• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 26, 2019

    Tech Support - Video stutters on 4K monitor.

    Tech Support - Video stutters on 4K monitor.


    Video stutters on 4K monitor.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2019 09:39 PM PST

    Hello, So I work in IT and build my own computers, play games, etc so I'm not a complete noob when it comes to general computing problems. But... this one has stumped me.

    I have three monitors hooked up to my PC (4790K, 32GB, 2070, Windows 10). One is a 240hz 1080P, second is a 144hz 1440P, third is a 60hz 4K. The problem I have is when playing say a youtube video simply at 1080P on my 4K monitor and if I move my mouse around infront of the video it will stutter, pause, etc. The second I move it to my 1440P or 1080P it plays perfectly no matter how fast I move my mouse.

    So I figure, hey, lets change the resolution of my 4K to 1080P and it should stop? Nope. Even when the 4K is at 1080P the video still stutters when I move my mouse around in front of the playing video.

    Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? I generally watch media on my 4K monitor, yes even if its in 1080P... but this is quite annoying.

    submitted by /u/gersbersms
    [link] [comments]

    External storage.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2019 09:09 PM PST

    I need some external storage for my laptop for me to store my games and play from. Does anyone have any reccomendations? I have a budget of 100$

    submitted by /u/spriggan4
    [link] [comments]

    How do video game cartridges work?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2019 10:27 AM PST

    My Dad says that the main use of a game cartridge is to "ensure that you still own the game", with actual storage of the game being secondary. He also says that, while playing a game on a cartridge, it copies some of itself to your device's internal system so it can "run faster". He's a computer technician (server work, mostly), so I'm starting to question my knowledge. Am I the idiot here, or is he?

    submitted by /u/MattTOB618
    [link] [comments]

    I am looking for great RGB Light Bulbs!

    Posted: 25 Dec 2019 08:58 PM PST

    Hello! I'm searching for RGB Light bulbs! I was in the first place going to buy the Philips Hue plus something and I wanted to get More for my buck (Pay less for if not better, almost same quality) What makes a Bulb Glow a lot? Kelvin or Watts? Any suggestion for something like this : https://i.redd.it/jsqhgzc4x5g21.jpg

    (SMART BULB isn't a must, I just want them simple with a controller and the ultimate must is to get the best and glowiest light the eye can see :) )

    submitted by /u/TommyLee1308
    [link] [comments]

    Computer crashing help!

    Posted: 25 Dec 2019 04:55 PM PST

    Every now and then my hp laptop will crash and the cursor will mess up, like the Sprite will screw up, help?

    submitted by /u/TMGMADS
    [link] [comments]

    Connecting Spotify/phone to passive speakers. What are my options?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2019 03:57 AM PST

    I'd like to get some speakers for my kitchen and I come across decent passive speakers from time to time. Therefore I was wondering if there is an affordable solution or set up that will allow me to easily play music on some decent speakers. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/superfli
    [link] [comments]

    What is the fastest way to transfer speeds from a USB Hub with multiple external HD to a 2014 MBP?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2019 12:53 PM PST

    Hi there,

    I have a Macbook 2014 13" Retina with 2 USB 3.0 ports and 2 Thunderbolt 2 ports.

    What I want to do: Find the best set up to attach a USB hub to my MacBook Pro that can simultaneously run multiple hard drives at the same time to transfer data from external to MacBook Pro

    My dilemma: I was thinking of buying a USB 3.0/USB C Adapter to plug into my USB port on the Mac Adapter, and then purchasing a USB C Hub -- however I do not know which one to get since it needs a lot of power if I will be connecting 2 external hard drives. End result would be 5gbps transfer speeds.

    My second dilemma: I was researching Thunderbolt 2 options and was surprised that the speeds for this option come up to 20gbps for transfer speeds. Is there any set up that I could utilize with the Thunderbolt 2 port to essentially achieve the same result as above? What would I need?

    TIA.

    submitted by /u/2xbidprn
    [link] [comments]

    Ext hdd not mounting macos Catalina pls help

    Posted: 25 Dec 2019 12:42 PM PST

    ive had catalina for a while now, and however annoying it is, my ext hdd was still mounting. its a usb c lacie 2tb. i have two partitions on it, one exfat for my windows devices and one macos journaled. the windows partition is showing up, AND reading and writing, so i doubt its a hardware issue, drive is only a year old anyway. PLS help theres so much stuff on it. mounting from diskutil does not work, through terminal or app. it HAS happened before a couple times, but a simple restart or a bit of waiting would make it show up, not working now. should mention, its also my time machine backup drive (the macos partition) and i tried rebooting and disabling it as the main drive in time machine preferences, didnt work, and i think it might have been disconnected while performing a backup. tried on another mac running catalina since no one i know still has an old os, same problem, exfat partition showing up but not macos. pls help

    submitted by /u/syngates1
    [link] [comments]

    Biogenik gamecube adapter not working on pc

    Posted: 25 Dec 2019 01:54 PM PST

    Hey everyone, so I bought a biogenik gamecube adapter a couple of months ago, I used it a couple of times and it work, but months later, it won't connect to my pc anymore. I don't think it works on my switch either. What should I do? I know for a fact that my gamecube controller is working properly.

    submitted by /u/Ov_JawbreakerX
    [link] [comments]

    Good Idea To Connect 500GB External SSD To 128GB Surface Pro 7?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2019 09:38 AM PST

    Heard something about USB port not being powerful enough, but wanting to see if there's a way to make it work well.

    submitted by /u/lift_fit
    [link] [comments]

    please tell me how to make google calendar start the day at 8 am

    Posted: 25 Dec 2019 12:22 PM PST

    I cannot for the life of me find the button that says "working hours"

    submitted by /u/Pretty_strong_friend
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get a 10 Mbps or 20Mbps fiber connection?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2019 11:15 AM PST

    1. What is the maximum YouTube video quality and FPS I can get on each?
    2. How long will it take to download a 1Gb file on each?
    3. Does using an IDM make a difference?
    4. Which is better if I need to often use cloud computing and Remote connection?

    I won't be playing games. And If my understanding is correct, on a fiber connection, the speed won't decrease even if more users connect right?

    submitted by /u/Aedengeo
    [link] [comments]

    How can I choose between Syncing an iCal for my Calendar and just copying one?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2019 07:21 AM PST

    As far as I know on Google Calendar if you add an iCal from another Calendar into an existing one there is no possible way to unlink it. So I'm stuck now with my main calendar completely ruined.

    I'm curious after I'm doing redoing my main calendar (re putting everything in) is there a way to link a calendar to where you only grab the events at the time of importing it and not importing it to where it is connected to it like taking in newly added ones?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/MattPilkerson
    [link] [comments]

    Expose someone who uses hidden number

    Posted: 25 Dec 2019 07:04 AM PST

    Is there an app for android that can expose someone who uses no caller id/hidden number? If there isn't an app. Is there any other way?

    submitted by /u/uppdooot
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a place/website that offers custom-printed Apple Watch bands? I would like to pimp out my watch with an 80’s/90’s Memphis aesthetic.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2019 08:04 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment