• Breaking News

    Friday, November 29, 2019

    Tech Support - Are hisense TVs good at all?

    Tech Support - Are hisense TVs good at all?


    Are hisense TVs good at all?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 06:30 PM PST

    Wondering if I should get my dad one for Christmas.

    submitted by /u/Failuretosave
    [link] [comments]

    Mirror iOS device's screen remotely from a web-based console

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 03:15 AM PST

    need to troubleshoot your business owned iOS devices using any laptop/desktop? This is easy: https://blog.scalefusion.com/remote-screen-casting-for-ios-devices

    submitted by /u/lukemendess
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a good pc for gaming?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 03:06 AM PST

    Looking to buy a pc for gaming on games like GTA 5, cod, battlefield and even run VR games, and wondering if a pc with these specs would be a good choice or not?

    Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz (3.7GHz Turbo), 4 cores Graphics: AMD Radeon Vega 8 Integrated Graphics Memory: 8GB of DDR4 Memory running at 2666MHz Storage: 1TB Hard Drive Power Supply: Xilence 400W 80+ with 6 pin PCI-E cable Available Rear Ports: 4x USB3.1, 2x USB2.0 Triple monitor support Windows 10 Installed

    submitted by /u/KoB_Gaming
    [link] [comments]

    About to buy a new tv- which one to choose?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 01:37 AM PST

    Hi guys

    im about to buy a new tv for my new house, the budget is kinda low but I found 4 tv's i might choose between. Any recommendations?

    Philips 65PUS6703 - 589$
    Philips 70PUS6724 - 655$
    LG 65UK6300 - 560$
    LG 65UM7100 - 589$

    thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Steffeen
    [link] [comments]

    Debating between 2 TV's for Black Friday - Element 65" 4K Roku Smart TV or Philips 65" Class 4K Ultra HD, both are same price, both have below average reviews. Which one should I go with?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 01:02 AM PST

    I'm mostly going to be using it for watching Netflix/Youtube. My husband may use it for playing games on his PS4 occasionally. I don't really need it to be extraordinary, so I'm not too concerned about the low ratings, just looking for a big screen where I can enjoy movies and shows. Any advice? Thank you :)

    (Links to both below)

    submitted by /u/ChicagoChurro
    [link] [comments]

    What gaming pc should I buy

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 04:59 PM PST

    I am looking for a moderately priced pc that could run games like Tom Clancy's Ranbow Six and ARK I have been looking at This Lenovo pc is it good?

    submitted by /u/allyainsry
    [link] [comments]

    Windows issues

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 01:19 PM PST

    So for the last 10 months or so since I built my new computer, I've had a lot of issues with Windows 10. I don't receive auto-updates, the Microsoft Store doesn't work, and anytime I try to use their tech support all I'm told is to restart my computer. With every new update to Windows I have to download the latest update assistant to actually receive the update. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/BlakeRb3
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a way to set up a programmable phone number that can forward calls.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 09:13 PM PST

    My SO and I live in an apartment complex that has a keypad entry system. If you dial an apartment number in the keypad it will call a phone number that the resident has set up and they can be buzzed in through the phone. Currently it's set to call my cell phone.

    I'd like to set up system where we have a phone number that the front door can call that can be set to forward the call to either my phone or my SO's phone. And if we call the number on either of our phones, it would recognize the number and let us in to change where it forwards to.

    How easy would something like this be to set up?

    submitted by /u/Hypersapien
    [link] [comments]

    Remote Desktop but for iPhone?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 08:10 PM PST

    My mother often has trouble using her phone. I think a simple solution might be a broadcasting application so she can show us her phone screen, even when she's not in the same location. Does anyone know of anything like this?

    Ideally, it would be free. Multiple viewers, one broadcaster.

    She gets confused by her phone really easily, so the simpler the better. Being able to access it while using other apps (it runs in the background) would help.

    Thank you for your help!

    submitted by /u/Furiously_Fortuitous
    [link] [comments]

    Why can’t I save a video at 2X speed to save space?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 10:03 AM PST

    Lately I've been thinking about this, I know it probably cannot be done due to a technical constraint I am not aware of, but what if, to save space, I save a video at 2X speed and when I am playing it I put its speed at 0.5X to get normal speed again?

    submitted by /u/iwanttobemayor
    [link] [comments]

    Find me my unicorn headphones

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 08:51 AM PST

    I currently switch between 5-6 pairs of headphones/earbuds. I want to get that down to 2 (earbuds/headphones). I have the earbuds sorted, just having problems with the headphones.

    I'm after:

    • ANC
    • Not amazingly pricey (up to £200)
    • Multiple connections at once (iPad, iPhone, PC)
    • Ability to wire with standard 3.5mm jack when needed
    • Ability to use the mic when wired (so I can use them on PS4 or PC for gaming, for example)

    Does such a headset exist? The Sony, Bose, Sennheiser, AKG, Jabra headsets I'm looking at all have a mix of these features but never all at once, it seems. The most common failure point is the "use mic when plugged in".

    Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless gets close and almost pass for "real" headphones, but the hoops you need to jump through to get them working across PC and PS4 are excessive IMO.

    submitted by /u/Holistic_Dick
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the best wifi setup for me?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 10:13 AM PST

    I live in a ~3000 square foot home and I can't decide what WiFi setup I should get. I'm undecided between getting a mesh network and separate modem or getting a traditional router modem combo with an extender.

    From the research I have done, it seems like every mesh network setup has its own array of serious issues. So overall, which type is the best? So far I am considering the Orbi RBK50. Is that a good choice? Am I being too paranoid about possible problems with a mesh network?

    Or instead, as I said, I can get a modem router combo and an extender because it seems like a safer alternative that may have less problems. So far with that, I am considering the Motorola MG7700 and a Netgear EX8000 extender. However, the Motorola is only dual band. Should I go with this instead? Is there a better option.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ShinyChromeKnight
    [link] [comments]

    I need your help guys

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 10:10 AM PST

    Maybe a little bit off topic but I need to buy a Beamer. With a nice resolution, audio quality doesn't matter. Mainly for playing xbox and watching movies. Should be under 500€. If you know a Black Friday Deal, shipping to Europe that would be even more better. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Splagist
    [link] [comments]

    Basic Question about Setting Up a TV

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 09:17 AM PST

    Hi Reddit,

    Haven't had a TV for 10+ years and looking to buy one this holiday. I realized that the technology changed quite a bit and I'm not sure what equipments I need. Could use some help on this very basic question!

    So I'm looking to buy the samsung frame TV. As far as I know, it has most of the modern features (4K, HDTV, smart TV, etc.), but not all of them. That's fine by me.

    https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/the-frame/highlights/?cid=sem-mktg-pfs-tv-51519-25686&ds_rl=1104805&ds_rl=1245501&ds_rl=1245516&gclid=CjwKCAiA_f3uBRAmEiwAzPuaM2_U4KtGPICpnMjXAskXI3Q5jODlkm3EQSB8XxLCfUoKh3GsjOoSFRoCFZUQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

    My question is this: do I need to get a second device to go with the TV? Like Apple TV, Roku, or a competitor service? I saw some reviews online saying that the frame tv is a "smart TV" and already comes with all the apps you need to watch movies or stream shows (like Netflex, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc.). So what's the value add for buying another device like Apple TV?

    I know you can just plug the TV into cable and buy a subscription service. I'm ruling that out because I don't need that many channels. I'm just looking to watch movies/shows on my streaming platforms and be able to have ESPN and a few news broadcasts (which I presumably can get through like Hulu). In this case, what do I need other than the TV?

    TL;DR I'm buying the samsung frame TV and have no idea if I need to get Apple TV or etc. I'm not sure how they are connected, because it seems to me that the TV itself allows you to use streaming apps (Netflix, Hulu), so not sure what Apple TV is adding here.

    Thanks all!

    submitted by /u/ethan_hunt_1970
    [link] [comments]

    Is there such a thing like a hearing aid sized ipod?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 09:04 AM PST

    I am going to start working in an amazon warehouse and I can't take my cellphone inside the work area to listen to music, but is there a sort of small device similar in size to a hearing aid that could work like an iPod and possibly have apps on it for youtube or twitch.tv?

    submitted by /u/MAD_OR_NAW
    [link] [comments]

    I need to chose a monitor quickly: Lenovo L27q-10 vs AOC Gaming C27G1

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 07:22 AM PST

    Lenovo L27q-10 27" W-LED QuadHD vs AOC Gaming C27G1 27" LED FullHD 144Hz FreeSync Curved

    EDIT: A third contestant for €175: LG 27MP59G-P

    I've been in need for a new monitor for ages and both are on sale for €200 in Spain due to Black Friday.

    (NOTE: I'm not an expert in monitors at all)

    The Lenovo one is much more beautiful design-wise imho and it has better colors (I think), but it lacks FreeSync/GSync and has a refresh of 4 ms against the FreeSync + 1 ms of AOC. I don't really care about the curvature.

    I only need to know what is the right pick here. I'm not a hardcore gamer a tall, just a casual with a GTX 1060. I mostly use the computer for music production, casual gaming (also with Nintendo Switch), watching movies, university work and sometimes image editing.

    submitted by /u/h0peless_b4stard
    [link] [comments]

    Brand new speakers have buzzing sound even when not connected to laptops headphone jack.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 07:13 AM PST

    Sound is like Helehopter lifting off only bit quieter. It's not laptop problem, because speaker does that even when just pluged in electricity and nothing else. Does anyone know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/ArcAngel2k
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment