• Breaking News

    Monday, December 30, 2019

    Tech Support - Make a secure USB (unique identifier)

    Tech Support - Make a secure USB (unique identifier)


    Make a secure USB (unique identifier)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 07:12 PM PST

    Background: There is a requirement for the system security that I have to only allow the company approved USB devices (e.g., USB mass storage, keyboard, mouse, Bluetooth,, etc.,) and block all the rest (non-approved).

    Even though PID, VID, serial number are unique identifiers to USB devices, but, if somebody knows those information he/she can easily create a USB with the identifiers mentioned above and produce an approved USB.

    Problem: Is there any way that I can add unique and secure identifiers to USBs (except VID,PID, S/N) and setup a mechanism to differentiate between company approved USBs and non-approved ones and allow only the approved ones?

    Expected result: Secure USB for devices that are left unattended (e.g., kiosk) in the public places.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/navid_83
    [link] [comments]

    How to "un check" a box in a Google form survey?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 03:14 AM PST

    WiFi adapter on laptop is needing to be "reset" every half hour or so.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 01:35 AM PST

    I've been having an issue with my laptop the past week or so where every 1/2-1 hour my WiFi loses connection with the internet. No other device in the house has this issue. I've run the windows troubleshoot and it fixes it every time, but it's very annoying having to do it so often. The troubleshoot says that it resets the WiFi adapter and that the domain gate is unavailable if I remember correctly (I'll get a screenshot the next time it happens).

    I've changed the power settings for the adapter so that the computer cant turn it off and I've also run a malware/virus scan all to no avail. And yes, I have restarted both the laptop and the modem hoping that might be the issue.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Edit: Almost exactly 1/2 hour after this post it happened again. Screencaps here: https://imgur.com/a/B8a8OXs

    submitted by /u/Kipplez
    [link] [comments]

    Hi I am whanting to make my very own ai

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 07:32 PM PST

    I'm not sure where to begin but I am trying to make my very own ai for peoples phones I do have a laptop and was wondering if there is an app on my laptop I can use to make it easier I couldn't find anny so far would like to know where I even begin on this

    submitted by /u/Jonathanburdinelee
    [link] [comments]

    Big fps drop after windows and geforce experience game driver update.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 01:24 AM PST

    I recently purchased a new laptop and it ran perfectly fine when I got it a few months ago. It ran r6s and other games at 170+ fps on high settings at 1080p but after the most recent update I did to windows and geforce game driver, it wont even go above 100fps and normally hovers around 70fps. There was also a thing I was prompted with after the windows update that was a slider that you could adjust whether you wanted better performace or better visuals with inbetween being recommended but I didnt touch it. You could also change between unplugged vs plugged performance but I couldn't find that menu anywhere afterwards. Any ideas what is causing this drop in performance or how to fix it? I do have pictures of the gpu and cpu usage, temps, clocks, voltage, and fps from when I got it and now and the settings in the game never changed.

    submitted by /u/Gagemon2000
    [link] [comments]

    Yo guys anything bad about this tv?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 10:01 PM PST

    A virus that keeps coming back

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 09:51 PM PST

    I have a virus on my computer that is named desktop and keeps coming back whenever I delete it. If you are wondering how I know this is a virus, I did multiple virus checks, and it every hour crashes my computer, making me restart it again and again. Please help me, I had it for weeks now.

    submitted by /u/Scary-Profit
    [link] [comments]

    rj45/aux/hdmi connectors to USB-C hub to USB-3 adapter?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 09:23 PM PST

    Was wondering if, connecting a USB-C hub with certain connection types such as RJ45, AUX, HDMI, etc ( such as this or this ), would continue to function properly, if said USB hub was then connected to a USB-C to USB 3.0 adapter ( such as this or something better if i can find it). This would be for the purpose of, the multi-functionality of the USB-C hub, without requiring a USB-C port.

    Any input/suggestions/alternatives are appreciated! Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/R33D77
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] finding a speaker for someone with sound sensitives

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 07:59 AM PST

    Hello, if this is the wrong sub to post in (or if you can think of a better one) please let me know.

    My wife is currently bed-bound and has been so for a little over a year. She has a number of sensitivities to sight, sound, touch, smell, and taste. The whole 9-yards. She has 2 TV shows that she "watches" (by this I mean "listens to") on her phone. However, her phone often gives off, what she describes as, a "tinny" sound. We recently hooked up a phone to computer speakers that we had in the house and she said that it sounds a little better, but would like to try to find something that would be a further improvement.

    I am looking for speakers that are:

    • Cord connected
    • Useful for people with sound sensitivity
    • Has as few lights as possible

    Any recommendations, redirections, or general help would be appreciated. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/pjsans
    [link] [comments]

    How can I see how many times a certain word was searched for in google? I want to see if there is a spike or trend in a certain word.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 06:37 AM PST

    Streaming HDMI remotely to another tv outside of LAN

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 10:46 AM PST

    We have friends that moved away that we used to play JackBox with. I was using it on my Amazon fire TV stick to play with them.

    I was wondering, outside of Skype recording my tv screen, is there a way where I can VNC or remotely view my screen so that we can still play?

    submitted by /u/cross_eyed_lurker
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to tether oculus quest

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 04:29 AM PST

    To use tether the oculus quest to use it essentially as a rift s you need a USB c cable. I have a USB c cable but don't have a USB c port on my computer. I've been looking for adapters but can't find one that's HDMI Male to USB C Female.

    Would anyone happen to know any I can get? (In Brisbane)

    submitted by /u/traimn
    [link] [comments]

    cloning conundrum

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 11:44 AM PST

    any recommendations for software to clone an m.2 ssd my laptop came with a 256gb one and im looking to replace it with a 2tb one

    submitted by /u/AncientMilk
    [link] [comments]

    Can I put my router sim into my phone to get data on my phone?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 10:57 AM PST

    How can I put it? Is it simply inserting the sim? I tried that, but it doesn't work

    submitted by /u/Aedengeo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment