• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 11, 2020

    Tech Support - YouTube video compression

    Tech Support - YouTube video compression


    YouTube video compression

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 01:59 AM PDT

    Apparently, 720p is supposed to be around ~1,3 GB for one hour, according to some internet sources.

    I've been watching a YouTube-live video that uses approximately 270-380mb of data for 1 hour 10 minutes.

    The bitrate shows around 600kb.

    Is this normal? Is YouTube exceptionally good at compressing files, or could they have used a sub-par camera?

    I find it weird that the size of the video is about 1/4 of what's supposed to be normal.

    Looking forward to learn something! Thank you! :)

    submitted by /u/Becerillo
    [link] [comments]

    When logging in websites, why some of them present you a screen to enter your username, and ask you for your password on the next screen?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 09:30 PM PDT

    I just did a quick fix on a PC for my friend, and as it was old, it had the individual front panel connectors that you have to plug in one by one, now I've heard that it's irritating, but wow... Is this completely obsolete in current PC cases or is this something I'll have to conscientiously avoid?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 08:27 PM PDT

    Why are CPUs on a 1 year cycle whereas GPUs are on a 2 year release cycle?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 03:45 AM PDT

    Is it because GPUs are less popular than CPUs? And anyways in the 2 year GPU release cycle we see them have much higher gains than CPUs until recently(with AMD), so can anyone please explain? Thanks

    submitted by /u/MRDUMBOFATTO
    [link] [comments]

    [Android] Is it safe to use third-party camera/video apps from Google Play Store? Will the developers be able to see what taking pictures/videos of?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 11:57 AM PDT

    I'm looking to repurpose my old phone as a motion recorder. I found a few motion recorder apps on Google play store that look like good candidates to use but I'm not sure if the developers will have access to what I'm taking pictures of or recording.

    I'm thinking if I just use the ones that save to the phone local storage and NOT Cloud, I should be fine? Should I turn on airplane mode to be safe?

    Background: I'm suspecting a neighbor is throwing trash into my backyard but I want to capture it in the act. Not too comfortable with sharing everything it records though because it is a private area on my residence.

    submitted by /u/adumbquestion123
    [link] [comments]

    How do I backup / restore a computer without a System Image?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    I need a way.

    I use to back up only with a system image, yet when I tried restoring a laptop using a system image it would fail everytime.

    Windows 10

    submitted by /u/TheFluffiestFur
    [link] [comments]

    Need wireless security camera

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    Hello, I need a security camera that is:

    -wireless

    -has nightvision

    -can record the whole night (or can detect motion and then record)

    -with sd card or something

    So little backstory. Near my place there happened little incident today. About 10 drunk men were bothering a couple (by bothering I mean punching as well) that was just walking by. There is a nice place that people tend to drink at during the weekends and accidents like this happens often. We would like to place there some camera for security.

    Thanks for help.

    submitted by /u/PRZMKER
    [link] [comments]

    Why aren’t there any wrist wearables designed to be worn with the sensor on the pulse veins? Shouldn’t this lead to more accurate readings even if it sacrifices slightly fashion and branding

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    Wifi cameras: The streaming provider I bought the cameras from went out of business. I want to bypass the DVR and stream directly to my PC. However, I cannot find the cameras. Don't know the IPs or passwords. Help, please.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 10:55 AM PDT

    Outdoor security cameras

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 10:26 AM PDT

    Looking to get some outdoor security cameras for my new house i want something that will record when movement /person walks into frame and save to either a drive or straight to my computer for review wireless and battery powered phone app to review footage would be nice but not necessary as long as it goes to my computer cloud storage not needed.

    All the lists seem to recommend the Arlo's but the reviews from users don't seem great and would like to get some input from the real world.

    submitted by /u/talmadge7
    [link] [comments]

    Why is speed fluctuating?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    Earlier this month, I upgraded my Internet from 4 mbps to 10 mbps.

    However, even though there is increase in speed, the network seems a lot more fluctuating than before. If I am the only one using the internet, there is no lag. But when I have multiple devices connected, I see more fluctuation. It is not just about speed. It feels like when another device is using the internet (watching youtube/downloading something), the router gives all the internet to one device and starves the rest.

    Is there a way I can verify and fix all this?

    submitted by /u/no_need_form
    [link] [comments]

    Why do GPUs/CPUs etc. get warmer under load?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 08:37 AM PDT

    I know frequency and voltage play a role.
    Let's say we have a GPU at fixed frequency of 1000Mhz and a fixed voltage of 1000mV;
    there is still a significant temperature difference between idle at ~1% and 100% load.
    Is the reason solely clock gating?
    So even tho in this scenario the GPU runs at same frequency & voltage in idle only a few CUs are used and during load all CUs are activated?
    Or is there other factors that addiotionally come into play?

    submitted by /u/Magicool_
    [link] [comments]

    What is the transfer rate to and from a floppy disk?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    I am embarking upon a new course in Teaching English As a Foreign Language. My notes are lacking the capability to capture audioclips and place them inline with my text, but I know evernote will give me this capability. On to the question:

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 06:55 AM PDT

    Is there a smooth method of capturing and saving using the aforementioned (or any free) tools?

    Win laptop, ipad (old) and android all usable.

    submitted by /u/throwizzleawizzle0
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth headphones don't work on PC, please read description.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 05:33 AM PDT

    Got some new Bluetooth headphones, in ear Phillips ones. They work fine for music but when switching to a call on pc all the input goes crazy and crackling. Like robotic sounds. When switching to a call mode it changes the driver mode from headphones to headset, if on headphones the call won't work at all. I've looked and I don't think it's possible to update firmware of the headphones so that's out of the question.

    submitted by /u/WolfBlut
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a knob controller.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 04:45 AM PDT

    Hello r/AskTechnology,

    I'm looking for a specific controller, and I'm not sure what it could be called, if such a device exists. Basically a volume knob (like this), in steps instead of smooth 360° rotation, that can be pressed in and the knob itself acts as a 4way D-pad. Can be pushed in either direction for extra functions.

    The controller can either be plugged in through USB or use a bus protocol like CAN. I plan to install it into my car for head unit controls.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Monskiller
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment