• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 10, 2020

    Tech Support - Are Microsoft/Oracle/Reddit the good guys/grown ups of big tech?

    Tech Support - Are Microsoft/Oracle/Reddit the good guys/grown ups of big tech?


    Are Microsoft/Oracle/Reddit the good guys/grown ups of big tech?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 12:00 AM PST

    I know Reddit isn't as big(financially) as those two, but as a social media it's huge, the reason I'm asking is that almost every other big company faces scrutiny for their censorship and anti competitive behavior, I hated Microsoft when I was a die hard linux fanboy but they've done so much to open source, but I just feel like these companies are the grown-ups or adults when it comes to big tech, maybe Microsoft and Oracle aren't social media companies but it seems like they just avoid politics all together, same as Reddit, why is that?

    submitted by /u/wet_beach_sand
    [link] [comments]

    Port Forwarding on Minecraft Stopped Working

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 03:41 AM PST

    Hey Guys, I need some good guides on Port Forwarding for Minecraft. I came across this guide, can anyone verify it?

    https://www.portforwardinghub.com/games/minecraft-port-forwarding/

    submitted by /u/rickmartingt
    [link] [comments]

    What Is the best portable pc (Apple or Microsoft) for start to work with Photoshop and Premiere in a range of 500€? (new or used)

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 03:31 AM PST

    Is something akin to a human bubble with minimal footprint feasible with today's technology (space suit on earth)

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 12:40 AM PST

    I mean like a suit that we (and especially old people) can wear to protect ourselves from elements, feed ourselves, take out our excrements with minimal discomfort.

    If it is not possible today with a reliable cost how much more difficult it is or what kind of breakthroughs are needed ? Is any company working on something like this ?

    submitted by /u/throwaway_ind_div
    [link] [comments]

    Is it safe to use the SmartGaga emulator?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 12:38 AM PST

    Hi lads, as the title suggests, may I ask if you know about it?
    I mean antivirus doesn't really warn you about keylogging or any other type of malware, but even so, it's kinda weird that though it's a very light emulator, it's not popular?
    could something be wrong with it?
    btw, thanks a lot in advance for taking the time to reply,
    wish you all a good day, Reza.

    submitted by /u/MudLightseeker
    [link] [comments]

    Internet is weird.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 06:02 PM PST

    So it says my devices are connected but they aren't loading anything like youtube, google, steam, or anything that would require wifi to work. But other devices in the home seem to work just fine. Its only a number of things that won't work. I have disconnected the router and reconnected it but that didn't do much. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/shotgungrenade
    [link] [comments]

    Replacing a DC Power Adapter

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 11:09 PM PST

    Could someone point me in the direction of an adapter that fits these requirements?

    Input: 11V DC, 1. 1 A Output: 7-11V, Max. 1 A

    Not sure if that is all the necessary info but I appreciate any help!

    submitted by /u/JDubYo611
    [link] [comments]

    android how to enable hdr

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 09:56 PM PST

    have moto g power, got app to check and it says screen supports hdr 10 and hdr hlg

    how can i disable hlg and enable hdr, heard hlg doesn't have as good of quality

    cant find anything in settings, in photos i turned hdr on but i assume that's just to take photos

    the only option i color settings is "natural", "boosted", and "saturated"

    submitted by /u/xTynini
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung T7 vs Sandusk Extreme Portable

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 09:50 PM PST

    Hey guys, new to Reddit/

    looking for any advice on finding top performing with top speeds external drive SSD.

    Any inputs would be appreciated,

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/molamanomama
    [link] [comments]

    Are these parts compatible? please answer

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 08:59 PM PST

    Hello I wanted to upgrade my computer for a long time but was never able to clear all my doubts below are some major ones please see if you can answer:-
    1)Is my Mother Board(H81M-V3) compatible with GTX 1650 super or GTX 1650
    2)Is my Mother Board(which is Micro ATX and has a 24 pin ATX connector) compatible with Corsair CV450 450 watt power supply
    If you are not sure about the mother board here is a manual in pdf format:- http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/H81M-V3/e8800_h81m-v3_ug_print_vendor_only.pdf

    submitted by /u/External_Winter9027
    [link] [comments]

    Why can’t I see archived/cached versions of Reddit?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 08:37 PM PST

    I'm trying to see a post by a deleted user on Reddit. If I type out the username on google some of their posts appear, but of course, when I click on the link it says deleted user. I've tried using removeddit, ceddit, archive.org, bing cache and nothing works! Is there a way to see that post somehow? Thanks in advance:)

    submitted by /u/chemicalmagenta
    [link] [comments]

    What can function as a laptop I play steam games and tablet to use iOS store at once?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 08:13 PM PST

    I have iPad but it cant play steam games. I would like a laptop but can't play iStore games. What can have both if possible?

    thanks :)

    submitted by /u/Wanttoescape92
    [link] [comments]

    Android color natural vs boosted vs saturated

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 06:50 PM PST

    Not sure what these are... just got moto g power phone, it was default on vivid. i changed to natural bc it says natural

    i want the most color accurate with widest color gamut, which one should I use? does boosted have more color combinations? confused

    submitted by /u/xTynini
    [link] [comments]

    Alrighty, here’s a dumb one for you. I used to have a handful of OS systems installed on my desktop, it’s been years since I played on it last and for some reason I must have disabled the option to start up to them in the bootloader.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 07:10 AM PST

    How do I find the OSes again?

    submitted by /u/pretty_honest_guy
    [link] [comments]

    WHAT TV SHOULD I GET FOR THE PS5?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 05:22 PM PST

    I'm trying to buy a ps5 and i'm looking into buying a new tv. I have a budget pf approximately 500$. The only good one i've looked into at that prize is the Vizio M7 series 55" quantum. It supports everything the ps5 has to offee except 4k@120fps. Is this a worth it buy? What tv will you be getting? Lmk.

    submitted by /u/andrefebry111
    [link] [comments]

    Best program to annotate PDFs on Mac?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 04:29 PM PST

    Hi,

    I've been using preview on Mac to annotate pdfs for one of my classes, but starting mid-last week on one of my files I can no longer save my annotations to it. It just has some random annotations form early on that saved, but no newer annotations after those are saved when I hit save, and when I go to Revert, all the versions that show on revert only have those early annotations. What would be the best, hopefully free, program to use on Mac instead of preview for annotating pdfs?

    Mac OSX 10.15.7 15-inch Late 2016 Touch bar

    submitted by /u/knoblauchwurst
    [link] [comments]

    How to automate checking websites for basic info

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 12:04 PM PST

    I'm hoping for some help on automating some tasks I do, whether it's via my computer, setting up a simple website/server, or through a Raspberry Pi-type project.

    Basically, I want to check my work's website daily (a few different pages on the site) and have it pull numbers that are always listed in the same predictable place. For example, it might say "100 positions available" today, and tomorrow read "107 positions available," so I would want it to log the number before the word "positions" on a specific URL. Repeat this same idea but with a few different sections on a couple of different pages.

    The next thing I want to do is log the social media followers of all our channels and our partners' channels. While googling around gets lots of tools where you authorize a third-party web app to track this, I'd rather not do that and rather give the social media profile URLs and have the data scraped. At any given moment I can manually grab this info but by automating it at the same time each week or month it makes comparisons across the same amount of time more consistent.

    If it could log this info to a Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, that would be great.

    I'm on a Mac running macOS 10.15 Catalina if that makes a difference. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/pinkgreenblue
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone knows a pogramm that controlls all your task ? I mean lets say u opened up the same game 5 times and if you run forwards all of your games walk forward? Sorry for poor explanation its my first post & im bad at english

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 11:56 AM PST

    buying an external hard drive

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 11:06 AM PST

    Need to replace an old hard drive and I want enough storage for it to be worth the buy considering fast-paced developments in the technology. Recommendations? I was thinking something like 10tb.

    submitted by /u/funky_fish__
    [link] [comments]

    Philips tv suddenly goes black

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 10:59 AM PST

    I have an philips 70PUS6504, and the screen suddenly flickers, before the tv turns off, with a loud sound. I have to unplug the power, and plug it in again for the tv to work. Sometimes it works for about two minutes, and sometimes for a couple of hours. Does anybody know what the problem might be?

    submitted by /u/Magnusoren98
    [link] [comments]

    Every time I print it says "paper has run out" and I have to realign the paper/give it a push in

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 05:36 AM PST

    I'm using a canon pixma, any fix for this?

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    Can I connect my old lap to the monitor

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 04:43 AM PST

    Hi I have an old laptop which is pretty slow I wanted to ask if connecting it to a extra monitor increase its speed and performance

    submitted by /u/jtbpl
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment