• Breaking News

    Friday, December 27, 2019

    Tech Support - Will plugging my mouse into my keyboard usb increase latency?

    Tech Support - Will plugging my mouse into my keyboard usb increase latency?


    Will plugging my mouse into my keyboard usb increase latency?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 10:54 PM PST

    I have a wireless mouse and just switcher from wired. It feels kinda laggy but i dont know if its because i have the mouse plugged into my keyboard usb or if its just because its not wired.

    Should I plug the mouse thing into my usb on my desktop or does my keyboard usb make no difference

    submitted by /u/jackblack2323
    [link] [comments]

    Why does the left wireless earbud have a much higher chance of failure?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 03:54 PM PST

    I recently got a pair of galaxy buds and noticed the left ear bud had static. I googled it and found that not only do a lot of Samsung buds suffer from issues specifically in the left ear bud, a lot of other wireless earbud brands also have a problem with the left bud. Why is that?

    submitted by /u/DrSuperSlim
    [link] [comments]

    Why does overdubbing audio swear words have to be so loud and use that obnoxious beeeeep?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 03:54 AM PST

    Why can't the words simply be distorted to sound like white noise at the same volume as the rest of the context?

    submitted by /u/ThuviaofMars
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to buy a smart TV, what should i watch out for?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 01:18 AM PST

    How long will my external HDD last unused?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 12:38 AM PST

    2 years ago, I lost an external hard drive with private info on it. I wonder how long the info on it will last -- as I wish that people wouldn't access that info. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Jasonsampeter
    [link] [comments]

    If I do a backup on my SSD, can I wipe my HDD then run on my SSD alone as the primary drive with the HDD as a storage drive?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 12:14 AM PST

    I recently bought an SSD and I want that to be my primary drive for booting up windows and such. I've heard issues about cloning your hard drive, so I decided to backup my files onto my SSD via windows 10 backup in the settings. My question is, can I completely wipe my HDD, making my SSD the main drive of my computer? Or is there more steps involved?

    submitted by /u/Hongjohns
    [link] [comments]

    USB to HDMI speed help

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 12:10 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    I had a look through some old posts but they haven't been commented on in a few years so thought I might be better off just starting a new thread (if this has been answered elsewhere please let me know!).

    I have a Dell XPS 13 9350 latop, and only have two USB ports and no HDMI slot on the laptop. I have been trying to find a solution to stream video from my laptop on my TV, using a HDMI to USB connector (this is the exact one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07TC58F34/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ). But when I connect it to the TV it is very laggy/jumpy. I've read that it might be potentially due to the USB port itself not being able update the display as quickly as it should, and if this is the case is there any way around this problem or is connecting to a TV via HDMI adapter just something I won't be able to do?

    Any help/advice is greatly appreciated, thanks.

    submitted by /u/technoob123457
    [link] [comments]

    Need suggestions for an offline personal note manager

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 08:47 PM PST

    I've used IBM Domino/Lotus Notes before and liked how that and the old palm desktop worked to save and organize notes. I'm looking for something offline that doesn't sync which will allow me to easily copy/paste urls, snippets or type text to notes and organize it easily by categories or keywords. I've been using google keep but would rather not have my data on someone else's server not able to access it unless online. Must be for Windows 7 or 10.

    Any help or advice is very welcome.

    submitted by /u/SciFiGuy72
    [link] [comments]

    Sending an email to everyone on my live.com email?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 12:10 PM PST

    Hey /r/AskTechnology,

    I am looking to send an email (UK GDPR request to delete my data) to every single email address that sends me emails or that I have sent emails to (basically my entire history of contacts)

    Is there any easy way that I can do this with my live.com email?

    Thanks,

    submitted by /u/Wasting_L1ght
    [link] [comments]

    How much does it take to produce a Nintendo Switch Gamecard vs a Sony or Microsoft disc?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 06:39 PM PST

    Im writing a paper and I can't seem to find the information on it anywhere. Does anyone know? Or can someone point me in the right direction?

    submitted by /u/spektorboy
    [link] [comments]

    Velcro SSD to back of iMac stand?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 06:29 PM PST

    So everyone knows the iMac expels heat through the vent behind the mount, seemingly pushing the hot air onto the stand itself. What were to happen if you cut a few pieces of velcro tape and stick one side to the imac stand, right on the opposite side of where the vent would blow the hot air, and the other strips onto the external G drive mobile pro thunderbolt3 ssd running my macOS

    Would the g drive mobile pro heat up just from having the few pieces of velcro taped to one side of it? what about now attaching it with the velcro to the stand on the opposite side of where the hot air gets expelled?

    Is this a smart idea for my external thunderbolt3 ssd that's running my macOS?

    submitted by /u/clampearl
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on Laptop Specs (not laptop suggestion)

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 05:41 AM PST

    Hi everyone,

    I'm basically on a hunt for a new laptop and I wanted to get some advice regarding the specs of laptop I've been looking at. Although I don't want to be a full time streamer, I'd like to do it from time to time and would like to buy a machine that would allow it. Most games I play are super old or simple so they wouldn't be an issue, the newest being probably like Sims 4. I also do quite a lot of video and photoshop editing.

    Here are the specs:

    -Quad Core Intel Core i7-1065G7 Processor-1.3 GHz / 3.9 GHz-8GB RAM-Intel Iris Plus Graphics Card

    Now from my limited knowledge, I know this is pretty basic game-wise. I don't need anything super high-end as I'm not a MASSIVE gamer and I am on a bit of a budget, I just want to be able to play and maybe stream Sims 4 at a rate that comfortable to watch.

    If you have or know of a setup like that please feel free to let me know what you can/can't play and stream.
    EDIT: Feel free to also comment on performance of games like Dragon Age, Warcraft etc. with these specs. I'd love to be able to play the witcher on it too but I'm pretty sure that'll be a big nono lol.

    submitted by /u/grzybeczek
    [link] [comments]

    I have a question about adding a second 2.5" hard drive to a Dell Inspiron 24 model 3455 all-in-one.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 04:27 PM PST

    I just got this desktop for free, the drive had failed. I'm planning on putting a SSD in it, and wanted to add a HDD for file storage, replacing the DVD drive. Once I got it open, I saw that this system has 2 SATA ports on the motherboard, and the DVD drive uses a custom molded slimline SATA connection, with 4 power wires to the connector for the hard drive, with 2 (red and black) coming out and running over to the DVD drive connector. My question is, can I buy a slimline to SATA adapter and connect a 2.5" HDD with only the red and black wires to power it? Also, are there any suggestions for mounting a second drive in the DVD drive slot?

    Edit: here is a picture

    submitted by /u/ReddiEddy78
    [link] [comments]

    Can I cap my internet's download and upload speed?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 03:27 PM PST

    My internet is very slow it has 7Mbps and below 1 upload. I'm wondering if it's possible to limit the max download speed or upload speed on every device that is connected to my internet so anyone using the internet can still download or upload something and I can still play online games.

    submitted by /u/Tacolord35
    [link] [comments]

    Will this RAM be compatible with my RAM?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 12:09 PM PST

    I have 8atf1g64az-2g3h1, and was wondering about getting more RAM. The only possible upgrade that I could find is KVR24N17S8/8. Will these two different RAM sticks be compatible with each other? They have the same voltage, same latency, and same mhz. I know it is not good to mix RAM sticks but oh well.

    submitted by /u/Flxmes27
    [link] [comments]

    Broken screen: better to fix or get a new phone?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 09:55 AM PST

    After two years of dropping my phone 3x each day, it finally shattered. Luckily it's still usable but it doesn't look great so I either wanna get it fixed or just get a new phone, though I'm not sure which will be better cost wise and just in general.

    I have an IPhone 6s+, it was my step sibling's old one so I just got it handed down to me, no insurance or anything like that but I didn't pay anything for it either so fair deal. It's not bad, I actually really like it minus the glitches that I attribute to it getting older and Apple only keeping up with it's latest model of phones.

    But because it's an older model, is it worth getting it fixed? How much would getting it fixed typically cost? If I were to get a new phone I wouldn't even be able to afford another Apple one or all the other new big name phone brands, my budget is like 200$ dollars. I know it's my decision but realistically, which would be the better option?

    submitted by /u/uufocafe
    [link] [comments]

    Home office set up

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 05:28 AM PST

    Hey everyone, as the title says I recently got a new job where I am able to work remote a few days a week. I am about to set up my home office but have run into a slight dilemma. I have my own personal PC at home for games/internet surfing/etc. with 1 monitor. I want to upgrade to 2 or 3 monitors as it makes work easier and is just that much better.

    My question is, is there a way to have my personal PC and work laptop connect to all the monitors? I was thinking there may be some type of switch that could take me from viewing my work laptop to viewing my PC but I am not sure if such a thing exists.

    If a switch is not the answer please provide any tips or suggestions on the best way I could set this up.

    Thank you for taking the time to read this.

    submitted by /u/mfine49
    [link] [comments]

    Should i unplug router for 30 seconds or reboot it through it's site?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 08:49 AM PST

    Every site says the proper way to reboot is to unplug it, buy i can reboot it through it's site. Would i achieve the benefits of reboot either way?

    submitted by /u/8VK94
    [link] [comments]

    Difference between USB-C and USB-A 3.1 for transfer speed?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 07:12 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment