• Breaking News

    Friday, December 25, 2020

    Tech Support - Can I permanentpy change HTML of a website locally?

    Tech Support - Can I permanentpy change HTML of a website locally?


    Can I permanentpy change HTML of a website locally?

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 11:58 PM PST

    Hey all

    I have to work with certain government websites that are outdated to oblivion and extremely difficult to navigate. Yet I've found out if I spend the time and tinker with the HTML code in dev options, it can makes the website much better to use.

    My question is whether I can save these tweaks/themes somehow and have them applied automatically each time I visit a certain page.

    submitted by /u/mr_kr0wn
    [link] [comments]

    Desperate for Speedy Help Removing DRM Protection from .m4b Audiobook Files and/or Converting Files from .m4b to .mp3. Time Crunch—ASAP!

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 02:23 AM PST

    I need to do some very minor edits on a couple of audiobooks I own as DRM-protected .m4b files. The edits are nothing complex, merely editing out/trimming the final passage of one audiobook excerpt, then possibly compiling two such abbreviated excerpts from separate .m4b audiobook files into a single new audio file, preferrably an .mp3. I purchased these audiobooks legit, bought as digital purchases personally myself via iTunes years ago—so they belong to me legally outright and there's no bootlegging or piracy afoot. While most of my iTunes audiobooks don't have DRM protection, the ones I need to use for this project now do have DRM, much to my frustration.

    I have tried everything that Google offers up. None of the available software downloads Google suggests will work (I've lost track of how many I've gone to the trouble of downloading, installing, and trying to use at this point, but it's a lot) because they're all only available to download as trial versions with a three-minute maximum length, and audiobooks are (duh) much longer than three minutes. If this project was something I needed to do frequently or regularly, I'd consider buying the fully capable version of one of the programs, but I've never needed to make such edits to lengthy audiobooks before and can't think of any time in the future when I'd need to do so again; I can't spend money to buy an audio editing software program for a one-off use.

    I've also tried the online tools Google suggests, but they either don't work with audio files that are DRM-protected or malfunction and result in an error message for some unspecified reason when I click the 'Convert' button.

    Can anyone help? I've only got a few hours to get this done, and I'm desperate, at my wit's end!

    submitted by /u/D1g1talGh0st
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop resolution set at 1080p but when doing a resolution test, I am at 1397 x 786 pixels.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 01:59 AM PST

    The same thing is happening with my monitor, it is set to 1080p but I am at 1746 x 982 pixels. Is there a way to fix this, I tested my resolution online with many different websites.

    submitted by /u/LastDerivative
    [link] [comments]

    PC turns off immediately after power on

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 01:43 AM PST

    Hey guys,

    Well the story is the following: My friend told me to upgrade his PC. The specs are as follows : Motherboard: MSI H61M-P25(G3) LGA1155 CPU: Intel Celeron G550 RAM: Apacer 2GB 1333mhz DDR3 PSU: not popular brand 300 Watts Without any GPU

    So after I searched a lot I came to this conclusion to upgrade these: CPU: Intel Core i5 3470 RAM: Kingston Hyperfury 8GB 1600mhz DDR3 GPU: Nvidia GT1030

    So I tried to first change the CPU and see if everything works fine and then instal RAM and the GPU. When i removed the CPU it seemed that it has some bend pins in CPU socket, however, his computer worked fine. So I inserted the new CPU and install the new CPU fan that I bought and also renew the thermal silicone. I did all these steps after I unplugged the PSU completely. Finally, i turned the PC on but after it turned on for maybe 3 seconds, it turned off suddenly and again automatically turned on and this cycle happened again. So I thought maybe it's because of his BIOS version. So I inserted his old CPU to update the BIOS, however, that cycle occurred again and the PC didn't boot. I got really confused because it worked a few hours ago. I even reset CMOS, however, no changes. I reinstalled the RAM several times too but again that loop occurred.

    Now I want to know what happened? I didn't do anything wrong. I am going to think about buying a used LGA 1155 motherboard so it may work. Is there anyone who can help me in this problem? I'm so worried. I don't even know which component caused the problem. I also wanted to attached a photo of the CPU pins. But I don't know how and I don't think it's the problem cuz his computer worked fine before.

    Thank you so much guys and sorry for my bad English cuz I'm not a native English speaker.

    submitted by /u/jasonns2020
    [link] [comments]

    Does a 144hz monitor and a 60hz secondary work together

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 02:11 PM PST

    I recently got a 60hz monitor but I haven't opened it yet as some people have told me that 60hz monitors can affect my main 144hz one when I am gaming. They have said that if I have YouTube or discord open then it will lock my main 144hz at 60hz and also affects frame rates. I just need to know before I dont have the chance to return the 60hz if it isn't going to be compatible and work.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Freshworkzz
    [link] [comments]

    Has there been any reasonably convincing evidence of Huawei’s alleged wrongdoings? How much of a risk does one take by “trusting” Huawei (buying its smartphones, laptops or watches) with one’s personal and especially most sensitive data? Thanks.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 04:30 AM PST

    Music/karaoke system for home

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 09:42 PM PST

    So I want to buy a music system for my dad who loves singing. That entails a specific set of functions that the system should be able to perform, the primary one being:

    • It should be able to record the songs one sings into the mic with overlayed music.

    Can someone link a suitable one that meets this demand and/or a set of components that are needed for this type of recording?

    submitted by /u/BrownBloke16
    [link] [comments]

    Charger

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 08:45 PM PST

    I spilled some coffee on my phone charger, I went and washed the area with coffee off with tap water so the sugar and stuff doesn't damage it further. My question is, should I go out and buy another one or just let it dry out? I hear that it could fry my iPhone but it's not a big area. Idk if this is important but it's one of those really long ones.

    submitted by /u/The_cooo
    [link] [comments]

    What am I supposed to buy for wired internet?

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 04:22 PM PST

    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm a total brainlet when it comes to this kind of stuff. I want to connect my devices to ethernet but my router is too far away for cables and I want to buy something to have in my room for wired internet, but the problem is is that I don't know what to buy. Am I supposed to buy a second router, an access point or a switch to have in my room?

    submitted by /u/Ppdoop
    [link] [comments]

    How does e-mail validation work?

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 07:49 PM PST

    I am confused about email validation. I have been asked to validate my email after making accounts on a few different websites now. They ask for a "new" email address as part of the validation process. Why do they need a new one? What's wrong with the one I used to set up the account? Am I missing the point of this? So confused. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Responsible_Will_819
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any benefit to keeping a smart TV native OS vs installing a high end Roku device?

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 10:17 AM PST

    Is there any benefit to keeping a smart TV native OS vs installing a high end Roku device?

    I just got a new Smart TV and also bought a Roku. The smart TV apparently can do anything a Roku can do, HOWEVER, it is constantly playing commercials. Every menu I go to and every interface has an ad behind it. The TV is an LG UN and it uses WebOS. Does anyone else have a similar experience? Is there any reason to keep the smart TV as opposed to just putting a Roku on it?

    submitted by /u/pearlysoames
    [link] [comments]

    Best wearable tech options for someone with dementia

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 12:10 PM PST

    Hi there,

    I'm looking for some advice on what to get for my family member who was diagnosed recently.

    They don't remember to keep their phone with them at all times, so we were thinking a watch that we remember to charge every night or infrequently in the worst case scenario that would potentially survive a few days without being charged. We use a smaller cell phone carrier service that I don't believe supports apple watches so those may be off the table.

    We need to be able to track the location of the watch at any time whether that's through a phone app or a website we need to log in to to track it. Either is fine.

    I've looked into a few of these foreign unknown brand devices that are compatible with a SIM card, but I don't really trust them enough to buy one. But am willing to hear specific suggestions if anyone has them.

    I'm assuming that a SIM card compatible device is required to be able to track something, but is there another way?

    Thank you for your time and help.

    submitted by /u/4chan_c00kie
    [link] [comments]

    Blank LCD display

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 07:16 AM PST

    Hey so a few weeks ago one of my LCD screen just turn white with no reason (I have 3, all in a same PC and all are the same model), after some days it just start to work again but today It just went white again (all te connections are ok), and it seems that it's sealed BC I don't se any screws to open it, any ideas?

    submitted by /u/AxelDSA37
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Asus Strix Z270E GAMING motherboard able to handle the 16GB RAM "G.skill F4 3200C16-16GVK DDR4" and the 8 GB RAM "Oloy Cardinal C16 PC4-24000" BOTH at once?

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 10:25 AM PST

    So basically I got this in a bundle from Newegg (of course) and am wondering if I can combine this Oloy stick with my G.skill one simultaneously. I can't figure out if they can both be used with this motherboard. Tips/feedback/info would be much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/notMOIKE
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to see the number of views of a video on YouTube over time? I can think of a way using the WayBack Machine, but this isn't an elegant solution.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 04:47 AM PST

    Are there any analytics that I can tap into for a given YouTube video that would allow me to see how many people watched that certain video over time? I'm interested in predicting when a song peaks and how the interest also decays in interest over time.

    submitted by /u/oblique_strategies_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment