• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 31, 2019

    Tech Support - Can a micro SD card in an adaptor work in a normal SD card device? And, if so, would it be any slower than a normal SD card of the same class?

    Tech Support - Can a micro SD card in an adaptor work in a normal SD card device? And, if so, would it be any slower than a normal SD card of the same class?


    Can a micro SD card in an adaptor work in a normal SD card device? And, if so, would it be any slower than a normal SD card of the same class?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 05:43 PM PST

    I want the fastest micro and regular SD cards possible. But, if I can kill two birds with one stone and save money, then I'd rather just buy fast micro SD cards. I want to have a super fast micro SD that will work in both my GoPro 7 and Sony A6400 (uses regular SD cards). Is that possible without sacrificing speed in my A6400 with an adaptor?

    submitted by /u/Master_Vicen
    [link] [comments]

    Why does entering an incorrect / nonexistent url sometimes take me on a weird redirect to a random website?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 03:33 AM PST

    I've noticed this happening over the years but could never find any reason for this behavior.

    For example, I visited the domain http://mikeroweforums.com/, which was once registered but now no longer points to anything. When I try to go to that domain in my browser I get taken redirected to a random url, which then redirects me again to a random website. The first time I was redirected to modernnest.com, then the next time I was redirected again to bizrate.com. This has happened to me on different internet providers and urls.

    Does anyone know the cause of this behavior?

    submitted by /u/Shwne
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor not showing display?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 01:09 AM PST

    So i just got this new pc but the display isnt showing.when i turn on the pc the gpu fans start then they turn off while the led on gpu is working.Im actually using a vga to dvi-d converter and was wondering if that was causing this and i should buy a cable? The gpu is xfx 580 btw.

    Here are some pics incase something is wrong or not connected

    https://imgur.com/a/oTY8ziW

    submitted by /u/fk826
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get the notification text bubble that shows me how many messages I have

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 06:52 PM PST

    I have an S7 active, how do I enable the little bubble with the number of messages I have appear on my homescreen. I got a new phone and lost that feature and honestly, it has heavily negatively impacted how much I respond to texts. I have "App Icon Badges" turned on for all apps, including messenger.

    submitted by /u/horkak
    [link] [comments]

    How to create a hotkey to minimize Google Chrome?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 09:49 AM PST

    I'll be straight up with you guys... I want to create a hotkey that minimizes Google Chrome so when someone walks past my office (my back is to the door) they dont see me scrolling reddit.

    I usually only cruise reddit for ~45 mins a day but it seems like every time I do my boss walks past my office. So to him it looks like I am always messing around. Is there a way for me to make a key (such as F7 or maybe CTRL+something) minimize or close Google Chrome and leave all of my other windows alone?

    submitted by /u/bosscav
    [link] [comments]

    HDMI and USB cable length latency?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 07:22 AM PST

    I have my computer set up in my room but would like to be able to hook it up to my TV in my living room (bigger/more public TV) for doing stuff like gaming if I have friends/family over without having to move my whole rig as it's currently in a complicated spot with lots of cable management already happening (pulling it out to clean it is already a complicated chore lol).

    I was looking into getting a 25-30ft long HDMI cable and a USB extender with a USB split/hub at the end for some controllers and a mouse. If this was just for streaming video or more casual stuff like web browsing I wouldn't be concerned about latency, but since this would primarily be for gaming I don't want to have a big delay between hitting a button on my controller, traveling 30 feet to my PC and then the input traveling another 30 feet back to the TV. I'm hoping those lengths are short enough to not make an impact, but I thought I'd see if anyone with more knowledge/experience would be able to tell me if it was a bad idea before spending my money on cables.

    Also, I did already look into wireless options but that just costs too much for me at the moment for how infrequently I'd end up using this, coming out to at least 3-4x more expensive than full length cables to run. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Cosmic_Quasar
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless earbuds with controls for Windows Media Player

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 08:23 PM PST

    I am looking for some wireless earbuds (or a full headset, doesn't matter) that I can use to listen to the music on my computer while in another room, preferably ones with buttons for pausing, skipping, etc. Do any such items exist, and where can I buy them?

    submitted by /u/Dachimotsu
    [link] [comments]

    Pls help

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 03:33 PM PST

    I have been saving up for months now to buy a new gaming pc (I'm 13) but now I can afford it I'm not sure the money I saved up and the time I spent is worth a gaming pc or if I should just buy a bunch of other smaller stuff I want?

    submitted by /u/TheAuthority66
    [link] [comments]

    Clocks unsynchronized

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 03:03 PM PST

    Hello everybody, i would like to ask you a simple question. Why the clocks of 3 different phones (synchronized to the internet) aren't synchronized between themselves? The first one is 1 second ahead of the 2nd phone and 2 seconds ahead of the 3rd. Why is it that?

    submitted by /u/Broco_Laco
    [link] [comments]

    How to change realtek wifi adapter mac address

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 04:09 PM PST

    I don't know if this thé right place for this question anyway

    I lookt for a while on thé net about how i could change wifi mac address i found many videos and articles talk about this thé problem all of the motheds doesn't work for me

    All the methods talk about going to thé device manager and choosing the wifi card and changing the mac from there seems this doesn't work for realtek chipset cards

    I hope if someone know what im talking about help thanks !

    submitted by /u/phantom-white
    [link] [comments]

    Do not connect HDMI sticker

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 01:11 PM PST

    Hey, guys, I'm helping out my grandad with connecting his computer to his tv so he can watch Netflix in his living room. Yes, I already explained you can get Netflix on his Smart TV but he wants his PC to plug into his TV so when I pulled the PC back and looked at the HDIM slot it has a sticker next to it that says "do not connect" in Polish so I looked around on the internet trying to figure out why is that there but I couldn't find anything. I'm not a computer wizard so I'm a bit confused any help is appreciated thank you

    submitted by /u/Basurnikov
    [link] [comments]

    USB C Qi Adapter that doesn't take up the port?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 09:01 AM PST

    Hi, I own a cellphone with only a USB C port for charging, data, and headphones. It currently does not have wireless charging support and I would like to add it. However, most Qi adapters on amazon take up the usb c port, making my headphones useless, is there a product that extends wireless charging capability while also extending the port so that I can still use it? The phone model that I have is a

    Mi MIX 2 running lineage os 16. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/sir_kermit
    [link] [comments]

    HTC owners or insiders, what's the deal?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 04:18 AM PST

    Is it just me, or is there someone inside HTC intentionally sabotaging their products? Every new sense home seems to drain the battery more, every app update breaks something, every new phone comes with new quirks and less useful features. I recently upgraded from an HTC One M8 to this HTC 10 evo, and the pattern continues. Out of the box, everything is great (except I no longer have an IR blaster or headphone Jack) but update ANYTHING, and something gets worse or breaks. I've had to completely wipe my phone and start from an original HTC Android developer build just to get all of my stuff working again. Seems to me like someone from another company has infiltrated HTC headquarters and decided to constantly make bad decisions, maybe to push people to Google, Apple, Samsung, or others. Anyone have information on what the hell happened to HTC's (seemingly) high quality products and customer care?

    submitted by /u/SwordsAndWords
    [link] [comments]

    Possible Scam?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 09:39 AM PST

    I came across this website with great laptop deals, possibly too great to be true. The website is istorenow.com. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this website or knew if it was a reliable store. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/lIlllIlllllIIIII
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a way to broadcast one browser tab to a media stream.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 09:38 AM PST

    Without the tab being open all the time, just record its contents. Then create a video stream that either broadcasts to a local browser stream, or even to something like youtube.

    submitted by /u/memynameandmyself
    [link] [comments]

    Vpn WiFi issues

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 09:28 AM PST

    Hi all,

    Currently trying to install a vpn on my router. Changed my router to a new type (linksys velop with a Nokia router plugged straight into the Internet) and I can't seem to find a way to install it like I did before. Before I plugged an alternative router and set it up on that and switched to that one when I needed it. I can't seem to do that on this one though.

    I am super bad at explaining. Hopefully someone here can decipher my ramblings 😂

    submitted by /u/semi-skimmed
    [link] [comments]

    Going to buy a phone and prepaid service in america

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 07:46 AM PST

    Hello. I havent bought a phone for a few years and was wondering about the asian market like what gearbest sells.

    I went to best buy the other day and was overwhelmed once again with choices and carriers. I was going to settle for a moto one but ended up leaving.

    Online, there was a going for a ulefone x5 on thought about putting it on mint mobile. There is also cubot, blackview, gionee, oppo and a couple others.

    I was going for verizon cuz i hate AT&T and Sprint isnt that great. But all these phones support mainly gsm.

    Can anyone tell me about the asian phone market, what brands are good, what to stay away from and even what carriers are good?

    Thanks! And if there is another sub to ask let me know.

    submitted by /u/opalstranger
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment