• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 24, 2020

    Tech Support - Fearful of losing my pictures

    Tech Support - Fearful of losing my pictures


    Fearful of losing my pictures

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 11:38 PM PST

    So I'm a huge photo hoarder if I see something cool I'll save it but I'm running out of space so here's my question:

    Right now I'm backing up all my photos and videos on the google photos app, once that's done will it be safe for me to delete all the photos off my SD card?

    My tech savvy-ness is very limited so thanks for helping me out if ya do c:

    submitted by /u/schmumphus
    [link] [comments]

    PDF file Size

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 03:15 AM PST

    Thank you in advance

    FACTS

    1. I compressed a PDF file of 40 mbs (scanned pics of my handwritten notes) to 1 mb (can upload if anyone wants me to)

    CONFUSION

    1. I saw that quality has remained same, theirs no visible differences.

    HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?

    submitted by /u/AB3456789
    [link] [comments]

    How to put games data on the sd card(android)

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 03:02 AM PST

    I play genshin impact a game that will probably bloat to game that is 80 gb and I only have 64 gb so I got 128 gb card for Christmas. The problem is even though I already manually put it to sd card in setting but still the data has not been deducted from my internal storage. Did it manually and the game needed to download the whole data pack again. So how do I move the games data from internal to sd card? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Bot_Camp
    [link] [comments]

    Can I right now, make a railgun and if so, how?

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 01:20 AM PST

    autofill suggested an email that I’ve never seen or used before

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 12:58 AM PST

    I apologize if this type of question isn't meant for this sub I'm just not sure where else I could ask

    I was just filling out my info to buy something online when I accidentally tapped the wrong letter in the email column, bringing up an email that I've never once used or sent anything to. It looked like a school email and I recognized the name as someone I went to a boarding school with years ago, but this particular email was definitely not from the school that me and this girl both went to.

    I'm very confused and can't find any info online so any insight is appreciated

    submitted by /u/luna1949
    [link] [comments]

    How do you see the Number_of_views *VS* time for a given video on YouTube?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 01:18 PM PST

    I'm familiar with YouTube Analytics, but I have no idea how to see the viewing trends over time. How do I do this?

    submitted by /u/oblique_strategies_
    [link] [comments]

    Computer chip can simulate the future "faster than the laws of physics." Is this real, or just another exaggerated headline?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 03:41 PM PST

    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/technology/world-s-biggest-computer-chip-can-simulate-the-future-faster-than-the-laws-of-physics-creators-claim/ar-BB1bhXzN?MSCC=1605773725

    It says it can predict the state of millions of fluid cells faster than real-time, and tell you what something like a power plant will turn out to be.

    How is this possible unless you literally know the position of every single atom? Even then, it doesn't seem feasible to me, with chaos theory and everything that can throw outcomes off with even slight differences.

    submitted by /u/pizzaguy889
    [link] [comments]

    How do I buy digital music in Australia?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 04:24 PM PST

    I used to buy songs from Google Play Music. Obviously, I can't do that any more.

    I checked out Amazon, which looked promising - until I realised I was on the American website (because it was rejecting my Australian credit card). The Australian Amazon website sells CDs and other physical music recordings, but it doesn't sell digital music files.

    How do I buy a song on MP3 in Australia?

    submitted by /u/Algernon_Asimov
    [link] [comments]

    suggestions

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 09:59 AM PST

    My dad is a small business owner and is trying to get a microphone, speaker, camera and headphones so he can look more professional in zoom meetings and make it easier for him to conduct zoom meetings. I will give off small descriptions of what he want and was wondering if anyone could give me any information on the type of products that would work better for what he wants.

    His budget is about 500 dollars in equipment

    Microphone- He is wanting a microphone that has good sound. He will be sharing the mic with someone as he conducts the meeting but his office has high traffic and you can hear soft background noise so I didnt know if a dynamic or condenser microphone fit better to try and get the best of both worlds.

    webcamera- this is a little less important, he wants a good quality one but doesn't have any specific instructions that wouldn't allow him to get one from the other (except pricing)

    speakers- he would like speakers that dont have to be extremely loud but he wants it to be extremely clear because he sometimes conducts the meeting with one other person in the room and he is hard of hearing. The room (office) is medium sized.

    headphones- He wants them to be bluetooth headphones that he can easily connect with the computer or his laptop because he conducts his meeting on both. The headphones are when he conducts the meeting alone without someone in the room listening because he is hard of hearing and we are hoping the headphones will help him hear better.

    If you have any more questions about what he is wanting please just ask! I'm just a little stumped on where to even begin with the list and was just hoping that someone with a little more knowledge than me could help. Thanks again!!

    submitted by /u/blastingbonker
    [link] [comments]

    Stupid Question: How do I know what bulbs are safe with what lamps?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 05:59 AM PST

    I have a 50W heat bulb, 110-120V. I bought a lamp fixture that is up to 160W. Is the lamp fixture safe to use? When I screwed it in and turned it on it heated like crazy (300 F when it should be like 100 F) so it freaked me out.

    submitted by /u/emotionallysoggycow
    [link] [comments]

    Email help at work

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 07:58 AM PST

    Basically I have the outlook app on my phone, if I connect to work WiFi what can they see? For example the emails already in my inbox can they be read? Or the emails I have sent from let's say my home and are now in sent items can they see these or is it just the emails being received and sent on their network? This is on my person phone btw.

    submitted by /u/Odd-Deer-2225
    [link] [comments]

    Touch screen on thermos??

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 03:27 PM PST

    How does a touch screen on a thermos work? any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/prettyskywow
    [link] [comments]

    Digital Frame That plays videos that are longer than 2 min

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 03:13 PM PST

    I have a Pix star FotoConnect XD 10" that I bought for my girlfriend. It was not aware that there would be a limit to how long the videos had to be. Does anyone one know of a digital frame that can play long videos?

    submitted by /u/CHOLIZIMO
    [link] [comments]

    can I fwd my phone to GV, when overseas (or the phone is shouted down)?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 02:54 PM PST

    How do I...

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 02:27 PM PST

    Maybe a bit of click bait title but it's not meant to be, I don't know how to put a shortened version of my concern in the title.

    This may not even be the place I need this question asked but here goes. I started streaming to Twitch lately and I have an Xbox Series X, I have 2.1 HDMI cables and LG CX TV so I have the display to take full advantage of the system. The issue is I don't know how to keep this level of quality for me to look at as I play because when I stream (since the XSX is fed into my Elgato HD60 Pro Capture Card's 'In' port and the 'out' port is fed into the HDMI slot on the tv) the system is saying the T.V. is not capable of any of it's...actual capabilities. It is displayed in 1080p and that's just a no go for me with this expensive tech. Is there anyway to have the display I look at when playing/streaming have it's capabilities used fully or is it the capture card itself? I'm not sure how to stream but still have top notch quality for me to enjoy as I play...or if it's even possible, I want to stream but I want my tech to be fully capitalized on.

    submitted by /u/OmenedCries
    [link] [comments]

    Having weird ping/connection issues.

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 02:09 PM PST

    So when I do a connection test I get 500 down, 30 up, and 13 ping, and when I hop in a video game I get ping anywhere between 40-80. The weird thing is when I play like Valorant I'll have a solid 40 ping but the entire game I will rubber band (lag back and forth) and have a constant connection issue notification. I've called my service provider and they said everything checks out, when the problem continued I had them send a representative out and they still said there shouldn't be any issues. Should I keep pestering them? Does anyone have any ideas?

    submitted by /u/HoontarTheGreat
    [link] [comments]

    What's the most secure way to have a regular group chat?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 12:35 PM PST

    I'm talking about something like whatsapp groups. I know apps like wickr or surespot but they are for individual chats (as far as I know).

    Heard something about leapchat but I want some second opinions. Right now we re using signal, but not sure about security

    submitted by /u/TheAbbadon
    [link] [comments]

    Motherboard socket repair?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 09:27 AM PST

    Hi, I've been trying to repair the dreaded Joycon Drift for my Switch. Basically I was following a guide and it told me to take the battery conmector out of the motherboard socket, but I've accidentally taken the whole thing. Is it worth trying to repair? I can show pictures if that would help.

    submitted by /u/Dense-Lab-6068
    [link] [comments]

    USB/KVM Switch Help

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 08:41 AM PST

    I thought these things were simple, boy was I wrong

    Basically: I have my work computer and my gaming computer. They share monitors and my keyboard. I want to buy a usb switch JUST for the keyboard (maybe mouse in the future). I do NOT need to run my monitor through the switch, I can just change their inputs easily.

    I don't think I need a KVM switch since I'm only running USB peripherals through it. My questions are:

    1. Is there such thing as JUST a USB switch?, and if so, any suggestions?
    2. Should I worry about input lag when gaming?
    3. Will my headset/microphone both function? I've seen some articles that seem to suggest otherwise.

    I promise I'm not as dumb as I sound. Thanks in advance for the help!

    submitted by /u/skante24
    [link] [comments]

    Any promising technologies that enable teachers to keep their student engaged for prolonged periods?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 08:10 AM PST

    Many products are built around trying to engage students, but is there a clear winner on any of these products?

    submitted by /u/BadJaggerco
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment