• Breaking News

    Monday, October 12, 2020

    Tech Support - How/where do servers run?

    Tech Support - How/where do servers run?


    How/where do servers run?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 10:09 PM PDT

    I'm thinking about making an app with a server, and I'm wondering how a server works. So I code the backend of the app, then I upload it to the server machine, but where does the code actually run? Does it run in the terminal? Does it run. In a separate app? Does it run in a separate .bat script? What if I wanna use a different programming language than the shell? And also, how do I program a remote server? (E.g. microsoft azure)

    submitted by /u/HenriHawk_
    [link] [comments]

    What are some good alternatives to StackOverflow?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 12:49 AM PDT

    Without getting into discussion about their toxic community, what are some other websites where we can have a genuine discussion about programming and related stuff without the mods acting like dictators?

    submitted by /u/t_a_a_1
    [link] [comments]

    Strange Amazon Suggestions. Is someone listening?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 09:53 PM PDT

    Lately I have noticed that I will get suggestions in either Amazon or just the general internet to purchase things my husband and I have only talked about. I have never searched or attempted to purchase any of the suggestions online before.

    My husband and I will be talking and then within 24 hours I get suggestions for the things we were just talking about. We don't use ANY devices that pick up speech either from Amazon or Google. We never even set up the speech recognition on our Android phones

    This has been going on for months. The strangest one just happened. We were talking about picking up some Lotramin at the store tomorrow and when I opened Amazon a few hours later I was inundated with Lotramin adds and suggestions to buy Lotramin. I read they also suggest things based on your interests but how can you determine I need to treat ringworm.

    Do devices listen to you or am I just being paranoid?

    submitted by /u/WeeklyVisual8
    [link] [comments]

    Factory Reset Thru Gmail, So i signed in on my gmail acc earlier, and i saw few phone im unfamiliar with and so i cleared all data within it, not knowing that i shouldnt have done that, my father came furious knowing his phone was reset, may i know some way on how to recover all the files he had?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 03:14 AM PDT

    Should I get the sony wf-1000xm3 or wait for the potential wf-1000xm4?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 12:32 PM PDT

    Planning to connect BOYA BY-M1 -laverier mic to Camlink CL-AC11 -action camera. What kind of adapter system works?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 03:41 PM PDT

    What happens when I move an email to another email's folder in Mail?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 05:14 PM PDT

    In Mail on my mac, I have several email accounts synced along with their folders. If I receive an email to 1@email.com, and drag it to a folder associated with 2@email.com, what happens? Is that email actually now stored in the 2nd email account? Am I screwing things up majorly by doing this? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/shmehnafleh
    [link] [comments]

    What printer should I get? A college student needing to print, scan, and fax medical records and essays.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 02:55 PM PDT

    I won't be doing hundreds of pages per week, but I want something reliable and long term. I'm strongly against ink printers as I think the ink industry is a scam.

    It doesn't need to be new, it can be refurbished! I'm happy to own second hand appliances, in fact I prefer them and frequent thrift stores weekly for goodies.

    Major features are:

    Budget: $150 on the high end, preferably $120 or less.

    Color or Black and White: B&W

    Laser or Ink: Laser

    Multifunction (Scan, copy fax) or not: Yes (all)

    Duplex printing or scanning: If this means double sided printing and scanning, not necessary but a nice plus.

    For Home or Business use: Home (scanning, faxing, and printing medical records, printing occasional papers for college)

    Minor features would be:

    How fast in Page Per Minute: N/A

    How often in pages per week/month/year: less than 5 pages per week

    Document feeder or not: A nice plus

    Network or USB connected: Network

    Wireless or not: Yes

    What OS will the printer be installed on?: Windows

    Thank you for any suggestions!!

    submitted by /u/Julius_Ceaser_629
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a charge cradle for a GMR3040-3CK Uniden

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 12:19 PM PDT

    I've been shearching for it but there is nothing on Amazon and even the Uniden' store has nothing. Could you guys help me, please? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/RakkonRak
    [link] [comments]

    Hi y’all I’m working on a project to help improve service here’s a survey down below to help us make the best project

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    Laptops keyboard ribbon to usb

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 09:48 AM PDT

    Is it possible to get a adaptor or cable that will let me use my old laptop keyboard through a usb ?

    submitted by /u/SDOGfoxx
    [link] [comments]

    How do i create a medical consultation website using a CMS ?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    Me and a bunch of my friends who are doctors want to start this idea of making an online medical consultation platform for the poor people in my country. I am the only techie in the group with some wordpress and joomla experience . We basically want to have a simple portal where people can raise a consultation request , the request follows a workflow and the case record of patients can be maintained . We don't have a lot of funds so i thought of doing the development. anyone knows of an easy to use platform that can serve the purpose ?

    submitted by /u/darelphilip
    [link] [comments]

    Would either of these Car Power Inverters be able to safely charge a laptop or boil a kettle?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 08:59 AM PDT

    I know nothing about car power inverters as I have never had one before. Would either of these:

    1 - https://www.halfords.ie/tools/garage-workshop/inverters/ring-mp120-compact-inverter-243548.html

    2 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072V5LKWM/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

    be able to safely charge a laptop and boil a kettle without damaging anything?

    Thanks in advance! 😊

    submitted by /u/Missartey
    [link] [comments]

    Cheap cloud storage for recreational photographer that works with Mac and iPhone

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    I need cloud storage to back up my iPhone and Mac, and I am looking for the cheapest option that works well with these devices. I am a recreational photographer, so I need several TB of space. I tried IDrive based on their reviews, but after I backed up all of my photos, I learned that there is apparently no way to organize them into folders in IDrive.* I have found that I can get 6TB from Onedrive for $9.99, but I am hoping for something cheaper (3TB would be enough space for now).

    *Here's my problem with iDrive, if anyone has any insight: Because the iPhone and Mac both assign filenames to photos that consist of random strings of letters/number, they then get backed up to iDrive in a random order. The iPhone photos are in one massive folder. The Mac photos are worse - they get put into folders based on the first letter of the filename, so they are randomly ordered into 36 random folders. There is apparently no way to reorganize them (apparently you can add a folder, but there is no way to move files to it). I contacted support, and they told me you cannot organize files once they are backed up - they have not responded to my request for an explanation of why there is an Add Folder option if you can't move files to it.

    submitted by /u/MellyLelly
    [link] [comments]

    Keeping old external hard drives

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 07:26 AM PDT

    Hello, I have two questions about external hard drives.

    I have a few Western Digital My Passport USB 2.0 external hard drives that I am slowly replacing because of size, speed, and reliability issues and I have two questions:

    1. Is there any reason to keep those drives if they are too small, slow, and not always reliable? My guess is no, but I feel silly throwing them out.
    2. 2. Is there anything I should be looking for when buying an external drive for Plex? Or will any reliable drive do?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/teevee25
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a smart doorbell.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 06:21 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a doorbell system with the a few requirements.

    Must-haves:

    I'd like it to be battery-powered as I don't have a wired doorbell system. I'd also like it to have a chime and for it to also give me notifications on my phone. I often have headphones on for work so may not always hear a traditional chime, so the phone notifications would be very helpful.

    If it has a physical chime that I can plug in, and an app for my phone then that would be great. But if can connect to Google Assistant and use my Google Home devices as a 'chime', then that would be even better.

    I'll be in a 1st floor flat, so the connection needs to be able to handle the distance between the ground floor & 1st floor.

    It also has to be available in the UK. I thought I'd found the perfect doorbell with Arlo's new non-wired system, but that's not available in the UK :(

    Nice extras:

    If it had a 2-way audio feed, or a 1-way feed so I could send quick replies (e.g. 'I'll be down in a sec', or 'Leave the package at the door'), then that would be a great bonus.

    I'm not bothered about having a video feed. If it has this feature, cool, but I'm not specifically looking for this feature, particularly if it makes the doorbell more expensive and/or larger.

    I hope that all makes sense. Any recommendations you could give would be amazing.

    submitted by /u/PeepAndCreep
    [link] [comments]

    Temperature

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 05:52 AM PDT

    My PC sometimes turns off. I check my CPU and GPU temperature in Open Hardware Monitor and they are safe.But under motherboard i have temperature #1 and #3. I don't know what they mean but #3 is very high.I don't know much about PC's.

    https://imgur.com/a/v7Dal7h this is screenshot from open hardware monitor.

    PS.Sorry for my English.

    submitted by /u/That_Structure8646
    [link] [comments]

    When considering a self build PC what is the motherboard that will allow me to upgrade to what will come soon, and allow me to use meagre parts in the meantime?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 05:30 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment