• Breaking News

    Monday, November 23, 2020

    Tech Support - How to change what folder programs default to when uploading files

    Tech Support - How to change what folder programs default to when uploading files


    How to change what folder programs default to when uploading files

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 10:16 PM PST

    I'm generally pretty good with computers, but I keep getting answers that are too general when I try to search up this problem. (Windows 10)

    Whenever a program has a feature to upload a file, when it opens an Explorer window so you can select the file, it usually defaults to the Documents folder. No matter what subfolder I go to, the next time I go to upload a file it should default to the Documents folder.

    However, sometimes programs seem to get "stuck" on a folder. Whenever I upload a file in Chrome, it opens my Documents>Resumes>2019 folder. Whenever I upload a file in Discord, it defaults to Documents>Mexico2017.

    I'm sure that I uploaded files from those subfolders at some point, but now every time I use those programs it defaults to those folders. Is there a way to influence what folders each program defaults to when uploading a file?

    submitted by /u/watchitfortheplot
    [link] [comments]

    Asus HDD caddy

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 10:13 PM PST

    Anyone tried hdd caddy on asus laptops.? Im planning to use an ssd as main. I heard there are hdd shutdown issues. What should i do ?

    submitted by /u/ThisIsNotMyName2924
    [link] [comments]

    SD Card Scam or Legit?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 02:07 PM PST

    I know there are lots of SD card scams, and I'd say I usually would be able to tell the difference and just wouldn't buy from a weird source, but I've been eyeing on on amazon, it's description is great, the price is really good, and it's capacity is what I'm looking for. The issue is that the particular product doesn't have any reviews and I just can't tell if what they say lines up as I really don't know much about sd cards. Could someone look at the product and tell me if it makes sense? Thank you, here's the link

    submitted by /u/HeavensSorrow
    [link] [comments]

    Speed of M2 drive

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 03:26 AM PST

    I've just ordered a new M2 drive and Im considering reinstalling windows on that drive instead of my current SSD. I'd imagine my computer would boot quicker that way.

    However what would happen to the speed of the M2 drive if I just installed it in the computer without having it as my C: drive? Would the speeds cap relative to my SSD or would it continue with its max speed?

    submitted by /u/ZaySaurus
    [link] [comments]

    RTX 30 Series Size: Will either a 3070 or 3080 be able to fit in my motherboard?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 11:29 PM PST

    Hello

    I'm not a very tech-savvy person and I am wondering if anybody could help me to understand if it is possible for me to fit a third-party RTX 3070 or RTX 3080 GPU given my motherboard size.

    My motherboard: GigaByte B450M DS3H (which I believe is a micro ATX).

    My motherboard: https://i.imgur.com/6FvNzWL.png
    My motherboard space above current GPU: https://i.imgur.com/CPTz2rU.png
    My motherboard space below current GPU: https://i.imgur.com/eFsxmBR.png

    Although I think my motherboard technically has 2 PCIe slots, I'm worried that a larger GPU may not fit because of the cables on my motherboard under the PCIe slots.

    Should I be looking for a GPU designed for "2 slots" and would it even fit?

    Any help is appreciated and many thanks :')

    submitted by /u/J-DubW
    [link] [comments]

    How to disable Facebook login without loosing access?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 03:14 AM PST

    Stupid me used Facebook to sign up for services like Imgur, Pinterest, Fiverr, etc. and now can't figure out how to disable it without loosing access. Facebook gives me a user ID for that service but no passwords. Please help.

    submitted by /u/GrimReaper_97
    [link] [comments]

    How to 100% clone mac address from old Wireless adapter to new wireless adapter. (Windows 10)

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 02:49 AM PST

    Im usually tech savvy but this one got me scratching my head. Just know before reading on im in a situation where i need my mac address exactly the same or my set-up won't work.

    basically got a new wireless adapter (one of those usb ones) because the wireless reception on the baked in one has kinda gone to shit over the years.

    didn't realize it would come with it's own mac. but the whole wireless macs HAVE to Begin with 02 if spoofed according to 3 different programs i tried to use (usually use tmac) but like because the old mac begins with a B8 it throws a fit and refuses to let me clone it. without changing the first two digits to something it aproves like starting with 02 which really screws me over.

    any suggestions? also in both my adapter properties Lacks a Network Address Field to mod it that way. just really wish ut didn't have to be this overcomplicated lol

    submitted by /u/GhostTypeMaster
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6- was filming a video using front camera when suddenly half the screen became blurry- why?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 10:20 PM PST

    Was using my iPhone 6 taking a video using the front camera. I usually put a sticker on to cover the front camera and had taken it off before taking the video. There was some residue from the sticker but I wiped it all off and camera and video were completely clear. However, about 5 mins into filming the video, suddenly the top part of the screen became foggy. I physically wiped the outside of the camera and it was clear. What could have caused the top part of the screen to become foggy while taking a video but could be wiped off the outside? There was no residue, I was inside so no condensation. Is it possible someone was hacking my camera while I was using it and caused the foggy ness until I wiped it? I realize that if that were so, it wouldn't affect the outside of the camera but I've never seen the video become foggy while taking a video and only half the screen and can't think of what else could have caused it?

    iPhone 6- was filming a video using front camera when suddenly half the screen became blurry- why?

    submitted by /u/trotrotrotrotrotrotr
    [link] [comments]

    Connecting PS5 to a set of speakers?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 02:00 AM PST

    Hi all,

    Needing some guidance! I have my PS5 set up on my 4K monitor but it doesn't have speakers. What is the easiest way (using the PS5 input ports) to connect this monitor to speakers?

    Thanks all!

    submitted by /u/theoretical_chemist
    [link] [comments]

    Okirobo - one of the fastest portable chargers in The USA. Check on Okirobo.com

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 07:59 PM PST

    Okirobo - charge your phone with 15 W wireless or up to 22.5W via cable. Check on Okirobo.com

    submitted by /u/maxsitailo
    [link] [comments]

    Help me

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 05:58 PM PST

    Suppose I use a desktop account on a laptop and then use it on a pc, will the one on a laptop be able to see the downloads I make on the pc with the account?

    submitted by /u/a-fat-nerd
    [link] [comments]

    KVM switch with 2 different types of USB inputs (A and C) - anybody aware of a manufacturer who makes one?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 05:33 PM PST

    I have a new Google Pixelbook which has a USB C port, and a 2015 MacBook Air which has USB A. I'm trying to find a KVM switch that has 1 USB C computer input and 1 USB A computer input (which will feed to 1 keyboard, 1 mouse, 1 monitor). No can find. I checked Tesmart, IOgear, and Sabrent. They may have it but if so I can't see it on their sites, and a search of Amazon and Google, no matter how I word the search, will find only KVMs that have either 2 USB As or 2 USB Cs but not one of each. Anyone know of a manufacturer who makes such a device?

    submitted by /u/rodwarren
    [link] [comments]

    Sony x900h or Samsung q80t?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 05:29 PM PST

    Hi Reddit Fam,

    I'm in the market for a new tv and can't decide if I should get a Sony x900h 65' tv for 1,100 or a q80T 55 inch for around 1,100-1,200 was hoping to get some advice. I believe an update will be needed for the Sony? For those of you that have updated was there a big difference? I checked out Rtings and it seems like the q80t is the better TV since Sony didn't have the VRR update. Not sure if I should settle with 65inch or pay a little for 55 inch. I do plan on getting a next gen console for it.

    submitted by /u/ThrowRA_buyerremorse
    [link] [comments]

    Asus X550C Upgrade

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 05:27 AM PST

    Hi, i own a Asus X550CA laptop which is 6 years old. I plan to upgrade to SSD and use an hardisk caddy in place of the optical drive. Do u guys think its worth it ? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/ThisIsNotMyName2924
    [link] [comments]

    If you have someone's IP address, can you use it to retrieve the search history of a different device in the same household as the IP address's corresponding device?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 04:01 PM PST

    If the answer to the question above is yes, would it still be true if the searches on the device were done on an incognito browser?

    submitted by /u/NarwhalNo1041
    [link] [comments]

    Xfinity Internet question

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 11:55 AM PST

    I'm trying to limit exposure to Comcast, have Xfinity Cable and Fiber internet through a different provider. Trying to use Xfinity Stream (online streaming), but some programs require you to be on home wifi, which it doesn't recognize. Does anyone know a workaround for this?

    submitted by /u/Montage
    [link] [comments]

    Externally Boot from old hard drive

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 05:27 AM PST

    Hi,

    I have an old desktop that seems to have died. It turns on but I haven no display signal. Having tried (I think) everything that I could to fix the problem, I have one question. Would it be possible to remove the HDD hard drive and externally connect it to my laptop and boot from it? What I mean by that is, keeping the same experience (OS, files etc...) just like if I was using my old desktop. Ps. The desktop was really old, it had windows xp running on it.

    submitted by /u/LORI_PS
    [link] [comments]

    Quick PC Hardware Question

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 02:31 PM PST

    Would slightly binding and/or sagging GPU while inserted into motherboards cause any damage to said GPU or motherboard?

    submitted by /u/xChasex1
    [link] [comments]

    Imported photos on Iphone

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 02:16 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I have recently imported a load of photos off a usb stick on my computer onto my iphone. However, i have found many photos which i would like to delete which i am unable to do so on my phone now that theyve been imported. There is simply no option to delete or do anything with these photos.

    Im not sure what to do as i dont want to have to factory reset my phone to get rid of them. I understand i probably should have gone through them first on my PC and deleted the ones i didnt want to import, however i just assumed id be able to do so on my phone.

    Is there any way around this?

    All advice is appreciated.

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/willhxck
    [link] [comments]

    Can you use a headset (with a mic) through a monitor?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 01:09 PM PST

    I'm currently about to get a new monitor to be connected to my laptop through HDMI. I also have a pair of wired headphones with a mic. I was just wondering if there's any way to plug the headphones into the 3.5mm audio out port on a monitor, and have the mic work. I know that I can obviously get the computer's audio to come through the headphones this way, but I'm just unsure if the mic can work too. Also I'd really prefer not to just plug the headphones directly into the laptop if possible; going through the monitor would be much more convenient for organizational reasons. I've tried looking this up and found a few unclear or conflicting answers, so any more help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

    Edit: I don't know exactly what monitor I'm getting yet. I'm more asking if this is something that can even be done at all. And if so, is there something in particular I should look for to make sure a monitor would support this?

    submitted by /u/Jashuman19
    [link] [comments]

    WAN cable and ADSL/VDSL modem router. What are my options.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 12:35 PM PST

    Hi, recently I moved to new place and here i have WAN cable, and I have a adsl/vdsl modem router (ASUS DSL-AC51 to be specific) with no WAN socket. Is there some way to use my router with this cable ? Some adapter maybe or some settings. I rly like my router it was pretty expensive back in the days (for me) and I don't want to spend more money then I need to. What are my options?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Grab90
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the difference between these two websites?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 11:00 AM PST

    https://www.myvanillaprepaid.com/cholder/ I used this a few years back for my prepaid visas to register and check balance and im just starting to question how legit it is since i started using the actual website on the back of the cards which is https://vanillaprepaid.com/

    submitted by /u/ipojlkhjhbgcvlol
    [link] [comments]

    online event

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 10:47 AM PST

    I didn't know which Reddit to ask this in so I guess ill ask here. I'm helping to organize a smallish event and we are trying to find a way to make a livestream/video pay to watch and we have no clue how to. any possible solutions?

    submitted by /u/TsubasaCatz
    [link] [comments]

    Which version of the Lenovo Ideapad Slim 7 is best for school and some gaming?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 09:21 AM PST

    Hello,

    I could use some help with deciding between these two versions of the Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 7.

    • The 14" version with CPU AMD Ryzen 7 4800U and GPU AMD Radeon Vega 8.
    • The 15" version with CPU Intel Core i7 10750H and GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650.

    I want to go for the AMD version for the high score of the CPU (17,234) but the GPU scores very low (1575). Since I would use the laptop for studying and some gaming, would it be better for me to get the Intel version since it has a higher GPU score?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/leviida
    [link] [comments]

    Wav/Flac Speaker/Media player with shuffle?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 08:57 AM PST

    I like to put wav and flac lossless music files on my usb or sd card for the car and shuffle them. I recently started a small workout space in my house and want to find a cheap way to play these files on shuffle with cheap but decent speaker, and I don't want to have to keep charging anything like a laptop, phone, mp3 device, bluetooth speaker. I like to plug and play.

    submitted by /u/Shaun-Skywalker
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment