• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 1, 2020

    Tech Support - i dropped a usb a headphone wire in a glass of water, how much time does it take to fully dry?

    Tech Support - i dropped a usb a headphone wire in a glass of water, how much time does it take to fully dry?


    i dropped a usb a headphone wire in a glass of water, how much time does it take to fully dry?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 11:22 PM PST

    There is something real weird happening with my new headset.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 02:42 AM PST

    I bought it on black friday, I took it to my mums and played some games and music with them. On my laptop. Everything worked correctly, then I went to my dads home. Now whenever I connect them to my jack port on my pc theres a weird buzzing sound. It wasnt there before. I just tought the headphones had a problem, but then I went back to my mums and they worked just fine there. Ive checked my dads headset as well in his home and it does the same buzzing noise whenever you plug it in and it keeps going until you plug it out. This only happens at my dads home. Does any1 know why?

    submitted by /u/Redskrill
    [link] [comments]

    How to transfer my copy of windows 10

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 05:21 AM PST

    I'm building a new computer, the parts I've ordered doesn't include a CD-ROM drive and I'm pretty sure I don't have my Windows 8 CD anymore that my old pc came with.

    Is it possible for me to transfer my copy of Windows I own on my current pc to the new one I'm building.

    I have the CD key for the original Windows 8 copy it came with but over the years Microsoft offered free upgrades to the OS.

    Could I copy Windows to a usb or am I better off trying to transfer the copy from my hard drive to the new SSD I got?

    submitted by /u/newchimp
    [link] [comments]

    What's the bottleneck percentage with ryzen 7 5800x Rtx 3080

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 02:13 AM PST

    What's the bottleneck percentage with ryzen 7 5800x Rtx 3080 my friend asked me but I'm Not sure can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/dawid1099
    [link] [comments]

    TV purchase help - Vizio M55Q8-H1 or nah?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 12:29 AM PST

    Need:

    • Airplay and Chromecast built in
    • 55-65"
    • under $600

    Nice to have:

    • Additional apps for download beyond what are built in
    • Spectrum TV app (I thiiink it's only available on newer Samsungs)
    • Not a sh!tty remote

    Context: I returned a Samsung 8000 series because it was cumbersome to navigate, especially to settings. Didn't have Chromecast either. It had the Spectrum TV app, but did not allow me to access the DVR. Spectrum devs are "working on it" for the past several months... In hindsight though, I liked it better than its replacement which is a Sony Bravia x750h. And I hate it. The Bravia's knockoff Airplay app (no Apple anything because it's an Android OS) is laggy when I'm using the TV as a second screen for work. I have to wait for my mouse pointer to catch up on the TV before I actually click something. The remote is m a s s i v e and not easy for my little hands to use. The worst part - 50% of the time I start a show on Netflix, etc, or even if I pause and then play, the screen is dark but the audio still works. It's 3 weeks old!!

    I'm mostly a movie buff, so picture is important. Viewing angle is kind of important too as my living room is wide but not very deep. Couch is centered, but the chairs on each end of the couch need to be able to watch clearly too. I also use the TV as a second monitor for work sometimes when I've had enough of my cruddy office chair (will post later for new chair recs). I don't care soooo much about sound quality since I have a okayish sound bar if the TV's sound sucks.

    If the Vizio M55Q8-H1 isn't the best fit for my need/want list, what other suggestions do you have? I know I don't want the M5578 because it has 1/3 of the local dimming zones that the M55Q8 has.

    submitted by /u/chey722
    [link] [comments]

    Remote Desktop syncing to Local Desktop

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 11:17 AM PST

    When I remote in at work, I use Remote Desktop. When I copy and paste files onto the desktop of the remote computer, it also copies it onto the desktop of my local computer. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

    submitted by /u/IfYouSeeMeSendNoodz
    [link] [comments]

    Disabling Google Drive Downloads from Admin or API for Domain or Group

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:52 PM PST

    Hello All -

    I'm looking for an API or option (or set of operations) in the Google Admin portal to be able to disable downloads for a domain or more realistically for specific groups. I want to be able to disable any type of access user (except the owner) from downloading files, even collaborative users, not just the viewers and commenters. One of our customers swears they have this implemented and we are trying to mimic this in order to test our app integration.

    I went through Google support a couple times but neither agent could point me in the correct direction or claimed wasn't an option. They also stated this wasn't a feature that could just be enabled via request or upgraded for. I'm not convinced they are 100% correct. They offered to "nominate" (oOOoohh) me to submit a feature request for this but that was the extent. I found several Google threads that have the same question (in 2020) but have been locked with no answer. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place or I am in a brain fart cloud?

    G Suite Business License FYI

    Thanks for any insight!

    submitted by /u/supple
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to use interlacing 3D tech in TV's to display 2 separate displays at once? Why isn't further research or marketing being put into this?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 09:24 AM PST

    So to begin, my terminology and tech vocabulary is not as advanced as it used to be - so I apologize if I am using the wrong terms. I will try to explain as well as I can.

    Back when my friends and I were playing a COD a few years back on split screen, I wondered if it were possible display both video feeds simultaneously - so both of us would get the full TV real estate to play on. I played with the idea for a bit and realized that the new emergence of 3D TV's was the perfect technology for this application. 2 (or possibly more) video feeds could be played simultaneously and the 3D glasses would filter out only my feed. I'd have to wear headphones, but I don't see that as a problem. With most TV standards at 4K now (and with 8K only being a few years away), dedicating 50% or even 25% of the total resolution per person is more than enough.

    I looked online to see if anyone else had a similar idea but because I didn't know the correct terminology of what I was talking about, I didn't find anything too useful. I did find a video from Linus Tech Tips on youtube from a year ago here he discussed certain things that he wanted manufactures to change in their TV's - but for the life of me, I can't find it.

    But for anyone reading this, is this a real technology that is available right now - either as a software install or an actual TV or monitor? And am I being too naïve - is this technology more difficult that I am putting it out to be? If anyone knows about this technology, can you explain where it is in its development/production?

    submitted by /u/hurshpat101673
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best webcam for MSI GE66 Raider laptop? I have the laptop and a webcam cover I found but idk if it’s good.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 04:45 PM PST

    Would an old harddisk detoriate in performance?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 10:45 AM PST

    I am getting a new build with 2TB's but I was wondering If I could use my old 1TB disk from my pc and just buy a sevondary 1TB one? would it get slower and worse?

    submitted by /u/tropivid
    [link] [comments]

    Please explain to a techie why a password manager is a good thing

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 04:26 PM PST

    I have used computers for over 30 years since age 5. I am experienced with DOS 5. My first Windows version was 3.11. I have owned every desktop version of Windows but Longhorn/Vista. I have experience with SUSE, OpenSUSE, Gentoo, Debian, and Ubuntu. I know a few programming languages. I always build computers from components.

    Okay, with that out of the way, I am unclear on what the real use is of a password manager such as KeyPass. Is this just for people who cannot remember their passwords?

    I use very secure passwords. I will give you an example of one I have now retired just to demonstrate. I use a sentence I can remember and convert it on the fly into my password.

    IeLmbtpIdrW4n!

    That was I enjoy Linux more but the programs I desire require Windows for now!

    Now, Keypass and similar programs tell me I should give them this password, and all of my other passwords, and then I guess I only need to remember the Keypass password, and I can update my other passwords without having to remember them. Is that the idea?

    I mean, it seems to me that if you use easy to hack passwords you probably want to change them often but I mean, my password up there would be ridiculously difficult to brute force. You could spend years on that without any results, the amount of fifteen character combinations must be in the trillions or higher.

    Can anyone here give me any reason at all Keypass makes my passwords more secure?

    It has always seemed to me that my method is actually more secure, but requires me to remember seven sentences, for my seven major passwords, which is not difficult.

    If someone here has insight into how Keypass helps me, with my long random seeming passwords, I would appreciate to read it.

    submitted by /u/revision0
    [link] [comments]

    Game Macro Recording

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:51 AM PST

    So I won't lie I just want a bot that will play through the first 20 min of genshin impact to get the rolls, is there a program that will record my in game camera movement and keystrokes?

    submitted by /u/riv3nx2
    [link] [comments]

    How good is Artificial Intelligence?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:43 PM PST

    Please don't hesitate to share your point of view!

    submitted by /u/techmersive
    [link] [comments]

    Internet goes out in a power outage regardless of my UPS.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 12:59 PM PST

    So a few years ago I got a UPS to avoid losing my desktops power in a power outage in case I was working on an important project. It works flawlessly for everything plugged into it except for my router. The router never flickers and stays on the whole time but I don't think I've ever kept my internet access through an outage. The router always stays on and my desktop says I'm connected to the internet via Ethernet but with no internet access. All Wi-Fi signals get dropped as well. Am I keeping the wrong thing powered on? Is there something else that has to be powered outside of my main router? Any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Arouthor
    [link] [comments]

    What do I need to buy to record DVD from AV out whilst also displaying the picture on screen?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 10:17 AM PST

    I've ordered a SKY Q mini box which has AV out, I was wondering what device I'd need to purchase to record this AV out to DVD whilst simultaneously displaying the picture on screen?

    I've never done anything like this before, so I'm a bit lost.

    note: I have a PC with a DVD drive that will be right next to it, if there's a way to record through my PC that'd be ideal.

    submitted by /u/mwhitenc
    [link] [comments]

    Question on Ryzen Zen 3 and RAM recommendations

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 09:25 AM PST

    I'm waiting to buy a 5950x, and I'm trying to research different parts for this build. For RAM, I'm finding notes that DDR4 4000mHz works best with Zen 3 in keeping to a 1:1 ratio. I'm curious as to the timings vs. channel rankings as well.

    I'm reading that you want two dual channel modules or four single ranked modules. Ideally, I would prefer four sticks of RAM vs two, if the extra GB supersedes any pairing latency (assuming the 2 vs 4 sticks issue is based on the single/dual ranks).

    There still isn't a ton of data out for Zen 3, so I wanted to see if anyone here has experience or recommendations. I'm looking to get either 32GB or 64GB. So far I'm looking at G.Skill Trident Z Royal. And this motherboard: https://www.newegg.com/asus-rog-strix-b550-e-gaming/p/N82E16813119310?item=N82E16813119310

    I'll be doing mostly video editing, Simplify3D, CAD, and gaming and want to make sure to have enough room to render multiple things at once. What RAM do you guys recommend for this setup and usage? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/mylegalusername
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a monitor that quickly and easily switches between multiple laptops

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:59 AM PST

    I'm looking for a 4K/60hz monitor — ideally around 24 or 27 inches, budget's definitely flexible but let's say max around $750 and that less is better. I'm open to 1440p options as well.

    And I'm looking for one specific feature: An easily accessible button that quickly switches between inputs.

    I'm hoping to use three MacBooks (my main personal one, my work one and another personal one) with one monitor, keyboard and mouse, and will need to switch often. The keyboard and mouse are easy enough, but I'm not finding that reviews of monitors say much about how quickly and easily you can switch between different devices that are plugged in.

    Anything you all would point me to?

    submitted by /u/e_61
    [link] [comments]

    How many CPUs would equal or outperform a single GPU?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:57 AM PST

    So I just thought, you know how CPUs can render something right, but it takes forever. I was wondering how long it would take for multiple physical CPUs to render as fast as a single GPU.

    submitted by /u/sbstndalton
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment