• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 24, 2020

    Tech Support - USB hub adding noise to external DAC (sound card)?

    Tech Support - USB hub adding noise to external DAC (sound card)?


    USB hub adding noise to external DAC (sound card)?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 02:23 AM PST

    I have an external sound card (DAC).

    When I plug it into my PC via USB (for power and data) it sounds good. Using the same cable, when I plug it into a USB hub that sits behind my monitor (near other cables + power cords), I get a very audible hiss sound.

    If the USB cable is just digital, where does the hiss come from? If I jiggle the USB cable while it's plugged in (to anything), I also get scratching sounds which I don't understand, since the DAC converts the audio AFTER that point right?

    I'm trying to understand how the hiss is passed through the DAC which comes AFTER the source of the noise.

    submitted by /u/MrChunkz
    [link] [comments]

    Question about starting "new" and more private browsing options

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 01:19 AM PST

    Hi! I really don't know anything about data and how my phone works but I am trying to learn, so please be nice. I have some questions about technology and privacy. For pretty much my entire life I've grown up with Apple devices and with the internet, making random email accounts, social media accounts, etc. I don't have access to a lot of that stuff anymore and would like to start "fresh." I have pretty bad anxiety about all of this and I know it's impossible to erase stuff from the internet, but I need some advice about how to go forward. When I started worrying about this stuff I deleted one of my old gmail accounts, my old Apple ID, made a new one, and did this again a year later, erasing my iPhone and creating a new Apple ID. Most recently I deleted my Gmail account and replaced it with ProtonMail. I did this for the 2 gmail accounts I use for everything, and also deleted almost all of my social media. I also have a school email that I have to use to see school portals, which I also use for stuff like Quizlet, Chegg, and random websites. I also have an iCloud email for my Apple ID. I'm planning on erasing my iPhone and using it without an Apple ID. I would delete my Apple ID, erase my phone, set it up as a new phone, make a new Apple ID to download some apps, delete the Apple ID again, and use my phone without an Apple ID. I would also erase the hardrive on my Mac. What are some other ways I can protect my privacy and my data? I'm going to start using FireFox and I'm considering using a VNP (I know we can't talk about individual ones on here, but I'm looking into it). How does what I'm planning sound to everyone on here? Any suggestions? Do you recommend any other browsers or ways of protecting my information? Is any of this worth it if I still have a school email (Outlook) that probably sells my data? Any advice and help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/No_Judgment4259
    [link] [comments]

    help please

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 01:00 AM PST

    ive hit rock bottom. but reddit is full of a bunch of smart people so please help, I was drawing on my tablet and then the touch censors stopped working so I pressed the power button and played a bit of my game, i turned it back on and kept trying to restart it by holding the power button but i just got it so I haven't changed the automatic turn off time to 10 minutes yet, its at like 10 seconds, which gives it no time to turn off, so while panicking I kept trying to turn it off then the screen started blinking and it did that for like 5 minutes then it shut off, it won't turn back on, it can't be dead, it was at around 30 percent, I don't think it drained that fast, but I'm seriously panicking im literally screwed if it doesn't work so please help me

    submitted by /u/panickingrnplshelp
    [link] [comments]

    could i create a movie from scratch, piecing together every single pixel and audio frequency one by one?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 04:33 PM PST

    this seems possible in theory but i have no idea what kind of roadblocks one would face while trying to do this

    submitted by /u/alnzdgo
    [link] [comments]

    I was wondering what happens if I install my operational system in a m.2 ssd and my games on other ssd, keep in mind I'm using a notebook.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 02:54 AM PST

    So, I wanted to expand my ssd space on my notebook ( nitro 5 ). There is no hd, only that m.2 ssd, then I thought about buying that ssd that is large, just like a hdd. But it came in my mind, what will happen if I install my operational system in my M.2 ssd, and all my games on the new ssd ( The large one )

    submitted by /u/Unimerda
    [link] [comments]

    I bought a USB-C hub with a RJ5 ethernet port since my laptop doesn't have one. My laptop has two USB-C ports, a charging one and a purely data one. When I plug my ethernet wired hub into my charging USB-C port the laptop runs very slow, but not when plugged into the data only port. Why?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 08:30 PM PST

    For reference I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo 910 laptop. The hub is a Vava 8 in 1, which is generally highly rated hub among reviewers.

    When plugged into the charging USB-C port my browser will be very choppy and other programs in general run much slower despite task manager not pointing to any extra CPU usage. When I switch the hub to my data only USB-C port though it instantly all goes back to normal.

    For the most part I can't imagine this being too big of an issue but considering the hub allows for pass-through power I'd like to be able to use the feature since that's part of the reason I wanted this hub.

    submitted by /u/TheRavenSayeth
    [link] [comments]

    I need a bot for participating in giveaways?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 12:16 AM PST

    Where can I find them?

    submitted by /u/djangowalabhaiyaa
    [link] [comments]

    Can I benefit from having 2 Wifi Gateways in my home?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 08:14 PM PST

    Hi, this is a bit of a weird situation I'm in but I want to see if there's a way I can take advantage of it and get better wifi without having to spend any money.

    A few months ago I moved into a new house that already had an internet plan (fiber optic, only super fast at 5ghz and the house is big and old, so its tough to get full reception it in my room). I was fortunate enough to be able to keep the wifi gateway from my last plan though and have it here with me. Surprisingly its the same make and model that the new house has, a

    A HITRON CGNM-2250 D3 WiFi Gateway

    So now I have two of these things. Is there anyway I can hook them up to each other to extend a stronger signal further throughout the house? Any help or pointing into the direction of help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/mindaze
    [link] [comments]

    Windows10 - Is there a way to have a "second desktop" under one user?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 05:55 PM PST

    Hey there!
    To explain this further - I understand that there's Windows+CTRL+D (And with that, Windows+CTRL+Left/Right), in which you can have different desktops running different programs.

    But I'm wondering if there's a way to have two different desktops, with different icons/shortcuts available?

    submitted by /u/OMWasap
    [link] [comments]

    Can you advise me on whether to get an Hp Envy laptop or HP Spectre?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 06:40 PM PST

    I'm trying to decide between the two laptops. I really wanted a Dell XPS but their constant issues have turned me off, and now I'm looking to HP. I'm considering the Envy 15 with core i7 or similar Spectre. Are they good laptops and if you had to choose between them which would you pick? Also, have there been frequent or significant problems reported with either model?

    I just want a machine that's high quality, fast, works well with no major problems (like bad thermals for example). What do you think?

    submitted by /u/pixie_led
    [link] [comments]

    Can a hacker use your IP to find your exact address?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 01:53 PM PST

    Maybe i am a little paranoid but one of my social network accounts got hacked and cannot regain access. Thats not my main concern. I am more concerned whether they will be able to see my exact address/location. Thanks

    submitted by /u/deliverGH
    [link] [comments]

    Self driving bike

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 08:35 PM PST

    Okay I know that a self driving bike might be a terrible idea but hear me out this can be used to commute to work in a city of just for people who cannot afford a car, the technology is there its just that nobody produced it yet here are the features and specs, any feedback is greatly appreciated.

    Features:

    Self driving

    Gps

    Cellular

    Fpv

    Weather

    Apple car play and android auto

    Headlight and backlight

    Fingerprint

    40min charge

    5 usb ports

    Turn signals

    3 outlets

    Wheel lock

    6 cameras

    Motion sensor

    Heated seat

    Fridge/storage

    Seat with backrest/ bolstering and massage

    Security camera

    Regen braking

    Lane keep assist

    Emergency braking

    Sign and stop light recognition

    Full suspension

    Calories burned

    Elevation

    Cadence

    Power

    Hands Free calls

    Anti lock brakes

    Traction control

    speakers

    mirrors

    Heated handle bars

    Thumb throttle and throttle on arm rest

    Automatic transmission

    Specs:

    8 inch display

    5g

    40min fast charge

    40lbs-

    8 cameras 21mp "for fpv and self driving"

    X2 500w speakers

    Ota updates

    Synchronous motor

    300 miles plus

    Ceramic brakes

    Abs

    Traction Control

    72v

    Oled display

    Top speed 35mph+

    20 speed transmission

    Like stated above any feedback is appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/gearhead_2
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage History to Book

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 07:53 AM PST

    Hello r/AskTechnology

    I have tried finding a solution online for a long time, but have been constantly coming up short.

    I'm trying to "export" my entire text history between my wife and I so that I can read it and then print out a book that I can gift her for Christmas. I've looked for free or even paid software that can take the data off my Mac (not off the phone) and potentially convert it to a pdf or doc, but have not found anything. I can't keep just "scrolling up" on the iMessage because we are talking about years of text history. If anyone has an idea or solution on how to go about this, I would REALLY appreciate it! Thank you!

    submitted by /u/cherrybomb869
    [link] [comments]

    How to run 32 bit programs on 64 bit windows 10?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 01:51 PM PST

    I recently wanted to play an old game from my childhood again. I have an iso file. Mounting/opening the file gives me two possible .exe files, both of which are incompatible with my windows, apparently because it's 64 bit. I tried several things but nothing seemed to let me actually run it. Is there any way to do this apart from making a Virtual Machine of Windows XP or something?

    submitted by /u/Winterboi7777777
    [link] [comments]

    Convert over 300 PNG to ICO

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 12:10 PM PST

    Hi, i have over 300 png files which i need to convert to ico, is there any program which will allow me to do this? I searched few programs it seems they only save 1 or 10 files at once. I'm looking for a time saving solution

    submitted by /u/avueex
    [link] [comments]

    Are There Any Open Internet/Communication Projects?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 12:38 PM PST

    I am very concerned that our current US political climate and government/corporate overreach could hurt connections for people. We use the internet for knowledge and to stay in touch with people we care about. People that are outsiders in their own communities rely on friends far away for support, and may be the difference between hanging on and suicide for them. Are there any projects akin to mesh networks, Tor, encrypted messengers like Signal, etc., that will hold up if things take a turn for the worst?

    submitted by /u/SmashHead256
    [link] [comments]

    What does "IMAC" refer to in this field services technician job posting?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 07:32 AM PST

    I know it's not referring to the apple computer. I've seen this acronym used in IT settings but I've been googling for like 30 minutes and can't get a clear answer on what this means. FYI I'm not applying for this job myself: I'm trying to determine someone else's compatibility.

    https://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=2fb1ad621c63dcd2&l=Hamilton%2C+ON&tk=1enqqtlqdt4di801&from=acmew&advn=1829987762090890&adid=60660074&ad=-6NYlbfkN0BreR47D9bMWJ28XlwS8rs2_GIFY3-vSdy_Xwl-swcV-nLMwXF3u7ntxl6CekgI_C9LEwehlHsydt_vbmUygh-U633Jfjw4Q3qy3tCX7AlVdIrH3o8M0cW-wS_m8bNTLuLqPb8KXpl_ALRin2tsUZfL343p-C6y9Fkawd3PA6e3qPXKt4ILSiDBsIZS6DkMYQOeGVhQtOW0gOhp0UoBEa8BkA1ugz2ilmSWK9QHivaNo4VI-9eraWb8jg0taRtt1Vtl3DIQopWsCTA6sr7lo0BCN7n1p_DEo4WDc1MfoSbbOGLlMxs-gzu5xHDYIHZBzyE%3D&sjdu=AT40pXAA0AY5deDAsXI9tmWMPZHkUTM5ZFz7H0lWCYBefFIgc-nNN79rsdOM42Uu2Fp6sjBa3cze3FK3-h8nptbR2JeaUDH2_1vo35XvRqu2TDXZ5mQYXE_A6guUWWMlOsDZzDXcYst-GckK1VxStsNskMEcyM3670qMHAGQ6c4zolcKseF22VSlJKwiObw8SRvuQ15PMtoDL2jhZf5Bv6Lg-xW6wKivpl-SNyZK4Ml4JWIU5ZPoc-yJs1nIwdhMVR7X_UZ894jtaTQA8bmdBQ&acatk=1enqquctlocq6800&pub=f3745ccc8109d6c722d9de41ee0f65f30cace3277f6b99df

    Field Services Technician Responsibilities

    Install/setup/configure new equipment and deinstall/pack removed equipment

    Break & Fix and occasional IMAC/project calls on workstations, laptops and printers

    Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.

    Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.

    Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.

    Trains employees, identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed.

    Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the customers' needs.

    submitted by /u/steamwhistler
    [link] [comments]

    Help: Need external hard drive connected to network

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 09:18 AM PST

    I want to get external storage to back up my phone and laptop (wirelessly) without me having to physically connect my devices. I would also like to store media amd also stream to watch on my tv.

    Someone told me nas is what I'm looking for, however I got lost in the weeds when google searching. I would love the most simplest solution to implement this? As well easy instructions if possible.

    submitted by /u/june_buggy
    [link] [comments]

    Would soldering a new analog stick on a controller change its properties?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 09:03 AM PST

    So I have a pair of chinese Joycons clones, but they have a pretty large central deadzone that's a bit annoying to deal with. My question is, is it something hardware related, meaning that soldering a new and better pair of analog sticks would get rid of the problem, or is it something firmware related?

    I've tried checking them out in Joycon Toolkit, and it seems like the sticks aren't outputting anything when they move in that deadzone, so I think it might be hardware related. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Bluxen
    [link] [comments]

    Connecting multiple USB devices over a long distance?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 08:18 AM PST

    Hello all. I'm trying to setup a practice plane cockpit on the other side of the room (or possibly in another room). I currently have four devices that need connecting (joystick, VR headset, rudder pedals, PCL). What would be the best way to go about this, considering that I don't want to lose data being sent back to the computer over a long distance?

    submitted by /u/papacarter
    [link] [comments]

    What is this chord

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 08:17 AM PST

    I need help. I am trying to go through and organize all my electronic cords but I have no clue what this one might go to. Any suggestions would be great.

    It does not plug into the wall instead it seems like maybe an extension piece. It has one straight prong (looks like one of the wall outlet prongs) and then next to it a prong that looks like a pen tip. The other end of the cord fits those two prongs and then has a clasp that closes down and locks it when I attach the ends together.

    The identification markings are KunShan Electrinic Co. Ltd C(UL) NISPT-1 18AWGX2C 105 degree C 300V FT2 -LF-

    submitted by /u/jessica9596
    [link] [comments]

    Have 2 HDDs in 2 enclosures across 2 different computers... same "semaphore timeout" error. Very confused

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 07:41 AM PST

    So this has been a bit of a headscratcher for me, and I could use some assistance. I had wanted to create two cold-storage drives to make backups of mine and my wife's computers, so I bought two 4TB drives and two USB enclosures to use for the purpose.

    The Hard Drive

    The Enclosure

    The two computers they are hooked to are completely different; one is an AMD Ryzen 7 2700x and the other is an i7-4770k, both running Windows 10.

    For both drives I initialized the drives as GPT with a single partition, then the first go-around I set Bitlocker to only encrypt as needed. We started trying to transfer files from our internal drives to the USB drive, but within 5 minutes we would get a "Semaphore timeout has expired" error. I thought maybe Malwarebytes was the issue so I disabled that, and still no go.

    For the next attempt, I reformatted the drive on the Ryzen a second time, and this time set bitlocker for the whole drive up front (took forever). Once that was done I once again tried to transfer files... and again within 5 minutes got the Semaphore expired error.

    I've never run into this before, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what I could try next.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Ganogati
    [link] [comments]

    Basemark Web 3.0 result iPhone 12?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 07:04 AM PST

    Can someone with a fast internet connection please do the Basemark Web 3.0 test on the iPhone 12?

    I have searched in reviews for the results of this test, but I could not find the Basemark Web 3.0 result.

    submitted by /u/merloki
    [link] [comments]

    Internet malfunction that makes 0 sense

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 06:00 AM PST

    Hello folks. For the past few months I've been having the most bizarre connection issue. My router is placed in my living room and works fine most of the time. However, there is a corridor right next to it, and whenever someone passes through it, or just stands there -POOF- Internet drops.

    At first i thought this could be Wi-Fi related, as it happens to everyone in the house using phones or in their laptops. This is not the case, as it is also happening with my PC, i which i use a TP-Link Passthrough Powerline to have access to Ethernet, it drops as well!

    I've been using this powerline for a few months without a problem before the issue appeared randomly, so I don't think this is related to it.

    I've looked online - no answers. I also asked friends who know about this stuff and everyone seems to think this is impossible. We tested it thorougly with my brother - it happens 100% of the time someone passes.

    I'm hopeless at this point, anyone got any ideas?

    submitted by /u/BaronNiklaus
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment