• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 28, 2020

    Tech Support - How can I learn docker and containerization hands on?

    Tech Support - How can I learn docker and containerization hands on?


    How can I learn docker and containerization hands on?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 03:23 AM PDT

    Hi folks,

    So I've been reading a lot about docker and containerization recently.

    I'm a humble writer but I write mostly for technology clients. And although I've listened to interesting podcasts and YT videos about containerization (and get the concept) I learn best hands-on.

    Is there some relatively inexpensive project I can undertake to get my hands dirty and really understand how they work under the hood?

    Hardware and software at my disposal:

    A desktop running Linux. A Synology NAS. A web hosting account (shared - but I've found a cheap VPS host I could use).

    TIA for any ideas.

    submitted by /u/drjlm3
    [link] [comments]

    Redeem PayPal Voucher with an International Transaction

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 08:07 PM PDT

    I recently got a PayPal Voucher saying 'You can use this cashback for making ONLY international transactions' Am from India. I would either prefer to get it as some Gift Card or Buy a Chromecast. In which website can I reedem this ? Any suggestions ? PS : Its expiring soon.

    submitted by /u/Sanjay_Raju
    [link] [comments]

    Port Forwarding for PS4 gaming? I have a modem and a router...

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 02:07 PM PDT

    I've been trying for hours to forward some ports and get Type 1 NAT (Open) but to no avail. I have a cheap modem (supplied by the ISP) and a router which I use to spread the wifi signal across the apartment. I was able to forward the ports on my modem, but it's not close enough to my PS4 and only get 6Mbps while my connection is 40Mbps. And it's still NAT Type 2...

    I'll have to forward the ports on my router as well, which is just 1 metre away from my PS4. The TP-Link router is tricky though and doesn't have a proper port forwarding page...it does, but it's different and more complicated than my modem's. So I decided to put my PS4 IP address as DMZ (all ports are forwarded)...

    Problem is, my modem has a 192.168.0.1 IP address, while my router has a 192.168.1.1 address. I guess they should be on the same "page" (penultimate digit should be the same) for this to work...right? How can I move my router's IP address range on 192.168.0.xxx to keep both devices consistent and route the connection to my PS4?

    Sorry for my weird terminology, I didn't know how to express myself any better :/ Thanks in advance...

    submitted by /u/Lisergiko
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with echo dot synchronization

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 10:23 PM PDT

    I have an Acer predator laptop which I want to connect to two of my Amazon echo dot (3rd gen). As these devices only connect through bluetooth so only one of the echo dot act as a speaker when I'm playing movies on my laptop. Is there any way I can connect both of the echo dot to my laptop so that both act as speakers at the same time? Though whenever I play Spotify or other apps directly on echo dot with any laptop connection, they work on sync. Please help me with this.

    submitted by /u/Lordhotshot
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone hacking

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 02:24 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    Under UK legislation, the investigatory powers bill 2016 allows police to remotley 'hack' into phones and acquire information.

    How easy would it be for them to be able to do this To an iPhone?

    submitted by /u/Specific-Confection7
    [link] [comments]

    Snapchat won’t let me reactivate my account

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 07:43 PM PDT

    Its been 3 days and if I try to login it says its a error I'm pretty worried cause it deletes it everything in 30 days

    submitted by /u/Kpopkinz
    [link] [comments]

    Best lightweight portable monitor?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 07:18 PM PDT

    I'm trying to find a portable monitor for a college freshman who'll be stuck in the dorm taking online classes. I want the monitor to be as portable as possible in case the college closes campus unexpectedly and will have to bring back everything home.

    submitted by /u/2ADF379FF404DEEF
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for hardware & software requirements to achieve this

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 06:11 PM PDT

    This is about Augmented Reality (AR).It is basically an animated dragon on a table top.I am unable to find the exact method to do this by googling.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/sEx8w

    submitted by /u/Old_traveler
    [link] [comments]

    Is it better for the longevity of an external hard drive to be connected or disconnected from a computer?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 02:24 PM PDT

    Which TV to prepare for Xbox Series X?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 05:46 PM PDT

    I'm looking at TVs to get ready for the Xbox Series X, I'm not looking to spend Megabucks but am willing to pay a bit extra if the difference is worth it... Budget about £450-£500. Absolute must are 60Hz+ refresh rate, 4K HDR10+, and input delay/lag. Also not looking for a sole gaming TV - I would get a monitor if I was I'm looking for a good all rounder that will provide a solid gaming experience. I've played on TVs where the input lag makes gaming unplayable.

    The two TVs I have found so far are from Hisense and slightly below budget which is great:

    https://ao.com/product/h55b7500uk-hisense-tv-silver-70564-108.aspx

    https://ao.com/product/h50u7buk-hisense-u7b-tv-black-68753-108.aspx

    Will these be OK? Or are there any better?

    submitted by /u/jordanlp96
    [link] [comments]

    Could trickle charging a macbook/ nintendo switch with a small 21 watt solar panel potentially damage these devices?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 06:59 AM PDT

    I have a 21 watt (advertised) foldable solar charging kit and I'm curious to see how sustainable it would actually be in the case of an emergency. I've read a few posts online stating that charging a macbook or nintendo switch with a small solar could potentially damage these devices and to use a battery bank as a median. My understanding is that trickle charging in most cases is actually beneficial to lithium ion cells and I'm pretty skeptical of said posts. Is there any truth behind these claims?

    submitted by /u/lil_skido
    [link] [comments]

    Phone Contacts - Cell phone belongs to my company.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    Hey guys.
    Am about to leave the company i work for. Its one of the biggest companies in the country i live.
    I use a phone that they gave me for work stuff. It contains a lot of theirs software there. Even a GPS tracker is installed (location of the phone cant be turned off as a example).

    I would like to get the phone number of a few of my clients that became my friends while i worked there. Those contacts numbers were added by hand by me.

    But i also would like to quit in a friendly manner, and offcourse not doing anything illegal or wrong in any way.
    There is some kind of software that would detect that i would do that?
    Is this wrong in any way?

    submitted by /u/tawnie60
    [link] [comments]

    Can I charge a laptop through USB Type-C PowerDelivery?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I recently bought a new laptop and it came with a usb-c port with power delivery. I just wanted to ask if I could charge both ways through this port. With this usb-c, could I charge my android phone through it and if I plug in a battery pack, could I charge the laptop through the same port?

    submitted by /u/Afford
    [link] [comments]

    One of my system fans isnt getting detected but is working except the rgb

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    I think I messed up, how do I use my DLSR as a webcam?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 12:45 PM PDT

    I have watched several tutorials and read many guides about this and I decided to go the cheap way and instead of buying Elgato's Camlink I decided to buy a HDMI Female to USB-C adapter so that I can use my DLSR camera cabe with HDMI OUT to the adapter and the adapter to my pc, but it doesn't register anything, is there any way I can use this adapter to use my DLSR as webcam or will I have to end up buying the Camlink?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Sanchancho
    [link] [comments]

    Console gamer moving to PC

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    So I have been a console gamer all my life (Xbox), and lately I have been looking at the vast world of PC and I'd really like to get into it. 2 of my biggest questions are: 1. I have a really nice TV and I'd prefer to play my PC games through that, how hard is that to set up and what would I need. 2. I'd still like to use my console controllers for some of the classic games that I plan on playing through my PC, how hard is THAT to do?

    submitted by /u/WallstreetWale
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my internet so slow when it rains?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 10:13 AM PDT

    I know that in general, this is a normal thing to happen, but when it rains, my download speed drops from about 25 Mbps to <2Mbps. This feels like a very extreme drop and I was wondering if there is anything I can do about it?

    submitted by /u/Hazzy_B
    [link] [comments]

    Drones in reforestation

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 07:09 AM PDT

    Hey! I'm doing my dissertation on the use of drones in reforestation and forest management. It's a reasonably new use for drones, so there is not much information around this subject. If anyone has any info, it would be much appreciated!:)

    submitted by /u/slothboi106
    [link] [comments]

    Which phone to buy for mobile photography?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    Hi, I am looking to purchase a gift for my dad. He's enthusiastic about mobile photography and his recent phone has stopped working.

    The final choices are Realme X3 Superzoom, Vivo V50 and Samsung Note 10 Lite.

    Only these three phones stood out in terms of photography and overall value in my budget range. My budget is max $450. That's about 35,000 INR at my place.

    The reviews are not particularly helpful.

    So which one is good? Any pertinent issues such as heating, WiFi drop or voice call issues?

    And any other suggestions?

    Edit 1: Type Oppo Reno instead of Realme X3

    submitted by /u/Nixexs
    [link] [comments]

    Smart glasses

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 06:35 AM PDT

    Does anyone have any good recommendations for smart glasses? I am specifically looking for a pair that I can stream video from my phone to.

    submitted by /u/could-ntthinkofaname
    [link] [comments]

    Mobile data throttling

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 04:40 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    Sorry if this is on the wrong sub.

    Just a quick question, if my mobile network was throttling my data usage, would a VPN stop that as they can't see the traffic?

    So would the VPN over come the throttling?

    Or is it purely based on my phone alone, so any traffic from my phone will be throttled, regardless if a VPN is active or not.

    submitted by /u/Specific-Confection7
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment