• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 28, 2019

    Tech Support - Would using a Laptop for 16 hours a day straight for 1 year decrease the performance ?

    Tech Support - Would using a Laptop for 16 hours a day straight for 1 year decrease the performance ?


    Would using a Laptop for 16 hours a day straight for 1 year decrease the performance ?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 03:56 AM PST

    For example wearing down the stuff inside faster or are they built to cope for such intensive usage without slowing down ?

    submitted by /u/zobo988
    [link] [comments]

    Liquid Cooler freezing hazard?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 08:26 PM PST

    Would a nzxt x62 kraken liquid cooler sustain damage from periodically going below 0°F while not in use? Does the liquid have an antifreeze component?

    submitted by /u/tampora701
    [link] [comments]

    Is it generally safe to purchase refurbished computers?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 06:56 AM PST

    What's a good portable SSD?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 10:11 PM PST

    I'm considering getting a new backup drive for my Macbook Pro (A1278). I'd like it to be small and portable (but not easy to mistake it for a Juul), and for it to be relatively fast. What do you recommend?

    submitted by /u/thetankeroo
    [link] [comments]

    How to get photos of my broken Samsung Galaxy S7?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 10:01 AM PST

    My screen broke on my Galaxy s7 and now the screen is all black but the phone seems to work. Is there any way for me the get the photos from my phone gallery without repairing the screen. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/black-train
    [link] [comments]

    Google Auth: Can't get working.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 05:29 PM PST

    For several programs I use, bitwarded&uplay, I turned on 2FA. It's supposed to generate a Google Auth code. I've used Google Auth in the past without any problems. But for some reason I can't get a code generated. Any insight? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/nihc
    [link] [comments]

    10,000+ image mosaic

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 12:29 PM PST

    Hello! I am currently trying to create a massive mosaic and am struggling to find a program that works.

    Every program I have found so far (andreamosaic and etc) is outdated and runs out of memory (works for smaller mosaics). The only other options I could find were online which costs money.

    I have tried allocating more memory to the process as well as borrow my friend's computer which had 30GB of RAM and 8/12 cores without any luck.

    I was wondering if you had any idea on either how to fix this issue or know a better program to use that does not cost money. Thanks for the help

    submitted by /u/agentc313
    [link] [comments]

    Smarthome: Is there a way to automatize the categorization and archiving of scanned documents into specific folders (With text recognition/OCR)?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 07:03 AM PST

    I am in the process of building my smarthome and I'd like to be able to scan incoming physical mail and then automatize the archive/categorization process through text recognition. Is this feasible in any way?

    submitted by /u/Charana100
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to use a male to male AUX cable to play music on a macbooks/phones speakers?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 05:38 AM PST

    for example if I plug a phone into a Macbook with an aux cord, is it possible to output the sound from the phone through the AUX cord to the macbooks speakers? or with a phone to another phone?

    Basically im trying to come up with a creative way to use a bluetooth headset on a switch.

    Thanks everyone

    submitted by /u/auxcordguy
    [link] [comments]

    How to connect multiple TVs to a PC and manage what's displayed on each one of them separately

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 09:58 AM PST

    Hello, so the idea is to link 3 different TV screens to my computer in order to display instructions for workers, for starter I'm thinking of maybe using an HDMi splitter and project whatever displayed on my PC screen to the TVs, but the inconveniences is that my PC would be locked just to do this task. So I'm wondering if possibly any of you is aware of some software to manage each screen display separately while maintaining the usability of my PC. Also if there is a better way to link TVs then please do suggest

    submitted by /u/Snowfier
    [link] [comments]

    Cat6 or Cat7?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 07:02 AM PST

    I'm installing an ethernet cable to be rid of some poor WiFi signal at the other end of the house and I was wondering if it's generally worth going with a Cat7. I don't have anywhere near Gigabit net, it's around 250 down most days but I was wondering if I'd have a better overall experience with Cat7 over Cat6? Or will it make any difference with my network speed?

    submitted by /u/Blame-My-ISP
    [link] [comments]

    Can you use nailpolish on a peeling cable sleeve?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 09:49 AM PST

    I have a pair of jaybird x3 with the outer insulation peeling of from the edges of the cable. I have understood that liquid electrical tape is the best way to go but I cant seem to find it anywhere in my area. Also normal electrical tape wont stick to the cable.

    Would regular nailpolish work instead of liquid tape? Dont want to risk breaking the headphones.

    submitted by /u/Bullensan
    [link] [comments]

    Screen sharing

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 08:14 AM PST

    My question is if I have no access to WiFi at all. And my laptop is connected to the internet via my phone hotspot. How do I screen mirror FROM my laptop TO my phone.

    I know this is kind of opposite of what everyone doing from phone to laptop. But I want to look at my phone instead of laptop. Also, there is no wifi

    submitted by /u/Teemo_Tank
    [link] [comments]

    Reccomend me a printer?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 05:27 AM PST

    I'm looking for a new printer. My requirements are black and white and color, wireless (USB also an option is a plus but not necessarily), and doesn't hog ink or inappropriately say it's out of ink when it isn't. Looking between $50 and $150. I'm currently looking at the Brother MFC J497DW printer. Does anyone have thoughts on this printer or other suggestions?

    submitted by /u/supremedalek925
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment