• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 4, 2019

    Tech Support - In 3D games, why is it that if you get the camera inside something, said object is invisible? Instead of, i dunno, same texture but backwards?

    Tech Support - In 3D games, why is it that if you get the camera inside something, said object is invisible? Instead of, i dunno, same texture but backwards?


    In 3D games, why is it that if you get the camera inside something, said object is invisible? Instead of, i dunno, same texture but backwards?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 09:36 PM PST

    Is anyone making custom firmware for DSLR cameras?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 12:20 AM PST

    Recording headset+mic without ‘echo’ from loopback (audacity)

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 11:08 PM PST

    Hi, I have my usb mic (with 3.5mm headset connected) connected to my laptop; I have the input (recording) and output (speaker) both set to the usb mic, with 'listen to this device' on.

    I can record (on audacity, using the loopback option of the mic) both the sound coming from the laptop, to the headset (connected to the mic) and my voice, going into the mic. The problem I have now is that I'm able to hear my own voice on the headset as well, thus creating an 'echo'.

    Does anyone have any suggestions as to what settings, or setup changes I can make to get rid of the 'echo' of my voice coming from the headset? I will be doing some more testing tomorrow, but thought I'd post it here to see if anyone has any suggestions first.

    Thanks for reading, and helping!

    submitted by /u/Tomoyaron
    [link] [comments]

    Why is it that many VR experiences are 2+ times the size of what you'd see in real life, or appear as though you're several feet off the ground? Is this a technology limitation or a gimmick?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 02:47 AM PST

    I need some help with a strange network issue.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 02:19 AM PST

    (Sorry if this is the wrong subreddit, I really don't know where else to go)

    I will start off by saying that this is a little embarrassing. I am a computer technician, so I should be able to solve this, but this issue seems to be a little beyond my abilities I have tried for some time now, but I can not seem to figure a way around this, and I do not want to have to reinstall Windows if I can avoid it.

    Here's the issue - When I am on Firefox, seemingly randomly I will have this issue where I will have to wait for a page I am trying to visit to time out completely, then click refresh and it will start working again without issue until it decides to do it again, whenever that is. Sometimes it's the first page I visit, sometimes it's 300 pages in, sometimes it's once all day and then gone until the next day. It's never consistent.

    I also have disconnects from online games. Guild Wars 2 is the biggest culprit, where I can try and travel to waypoints and randomly I will have a network error attempting to travel, and it usually only happens when traveling, or when loading into a story instance. I keep getting kicked out, keep trying over and over again through reconnect after reconnect, and eventually it will work, but again, it's random as to how long it will work for.

    I have checked my network speeds on several occasions, and I am getting the speed I am paying for. I ran traceroutes, tested each connection individually, and most of the packet loss appears to be external to my residence.

    Normally I would just say that this is outside my house and therefore outside my control, but here's where the issue is. We have 3 computers in this room, all of which are used to play games, browse the web, watch movies, etc. My wife and I both play Guild Wars 2 together, so we are usually connected to the game at the same time. The kicker is that these issues only happen to my computer. The other two have zero issues with network whatsoever. They connect flawlessly, they disconnect from nothing, they have zero packet loss, nadda. I run the same tests on their computers and they connect fine, with only around 5% packet loss some times, which is completely acceptable.

    I have tested my network card, it appears to be running fine, never drops a packet. I have tested the router with the same results.

    Anyone willing to take a shot at this? Because I am running out of ideas here.

    submitted by /u/Venrexx
    [link] [comments]

    Ok, so can you change the OS on a computer from Ubuntu(linux) to Windows if Ubuntu is already installed on the computer? Like, i bought the pc like that

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 01:21 PM PST

    Should I change my samsung j7 lcd screen??

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 11:22 PM PST

    should i change my lcd screen?? my j7 pro broke after it fell and the screen turned black and a line of white light flashes every 10 seconds. and i can't access my files when plugging it to my pc or doesn't recognize it.REPLY

    submitted by /u/achaeuss
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my twitch keep buffering?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 10:20 PM PST

    My internet connection is 4mbps. I know it's low but I have no issues streaming videos anywhere else (youtube, Netflix, prime, etc) except twitch.

    Does twitch have some optimization issue or is it just my net speed? Also, it there a way I can get rid of this issue?

    submitted by /u/no_need_form
    [link] [comments]

    Can't locate the website for an email account

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 10:08 PM PST

    My friend gave me an old gaming account of his, and the ending of the email address is @li.com

    Now I need to reset the password and am unable to because I need to log into the email account itself

    I can't figure out what website I would use to attempt to log on to this email address.. Any suggestions on how I might find it?

    submitted by /u/drpepperppp
    [link] [comments]

    Building gaming PC

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 09:48 PM PST

    My budget is around $1000, i am trying to build a relible gaming system that will run my game at least 14fps and that has at least 10tb of storage, what should i get, and should i try and save up more money?

    submitted by /u/Drrout
    [link] [comments]

    What would be the best way to go about accessing the very beginning of a Facebook messenger thread with a person, without having to scroll all the way up for days on end?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 05:58 PM PST

    Should I fix my Ipad Mini 3 Screen ($75) or buy a new Fire HD 8 ($55)?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 09:10 PM PST

    What is the maximum speed of Ethernet Over Power?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 04:54 PM PST

    Camouflage Against Facial Recognition Technology

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 06:55 PM PST

    Could you confuse facial recognition software by wearing face paint or making yourself look non-human? If you were to dress up as a tree or perhaps a trash can, would a modern computer still recognize you?

    submitted by /u/BigMac91098
    [link] [comments]

    Any recommendations for headphones with a high quality microphone attachment?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 06:21 PM PST

    I've been using earphones + a separate mic for when I'm talking to clients at home for my personal business. It's starting to get annoyingly clunky to have a separate mic on my desk, so I'm looking for headphones with microphone attachments. Anybody got any good recommendations? I'd prefer the headphones to have a high quality microphone - enough, say, for professional video recordings. Not that I'm going to record anything, but the clearer the better for my business-related Skype calls. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/raymond_poist
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking short-throw projector recommendations for a bright room.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 05:00 PM PST

    Hello all,

    I'm seeking a short-throw projector that I can mount within a few feet of the wall. Unfortunately, the room doesn't have a light dimmer and for safety reasons I cannot turn off the fluorescent lights i.e. think office lighting. I want something bright enough, which is my first priority. Second would be image quality.

    Also, a desirable display would be 10ft by 8ft or something along those lines. Money is not a huge priority as I'm willing to invest in the right solution. With that being said I'd like to keep it under $3K if possible.

    Let me know what you all think! I appreciate your time!

    submitted by /u/jzilla1995
    [link] [comments]

    vpn-capable hotspot that can connect to wifi uplink

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 04:54 PM PST

    Pretty much the title. But I am going to explain it again in long form

    I have an agent who goes from home to home and not all locations have good cellular data service but all(?) have wifi. I need a portable device that can do the following (this is NOT a consumer device request)

    • portable/battery powered
    • connect to wifi for its uplink
    • establish a vpn tunnel through that wifi uplink
    • then broadcast its own wifi with password that routes through the vpn
    • it needs some user access controls
      • the wifi uplink selection needs to be open
      • the vpn settings needs to be locked away

    I have no clue what it would be called and my efforts to google up an, ideally singular, device for this has eluded me all day. What have you got!

    submitted by /u/GeminiEngine
    [link] [comments]

    A question about my soundbar.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 04:22 PM PST

    I have a soundbar that plays the audio through the apps on my Amazon FireTV perfectly, as well as my Xbox One, but when I switch it to the TV input (I only use the local channels through an antenna because all the shows I watch air on those channels, I don't know if that's relevant or not) I lose all audio through the soundbar completely. It also seems to happen when I use Disney+. Any way to fix it?

    submitted by /u/DanielMcClellan
    [link] [comments]

    If I plug one side of an Ethernet cable into an Ethernet wall outlet and the other side into my PC, will it work just as if it was plugged into a router?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 04:21 PM PST

    Probably a stupid question, but I'm not much of a hardware buff. I don't wanna buy another router, would plugging the cable into the wall do the trick?

    submitted by /u/Toxinz1181
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best YouTube to mp3 converter??

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 07:49 AM PST

    Hi, I'm really horrible with technology so I don't know any programming or python or anything like that. They are so many converters and I don't know which ones are safe for my macbook. If you have suggestions please let me know. I need it to cut my music for my dance students!!! Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/breadphysics
    [link] [comments]

    I added RAM and my computer keep crashing

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 01:31 PM PST

    At first i had 2x G.skill ripjaws v ddr4 2400mhz 4gb sticks and I just installed 2 more 4gb sticks of the same kind though these were 2666mhz.

    It worked well for about an hour but then my pc crashed (blue screen) . Now it's stable for aroud 5 minutes before i get blue screen again. Please help

    submitted by /u/SergeantRetard
    [link] [comments]

    Does this device exist?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 01:16 PM PST

    I'm looking for a pocketable, programmable device much like an Arduboy that has a realtime clock. I want to use it for reminding me to do tasks, such as taking medicines, watering plants, taking out the recycling, etc. Before people chime in with "why not use your mobile phone?" I only have use of one hand and nearly all mobile phones are too large for me to use comfortably or they are ancient with horrible battery life. I use various command line utilities to create reminders on my computers. Two main programs I use are tkremind (or just remind) and Emacs Orgmode. If I had something as small as an Arduboy that beeped or played a simple tune (think: old Nokia phone) and displayed a 2-3 line text reminder on the screen to remind me of things it would help me tremendously. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty but soldering is very difficult for me. Does this device exist? Note: if I'm not asking the correct subreddit please let me know!

    submitted by /u/igotapreorder
    [link] [comments]

    A question about wifi networks

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 01:04 PM PST

    In august I bought a new modem and wifi router for my house instead of using the modem that xfinity provides. I installed them on that day and set up a new network. My roomates and I were using Xfinity's prepaid internet services, which charges you once for the month. We haven't been charged since august and still have our internet, how does that work?

    I'm sorry if this is the wrong place I am just lost on how we could still have internet service

    submitted by /u/sk8ez345
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for the cheapest solution to combine audio outputs

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 12:21 PM PST

    *I think I mean inputs

    I want to combine to sources in to one pair of headphones/speaker would also be nice if the box or whatever would have 2 inputs and 2 outputs

    I know most mixers could probably do it, but I really don't need any of the other things a mixer can do and Am wondering if there is a cheap way to do this.

    submitted by /u/Herald506
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment