• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 13, 2020

    Tech Support - Shortkey "open search result in new tab"

    Tech Support - Shortkey "open search result in new tab"


    Shortkey "open search result in new tab"

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 02:32 AM PDT

    So I'll give a quick description of the problem first: You're watching a video on YouTube, but in the mean time, you think of something else you want to watch and type it into the search bar. When you press "enter", the video you're watching disappears, so you need to wait until the video is over.

    What I'm looking for: A shortkey to open a search result in a new tab. There is a function to open a link in a new tab, a picture in a new tab, etc. But is there a shortkey to have a search result pop up in a new tab/window?

    submitted by /u/Gangsterfield
    [link] [comments]

    Question about 10 Gigabit NIC

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 08:26 PM PDT

    This is a stupid question, but I just wanted some clarification. When a network card says it's 10 gigabit or 1 gigabit, does that mean that's the maximum amount of bandwidth it can support? So if I had 10 gigabit internet but only used a 1 gigabit network card, it would only allow transfer speeds of 1 gigabit?

    submitted by /u/super_saiyan1500
    [link] [comments]

    Does Google allow its accounts to be accessed simultaneously from 2 different locations?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 02:10 AM PDT

    Normally I avoid wasting people's valuable time. Only when no other solution. Really I've tried Google support. Emails left unanswered. Like the problem is simple. Absolutely nothing illegal. The thing is my long distance relationship girlfriend wants my Google password.

    If a Google account is accessed simultaneously from 2 different locations, can it warrant a sanction from Google such as the account being closed? Or not at all?

    Not used to LDRs or jealous girlfriends lol. She would like to have plain access to it and be reassured somehow, it's been horrible for her apparently. Horrible maybe not but hard at least.

    I'd appreciate if anyone knew. Perhaps even a Google employee lol. Apparently they lurk around sometimes. Does anyone happen to know?

    Very sorry for any mistake, not my native language. If anyone knows, I'd be so grateful if you let me know! Completely open to alternative technical solutions.

    Ezekiel

    submitted by /u/Ezzekkiell
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best program for editing voices?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 11:55 PM PDT

    Originally I wanted a type of deep fake program that would allow me to have characters from a movie say certain things, but I couldn't find anything like that. So now I'm looking for a program that will do text to speech and allow me to adjust pitch and speed so I can try to match the voice. I only need it for a word or two at a time so it doesn't have to match very close. Its for a pretty dumb video anyway.

    submitted by /u/BadAssOrangeJuice
    [link] [comments]

    Which cable should I use?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 01:28 AM PDT

    I have an Acer aspire with VGA and HDMI ports and I wanted to buy a new screen with 144hz and FHD, that has HDMI and a display port. The problem is that I don't know how I should connect the two.

    At first I wanted to use an HDMI 2.0 cable but it doesn't support 144hz apparently. My other option would be an adapter but I'm not sure if it will work since I'm not an expert.

    Is there a stable way to connect the pc and the screen or I should buy a completely different screen?

    submitted by /u/__zam
    [link] [comments]

    A question in regards to earphone and audio

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 07:54 PM PDT

    Hey, first time posting.

    So, I'm going to be on a video call with someone using Discord, I'll be using earphones of course that are connected to my pc. Now, while on the call with someone, I also want to listen to some music through YouTube or Spotify.

    Can the person I'm having a call with also hear the music from those other programs? If so, how do I make it so that they only hear my voice and not the audio coming from Spotify or YouTube?

    Thank you guys so much.

    submitted by /u/thisGuy_Clark
    [link] [comments]

    Can my Lenovo X1 Carbon support a 4K, 27" monitor? (Monitor-PC setup)

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    PC specs: (core i7-10610) 16gb RAM.

    Deciding between QHD and 4k monitor. 4k has better deal, but I'm worried it may sacrifice overall performance. My work load mainly consists of surfing the web and school work, coding. Usually have multiple windows/desktops open, might have one playing media while other handles work. No gaming, no editing.

    submitted by /u/thatslife4669
    [link] [comments]

    Figure Out Shared-Key for VPN

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    I have been given the responsibility of taking over the network where I work recently. I love this kind of thing but I am not a network engineer and I have run into an issue. I have a central location that has a CheckPoint Firewall and then 3 outside locations that have UniFi UDM Pros. I need to connect the outside locations to the central one with a VPN like it was before the outside stations changed to UniFi. The issue is that I'm locked out of the central location for now and so I need to figure out what the CheckPoint VPN was to begin with. Is there a way to access this info via ssh or some such way? Does anyone have any ideas?

    submitted by /u/JT_Features
    [link] [comments]

    Dell laptop beeping loudly (possible water damage)

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 08:19 PM PDT

    Basically I guess a water bottle on my desk spilled and went under my laptop so I didn't SEE the water, when I tried turning it on, the screen stayed black then a loud beeping noise started playing and it's been like that. I can see where water possibly entered under the computer. Is there a way to fix it? Had the laptop since 2016 so hopefully it isn't permanently broken!

    submitted by /u/ThrowAwayAccount807
    [link] [comments]

    Potential Security Issue?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    I am an iPhone user and I was recently on the app Pixel Art. The app is a coloring game that allows you to numerically color pixelated images. As I was coloring, I heard a faint static noise emanate from my phone and from time to time, a clicking noise occurred. It was almost as if I was listening to a live stream of someone setting a cup down on a desk fairly hard. I was puzzled as to what the noise was, so I closed the application entirely, and the noise stopped. I went back into the app and the noise has yet to return. What was this? Was it a glitch with an ad or something? (the app is littered with them)

    submitted by /u/GSank58
    [link] [comments]

    Installing old software in older technology

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 05:10 PM PDT

    I recently came across my old Sony Personal Entertainment Organizer (PEG-S300) from around the year 2000. I still have all the software and other cd downloads and I was wondering if there is a way to install some of the programs onto the Sony. The software is windows 98 compatible. Do I need some sort of emulator? Obviously, when I plug the Sony into my computer it doesn't even register. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/red_moles
    [link] [comments]

    Windows Media Player in Win7 doesn't seem to recognize the songs on any legally obtained CD I have. how do I fix this?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    Adding a SSD to old PC?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 10:33 AM PDT

    Problem with my laptop

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    Hey all, if you can read you obviously that I have a problem with my laptop. Basically, I wanted to turn it on, and when it showed the logo it froze. Obviously I held the power button because that's what everyone has been telling me to do all these years. But here I am, making a reddit post so obviously that didn't work well. It actually didn't work at all. It is still frozen although I've pressed the power button REPEATEDLY. I even removed the charger and it still says it's charging, that's how stuck it is. I asked a few friends but they all told me to HoLd ThE pOwEr BuTtOn so I came here in hopes of finding a solution to my problem.

    submitted by /u/Killerinthe_mirror
    [link] [comments]

    Question on Potential Virtual Mapping of Warehouse

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    Thanks for your time in reading this post.

    I have an excel sheet with let's say 2 columns : SKU and Location.

    Our unique locations are written as A2D ( Row A, Rack 2, Level D).

    What's the best way for me to use this data to create a visual map of my warehouse if I can pre-assign these set locations on some sort of grid?

    For example I determine pre-assigned locations to be the layout of Rows A-H, 8 racks, and 4 levels each which creates 256 unique locations. How can I have it so when I want to know the location of SKU "14783-L" it highlights it on a SUPER basic grid like map?

    submitted by /u/MaintenanceMental351
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment