• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 20, 2020

    Tech Support - Poor data speeds.

    Tech Support - Poor data speeds.


    Poor data speeds.

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 04:39 AM PDT

    What does it mean when I get poor data speeds (between 8am-midnight) every day without fail. (1/2mbps download)

    But when I'm close to an antenna, I get 15+mbps? (download)

    The second I move away from the antenna, it goes back to being shit. (UK)

    submitted by /u/Spirited_Resident349
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use the iphone SE sim free only through home wifi without paying monthly?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 01:46 PM PDT

    Forgive me if this a dumb question, but I'm not very trech savvy. I was wondering if I buy the iphone SE sim free, will I be able to use it like I would an Ipod Touch, with home WIFI only and not paying for any carrier plan or monthly costs?

    submitted by /u/ianz9923
    [link] [comments]

    PK-910H Webcam

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 02:49 AM PDT

    My webcam shows video on apps like IM Magician and AMCap also works on Microsoft Teams. But doesn't work in discord.

    submitted by /u/darkHolee
    [link] [comments]

    How to play downloaded Netflix on a non smart TV?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 07:59 PM PDT

    So my family has a cabin in Northern Michigan and we have a tv but it's not smart and we have no wifi up there. I want to download some Netflix content for offline viewing on my phone then somehow play it on the TV. I have a Moto G7 but they do not allow HDMI out.

    What options do I have to play offline content at a cabin with no wifi and a regular TV (it has USB and HDMI connects though)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/theinfamous99
    [link] [comments]

    Phone Hotspot for Computer

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    I am living in a place without wifi and I want to use my phone as a hotspot for my computer. I have an iphone 5s and mac pro. Should this work well? Are there any limits on hotspot usage or connection issues with an older phone?

    submitted by /u/BirdoMajor
    [link] [comments]

    Connecting HDMI to tv

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 06:28 PM PDT

    Hi! I'm visiting my parents and they live in the middle of nowhere with limited WiFi capability. I downloaded a tv show on our iPad and bought a lighting to hdmi cord and hdmi cord to cast my downloaded Netflix show to the tv, which you're supposed to be able to use without WiFi. I can watch the show on my iPad when it's on airplane mode but when I plug it in, it doesn't cast it just seems to be buffering. Is this a licensing issue or a problem with the tv? When I'm on the home screen of the iPad I see it on the TV. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/pimpinshrimp610
    [link] [comments]

    Virtual 7.1 gaming headset without dedicated software?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    I have been researching for a while because I wanted to buy a gaming headset. As far as I understood, virtual 7.1 headset is just a normal stereo headset with a dedicated software to mimic the effect of 7.1. I was surprised to find that some headsets are labeled 'virtual 7.1' but do not have any dedicated software. The vendor claims that there is an internal driver or sound card or something that does the work instead of a dedicated software (I have no way of accessing any options regarding that). Is that possible or is it a scam?

    submitted by /u/SilverPetez
    [link] [comments]

    Tell me, is it safe to keep my own password manager onto on a txt file, instead of using an App ??

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 06:06 PM PDT

    Created a Text file (or .DOC) to help keep organised of all sites subscribed to/became a member of ?

    Examples:
    Soundcloud, Craiglist, Kijiji, Reddit, DeviantArt, HondaForums, bluelight ect. ect. . .

    Having a list of my own Username/Password i used to Login for each separate site (over 10 years). onto one Text file (that i update somewhat frequently) so when i forget the password i used for that account, i can quickly refer to it)

    Tell me why, or how this isn't safe/secure. Or is it ?

    what am i doing wrong in this day & age ? Because i'm not too tech savvy ;)

    although i still believe this is the most secure and best way for my personal files & such.

    How do you do it ?

    Any helpful tips and/or suggestions & recomendations are welcome <<

    submitted by /u/too-far-gone--too
    [link] [comments]

    What is considered as accessing the deep web, just using tor or going on onion sites?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    I learned about many incidents of people getting hacked after going on deep web (not sure if they are true or not), so I was wondering if I only use tor network for accessing the sites I use on a normal browser (for anonymity) and not the onion sites, does this leave me open for those potential hacks.

    submitted by /u/Midori1984
    [link] [comments]

    Will 5G improve video calls?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 12:24 PM PDT

    Sometimes video calls (and even VOIP calls) can jitter a bit. I think latency is a factor but am not sure.

    That is a strong area of 5G, right? Will 5G be likely to give us rock solid video calls?

    submitted by /u/fpuen
    [link] [comments]

    Where can i order smartphones other than amazon or ebay that is trustworthy and wont cost me an arm or a leg in price ?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 07:17 AM PDT

    Looking to get a new laptop. Looking for recommendations.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 11:53 AM PDT

    • it needs to support the use of a stylus for drawing
    • it needs to have dedicated graphics card preferably at least 4GB
    • at Least 16 GB of ram -ssd of at least 256GB
    • I would prefer if it used type c PD charging.
    • needs to be under $2500 usd

    What are laptops that fit this?

    Edit: by support stylus I mean that you can draw directly on the screen.

    submitted by /u/lorenso005
    [link] [comments]

    I think i made a mistake..

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 03:07 PM PDT

    I just bought a ring with an nfc chip and i think i made a mistake an block an tag ... any way to unblock , it says is in reading only . Please help

    submitted by /u/MiynevoWiB
    [link] [comments]

    Facebook through cell phone

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 12:37 PM PDT

    I have a question regarding accessing Facebook through a mobile device.... Someone is sending me messaging on my Facebook messenger using a facebook account under an anonymous name, the messages are regarding my child while she is visiting with her father, in which in these messages the person accuses my daughter's father of elledgedly doing things that could be considered endangerment. In which i immediately acted upon, finding out that these accusations are in fact untrue, so having said that, i would like to figure out who this person is that is trying to cause turmoil in our lives. So, is there a way to find out the cell phone number in which this anonymous facebook account is being accessed?

    submitted by /u/TJeff35
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment