• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 6, 2020

    Tech Support - Galaxy Buds+ or Razer Hammerhead

    Tech Support - Galaxy Buds+ or Razer Hammerhead


    Galaxy Buds+ or Razer Hammerhead

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 03:08 AM PST

    I'm looking for a good pair of buds under 150$ and was wondering if i should get the Razer Hammerhead or I should wait for the Galaxy Buds+. On the paper the Buds+ would be better but the IPX rating is pretty small (IPX2) and the Razer's are IPX4. Someone who used the Razer and the original Buds can make a comment?

    submitted by /u/lemihu
    [link] [comments]

    When would be the "commercially appropriate" time to mass release Google Glass-like products?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 12:56 AM PST

    Consumer items like Google Glass have so far failed to be popular for a variety of reasons.

    Sometimes, some consumer products are said to have been released "at the wrong time". VR products, for instance, have yet to become as popular as it was hoped, let alone AR products.

    Thus, when would be the most "commercially appropriate" time to mass release Google Glass-like products?

    submitted by /u/AnakinWayneII
    [link] [comments]

    I traced back my stolen Android phone. How do I check if my data has been copied or not?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 04:18 AM PST

    My Grandma's Android Phone (Lenovo Vibe K5 note was lost this evening. I tried calling it, the person answered. He told me he lived far but I told him to come ASAP to the place I lost it. I reached the place and he was not there. I called him 5-6 times and when I started inquiring nearby people, this guy comes, and straight away gives it to my grandma (who was with me), and walks away hesitantly. As my grandma does not set a screen lock, I am scared her data must be stolen. Is there any way to check this?

    submitted by /u/sociallyencrypted
    [link] [comments]

    Multi-Channel Memory, Memory Controllers, and RAM.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 02:34 AM PST

    Quad-Channel implies that four individual memory controllers are present on the CPU, yes?

    Does each individual memory controller have access to every DIMM present, or are they separated(Probably the case, but just want to be sure.).

    Do all cores have access to all four memory controllers? If core 0 wants data from DIMM 0(Channel 1) and core 13 wants data from DIMM 3(Channel 3), both can pull data out of RAM at the same time since they are using two separate controllers? This would fulfill the purpose of multi-channel memory, no?

    Would programming multi-core/threaded software with random data reading/writing from/to a large data-set by all cores distributing the data over all four channels be more computationally efficient and faster than sending all of the data into DIMM 0 (And therefore saturating controller 1 since 2, 3, and 4 can't access this DIMM, and the cores/threads would be fighting for access)?

    Also another question, but probably too dumb/simple. How does the CPU differentiate between different DIMMs? If DIMM 0 has 1,000,000 addresses, does a 2nd DIMM add onto that, creating 2,000,000 addresses for the CPU to access [OPERATION][REGISTER][ADDRESS], or does the relevant instruction use the form [OPERATION][REGISTER][DIMM][ADDRESS]?

    submitted by /u/Seethrough0
    [link] [comments]

    Why do things like premium Wordpress staging plugins exist when creating a staging site through your hosting, with Softaculous, is pretty easy?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 02:00 AM PST

    Is there a way to use my non-bluetooth headphones wirelessly from my laptop?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 11:49 AM PST

    I like to watch movies from my laptop connected to my tv, and I have really good studio headphones (they are not bluetooth, only 3.5mm).

    Is there some kind of a transmitter device that I can connect to my laptop, and then plug my headphones into a wireless receiver from across the room? Everything I've seen online appears to be only for bluetooth devices, leading me to believe that what I'm imagining might not even be possible.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Upstairs-Degree
    [link] [comments]

    it's 2020, quick format ? or full format ? just got my new 16 TB drive. a full format will take 22 years. is quick format ok ? what are the benefits of a full compared to a quick ? thank you

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 09:18 PM PST

    out of curiousity i tried QF and in a matter of seconds it's finished. it seems for a brand new drive, a QF should be ok. may not be the same case if this is a used drive that may have some data written on it, or bad sectors. i'm still interested to learn from you guys the differences, advantages and disadvantages between QF and FF. thank you

    submitted by /u/QX7337
    [link] [comments]

    PS4 HDMI issues

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 12:42 AM PST

    So I bought a second hand tv for my son's PS4, it's an older Philips, 1080p, 4 HDMI ports etc, should work. Connect it up and nothing. It says video mode not supported on the screen. I plugged in a DVD player to that HDMI cable and it worked fine. PS4 works fine on the old TV so reduced the resolution to 480 and still didn't work on the new one. Not sure what to do.

    submitted by /u/T-rexathon
    [link] [comments]

    How to imitate the zooming of pinching the touchpad on a laptop with CTRL+ Arrows

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 12:39 AM PST

    Id like to ask if anyone knows how to imitate the zooming of a laptop.

    If u own a laptop, you can zoom in, out by pinching the touchpad accordingly. The motion of the screen zooms in and out in a "progressive" state, not like when you are using CTRL + Arrows where there are only presets of zoom that u can switch among. I'm not sure if I am explaining this clearly enough but still very appreciative of anyone that might have an insight on how to do it

    submitted by /u/53vodich
    [link] [comments]

    How does a game I play only need to read from disk the first time it loads a map?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 10:44 AM PST

    It's a 3d game with map files which are often many MBs in size, but even after loading all of the maps, task manager says the game's memory usage is barely higher than when it was first opened. It can't be storing all the maps in RAM, so how is it doing this?

    *I think I misunderstood how large the map files were. There are a bunch of really big files in the maps folder which I've heard aren't actually needed to load the maps. I thought the increase in RAM usage to store all the necessary files would need to be like 10 times larger than what it actually needs.

    submitted by /u/someone_or_other
    [link] [comments]

    Can a mod for arma 3 brick your pc?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 02:03 PM PST

    There are rumours going around that a mod for arma can brick your pc. They say that if you fire a certain weapon at a tree you pc crashes and when you load up you can't open any application at all.

    Is his possible and how?

    submitted by /u/CD_Dos_Gaming
    [link] [comments]

    My Bluetooth in my car constantly goes in and out. What could be the problem?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 07:21 PM PST

    Are there viable "e-ink“ notepads / reminder / calender for e.g. the kitchen?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 09:29 AM PST

    So this went through my head a few times already, in most kitchens or houses is a notepad / board, where you add everyday stuff like "football, Wednesday 3pm" / „buy new toilet paper" etc.

    So I thought that something like an ebook reader is from the concept perfect for such a thing. Stuff written on it isn't updated every 5 minutes.

    Best case would be of course if I could drop notes on it via phone/PC or combine it with e.g. my outlook calendar.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Zitter_Aalex
    [link] [comments]

    A strange problem with my Xbox

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 03:25 PM PST

    Tl;dr: Sometimes it will just turn itself on and off.

    This started either in 2018 or 2019. Sometimes my xbox will decide to quit working. It will do this at any time of the day for no apparent reason. Other problems my xbox has is that the power light won't turn on or work and the eject button won't always work.

    submitted by /u/Return2Reddit
    [link] [comments]

    Can an Acer laptop be louder for headphones?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 01:09 PM PST

    Does anyone know if it's possible for me to make my Acer laptop louder for my headphones? if there isn't an option please just let me know

    submitted by /u/BeowuIf_
    [link] [comments]

    HP Envy performance issues

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 10:18 AM PST

    Hello, I have a HP Envy laptop and recently I was taking the laptop from one room to another not realizing that the battery was loose. The battery fell out and needless to say the program crashed. I put the battery back in properly and plugged it back in. After turning my laptop back on, I noticed that the programs are taking a long time to load. Launching the browser, office or any other app takes forever. And its not improving. What could be the problem? And what can I do to fix it? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/DIPALD70
    [link] [comments]

    Are there phone apps that can block callers ids based off the first 6 digits?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 09:09 AM PST

    Lately it seems like 9/10 spam calls spoof most but not all of my phone number. Same area code, same first three digits, and the last four random. So are there any apps out there that can block any calls that come from a number starting with, e.g. 123-456-____?

    submitted by /u/thefarsidenoob
    [link] [comments]

    Where does Google get it's date of birth information on people from?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 07:06 AM PST

    If you search for for a birthdate of a (at least somewhat famous) person, Google shows it's own listing with a DoB before the results. However it's not apparent where Google has got this information from, since I'm not able to find it anywhere else (not even on Wikipedia). Is there a way to get the source of this listing?

    submitted by /u/heikam
    [link] [comments]

    How to find an advert on Youtube?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 06:08 AM PST

    An advertisement came up when I was watching YouTube, I clicked on the video link to go to the YouTube page the video was stored.

    I didn't think to print screen the advert before I clicked on the link, but now I need evidence that these videos are being advertised on youtube.

    There is no "ad" symbol under the video, but I'm sure that I was advertised to.

    Is there any way I can find out if this is currently being advertised on YouTube?

    submitted by /u/Strange_Apricot
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment