• Breaking News

    Friday, August 7, 2020

    Tech Support - Help

    Tech Support - Help


    Help

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:10 PM PDT

    I live with my wife and noone else and noone has had access to my phone besides my wife, she swears she didnt do it. But recently today life360 was downloaded onto my phone. I didnt notice it until now and I'm not the kind of person to be watches by my wife, we have a wonderful relationship and I only stay at home and play video games during this covid BS. Can an android randomly download an app like that onto your phone? I've had androids all my life and never experienced this. Please help I need answers. Also dont say it was my wife i trust her 100 percent and know for a fact she didnt do it, she swore on my life and that's a big deal with us and understanding communication. Please help.

    submitted by /u/Theuserwhocares
    [link] [comments]

    Spyware on iPhone and Creepy Events and Messages from Ex after Three Years Of Not Talking

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:54 AM PDT

    Hello all, If there is anyone that can help me out with the situation I am in or can give me advice that would be helpful.

    I have an iPhone and there has been some strange things happening. I believe my ex has possibly installed spyware of some kind and has been keeping tabs on me. I have done some googling and searched for the basics like apps and going through my settings to make sure things aren't out of place and to disable any kind of remote access.

    The really creepy part is I stopped talking to my ex about 3 years ago. Not too long ago, there was someone that I had a crush on. I decided to message this person on Tumblr - for those of you who don't know what Tumblr is, it's a blogging website where people can post just about anything. A person can choose to anonymously talk to people, or talk to people with their names revealed. There was a person that I had a crush on and decided to start anonymously messaging this person. When a person chooses to respond to these anonymous messages, they have to repost it to their blog in order to answer it, so the anonymous message is posted for all to see, and the response to the anonymous message is also posted.

    The next day or so, a person chose to message the person that I like with their username showing. I checked out the profile and the person was from another country. That SAME DAY I GET A PHONE CALL FROM THAT COUNTRY. (I do not know anyone nor have I ever talked to anyone from that country)

    Not only that, but after THREE YEARS OF NOT COMMUNICATING WITH MY EX, I GET AN EMAIL FROM HER ASKING ME HOW I WAS DOING AND JUST CHECKING UP ON ME. It was super weird but I decided to ignore it. A few days go by and I'm still messaging my crush on Tumblr ON ANONYMOUS. I'd say four days have passed from the strange incident and the person messages my crush again with the username visible. AND AGAIN I GET ANOTHER MESSAGE FROM MY EX WHO I HAVE NOT SPOKEN TO IN THREE YEARS ON A DIFFERENT SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT, SAYING HOW SHE WOULD LIKE TO AMMEND THINGS WITH ME.

    Creepily enough she references some things that I had said about her when I was talking to someone. Ever since then weird things have been happening on my phone. One of my accounts have been hacked - I received an email about this. I called the help desk and had them change my password, and whatnot. I then logged in to see if everything was okay. When I went to go check my email, THE EMAIL THAT NOTIFIED ME OF MY ACCOUNT BEING HACKED HAD BEEN DELETED.

    Now when you delete an email on iPhone, it goes into to trash bin so it's not permanently deleted. When I went to go check my trash bin IT WAS NOT THERE. IT HAD BEEN DELTED THERE TOO, however, the emails that shows that I had logged into the account after the incident were there. Thankfully, the account that was hacked logs the IP address of the user, so even though the email was deleted, I still have evidence of someone with a different IP address then my own logged in.

    Another thing, my crush was harassed off of the blog site, and even stated that after SIX YEARS OF BEING ON THERE SHE WAS FINALLY LEAVING WTF????? I think it had something to do with my ex. Please help, I'm not sure what's going on, or what to look for!

    ~UPDATE~

    I took your guys' advice, upgraded my iPhone, updated my software to current software/changed passwords/factory reset iPhone several times before using it and etc.

    Everything was fine until one of my "accounts" was hacked. I say "account" because I don't even remember creating the account that was hacked. Yet I received an email saying to changed my password because I logged in in an unrecognizable device.

    I looked at the IP Address and the country of origin was in a different country. Not just any country, but my ethnic country (which I've never been to in 20+ years nor have had any connection to that country in forever. No google searches or anything. I work on cars as a trade and mainly watch DIY videos/repair house stuff/mechanic videos) - I'm a US citizen though.

    Now that I'm bringing up the videos I want to add that I've been getting a lot strange ads too. Ads in foreign languages, ads about cybersecurity/coding/mental illnesses, ads about makeup/birth control pills WTF???, ads about a lot of stuff that I don't ever search for. I don't even have any apps related to these things. All my apps are diy/repair/mechanic apps, but I'm getting these advertisements??? How does that even work??

    Not only that but I've noticed some of my emails being deleted too.

    Additionally, I've been trying to hook up with some ladies since I'm single and almost every time I try too (it's online forums so I'm pretty sure I'm anonymous to others) the person that I talk to almost always turns out to have the same religious background as my ex.

    Another thing to add, my ex is religious. I'm not at all.

    I'm not sure what's going on but if anyone can give some advice as to how to better protect myself or what's going on or how to fix this that would be extremely helpful.

    submitted by /u/Throwaway4089876
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help me identify this malware in hopes of removing it.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:29 PM PDT

    I'm calling this the black plaque. I'm a stay at home mom who who neglected to scan daughters pc. She mainly watches utube so I thought it was no biggie. Then My system go overrun with a nasty malware. Can malware travel threw our connection? I swear it has as my 2 phones are attempting to install printer drives. But here's where I need help. I've reinstalled windows 10 numerous times and took it to a pc repair place. Only to have it come right back. So here is what I Think being im only minor tech savvy. Its a script type that deploys APPX files every windows clean install installs 4 partitions. Even after deleting all of them it makes a virtual drive. There's a random panther folder. All my user rights are killed by system admin account. Random drives are being installed via remote host printer drives.and "ports' there's a program that flashed bios theres clear keylogger things in the registry.and deploys via powershell. It also boggs my connection down like crazy. If i didn't know any better id say this is a kernal virus or its embedded in the firmware of system. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I've changed emails passwords accounts etc. Showed up on you got owned and my PayPal was drained.i am at a loss as to what this and how to remove it. I'm down my identity, 2 phones and two pcs.. can anyone help before I officially loose it?

    submitted by /u/HelpMeKillThisThing2
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone suggest a SAFER alternative to Zoom for mass meetings 40-50 people? Our (video production) client needs us to set up a livestream event, however, they are worried about zoom security.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 01:50 AM PDT

    Does anyone have experience with other platforms? Zoom has been the easiest, however, they will not accept Zoom as their conferencing solution for the event.

    Any ideas on a good alternative platform?

    submitted by /u/GucciMarxist
    [link] [comments]

    can we migrate from nutanix private cloud to Microsoft Azure? if yes, then how?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 01:20 AM PDT

    Using a Bluetooth headset (speakers and mic) with a PC aux socket

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    Hi!

    I'm looking to use a Bluetooth headset with my work laptop for calls, however Bluetooth and USB are both locked down for security reasons.

    I've bought a MPOW Bluetooth Headset and a MPOW Bluetooth Transmitter/Receiver, but when I've got it all set up I can only receive audio from it - the microphone isn't recognised.

    Does anyone know of a Bluetooth receiver/transmitter that caters for two way audio..?

    submitted by /u/danny_payne
    [link] [comments]

    Could increase ram usage increase disk usage and make windows crash?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    Two years ago I tried to update my work computer to and SSD, at the time I had a Core i3 4150, 8GB DDR3 of ram, Windows 8.1, and I bought a 120 SSD I believe it was an Adata SSD, when using Google Chrome disk usage would spike to 100%, and would sometimes get blue screen errors on Windows. I managed to update the system to Windows 10, it crashed less often, but still was not acceptable for my main work computer, I figured it had to be the SSD, so I swapped back to the old HDD and that was it.

    Still, the point of sale software I need its resource heavy, so at times I got annoyed of how slow the system was getting, and I couldn't just buy a new PC because the company that made the point of sale software I need discontinued it, so I can no longer activate it in another PC.

    So I updated every other part that I could, upgraded the ram to 16GB, swapped the processor for a i7-4470, and since I suspect the ram was the main problem I tried again with an SSD, this time it was a WD Green Sata SSD, after cloning the disk and the disk serial so far everything seems to be working just fine.

    But now I'm curious, what could have been the issue before? I thought maybe it was a faulty SSD, but I installed it later on and old laptop and it worked just fine, but since I swapped many things I don't if any one in particular was the reason, regardless I'm happy with the performance I have now, not I only need to find a new Point of sale software.

    submitted by /u/slowdr
    [link] [comments]

    Creepy: Why did I hear my phone conversation replaying?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 12:28 PM PDT

    Don't know if this is a good place to ask this question, but I don't know where else to post it.

    I was on the phone with my dad for maybe 2 minutes when we both heard the beginning of our conversation replaying over us. We couldn't even hear each other so we had to hang up and call again. We were really creeped out. What the heck was that?

    submitted by /u/CatMusk
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to download bluetooth drivers

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    Hello!

    I recently purchased the Simplecom USB Bluetooth 5.0 Adaptor (NB409) and was unable to download the drivers through the included disk as I did not have a disk reader thing.

    So I downloaded the windows driver from the official Simplecom website.

    Upon clicking on the file DPInst.exe to install the driver, I am met with the following message:

    Cannot Complete the Device Driver Installation Wizard
    The device driver installation wizard was unable to find any drivers designed for your machine. Check with the vendor or your site administrator to ensure you have the correct program.

    Other context: I am very new to Windows and recently had a PC built for me which I am using right now. I've had other issues such as no sound and mic working which I fixed by downloading an older sound driver and constantly have issues with discord cutting out.

    Thank you for any help and recommendations!

    submitted by /u/LonelyMinute
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a somewhat current smartphone with a removable battery?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Also hopefully one you can write code on?

    submitted by /u/raella69
    [link] [comments]

    How do I properly use Mviewer to export mview files as obj files?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 04:17 PM PDT

    How do I properly use Mviewer to export mview files as obj files?
    https://github.com/majimboo/mviewer

    A video tutorial or more advanced written tutorial is good

    submitted by /u/PrimalApe4
    [link] [comments]

    Connecting PS4 to PC With Bluetooth

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 12:20 PM PDT

    Hello all, I just joined this subreddit after frantically crawling through old Reddit's asking the same question. A lot of the answers I found were dated and I'm not sure if they still apply.

    Here's what I want to do;

    Purchase a Blue tooth dongle (USB) to plug into my PC so I can play games (rocket league and fall guys and maybe other games ) Wirelessly. I know I can plug it in wired and be fine, however just having the freedom of wireless is a great feature.

    Questions I have that concern me

    There is now a Bluetooth 5.0 out, will the PS4 controller be able to pair to this new technology? All I know about the PS4 controller Bluetooth technology is that is uses a low powered Bluetooth connection ( or something like that)

    Will any 4.0 Bluetooth dongle do the job?

    A lot of the reviews say "Doesn't work for PS4" but in the title of the dongle is says it does, I feel this could just be user error to be honest.

    Any suggestions would be great. I also would love to have a dongle that I can play music through my BT speakers

    Price range $5-$20

    I also know about the DS4 For Windows app and that I'll have to download the new version of this for compatibility.

    I also know that Xbox controllers are supported by windows obviously. So if it comes to it I will buy that. But I'm use to a PS4 controller for rocket league. And not sure if I want to buy an Xbox controller just for fall guys, however I'm thinking about playing sea of thieves, so maybe it would be worth the investment.

    I guess at the end of the day, I'm looking for Blue tooth dongles ( USB ) that I can use a PS4 controller with roughly 4-5 meters away.

    submitted by /u/barclaybw123
    [link] [comments]

    Game sens or dpi isn't as it should be.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 12:06 PM PDT

    I don't know if this is the right place, but I've been having issues with my ingame sensetivity's. For example my csgo cm/360 should be around 41 cm with 400 dpi and 2.5 ingame, but when i put my dpi to 400 it is around 48 cm. I've calculated my dpi on mouse-sensitivity.com/dpianalyzer . It says my dpi is correct, but it stil feels slower than it should. Also I do use a glorious model o, but with my Logitech g402 i have the same problem.

    I've tried a lot of different fixes, and they al didn't work. If there is anyone that knows more about this problem please help.

    Also i'm not from a nativley english speaking country, so sorry if it's unclear or if i misspelled a lot of words.

    submitted by /u/SirOnnel
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Optiplex 3020 MT compatible with a sata III SSD?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 02:57 PM PDT

    Music for my phone

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 02:50 PM PDT

    Music apps cost so much and you have to keep paying to use them so I was wondering if there is a way to have like a usb or something with music on it that I can plug into my phone and listen to it there. I don't want it taking up space on my phone though.

    submitted by /u/Lilnightangel
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding a lot of external hard drives

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 02:06 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    I feel like I'm missing a component to this equation for a home server/streaming/backup system.

    I have a ton of laptop sized external and internal SATA drives. I recently became aware of FreeNAS, an OS with a web interface that allows you to create a server with your spare drives. https://www.freenas.org/for-home/

    Anyways, I was looking at enclosures and they are kind of expensive. I have a extra PC power supply, could I pry open all these external enclosures, pull out the drives, plug them in to the power supply, plug all the hard drives into a small device that takes sata connections and connect it to my network either wirelessly or plug in directly to my router?

    As you can see, I feel like I need that SATA controller thing that allows a bunch of drives to be accessed as one whole drive on my network. FreeNAS will do the rest I believe and allow Mac and PC to access via their protocols.

    Any help greatly appreciated!

    James

    submitted by /u/Secret-Term
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't voting be done on the internet yet?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    The N9 listening device - What is is actually made from

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    With all the components that can be bought today, why can we just search the components and try improve the common problems?

    submitted by /u/PillsInc
    [link] [comments]

    How do you set up a messaging bot

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 06:17 AM PDT

    I have a Snapchat group chat made for studying but oftentimes it feels as if people won't ask questions out of embarrassment, so I wanted to design a bot that they could message and have the bot automatically copy their message and send it to the group chat, providing anonymity to the members.

    If any one here could help with this it would be greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/Blademastermelee
    [link] [comments]

    Power brick help

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 06:09 AM PDT

    I've been using this Digital tablet from Huion (Kamvas pro 16) for almost a year now with no issues. Last friday it just stopped working. I have narrowed it down to the power brick being broken. I used the brick my google home came with and the tablet turned on. Only problem is that the voltage on the output is higher by 2v. Can I keep using this or will it fry my tablet too? I'm not an electrician so I've no clue what these numbers mean but I've put the specs down below. Thanks in advance

    Original power brick specs: input:100-240v 50/60hz 0.4A / output : 12v 1000mah

    Google home brick specs : input 100-240v- 0.4A 50-60Hz / Output 14v=1.1A LPS..

    submitted by /u/tedxter
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment