• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 22, 2020

    Tech Support - why do laptop chargers have a round plug with a single pin in the center, & why create a whole new proprietary plug shape when you could just use a standard plug shape & add an extra port ?

    Tech Support - why do laptop chargers have a round plug with a single pin in the center, & why create a whole new proprietary plug shape when you could just use a standard plug shape & add an extra port ?


    why do laptop chargers have a round plug with a single pin in the center, & why create a whole new proprietary plug shape when you could just use a standard plug shape & add an extra port ?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    For Gaming and school work

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 10:29 PM PDT

    Is AMD Radeon Vega 8 Good For Gaming And School Work?

    submitted by /u/TechnologyQuestions
    [link] [comments]

    Help me out please!!!

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 04:15 AM PDT

    Hi guys so idk if this is the correct reddit for this question but it's to do with technology so i feel like this is the best place.

    Basically i need some help from you coz i looked all over the internet and can't find an answer.

    In simple terms i'm trying to create accounts for a certain platform but it requires phone verification (where u get a text with a code) and I only have 2 phone numbers but literally need like 100s, is there any way of getting more numbers that can receive the code? I know there's websites but i read that they don't work because you need non VoiP or something like that? Please help!!!!

    submitted by /u/freckllegg
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use a 250w type c laptop charger into my Lenevo e590 (60w battery) ?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 02:15 AM PDT

    Question about cloning HDD to SSD

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 10:44 PM PDT

    So I'm cloning it right now, or I'm about to, however my ssd doesn't have enough space for everything, now the things in my HDD are called "NTFS Primary", "FAT32 (LBA) Primary", unformatted primary and the actual shard drive, "NFTS Primary" now can I get away with only cloning the NFTS Primary over? Mind you I'm still gonna be using the HDD

    submitted by /u/Suspicious_Milk53
    [link] [comments]

    Internet extremely slow — but possibly only on MacBook Air?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 09:55 PM PDT

    Bit of an odd issue. The browsers on my laptop have decided to run so slowly they take ages to load, if at all. I noticed Spotify was running slowly and refusing to play music. GIFs don't seem to want to load in Messages.

    Wi-Fi was also being super laggy on iPhone, but it's since sorta stopped. I have also been playing my MMO on my PS4 with only a few cutouts. Streaming via Blu-ray player buffers occasionally, but otherwise fine.

    Confirmed with internet provider the router was super outdated and they're sending a new one, but I'm still struck by how drastic my laptop's internet issues are compared to all the other devices when it's usually just fine.

    I've tried using different browsers. Chrome, Safari and Firefox all do this, as do other programs which use Wi-Fi (like Messages snd Spotify). I've emptied caches. restarted the computer, turned Wi-Fi on and off, unplugged the router and plugged it back in, run CleanMyMac...

    Any idea what would cause this? Is it possible the outdated router is affecting my laptop disproportionately compared to other devices? Or do you think there might be a specific issue with the laptop itself?

    Laptop is circa 2014. Not sure if it's on its last legs and this is a warning sign or what.

    submitted by /u/trustygarbagebag
    [link] [comments]

    What is µT in my smartphone's compass app?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 05:58 PM PDT

    trying to calibrate my Samsung's compass and it's giving me a red ~68µT reading. Is it supposed to be lower than that? I assume so because earlier it was at around 40 and was only yellow. If so, how do I fix it? Calibrating seemed to make it go up

    submitted by /u/jameye11
    [link] [comments]

    [Computer Graphics] AI texture upscaling at hardware level.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 09:18 PM PDT

    I had an idea while playing some old video games. The textures in old games tend to be very low Rez compared to modern standards. In order to make them look nicer you either have to find a high resolution texture pack. But if nobody made one or if the game does not allow modifications easily one might not exist.

    I was also thinking about how those AI image upscalers/enhancers can take in essentially any image and enhance it. I've even seen people making high res texture packs by using the upscalers to do the work for them. I'm wondering if it's feasible to program in this type of algorithms in a GPU as a shader or something. Image data that is sent to the GPU gets upscaled by the AI algorithm and then used later.

    It's not limited to just upscaling low res texture packs. It could be used to enhance existing textures in a convincing way. Would this idea be feasible or even possible? Am I describing something that already exists?

    submitted by /u/CleverNameTheSecond
    [link] [comments]

    Can the g suite admin know if you are using other tabs or not?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 07:20 AM PDT

    So, recently my school decided on distance learning and gave all of us a new "school email" with school initials as domain name. But, one of our teacher claims that the admins can track what tabs we are using and if we are active on the current google meet tab or not. Is it really true or is it just a way to say us to be both mentally and physically present on the lecture? And if they can track it, isn't it a direct violation of privacy?

    submitted by /u/TransportationNarrow
    [link] [comments]

    Pc build (psu capacity?)

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 09:11 PM PDT

    I'm currently building a gaming rig with a cpu-i7 10th gen(not the "k" version) , phantom atx motherboard, 16 gb ddr4 ram, gtx 1660 6gb , 120gb m.2 , 1tb hd ...is my 500 watt power supply enough to use In this rig or should I buy something larger?

    submitted by /u/TR2flip
    [link] [comments]

    Cure for a slow choppy video?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 08:19 PM PDT

    My sister took a video of me drugged up before brain surgery and between her sending it and now, it's like a really bad Skype call. Any solution?

    submitted by /u/anaIbumcover
    [link] [comments]

    I've just got a new laptop, I don't want to break it.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    Is there anything I can do to increase chances it lasts a long time?

    submitted by /u/david_davidson_david
    [link] [comments]

    Windows and linux tablets

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 12:03 PM PDT

    Can you give me advice which tablets allow to install any os alongside (win/linux)? Or maybe only 2-1 transformer laptops can do it? Are they all allow to plug any device without keyboard in such case?

    submitted by /u/jeszki84
    [link] [comments]

    Chromecast speakers

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    Looking for something that's not crazy expensive and can be casted to by Google. I've seen options about the Google home thing but thought I'd get some of y'all's opinions

    submitted by /u/Blowsjollyman
    [link] [comments]

    Searching for Customizable Voice Recorder Remote with Multiple Buttons

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    Hello Reddit, I have been searching for a certain type of product but can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

    I am looking for a remote of some sort with multiple buttons where you can push a button and it will play a customizable voice recording.

    I have seen single buttons (like the Staples Easy button) where you can record voice messages, but have not been able to find a remote of some sort with multiple physical (not touch screen) buttons that can be programmed.

    If anyone knows of a remote (preferably with multiple large, easily-pressable buttons) like this, please let me know!

    This would really help my family at this time! Thank you!

    submitted by /u/WhyLime314
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best option to improve my 15" Macbook pro from 2015 graphic performance?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 01:17 PM PDT

    Hi guys, I am a 3D artists and I've been working with my Macbook pro for the last 5 years, recently, I read about eGPUs and I it seems very interesting. Now, I know that it doesn't support Thunderbolt 2 ports (that is what my MBP has) without some workarounds, so I wanted to ask if some of you have experienced this technology?, is it worth it? if so, what should I buy, hoping nothing very expensive, my budget is less than $1000 USD. Thanks

    submitted by /u/earth3DDesigner
    [link] [comments]

    Docking Station + KVM Switch - Possible? New Grad Seeking Assistance!

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 07:22 AM PDT

    I'll be WFH with a Lenovo T490s and a Thinkpad Ultra Docking Station.

    Setup in mind:

    I'd like my laptop off to the side and closed on the docking station to charge.

    I'm using the same desk for my laptop and desktop - I'd like to switch between easily.

    Equipment:

    • Headphones - USB
    • Webcam - USB
    • Mouse - USB
    • Keyboard - USB
    • Monitor 1 - DVI
    • Monitor 2 - DVI

    Reddit fam, can you help me make my WFH setup a reality? I'd love to display my laptop to my dual-monitors during work and use the peripherals (keyboard, mouse, headphones, and webcam) - then switch everything to the desktop PC when I'm done.

    Is this possible? If so, how do I choose the right KVM switch?

    submitted by /u/anonymouspsy
    [link] [comments]

    Reduced services

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 11:08 AM PDT

    If the police contacted a phone carrier for subscriber details, after providing the police with them, would they restrict the subscribers services as a result?

    submitted by /u/UpperStory2628
    [link] [comments]

    help, i want to know if i can wire a headphone jack cable directly into the IR sensors on this old philips shc2000, i do not have the IR transmitter, so im trying to make it into a wired headphone

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    What do you think of gofile.io

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 09:05 AM PDT

    What do you think guys of gofile.io, is it safe to use? Is it fast? I would like to hear some opinions if you please.

    submitted by /u/Alex-02-
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft Authenticator Eli5

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 08:46 AM PDT

    Any simple user tutorials out there? I've gone over a few but still unclear how, when, etc to use this app. I think maybe I'm technotistic, and not in a good way. Thanks for any/all help getting over the hump on this app.

    submitted by /u/a-a-a-Imright
    [link] [comments]

    Getting a new Tp-Link powerline adapter, question on same brand unit compatibility

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 07:22 AM PDT

    I've bought a Tp-Link powerline set for a more stable internet connection, and I'm getting another one to add another computer. However, it seems that my local electronics store might not have the same ones we're using, though they have a similar unit available. We got Tp-Link TL-PA7010/AV1000 powerline adapters, would they be compatible with other Tp-Link units also listed as AV1000?

    submitted by /u/Mr_Engino
    [link] [comments]

    What is your review of Mi 4c router

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    Hey I'm searching for good high speed and bandwidth router for my work for home purpose

    submitted by /u/ComprehensiveNorth1
    [link] [comments]

    Some glitch on Windows Keyboard Symbol

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    So i was doing my task, but i noticed there's a glitch up in my keyboard whenever i click Home button dot (.). i usually could see there's a matemathic symbol, instead it showed square-y symbol.

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JwhHj3bSQaJuU7Bidv9LmXyiE2sA3osw/view?usp=sharing

    I also noticed some symbol also disappearing, could anyone help me?

    submitted by /u/franklynical
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment