• Breaking News

    Monday, November 9, 2020

    Tech Support - Dangers of WiFi connected devices, keyless entry, and server connected devices and software in the future, how do you think this can be bypassed?

    Tech Support - Dangers of WiFi connected devices, keyless entry, and server connected devices and software in the future, how do you think this can be bypassed?


    Dangers of WiFi connected devices, keyless entry, and server connected devices and software in the future, how do you think this can be bypassed?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 07:22 PM PST

    Over the years I've seen many home appliances start getting WiFi connectivity, keyless doors and cars, and DRM software. WiFi connected devices can be hacked and in the far future if they need WiFi to function then they are useless without it.

    Keyless doors and cars can be opened using relay theft, you may only see it with cars now but when we connect everything and use keyless entry such as fob keys we may start using security gates and doors being opened.

    Digital rights management is also a danger in the future, what happens if an emp goes off or a solar flare hits, well then you hope the company that hosts the content/ software on their servers has them hardened, if not, then you won't be able to access your banking information, movies, games, digital books ,etc. Let's also not forget that cars will be connected to servers to function. Tesla was able to disable a cars features after the owner didn't pay for them. The only measure I can think of is hosting your own servers and cracking your vehicles software. My question, how can this be bypassed, I can only think of downloading or printing content, having physical locks, and disabling WiFi and buying non connected devices.

    submitted by /u/ParkingEar2522
    [link] [comments]

    Mouse recommendations

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 12:30 AM PST

    Hi, I am looking for a good office mouse, that can be used for gaming from time to time.

    Is the Logitech MX Master 2s or 3 a good choice?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/dent_arthur
    [link] [comments]

    Can I unroot my phone after flashing a custom ROM?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 04:09 AM PST

    Will deleted files from /system partition return if I unroot my phone?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 04:09 AM PST

    I'm trying to root my phone to delete a virus that I'm pretty sure is in the system partition since factory resets won't kill it. So if I unroot once I've managed to delete the virus files, will they stay deleted?

    submitted by /u/dirtinmylungs
    [link] [comments]

    HELP NEEDED! Need to bypass mail.com sign up services.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 03:16 AM PST

    Okay don't get me wrong but i need a way to somehow bypass the sign up service for mail.com. I recently came across their service and since I'm not a US citizen they refused to let me sign up... so I did what a techie would do. I turned on my VPN and then I was able to sign up. But as soon as I was done with the process they blocked my account, I tried approaching them through e-mail but they said their security department's decision is final and that my account shall stay blocked...

    I fancy their custom domain feature... Any help? Or could you recommend another service that allows me to choose a custom domain email like mail.com?

    submitted by /u/gagnag
    [link] [comments]

    Making calls with a SIM Router?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 02:57 AM PST

    In Thailand we have cheap 1 to 3 day mobile high speed plans which are perfect when the hard line connection goes down. I want to use such plans with a SIM router (aka LTE router) because my use case benefits from a hard line connection to my device.

    The problem is, to buy those plans I need to dial a special number. Which I'm not sure is possible when the sim card is in the router, without having to swap it back into the phone.

    Is the phone swap the best option? Or do SIM routers have a way to do calls? I don't actually need to talk, just dial a special number from a device containing my account's registered SIM card.

    submitted by /u/fpuen
    [link] [comments]

    IRL Livestream with Phone and Android

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 05:43 PM PST

    I will use my Android Phone with OTG Cable to connect to a Video Card to connect to a Action Camera. I will be using 'CameraFi Live' app or other alternative.

    Information

    I want to charge my Android while using OTG at the same time. My android, Samsung A7 2018,have a Micro USB port. I researched there is no way for it to use OTG and Charge at the same time. However I researched and have seen many markets for Type C OTG Hub and heard that it is able to use OTG and Charge at the same time.

    Question

    1. Can i convert my Micro USB to a Type C to be able to use OTG and Charge for livestream?
    2. Is there any dangers around it?
    3. If I am unable to use my Micro USB Samsung phone, what is an alternative to livestream for an Iphone 7 to Action Cam instead?
    submitted by /u/Winter-Midnights
    [link] [comments]

    Will a 4k 30hz KVM switch work for a FHD (1080P) 60hz monitor?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 10:37 PM PST

    Hey so I've got a dual monitor set up, both monitors are 1080P @ 60hz, but doing a quick search on google yields mostly dual 4k 30hz KVM switches. One of them mentions that it WOULD support 1080P 60hz monitors, but is that the case for all of them? I don't want to fork out an extra $300-$400 that I don't need to.

    submitted by /u/Blah12312
    [link] [comments]

    Cell internet speed vs coverage

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 04:32 PM PST

    Why are cell phone companies more concerned with faster internet instead of wider coverage? If internet get any faster I'll have search results 2 weeks before I think about a question but as soon as I leave city limits my phone is basically a paper weight and I have to wait weeks for an image to load.

    submitted by /u/GI_Bro300
    [link] [comments]

    Ways your mobile phone spies on you and tracks you

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 01:21 AM PST

    Apart from the points specified in this article. What are the other ways smartphones and smart devices spy on us and track our behaviour etc.

    https://buzzmag.live/8-clever-ways-how-your-mobile-phone-spies-on-you-and-tracks-you/

    submitted by /u/pissukanna
    [link] [comments]

    Can I flip the connection of my Samsung Gear VR?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 10:56 AM PST

    So I have a Note 9 which only fast charges one direction of the cable, the other direction is very-very slow charging.( Not cable issue, not usb port issue 100%). And I am so lucky that my Gear VR is connecting to my phone exactly in the direction where slow charging occurs so it is not working. If I use an extender and connect the VR and my phone then it works but again only one direction. The problem is probably in the motherboard of the phone, but that would be too expensive to replace for using the VR.

    So, I was wondering, can I flip the connection pins on the VR.( dont ask me how, I just want to know the theory) So basically there are 8 pins. We have: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 and if I flip the connections with an adapter or something to 8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1, would this work? Since the usb type c is reversible I had this idea come up but I am not sure if those connections are reversible too. Can someone make me clear about this? :)

    submitted by /u/Atix3
    [link] [comments]

    I wanted to look up “i!” on DuckDuckGo, but it lead me to the DuckDuckGo homepage. Why is this?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 05:01 PM PST

    Is it possible to stop my Galaxy phone from listening to me?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 04:05 PM PST

    I've always heard that phones listen to everything you say, and I've often joked with my SO every time something we talked about became an advertisement on my phone through social media a few hours later.

    But in the previous few days, there have been multiple occasions where I have spoken about a brand specifically and within two hours ive received ads for that company on Twitter. I am now completely sure it is listening and I do not want that to happen. How do i stop it, if I can?

    I do not have Bixby (whatever that is) or Google Assistant enabled.

    submitted by /u/that_guy_you_kno
    [link] [comments]

    Is buying a MacBook Air 2020 or 2019 a good deal for a student?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 04:36 PM PST

    I've been looking up laptops to buy and I finally decided on the MacBook Air 2020 or 2019 but the question is will it perform well for daily student tasks, and how many years will it last before it starts having problems? Knowing that I also want to use it to edit pictures using Adobe Photoshop from time to time.

    submitted by /u/Num_3400
    [link] [comments]

    Do y'all know of any software like TrinusPSVR, Tridef3D, etc. that converts a game into stereoscopic 3D (or split-screen, if you will) that runs on Mac? Every program I can find does not work on Mac.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 04:11 PM PST

    Can I see where my powerbeats3 were last connected or where, if I have the serial number

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 01:32 PM PST

    Windows 10 takes 2 hours to load and apps don't work

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 12:05 PM PST

    I have an 1 core Intel celeron d 336 (2.8ghz) with 2gb of Ddr2 ram and I'm trying to run Windows 10. I have tried and it worked after 8 hours of installing and loading screens. But no apps appear and on the task bar and no setup option to set a password or account appears. The task bar takes ages to load and I have reset the pc, reinstalled windows lots of times and looked everywhere for answers. Intel celeron d 336 is normally slow on pcs however this is unusable. Help please!!! 🙏🏻

    submitted by /u/AxeTech21
    [link] [comments]

    Looking out for best and cheapest iPad option currently out there

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 07:30 AM PST

    Hi everyone, my mum is currently using an iPad mini 1 that is on life support, and I wanted to buy her another one but I can't afford buying her a new model so I was looking for a reconditioned one. I have a budget of 300€, what are the best options I can get out there at the moment?

    Thanks in advance to whoever will give me some tips!

    submitted by /u/primavariante
    [link] [comments]

    Network issues when gaming

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 09:29 AM PST

    I'm having a problem with my internet when I play any games and I can't figure it out. When I play a game like Destiny 2 the game it self runs smooth and no problems but if I Alt Tab and try to use chrome or firefox the internet speed is so low that it's non existed. When I don't have any games open I have about 900 Mbps and when I game only 0,4 Mbps if I'm lucky, the game still runs smooth and everything is up to date and newest update, nothing is downloading in the background, I have Ethernet cable straight to my router, Internet speed goes straight back to 900 Mbps when I quit the game. It's like something is caping my internet speed when I game and I have disabled all limitations that I can find and the PC is in High-Performance mode. If I to a Network Reset in the settings I can game and have chrome on 900 Mbps but after a while or if I quit the game and launch again it goes back to 0,4 Mbps, I'm pretty sure my firewall is not doing this. Please help if you have any idea what this is.

    submitted by /u/megnus15
    [link] [comments]

    question about next gen consoles

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 08:37 AM PST

    Tbh Im not sure if I should get a console or what one to get.

    Heres my situation

    I like both single player and multiplayer games and it really just depends on the game.

    I currently have an XBOX One but the only exclusives I really care about are Forza Motorsport and Horizon and Microsoft Flight Simulator. I would still be able to play the next Motorsport Game when it launches as it will be on XBOX One but I wont be able to play the next Horizon game as it wont be on XBOX One. Flight Simulator would be on worse Graphics and Settings on an XBOX One if it does launch on Xbox One (Which I am beginning to doubt more and more).

    I don't have a good PC but I don't have any intention to upgrade as I got a new laptop last year so I wouldn't be able to play these games on PC.

    I have really really slow internet as i live in the countryside which is about 3mbps. I do have an unlimited data package where my area needs to get checked out as there are errors with it (speeds vary from 1/2mbps to 30+mbps.

    I only have a 1080p TV right now but would be looking to upgrade in the near future.

    On The PS4/PS5 Exclusive Front I would be interested in playing

    • The Last of Us Remastered
    • The Last of Us 2
    • Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
    • Uncharted 4
    • Detroit Become Human
    • The Spiderman Game (Remastered?)
    • Horizon Zero Dawn
    • God Of War
    • Horizon Forbidden West
    • Spiderman Miles Morales

    I don't know if my friends are going to be getting consoles because our exams start next year but if they are they definitely would be getting Xbox's as they aren't interested in switching.

    Should I Maybe wait and extra year and get something like a new TV or Phone because Im not entirely sure which one.

    Also please leave some game recommendations if you have any that I may have left out.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/BadUsername123987
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment