• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 3, 2019

    Tech Support - looking for a free virus protection software. Please save me from McAfee.

    Tech Support - looking for a free virus protection software. Please save me from McAfee.


    looking for a free virus protection software. Please save me from McAfee.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 09:01 PM PST

    I got McAfee last year because it was ~$10 and someone at work recommended it. I now can't find a comparable price, and my code has expired. To retaliate, McAfee has changed my search engine to yahoo. I have deleted the McAfee extension and deleted yahoo from my list of search engines and it still does it. It also is giving me a lot of pop-ups. Can anyone help me find a budget or free alternative? I had a mac for years so I'm not an expert in this type of software.
    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/jumpnshootman
    [link] [comments]

    500,000mAh powerbank... I'm assuming it's a con?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 11:46 PM PST

    I'm looking at powerbanks on eBay and there are a lot 500,000mah and 300000mah.

    I'm assuming this is a con as I don't see anything on legit sites over 80k. Be interesting to know if this technology even exists to be so large (without it being the size of a House brick)

    submitted by /u/justanotherzom
    [link] [comments]

    Alarm clock problem

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 03:58 AM PST

    I set my Phillips alarm for 6:10 AM and went to sleep. I didn't wake up at 6:10 or 3 minutes later, i woke up at 6:39. I asked my brother and he said he heard the alarm go off. Is this a glitch or is it just a feature with the alarm?( i probably slept through it either way)

    submitted by /u/Username-unavalible
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anything I can use to stitch together a map from a 2D video game?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 03:17 AM PST

    I'm trying to stitch together images to form a complete map of a location in an online flash game since I don't have access to the raw map file, I can manually take screenshots of each area, crop out the sides and stitch them together but that takes a really long time and i'm wondering if there's some kind of panorama maker for 2D images that can detect movement and make a map out of that.

    submitted by /u/hunderslash
    [link] [comments]

    How do know for sure the e-mail sender is legit?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 02:48 AM PST

    I've received an advertise e-mail from bitdefender@hello.bitdefender.com. The domain seems authentic, but after a quick search, "a new ransomware virus using the Hello@hello.bitdefender.com e-mail for contact was detected. " Following this tutorial I checked things like the "signed by", "encryption", dkim and spf (both passed). Now, this e-mail itself is not important but for the future, I'm curious about two maters:

    1. Is this method enough to make sure a sender is real?
    2. How could hello@hello.bitdefender.com have sent phishing e-mail since it seems to be registered on Bitdefender's mail server. (has the subdomain "hello" anything to do?)
    submitted by /u/pc_issue_throwaway
    [link] [comments]

    Start an internal DNLA streaming server directly from the router ?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 02:34 AM PST

    Hello to everyone,

    according to what offers my router,it seems that I can start an internal DNLA streaming server without installing external software ? Am I wrong ? How can it work ?

    https://ibb.co/dcv8WsR

    submitted by /u/loziomario
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a CD/USB access history?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 12:33 PM PST

    I am aware that it is possible to see which files were accessed. What about accessing a CD/USB w/out opening files (only copying them) would there be a record of that?

    submitted by /u/Abecadura
    [link] [comments]

    I know how stupid this will sound but is it possible for MP3 files to lose "quality" over time resulting in distorted sound?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 11:50 PM PST

    Again, I know this isn't how files work but it's happened more than once that perfectly fine MP3 end up with slightly distorted sound and I need to replace them.

    submitted by /u/ScrapJackx9
    [link] [comments]

    Usb cable not working with charger

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 11:33 PM PST

    Not really sure where else to ask this, but here's the scenerio.

    I recently bought a syncwire nylon braided type c cable, however, it does not work my charger, which is a Sony charger with quick charge 3 and mediatek pump express. My question is, out of all my cables, why doesn't this one work? The cable isn't broken. It works with my pc, portable battery, the HTC charger (but that's just a basic USB charger) but it doesn't work with the Sony quick charge charger.

    I have another syncwire cable, and outside of the braiding, the descriptions for the two cables are the same, and even then, the non nylon cable works with the Sony charger. Am I missing something? The new cable is longer which is why I want to swap out but don't get why it doesn't work...

    submitted by /u/Dwang040
    [link] [comments]

    How to fix a house phone that makes a loud buzzing sound during even slightly bad weather?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 04:12 PM PST

    Sometimes can't even hear the other person through the buzzing?

    submitted by /u/Bart_Joe69
    [link] [comments]

    Is there such thing as a GPS tracking device/microship used for luxurious clothes?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 07:29 PM PST

    Have been robbed twice in my life and I now have this fear of wearing expensive jackets in public. Is there a device that exists where you can implanted a chip or something into a piece of clothing, so that when you get robbed, you would be able to track your property? I'm sorry if this is a dumb question.

    Edit: Oh, and forgot to say that I am a lifeless faggot who likes to wear expensive clothes in public.

    submitted by /u/emperl_arct
    [link] [comments]

    PDF question: When using Text To Speech in various PDF reading apps, the sections of text which highlighted are not the sections which are narrated. Why is this? Is there an easy way to repair the PDF to improve the way the narration flows from page to page?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 02:44 PM PST

    Possibly use discs on a computer without a place to use them??

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 11:03 AM PST

    So, I recently found some old computer game discs, sch as Diablo II, and was wondering if there was a way to use them, as i have a computer without a place to put the disc into.

    submitted by /u/ItsRandomX
    [link] [comments]

    How do I prolong my laptop's battery life?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 07:02 AM PST

    The laptop model is Acer Aspire E 14 (E5-476G-50WA).

    submitted by /u/damnedlord
    [link] [comments]

    What can I do to stop encountering this screen upon startup?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 07:28 AM PST

    The startup screen error I have resetted the PC in recovery, but it hasn't resolved the issue.

    submitted by /u/luxamorra
    [link] [comments]

    Wallpapers

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 09:27 AM PST

    Am i the one who gets feed up of every wallpaper that I set up on my phone? I mean I put a wallpaper, I enjoy it for a few days , then it annoys me and I feel the necessity to change it? Is it normal? Am I the one?

    submitted by /u/nicnic_04
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment