• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 6, 2020

    Tech Support - How do I configure my 1 WiFi router and 2 Access points to have the same name and allow devices to automatically switch between them depending on the WiFi strength?

    Tech Support - How do I configure my 1 WiFi router and 2 Access points to have the same name and allow devices to automatically switch between them depending on the WiFi strength?


    How do I configure my 1 WiFi router and 2 Access points to have the same name and allow devices to automatically switch between them depending on the WiFi strength?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 09:47 PM PDT

    I have a three floor house and need to go up and down many times in a day. I wanted to know if there is a way for us to configure the access points in such a way that I have the same name [Currently it is [RouterNameG, RouterName1, RouterName2]

    Whenever I go up one floor, my phone or laptop is still connected to the WiFi from the other floor which has low signal in that floor. I therefore have to change the WiFi each time I change the floor. I would like to make this change automatic. I know big universities, Hospitals, etc already have this. How do I make this setting in my home? 1 Access Point is connected via ethernet to the main router, while the other is a WiFi repeater.

    submitted by /u/gahabh
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know all the ways your phone can spy on you?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 12:32 PM PDT

    I am asking because my phone has an unnaturally good ability to spy on me.

    I have been using a power tool saw, with the MAKITA brand for a few days at my workplace, I haven't said anything about the tool or googled anything about it. But today when i go on Ebay, on the front page, there is a MAKITA battery, exactly the one the saw uses. How does it know which brand of battery I have been using, and how does it know the specifications of the battery? Is my phone constantly taking video and scanning what is in front of it, and sending it to advertisers? That can't be right.

    submitted by /u/AronDSim
    [link] [comments]

    Teacher Help with Earbuds

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 08:52 PM PDT

    My dad is looking to buy earbuds with microphones for his class. He wants to get them for cheap since he's paying out of pocket and decent quality since it might have to last his students the whole year.

    Any help is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/jdmcatz
    [link] [comments]

    Website requires username and password

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 12:01 AM PDT

    Where do I find the username and password for a dialogue box with "(X) requires a username and password. Your connection to the site is not private." That's an authentication thing I guess?

    submitted by /u/QMan2488
    [link] [comments]

    I bought an earbuds with single 3.5mm jack. Should I buy a converter to 2 audio splitter, or a USB?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 07:25 PM PDT

    I bought an earbuds with single 3.5mm jack, but my PC doesn't have the single audio port. So I need to either use audio splitter (audio + mic), or convert it to USB. My question is, which is better, or is there's any difference at all? My primary goal would be to make sure the mic works perfectly, audio comes second.

    submitted by /u/rip5yearsoldbadge
    [link] [comments]

    Image pixels to camera coordinates

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 10:20 PM PDT

    Can anyone tell me how covert image pixels to camera coordinates. I have some pixel values along with their corresponding camera coordinates and I want to write a python code to convert pixels to camera coordinates. I would really appreciate your help.

    submitted by /u/Jasmeet_Singh07
    [link] [comments]

    Newbie to Tech

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 09:50 PM PDT

    Hey guys so i'm a newbie to tech and i'm looking for new tech friends who want to help me learn and just be friends also . I'm 18 and I am from Chicago but I live in Tulsa Oklahoma. I'm currently learning HTML , PhP , and CSS/C++ . :)

    submitted by /u/Jason-The-ChicagoKid
    [link] [comments]

    How to Auto Assign Leads to Nearest Contractor

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 09:11 PM PDT

    Hey Reddit

    I'm looking into Workiz which is looks like a promising all in one platform to be able to make and receive phone calls, send invoices, accept payments, scheduling, etc.

    It looks great so far because it has open source API so I am going to see if my developer might be able to achieve what I'm looking for.

    But before I commit to one platform vs another, I'm looking for something in particular and seeing as I'm always going on reddit for information, I thought, let me ask and see if anyone might know anything or could point me in the right direction?

    Here's what I'm trying to achieve.

    When a user/customer visits my website, they fill out a questionnaire or web form. They submit their information and booking request along with payment. The appointment details are then immediately forwarded to our nearest subcontractor who fits the job criteria. The subcontractor sees the request and is able to confirm or deny. If accepted, the booking is confirmed and details are sent to all parties. If denied, it will forward the booking info to the next available contractor. Until it's accepted and confirmed.

    Does anyone know??

    Is there another thread where I could post this??

    I tried to do this my own way through Acuity Scheduling + Pipedrive + Zapier + texting platforms but I just wasn't able to figure it out because I need a way to receive texts/notifications from the contractor as well and I was only able to send texts/notifications.

    Workiz is a platform that's looking pretty promising. Everything I'm looking for plus some additional features which I think are cool. But what I'm looking for in terms of auto assignment is a secret sauce that I haven't been able to find out there. I think I'm just looking in the wrong space. I did find a platform actually called "Lead Assign" but holy crap it's expensive.

    I should mention I'm hoping most of this automation can be done electronically and avoid phone calls.

    Workiz forced me to assign a contractor manually. Just seems like it could all be reduced to seconds vs minutes with auto assignment.

    Hopefully the solution to this will help others down the road.

    Thank you kindly

    submitted by /u/jlopez731
    [link] [comments]

    I have a few essays and pdfs (on my computer) I'd like to share the link with people online but I don't want to keep them on a google drive (for the sake of anonymity). Is there a place like imgur where you can upload a text/pdf file and get a link for it?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    Basically what the title says. The pdfs I have won't be available readily online or have paywalls for other people. I know there are some piracy websites where you can get loads of free books and articles but I don't see how I can submit one to any? Nor do I know of any other app/website where I can just upload the essay and give a link so people can view it there. Is there something like that out there?

    submitted by /u/bacchuswhisperstome
    [link] [comments]

    Facebook- Not Able To Make Story Highlights

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    I have two Facebook accounts, one allows me to make stories and highlights of those stories, the other one doesn't have the highlight option anywhere. I've checked through the settings several times. The Archive settings are turned on for both and I have several stories in them. The app has been updated. How do I fix this?

    submitted by /u/Wallflourish
    [link] [comments]

    Save youtube subscriptions without account?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 02:27 PM PDT

    Trying to delete my Google account, but I like to watch YouTube. I want to keep up with new videos from the channels I'm subscribed to, maybe through some browser extension? I don't really interact with creators or viewers, just need to keep up with new videos from a list of channels. I don't care about logging my watch history. I'm subscribed to about 100 channels and I really don't want to manually click on each link I save in my bookmarks to check for updates... Thanks

    submitted by /u/w_nd_shrtr_sng_ttls
    [link] [comments]

    Working From Home - Easy Way to Switch Laptop/Desktop Display on Monitors?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    I have two monitors and a desktop PC I usually use.

    My new job is shipping me a laptop and I would like to use my desktop monitor setup during working hours and switch away from my laptop display when I'm done working.

    Specifically, I would only like to use my two desktop monitors and have the laptop closed while I work.

    Is there something I can buy to easily switch between laptop display during work hours, and then desktop display after I get off work?

    submitted by /u/anonymouspsy
    [link] [comments]

    Simple and reliable way to physically input a key press on a mobile website?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 01:51 PM PDT

    I made a little trivia website to play with some friends on our phones, and I'd love to be able to have a real/physical button to buzz in. Ideally I'd love to be able to have something like this that I could just plug into my phone and my website could detect the button press input. I came across this old kickstarter product called Pressly that sounded like something we could use, but the project seems dead now and from what I've read there were always technical issues with them. Does something like this exist? Will another app always be required to map the button press to the browser input? I'd prefer a physical connection, but I'm open to trying bluetooth too.

    Any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/CarpenterDapper
    [link] [comments]

    Can I sell my Apple Watch without having access to the Apple ID

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 04:18 PM PDT

    No right? I can't log in, I registered the account to my number in another country which I don't have access to. Which means I can't get a verification code that was sent

    submitted by /u/datasian_
    [link] [comments]

    Suspicious WiFi acces point ?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 12:07 PM PDT

    Hello, everyone.

    To put it simply, I have just came home from a vacation, and I have not used my computer in 3 days.When I booted up my PC my WiFi signal seemed to be kind of weak. My router has 2 WiFi access points one named ''reddit'' and one named ''reddit_5g''. My PC is always connected to ''reddit_5g'' for the extra speed and whatnot. However, when I checked which network I am connected to, it said that I am connected to ''reddit_5g 2 '' and the other two networks were below it. I instantly reconnected to ''reddit_5'' and the ''reddit_5g 2'' just dissappeared and is nowhere to be found on the available networks. Does anyone have any idea what this acces point was, how my PC was connected to it, and should I be worried ?

    submitted by /u/LupusBlack
    [link] [comments]

    Connecting project and external monitor to 2017 Macbook Air (no USB C)?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    So I'm a teacher and I have a 2017 Macbook Air that I need to connect to a projector and an external WQHD monitor. My projector is VGA, my Macbook has USB and Thunderbolt 2, and the monitor has HDMI, MiniDisplay, and DVI. The projector can mirror one of the other screens if that helps. Is there any way (I'll buy dongles!) to make this happen?

    submitted by /u/timeforhockey
    [link] [comments]

    Mobile Hotspot for Remote Schooling

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 01:47 PM PDT

    Hi, I am looking to hit the road for the next couple of weeks and camp (most likely the eastern sierras). I am a college student doing remote classes through zoom. I am in need of a mobile hotspot or cheap phone plan that will let me zoom from my phone or laptop. Our typical sessions are group meetings of around 20-35 people and we meet for about 12-14 hours per week. If you guys have any suggestions on what would be the best piece of hardware, whether a phone or modem, that can handle the upload and download speeds, as well as a data plan that does not cost too much, that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Hieber-Fever
    [link] [comments]

    How Can I Make it Difficult to Copy Text in PDF?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 01:17 PM PDT

    I don't post to reddit much so please let me know if this would be better for another group.

    I have some articles I want to post for general public viewing, but I want to make it as difficult as possible for someone to copy the text from documents. I'm using PhantomPDF and I've used the protection setting to disallow copying. Are there other things I could do? I thought about using watermarks to possibly interfere with OCR software. I know if someone is willing to spend a bit of time they can get around anything I do, but like I said, I just want to make it as difficult as possible.

    Thanks for any advice :)

    submitted by /u/-toonces-
    [link] [comments]

    Which video editing software should I buy?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 11:27 AM PDT

    I want to make horror stories with pictures/videos for YT. I use windows.

    • The software doesn't have to have that many features.

    • It must run properly and not let me down.

    • I'd appreciate it if the interface were user friendly.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/dnzprs
    [link] [comments]

    CPU

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 11:02 AM PDT

    So my CPU has been reaching temps of 75 whilst playing games and like 83 whilst streaming, and i cannot render because it will hit 100. I am not the best with computers so i dont know whether it could be the thermal paste as i have had the pc for 2 years and not changed it, So i dont know whether it could be my cpu, thermal paste or cpu cooler anyone got any suggestion to help all answers much appreciated. If anyone is wondering what cpu cooler i have its the cooler master masterliquid lite 120 cpu liquid cooler.

    submitted by /u/Ozlso
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth headset interfering with WiFi

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    Hey TechReddit, I have a question.

    I had really bad WiFi reception on my Nokia 5.1 plus recently and I find out it is caused by my new Bluetooth headset (Sony WI-C200). You see, my headset and my WiFi both work on 2.4ghz and interfere with each other. (Or at least that's what I think, feel free to correct me)

    So my question is... Is there any way to solve this issue ? My router sadly can not be switched to 5ghz and I already tried to switch channels and it did nothing. I switched the whole router for a different model that I had lying around to no effect. Is there any way to solve this ? Also... Could this be caused by some kind of manufacturing error in headset ?

    I use to use different kind of wairless bluetooth headsets along with smart band and everything worked fine... Even this headset works great, it's just that when I connect it slow down WiFi to the point that I can't even browse Reddit or Instagram. (Note: when I am kind of close to the router reception is obviously much better this leads me to believe that it is really interference from Bluetooth)

    submitted by /u/Ditto_Gordito
    [link] [comments]

    Please suggest me an iPhone for my mom

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    Hello, I am planning to buy a iPhone for my mom but I don't know which one is the best for her. She take a lot of photo so I would like a phone that has a lot of storage and also a good camera. My budget is around 15000czk to 17000czk (600$ - 700$). Any advice and suggestions is always welcome. Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/doggobear_x3
    [link] [comments]

    Ambient light for tv

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 07:39 AM PDT

    Hey there. Does anyone know a good and cheap hdmi ambient light for the tv. Thank you for helping.

    submitted by /u/erezcal
    [link] [comments]

    Is my understanding correct on potential aquisition of ARM by Nvidia ?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 07:21 AM PDT

    If Nvidia buys ARM from SoftBank, it will impact both hardware & software tech market ?

    Hardware : Nvidia already dominates the GPU (75% market share in 2020) and the ARM architecture is a monopoly on smartphones and will probably increase market share for data centers with the success of Amazon under ARM. In addition, computer manufacturers are transitioning from x64 architecture to ARM in order to have an instruction set and a less power-hungry CPU for the same performance. Apple is the first player to have made this transition official to the general public.

    Software : developers will have to make their SaaS compatible on x64 and ARM architecture instead on focusing on x64 only for any computer version of a software. Emulation will be key to run products smoothly without having to rebuild a second version of your product ?

    I am correct ? Did I miss something ? First post on Reddit, I hope it is on the right place :)

    Many thanks and have a good day :)

    submitted by /u/Lwii2boo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment