• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 15, 2020

    Tech Support - Android Battery usage question

    Tech Support - Android Battery usage question


    Android Battery usage question

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 02:25 AM PDT

    I'm thinking of upgrading my Android phone, would apps that I can currently run on it use less battery on the newer phone as the phone doesn't have to work anywhere near 100% to run it?

    My current phone is a LeEco Le S3 (x522 model) and I'm thinking of upgrading to a Pixel 4a.

    submitted by /u/Azuretare
    [link] [comments]

    Will unused rechargeable batteries suffer degradation over time?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 04:28 AM PDT

    I just bought a used 3DS XL and wanted to switch out the battery. Since the 3ds is now a discontinued product I was wondering if it would be okay to buy multiple batteries and let them sit around until I needed them.

    I know the juice in the batteries will eventually die out when they're left around but what about the long-term health of the batteries? Say once one of my batteries finally can't hold charge, will the replacements that have been sitting around still retain some of its newness?

    submitted by /u/jaykaysian
    [link] [comments]

    Does USB-C Power Delivery (100w) have a 3.0 speed standard?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 02:07 PM PDT

    I bought a USB-C hub off Amazon which has a USB-C PD port. Unfortunately the seller doesn't mention which standard it is -- other than it just being a USB PD at 100w.

    submitted by /u/AmsterdamSlugg3r
    [link] [comments]

    Can an HDMI switch/splitter let use two monitors with either my laptop or PC without loss of function or quality?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 01:52 AM PDT

    I have two monitors which I use with my PC and work is sending me a laptop. Is it possible to use an HDMI switch so I can easily either use my PC with both monitors OR my laptop with both? I've never used a switch or splitter and I'm not even sure which one I would need..

    submitted by /u/slvc
    [link] [comments]

    I need some help getting headphones

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 05:11 PM PDT

    Hey, so I've wanted to get some good over ear headphones mainly for music and other stuff (so I don't need a full gaming set with all that) but I don't really know what to look for..so if anyone has some recommendations that be amazing! I looked at some by JBL already cause I already have the in ears from them. Price range is like up to 90-120 € max. I Mostly need bluetooth maybe sound cancellation and for them to sound and look good tbh

    Again every help is greatly appreciated :D

    submitted by /u/MmeKeiserschmarn
    [link] [comments]

    I want to buy my boyfriend a laptop but don't know what I should get?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 06:51 AM PDT

    My boyfriend is really into photography and I want to buy him a laptop for Christmas. What would be the best (more affordable) laptop to get for Photoshop and photography? Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/ItsGrapeJuicy
    [link] [comments]

    Is it bad for a battery to be plugged in at 100%?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 12:02 PM PDT

    I've heard in the past that leaving something like a laptop or phone plugged in after it's been fully charged can damage the battery. Is this true? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/concerned_disaster
    [link] [comments]

    How to use a laptop without battery?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 02:02 PM PDT

    (HP laptop, Win 10) The battery has some problems, so im thinking to try and use the laptop without it, is there something at the level of software I have to do before? Like configure/desinstal something in somewhere? And if not/anyway, then to hardware, do I turn off > unplug charger > unplug batterry > plug charger > Ready?

    (Learning the safety way)

    submitted by /u/Gmega360
    [link] [comments]

    Best smartwatch with Good sleep tracking and Lasts a long time

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    Looking for a smartwatch that is good at tracking sleep as well as lasts a long time (product life) (hopefully at least 3+ years).

    Budget is $175-200

    Thanks for any suggestions

    submitted by /u/oofaloofa1
    [link] [comments]

    Can your ISP see your browsing data with a VPN?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    I've heard both yes because you're still going through their network and no on this one. Can anyone clarify?

    submitted by /u/Frankplane
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any completely free vpn’s out there, I’ve heard not to use free ones but I’m wondering if there are completely free good ones?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 03:53 PM PDT

    Is there an app/ website that allows?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 02:50 PM PDT

    Is there an app or website that allows you to type in a company or product and it will tell you what types of things that company lobbys for or supports? Like it will tell you fair trade or not or if they have ethical issues like nestle? Does that exist or should I Patton the idea?

    submitted by /u/dogpriest
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to see what Fixed Wireless Provider towers are available around your area?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 02:44 PM PDT

    I am maybe looking for a map that plots out the towers in my area with Fixed Wireless ISP so I can figure out my Line Of Sight issues at my home. I use to work for Internet America before it became Rise and we had an Internal way to find these towers, but I am wondering if there is public information. Would make things a heck of a lot easier if there were.

    submitted by /u/beanzamillion21
    [link] [comments]

    AI proctor exam plss help!!

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 11:26 AM PDT

    I have exam in mercer mettl software. Does anyone know any loopholes this platform have?

    i have thought of 2 loopholes (can this work?):

    1. create two desktop, from 1st desktop share your screen to friends using zoom or google meet. and from 2nd desktop give exam in fullscreen mode. this way i guess they wont know im sharing my screen.
    2. use virtual machine, here software can only see my virtual machine screen and I can google my answers from the main host.

    Guys pls reply fast I have exam in few days.

    submitted by /u/jackpop693
    [link] [comments]

    How to edit text to be all the same font, size etc.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 07:17 AM PDT

    Firstly, I hope I'm in the right place, and also I hope this isn't a stupid question, but I have done this before, and can't remember how to do it.

    Let's say I am writing an email in outlook, and then I copy various other texts from other sources, and paste them into my email, how do I quickly make everything the same font, and the same size etc?

    I think it had something to do with highlighting the text, and using a shortcut on my keyboard, but I cannot remember.

    So for example.

    "How do I get this?" to look like "This", but quickly.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/NoodleSSM
    [link] [comments]

    Powerbank to charge DSLR batteries

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 04:58 AM PDT

    Hi reddit, hope I'm posting to the right subreddit. Also posting late at night, so apologies in advance for sloppy grammar and cohesion.

    I'm going on a two week car trip (Australia) where I will have limited access to mains power to charge my camera batteries (Pentax K-50 & Panasonic FZ300) using the usual wall chargers. Two solutions I can come up with are 1: use a power bank or 2: use a direct car charge adapter for the batteries.

    I'm not very good with voltages and that sort of stuff so I just want to check if option 1 will even work before deciding/spending $$$.

    Solution 1: I'm not sure if the output on the power bank is enough to charge the batteries for the DSLRs (FZ300 isn't technically DSLR but has a similar battery). I'm more concerned about the FZ300 batteries as I have a AA adapter for the K-50 that I can just put rechargeable batteries into if this option fails and charge those using the power bank.

    Pentax battery
    https://pentax.com.au/products/39067/pentax-d-li109-lithium-ion-battery-for-k-r---k-70---kp

    FZ300 battery
    https://www.teds.com.au/panasonic-dmw-blc12-battery

    Ravpower PD Pioneer 26800mAH portable charger
    https://www.ravpower.com/products/rp-pb058-usb-c-power-bank

    Pentax K-50 - USB charger

    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wasabi-Power-Battery-x-2-Dual-USB-Charger-for-Pentax-D-LI109-Pentax-K-50-K-70/113695220412?hash=item1a78c362bc:g:E78AAOSwiahclMo7&frcectupt=true

    FZ300 - USB charger

    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wasabi-Power-Battery-For-Panasonic-DMW-BLC12e-Lumix-DMC-FZ200-DMC-FZ300-DMC-G7/273258576665?epid=12024264460&hash=item3f9f7afb19:g:Vs4AAOSwHf5bFNF1

    Solution 2:

    Car charger. Available for both the k-50 and fz300. Concern is will these actually work/how fast will they charge because I'll need to swap them out quickly.

    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2pcs-D-LI109-D-LI109-BATTERY-Car-Charger-For-Pentax-K-30-K-50-K-500-K-S1-K-S2/143415818017?hash=item21643fb721:g:VH0AAOSwm69eW9eD

    My current plan is to buy that power bank (I also own another 10,000mah power bank), top them up while driving and then use them to recharge all the things I need to charge. I would prefer this method to the car chargers as it means I can charge everything while stopped. I'll only be driving a few hours a day so won't really have time to swap them all out individually.

    Things that will need charging on a near daily basis: Pentax batteries, FZ300 batteries, Iphone SE, Sony Xperia A1, GoPro Hero 4 and Hero 9, Lezyne Lite drive 1000xl. I know the 10,000 works with the gopros and phones already so that should help spread the load.

    Any tips, advice or other methods that are better are greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/AJeff37
    [link] [comments]

    USB C 4+ wall charger

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 07:28 AM PDT

    Is there any USB c wall chargers that support 4+ USB c cords at once? Im looking for something to charge multiple Macs and iPhones on a single block and I haven't found and good high quality ones on the market. i saw a few with 2 usb-c but i was hoping there were some with more capability.

    submitted by /u/Spencerry
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment