• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 2, 2020

    Tech Support - Phone update

    Tech Support - Phone update


    Phone update

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 09:17 PM PST

    I want to update my iPhone to iOS 14 since it's still running iOS 11. I was curious to see if I update my phone will all my current apps be updated as well? I just like some of my apps the way they are instead of their recent updates. I also have auto updates turned off.

    submitted by /u/rubbergoose69
    [link] [comments]

    What download speed is necessary to mirror display via airplay in HD without lag.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 05:07 AM PST

    Hey, I'm current using airplay to connect my MacBook to an external monitor (faulty thunderbolt connection so no other option). Unfortunately, the picture quality on the external monitor is poor and my trackpad cursor is lagging. I'm currently averaging download speeds at around 100 MBPS. Someone said that it may be a bandwidth issue but I managed to download at 1gb test file in 1 minute and 10 seconds so I'm guessing my bandwidth is pretty stable ? Anyway, my question is whether this is enough or whether I should upgrade my internet package, and if so, to how much if I want the mirror image to appear without blur and lag.

    submitted by /u/mjbristolian
    [link] [comments]

    How does giving over IP adresses in the darknet help in finding pedophiles? (video link)

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 04:20 AM PST

    Hi I was watching a video in which they said it would help for EU to change their laws where the internet providers have to store IP addresses in case of suspected activity. But how does it help to store IP addresses if they are layered over many countries? I thought TOR is doing exactly that. That you cannot trace back IP addresses.

    Link : https://youtu.be/BYeG-UCxnoM?t=386

    submitted by /u/Pol7
    [link] [comments]

    Books or research journal articles about challenges that society culture faced due to technology and cyber world

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 11:20 PM PST

    Hello, so I would like to have book suggestions or research journal articles about the impact of advance technology and internet toward the values, culture and lifestyle of a society. Or book about how the effect of gadget addiction toward a person life or specifically teenagers. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/007weilun
    [link] [comments]

    Finding a good monitor

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 11:01 PM PST

    I can't seem to find any good monitors with 3 hdmi ports and a built in speaker for sale. My current monitor is an old 20 or 22 inch Samsung TV from around 2012-2015 that's finally giving up on me after many years and it's randomly turns off and on while in use. I use my current monitor/tv as a second monitor for my laptop and to play games on my Nintendo switch and PS4.

    That's the reason why I'm looking for a monitor with 3 hdmi ports and a built in speaker if possible (I can easily get speakers but a built in speaker will save up some space) If anyone knows any good monitor with the requirements I want or something close to it then please let me know. I want to get a new one before my current one finally kicks the bucket.

    submitted by /u/Unknown-Bob
    [link] [comments]

    Can I run an android TV Box on any TV, specifically on a NON Smart TV (or something that doesn't have android TV in it)

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 02:14 AM PST

    2 in 1 tablet/laptop

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 02:02 AM PST

    Hello,

    I'm looking for a 2 in 1 tablet/laptop that can easily run streaming services, store images and videos, preferably keyboard compatible and the ability to connect to a desktop to back up data. I'd also like it to run drawing apps (similar to procreate, but not as I don't want an iPad) so any recommendations on that front would be great!

    Looking for Windows/Chromebook/Samsung etc - just not iPad!

    Any good stylus' to use for said drawing apps would be great!

    price range - 300 - 450ish.

    Thanks people!

    submitted by /u/Capstick97
    [link] [comments]

    How to make PC recognise your PS4 External Hard drive without reformatting it

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 07:18 PM PST

    So I plugged my PS4 external hard drive to the PC and it comes up as unallocated on the PC and the only way I could fix this is to reformat but I don't want to as I have other stuff on my external hard drive I wanted to take out. Is there anyway to do this or do I have no choice but to reformat?

    submitted by /u/AirDrifter
    [link] [comments]

    How to convert a large XML file to CSV?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 05:08 PM PST

    I exported my Apple Watch Activity data, and its a XML file that is 683,862 KBs (I've had my Watch for over 3 years and track macronutrients and water so there's a lot of data points). I've found a few XML to CSV converter sites but they don't handle a file that big. Does anyone know somewhere I can convert it?

    submitted by /u/red1dragon588
    [link] [comments]

    Name of a Polymer-Press for Dishes

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 10:43 PM PST

    Good day folks, im searching for the name of a Device / Brand that i've seen about 10-15 years ago...

    It's a Heatpressing device that creates all kinds of dishes - Plates, cups, bowls, etc - out of the same polymer disk. After cleaning them again, the machine presses the dish into a small disk again.

    Back then it should end a common problem in small kitchens, because you dont need that much storage space and the machine was just about the size of an Microwave.

    Was just talking with a friend about our 3d Printers and that even in the early 2000', the ideas of self made everyday products were real.

    Thanks in advance!

    Cheers, Fritz

    submitted by /u/Ghidrama
    [link] [comments]

    hello guys, i have a amd rx560 and bought a rx 580 can someone give me tips about upgrade and i heard somewhere that you need a ssd to upgrade for some reason is it true?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 10:41 PM PST

    Is there any reason to connect a hub to a switch?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 02:28 PM PST

    I am doing a project for a networking class and I have to make a network design that includes at least 2 subnets with each having their own switch and hub. I am confused as to how I am going to include both and though maybe connecting them together. My project aside, I am wondering if there is any reason to connect them together. Whenever I google it, all I get is result comparing and contrasting the two devices and very few designs that include both let alone connect them.

    submitted by /u/MagnumBlowus
    [link] [comments]

    Can I delete Microsoft Visual C++ txt file?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 12:57 PM PST

    Hey, I recently used WinDirStat and found that that on my Temp folder under Windows, I have a 5.8Gb file for Microsoft Visual C++.txt file.

    Since I'm running on about 1Gb of free space, it's really annoying to have something like that, so I'd like to know if I can just delete it?

    Also, if there's any other tips on things I can delete, I'm all ears.

    Thank you for all the help!

    C:\Windows\Temp\Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable Setup_20160928_003439993-Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219-MSP0.txt

    submitted by /u/Throwingofshames
    [link] [comments]

    Why does streaming a video makes network usage go up and down instead of being fairly uniform?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 06:15 AM PST

    I was streaming a video a few minutes ago and while monitoring my network usage I noticed that there was a pattern with spikes of high network usage followed by almost nothing. Why is that?

    submitted by /u/not-much
    [link] [comments]

    Repeated call.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 11:15 AM PST

    I had a call with my mother. Suddenly, our call just ended. So I waited for her to call me back. When she did, she said that suddenly she started to hear our conversation from the beginning (only my voice). How did that happened?

    submitted by /u/Regos7852
    [link] [comments]

    Any good resources for hosting my own website?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 11:45 AM PST

    I'm looking to create my own website and host it on a raspberry pi. I want to be sure that I'm taking the necessary security precautions in addition to this, and I have very little background. Most of the websites I'm finding on Google when I search for a guide on how to do this seem like they are basically ads for their own hosting services. Are there any resources that will show me how to accomplish my goal without the ulterior motive of having me pay for their hosting services?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/knockout2495
    [link] [comments]

    Xfinity Router or my own?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 11:16 AM PST

    Hey everyone, So I've had my own router: DLink AC1750, for years and it met my expectations.

    However, as time went on, our household upgraded the ISP for the gigabit speeds along with the Gigabit modem/router, but we downgraded soon after due to constant problems. Comcast told us to keep using that modem/router.

    So now we only pay $65 a month for about 100mb downloads speed?

    My question is, should I stick to using the Xfinity modem also as a router, or hook up my AC1750 router? Which performs better?

    Because around 2-3am, I guess my router does that self healing and pretty much poops the bed.

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/RayMinishi
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to connect Razer Kraken USB to phone

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 11:03 AM PST

    So I'm trying to connect Kraken 7.1 v2 to my phone, and there's a thing in the market called USB female to AUX 3.5mm. I wonder if it would work, and if it does, does it effect the sound quality?

    submitted by /u/ImHenrySoong
    [link] [comments]

    Question about NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GTX

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 01:52 PM PST

    Hello I was wondering if the NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GTX would fit in my mother board's PCI express slot I went on the HP website to check the specifications of my motherboars PCI express slots and this is what I got:

    3 full-height PCI, 2 full-height PCI Express x1, 1 full height PCI Express x16

    Here is the Info of the graphics card if needed: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GTX Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database

    submitted by /u/VeryLowSpecGamer
    [link] [comments]

    What does it mean on Google messages when there is a recent time stamp but the last message was from months ago?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 01:20 PM PST

    So the last message was from June but before you click the message it shows 11am. Does that mean a message was deleted?

    submitted by /u/SufficientCrystals
    [link] [comments]

    If Net Neutrality is brought back, how will the transition be as opposed to when it was repealed? (*Also Ajit Pai sucks turkey knob*)

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 09:29 AM PST

    My AirPods in google meet on chrome book sound muffled and weird, anyone know a good fix to this?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 07:56 AM PST

    Background info: -AirPods work fine on YouTube on the chrome book -Sound is fine when using the speaker on chrome book in google meet -I tried disconnecting and reconnecting them -I also tried forgetting them and reconnecting them

    submitted by /u/ComradeDoggo540
    [link] [comments]

    Is my cat's microchip interfering with my soundbar?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 06:53 AM PST

    This is a bit of a weird question, but I haven't been able to find an answer to this, so I thought I'd ask it here.

    Ever since we got our new cat microchipped, occasionally the sound on our soundbar will go up or down as if it's getting some kind of interference. This usually happens when kitty is in the vicinity of the soundbar. It's never happened before we got the cat.

    Is this even possible?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/SoftNSquishy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment