• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 16, 2020

    Tech Support - Question about IP adresses and 4chan

    Tech Support - Question about IP adresses and 4chan


    Question about IP adresses and 4chan

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 12:46 AM PDT

    Live streaming music solution for multiple sources

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 06:39 PM PDT

    I'm live-streaming a weekly music show that includes musical acts from around the globe performing live. Up until this point I've been using Zoom as the foundation of this (as it allows me to connect/manage multiple attendees) and adding in a OBS layer to allow for titles and VST's to clean up the sound. I'm at the point that I'm tired of struggling with Zoom to get it to NOT do "smart" processing on sound (some of which you can switch off, but some of which you cannot) as well as those times when their servers are just totally overloaded. My ideal solution would be to have each act send me a direct feed to their performance, which I can live-produce in OBS and stream out from there. I don't want to involve the acts with setting up their own FB live streams as 1) it seems like runningg 5-8 "window captures" in OBS isn't the most efficient or elegant solution, and I don't want to compete against my own acts for viewership. Anyone have any ideas of solutions I can look into? Happy to get my hands dirty on this one if needed.

    submitted by /u/pmi2020
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any tools that will force Windows to remember/propagate your folder view preferences?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 01:50 PM PDT

    I've been using Windows my whole life (since the 3.1 days) and it has never been able to reliably remember and propagate my folder view preferences. I want it to display icons a certain way, sort them a certain way, and group them a certain way. Some folders will do it reliably, while others will ignore or even forget my preferences.

    Since Microsoft hasn't been able to figure this out in the past 30 years, I was wondering if there was a tool somewhere that could do the job for them. Something where I can just say "display all folders like this", and specify a few exceptions. (Side note: I'm not looking for an Explorer replacement, although I'm willing to take a look if you know of a good one.)

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/BevansDesign
    [link] [comments]

    Inverted colors on an Android 4.1.1

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 12:51 AM PDT

    I just used my 4 - 5 year old tablet (3q), and it's screen looks really weird. It's like it's inverted, but it's an Android 4.1.1 and I can't find any solution online. I can't put an image here, so here's a link: https://ibb.co/KjDtXwf Sorry, that it's horizontal, but my phone just does that.

    submitted by /u/MatejDaCringeBoi
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding forwarding texts to email

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 12:42 AM PDT

    Feels kinda silly paying for and keeping a cell phone designated to simply do this. I know there's all kinda of marketing companies out there that special in pushing content for mailing lists and whatnot. Essentially just looking for a service where user A can send a text to a virtual number and have it forwarded/redirected to a predefined email address. No 2 way communication needed, any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/icel0ck
    [link] [comments]

    run an android emulator on android phone (tencent/gameloop emulator)

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 12:22 AM PDT

    So here's the problem;- i'll have a great phone with me (a good snapdragon processor, 720 series) and i want to run the official tencent (aka gameloop) emulator on it so that i get paired with other emulator players. that's because i always play the game in my local gaming cafe, but i'm gonna move out of the city now (i do not want to play on the phone with the phone version of pubg cause its a horrible experience to play on a 6 inch screen when you have always played on a 17 inch one with a mouse and keyboard). so i want to play with a keyboard, mouse and external display hooked up to my phone (i already have those at home) and not get banned (the reason why i must use the official emulator). i do not have the money to buy even a basic gaming pc (~rs 30,000/usd 400-500) just for playing. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE?

    U guys can also suggest a solution under rs 2000 (~usd 30) But try to be as cheap as possible!

    Btw i am a new kid on the block here on reddit so i wasn't sure where to post this to its also on the techsupport subreddit page.

    submitted by /u/acidbat101
    [link] [comments]

    Question about new phone and sim cards

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 08:55 PM PDT

    If I get a new phone and transfer my sim card then call my service provider to change my phone number would my phone still have any attachment to my old phone number (e.g would applications recognize my old phone number exclusively from my sim card?)

    Should I wait before entering my sim card before changing my phone number or should I ultimately get another sim card to be safe?

    Both phones are Iphones if that matters?

    submitted by /u/sademoji143
    [link] [comments]

    Highly customizable google forms?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    My boss has asked me to find something that solves this problem. I am not able to figure it out and I really need help with this. So people at work use google forms but there are some limitations of it and now we need something that solves the problems we're having.

    These are the following things we need:

    • Real-time collaboration, if I put something in the form then other people are able to see it as well and able to change it simultaneously. (Just like in google docs, you share the link and a lot of people can work on it simultaneously right, similarly, people should be able to work on that form simultaneously.)
    • Able to export the responses to a spreadsheet
    • Can customize it to meet my needs, suppose I want to add a comment beside the checkboxes in the question, then I should be able to do it.
    • Suppose you share the link of the form sometime later, then the responses should remain what they were the last time they were edited, and they shouldn't vanish on sharing the link with a person who wasn't a collaborator. Is it even possible to do that?

    I thought:

    Maybe make an excel sheet look like a form? But the problem with that is people at work want that UI and experience that google forms have. Plus it has that ease of navigation if we were to divide the forms into different sections.

    P.S. Please recommend free softwares or if there are any other ways to go about it?

    submitted by /u/WeirdSquirrel7
    [link] [comments]

    Mobile Networks. GSM/CDMA

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 04:06 PM PDT

    I want to buy my dad a new phone for fathers day. His current phone is an Android Optimus. He's managed to keep it working all this time but even the best taken care of tech eventually eats the dust.

    So I'm looking at possible unlocked phones on Amazon as i would prefer to buy and have shipped quickly and I don't want the hassle of going into the store and talking to the guy behind the counter.

    Metropolitan area with Verizon 4G LTE in every nook and cranny.

    I know there are GSM and CDMA phones and the GSM phones state that GSM and Verizon are not compatible. Verizon then states that those differences only matter in 2G and 3G connectivity and not 4G LTE. (see below link)

    https://www.verizon.com/articles/what-are-phone-bands-and-why-do-they-matter/

    Question: If the phone really never leaves the 4G LTE network, does the GSM/CDMA distinction truly matter?

    Phone is question is the Samsung A20s

    https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SM-A207F-Digitel-Factory-Unlocked/dp/B07S9G74M4/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=galaxy+a20&qid=1592261201&sr=8-6

    submitted by /u/thefinalfall
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone remember bt_info? How did that work?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 03:16 PM PDT

    At the time of symbian phones and such there was an app called bt_info where you could basically do anything with a bluetooth connected phone. I'm talking like playing any ringtone on his phone, open apps, download his contacts etc.
    We used to take a friends phone, once connected select "never ask for connection" and then you could use this anytime to make his phone ring in class to get him in trouble or just snoop through his messages.
    Anyone remember this? How did it work? Why does something like this not exist anymore?

    submitted by /u/riggiddyrektson
    [link] [comments]

    Problems with m.2 SSDs on THREE new Asus motherboards. Can't boot, can't install, can't run rescue, etc. Is anyone else seeing this?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 06:30 PM PDT

    I'm seeing major problems on three new Asus motherboards when it comes to UEFI & m.2 SSD that is affecting my ability to run Windows 10. I've messed with literally every combination of CSM, Legacy / UEFI, have upgraded BIOS, reset the CMOS, etc. I have tried three different m.2 SSDs and three different CPUs. Problems range from:

    • Hang before logo
    • Hang right after logo
    • Boot straight to BIOS - no SSD detected at all
    • Reboot or bluescreen while windows is loading

    Affected boards:

    • Asus Prime H310I-Plus R2.0 CSM x 2 (literally says CSM in the name LOL)
    • Asus ROG STRIX H470-I GAMING

    If a rescue disk or installer boots (which is a 50-50 m.2 SSD installed) then it won't see the m.2 SSD at all. In contrast, my MSI B360 board works fine with all of the same hardware and can boot from or install to a m.2 SSD with no BIOS changes at all. (CSM is enabled and works out of the box.)

    Although these boards are new, I run a side business buying and selling used hardware, which creates a secondary market and upgrade path for people. So while it's no big deal for me to return these boards, the question is how widespread is this, and how many Asus boards should I avoid.

    submitted by /u/IanArcad
    [link] [comments]

    Is there powerbank for devices that have EU type c plug?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 05:04 PM PDT

    I got some cool lights with EU type c plug and I want to use em outside but need powerbank or something like that so that I dont to plug it in wall.

    submitted by /u/redhoodsgun
    [link] [comments]

    what are the best home assistants if I don't want to buy the amazon and Google ones?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 12:56 PM PDT

    HP Laptop showing weird display

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 12:51 PM PDT

    I was watching a movie on VLC and suddenly I saw my screen went kinda blank as you can see in the video. https://youtu.be/F0s_tUksiW4 Speaker also produced some weird sounds. It wasn't responding to any command. I switched it off using power key. I can't remember if it was connected to wifi. Most probably, it wasn't, if it is of any help.

    It was kinda warm not to warm. I switched it off and kept aside. After some 2 hours when I checked, it was burning hot. I had to keep it in front of air cooler.
    Could anyone please tell me what kind of problem it is? I don't want to be conned by leechers at service center. Please help me what should I do.

    Laptop doesn't turn on without plugging in ac adaptor. Power button acts normally. There is no blink pattern in its light. When I hold the button for 5-6 seconds there is a single beep sound from speaker and it turns off. I don't have any idea if it is normal.

    Second thing I noticed. When charger isn't plugged in, and I press power button, it doesn't show any light in it. means not responding. However, the charging port light blink rapidly 3 times when I press power button and there is no sound from speaker.

    submitted by /u/Rodis538
    [link] [comments]

    Torrenting

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    What is torrenting? How does it work? How likely are you to be caught? and what happens once you do?

    My boyfriend torrents and I've been using it on his laptop but I've now sorted out my broadband and want to do it on my laptop but I'm worried about being caught, my broadband also has a 'broadband buddy' and I'm not quite sure what that means or if I should disable it as it says it blocks out websites etc, like does that mean it can see what I'm searching/ doing?

    submitted by /u/ilmfxox
    [link] [comments]

    Infinix Note 7 - A mobile phone with 720p display - is that worth buying in 2020?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    Hello.

    I am planning to buy this phone called Infinix Note 7.

    It has good specs for its price here in Pakistan. (specs - https://www.gsmarena.com/infinix_note_7-10175.php)

    However, there is one thing that is bothering me - it has a resolution of 720 HD, not 1080 FHD. Even my old Honor 6x has FHD 1080p.

    My question is that in 2020, is this a major downside to buying a phone ? I want to watch youtube videos and netflix shows on it, so will it affect my viewing experience ? do videos of 1080p and above hang up on 720p phones ?

    Do you think this display will go obsolete in two years ?

    Please guide me if I should go ahead and buy it or not. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Mohi1
    [link] [comments]

    What does leveraging an SSID mean?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 11:02 AM PDT

    For example, leveraging an institute's, such as hospital or school's, SSID? I'm trying to understand a text (otherwise unrelated to the topic) that has this phrase, but I have absolutely no idea what it means (Google was very unhelpful.

    submitted by /u/Masterpiece-Radiant
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor not connecting to laptop via HDMI

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 10:55 AM PDT

    Hi!

    A few days ago my monitor suddenly wasn't connecting to my laptop anymore via HDMI. I had updated windows the night before and when i woke up the monitor wasn't connected anymore, it just said "no signal". The monitor itself seems to be working good, and the display as well. My laptop just doesn't recognize that anything is connected to the HDMI port, so i can't find any settings for a second monitor bc it doesn't find anything. I'm so confused as to what could be wrong, since i literally didn't touch anything, and it was just suddenly not working anymore?

    I haven't had any trouble with my ASUS monitor until now since i got it about 7 months ago. I'd be so grateful if anyone would have any ideas about what could be wrong and how i could possibly fix this :)

    submitted by /u/snepaiiii
    [link] [comments]

    Which programs for voice conversation are the most stable or reliable?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    Help plz

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 08:05 AM PDT

    Which intel processor could the Ryzen 7 3700U compete with and/or be seen as an equal to.

    submitted by /u/NickA1107
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment