• Breaking News

    Friday, February 7, 2020

    Tech Support - I know this is crazy but I want to one day have my own company and develop different technologies and softwares.. Please read on

    Tech Support - I know this is crazy but I want to one day have my own company and develop different technologies and softwares.. Please read on


    I know this is crazy but I want to one day have my own company and develop different technologies and softwares.. Please read on

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 11:20 PM PST

    I want to one day be like an Elon musk of computing and making technology better, faster, and more efficient and user friendly then ever and completely revolutionizing computing. I'd create my own tech and softwares. Etc. I'm currently 17 and have very little knowledge on any of this or where to start but I know that is what I want to do with my life. Where do I even start? I know it's crazy but let's dream a little haha. I need help.

    submitted by /u/kai-leon_the_flame
    [link] [comments]

    SSA/ASS subtitles

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 01:44 AM PST

    Hi, I want to buy a new TV and I'm wondering if newer TVs can support SSA/ASS subtitles. I have an older TV which cannot display these subtitles so I have to convert them to SRT files but then I lose the customization of the SSA files. I tried searching for information about specific models of TVs but couldn't find anything. I plan on watching videos through the USB stick if it matters.

    submitted by /u/AtomicHood
    [link] [comments]

    10.1' Tablet LCD recycle into Standalone LCD.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 02:19 PM PST

    Hello Everyone

    Here is my "little" problem, hoping anyone could help out.

    I'm trying to re-use an LCD, from a broken touchscreen (LCD ok, Touchscreen cracked) using a LCD logic board with DVI and HDMI inputs.

    After some days of searching for the part-number of the LCD (it has a backplate hiding the real part-number, that's why it took a lot of time), I found out the model: HSD101PUW1

    10.1 inch LCD 1920x1200. Size and resolution were the main specs that made me try this project (and i knew that beforehand).

    Sure enough, I got the datasheet and the pinout of the LCD right away. (The connector is 34pin 0.5mm pitch)

    http://www.yslcd.com.tw/docs/product/HSD101PUW1-A00.pdf

    I searched on ebay, and actually found the EXACT LCD with the EXACT LCD driver board and adapter to the EXACT connector and FPC cable here:

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wearson-10-1-Inch-1920x1200-LCD-Display-Screen-VGA-HDMI-AV-USB-BNC-Driver-Board/273824452492?hash=item3fc1358f8c:g:RMEAAOSwbS1cxSyv

    The problem is I only need the LCD driver board and it only goes to 1080P (HDMI limited??). So DVI input is needed, something like this?

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/for-LVDS-LCD-Controller-Board-Kit-DIY-Driver-Board-HDMI-VGA-DVI-AUDIO-MNT68676/112279747405

    The issue is, how to get the LCD and LED backlight voltage correct from those ebay universal LCD driver boards? Buck Converter 12v to 3.2~5.5v? Are the LVDS pinouts even compatible? Where do I go from here?

    I've been searching on the interwebz on these type of issues, could not find anything, reddit is my last hope.

    Thanks everyone.

    submitted by /u/zKapaPT
    [link] [comments]

    Would it be possible to take a scanned document and the information found on certain areas be put into a spreadsheet in its various columns and rows?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 12:03 AM PST

    I do extra work for tv and film and I have a huge mess of paperwork that I want to scan and document. Rather than manually type it out I'd like to automate this process.

    I'm using windows. Scanning into PDF format.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/chamma79
    [link] [comments]

    Phone battery replacement: Is there anything other than the mah of the battery I should care about?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 09:01 AM PST

    So I can replace my iphone battery for 20 euro cheaper in a non iphone approved place.

    They have told me they will physically show me the battery, and prove the mah with iTools.

    But, technically speaking, is there anything else to worry about with a battery? Could they be using cheaper batteries that are worse in some other area than mah?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Thread_water
    [link] [comments]

    What is the coolest looking ‘dumb’ phone that’s purchasable

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 10:54 AM PST

    Map software recommendation

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 12:24 PM PST

    Hey all,

    I have a work problem you might be able to help with. I work in a position where I deal with facility maps with a ton of different information and locations. Depending on the department we're dealing with, a lot of that information may or may not be needed. We currently use publisher. On each map, we have the locations of fire extinguisher, fire alarm pull, flammable liquids cabinets, et cetera. There are over 2000 of these at my facility and it makes for a very cluttered map. When dealing with certain departments, they don't need all of that, so we end up deleting all of the extraneous info and saving that copy separately. It's a pain in the butt, especially since the layout frequently changed and necessitates updating all of the maps.

    What I'm looking for is a program that would let me hide various objects on the map as a group, almost like layers in GIMP/Photoshop, but retain the ability to move each object separately from the group. That way, we'd have a base layer (the layout of the building) and various other layers I can hide as needed.

    Anyone have any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/SoleInvictus
    [link] [comments]

    What other tech words starting with "e" like email, ecommerce...what else?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 06:33 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment