicking random links that are sent to me. Or giving out personal information. Other than my phone number being flagged and sold as a active phone number that will than be targeted for more spam, is there any danger in doing this?

    submitted by /u/jeramyajones
    [link] [comments]

    Phone battery's lifespan

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 11:58 AM PST

    Hi there, it's my first time posting, hope I can explain my questions well enough. So I was reading if u charge your phone once 0 to 100 or twice 50 to 100 it's like the same thing.

    What if you keep charging your battery every time from 70-80 to 100? Does it make more damage with time? What if at 100 you leave it in charge? Does it keep charging 1% every few minutes? Is that bad or it doesn't matter? And last question, if you charge it often and it does not reach 100 (you take the phone away at 78 or 82 every time you need to use it) is it ok or over the years it damages the battery?

    Sorry for the loads of questions, hopefully one or more people can answer them all so I'll never have to think about them again 😂

    submitted by /u/hellen_photos
    [link] [comments]

    Is my anonymous Facebook actually anonymous?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 11:22 AM PST

    I created a fake Facebook account so I can anonymously reach out to someone.

    Despite creating a new email, setting the town somewhere I've never been, and doing everything I can to keep my original Facebook separate, I am seeing friend suggestions for my direct family.

    This makes me assume they can also see my fake profile as a suggestion as well which worries me.

    What gives? Any way to make it more private? Is there a way for people to reveal or connect it to my real identity?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TylerSmith94
    [link] [comments]

    Ispoofer not working?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 08:41 AM PST

    No idea if this goes here but when i open the ispoofer app on my mac, it says "please connect your idevices" but i have everything connected and its never done this before. i've even redownloaded it it still wont show my phone being connected. Is the app broken or something?

    submitted by /u/vjollcas
    [link] [comments]

    My PC has started randomly rebooting

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 05:42 AM PST

    Just as the title says, my PC would now randomly turn off and then turn back on again just a few seconds later. Previously it had happened a few times, like 1-2 times a month, but now it would happen like every other day in the last week or so and today, it was unusable - it had shut down and rebooted after using it for like 15 minutes, then again after around 10 minutes of use and the third time after less than 2 minutes. It's surprising that my PC hadn't turned off the day before during 6 hours of use in comparison to today. What could be the culprit? Also, I do NOT get any messages during/after the reboot (like that "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown"), if that tells anything.

    Furthermore, most of the times this had happened I was doing something unintensive (e.g. movie watching or browsing) -- it doesn't seem to be affected by doing intense stuff (for instance, playing Battlefield V, which puts my CPU at 100% wouldn't cause any issues whatsoever).

    Some of my specs: Gigabyte H61MA-D3V, i7-3770, Gigabyte GTX 1060, Samsung SSD 860 QVO, ITE IT8728F.

    What could be causing these reboots? Would be best if the solution was both fast and very low-budget.

    submitted by /u/TheAngryMister
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment