• Breaking News

    Monday, June 15, 2020

    Tech Support - A program for moving and sorting files in Windows 10?

    Tech Support - A program for moving and sorting files in Windows 10?


    A program for moving and sorting files in Windows 10?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 08:32 PM PDT

    I find moving several files from several folders often locks up explorer. While I can do it bit by bit and wait between each move I find it takes way too long that way.

    When using partition software you tell it all the things you want done step by step and it previews what you want done but it doesn't do anything until you tell it to apply or start. I would love to find a program that does that with just moving, copying and sorting multiple files across multiple hard drive. Just go in, tell it all that you want done (With it ensuring you have space for moves and that it is possible) , preview what it will look like and then press start (maybe let it go over night) and come back later when it is done. Does anyone know of such a program?

    Even if there is a bootable USB or cd/DVD OS that does this it would be amazing.

    submitted by /u/TheImmutableFool
    [link] [comments]

    How important is printer security?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 04:35 AM PDT

    I came across a guide on how to secure your printer and my first thought was "Why would I need to do that?". The article mentions some examples on how the printer might get exploited if it's not secure. But I wonder - how common is this really? Do I need to tell my not so tech savvy relatives about this? And is this guide good enough?

    submitted by /u/BigGrand0
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 10:06 PM PDT

    Is the Ryzen 7 3700U good? Is it fast? Can it handle gaming (not serious gaming though)? Overall, is it a reliable CPU?

    submitted by /u/NickA1107
    [link] [comments]

    How do anti-virus and malware scanners scan memory objects?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 01:36 AM PDT

    Where are they located at? I assume they are located in the RAM and not the hard drive, but I tried opening system files before and they could not be written or accessed even with admin privileges and system (yes, used a program to access it as the root's root and it rejects it (not just cmd under admin) in Windows...

    the fact that scanners can reach them makes me wonder if it's on the hard drive but deep down in another level

    submitted by /u/ToasticleQ
    [link] [comments]

    A port/adapter/cable to connect USB-C to USB-C and headphone jack?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 01:24 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, I have a MacBook and recently bought a monitor that charges as well through a single USB-C channel. I also decided to get speakers but the USB-C port and the headphone jack are on opposite sides of the device. It honestly does not look clean to have cable on both sides plus also strains my speaker cable. Is there any way I can get a hub or adapter that connects to my laptop on one end and my monitor/speakers on the other?

    I got bamboozled into getting one on amazon that only charges with USB-C and with a headphone jack.

    Thanks Ahead

    Edit: most hubs I've been finding has hdmi ports too but I feel like that defeats the purpose of me getting a charging monitor in the first place. I'd like to keep the cables to a minimal.

    submitted by /u/JayWnr
    [link] [comments]

    What are the downsides to Graphene?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 12:35 AM PDT

    Basically I've been looking a lot into the seemingly endless uses of Graphene but have not yet come across much in the way of drawbacks, making it seem to good to be true (with the exception of cost to make, but that cost will inevitably fall as research continues). So I was wondering if anyone knew of any down sides this apparent wonder product may have?

    Thank you in advance :)

    submitted by /u/LydiaFaye
    [link] [comments]

    Dumb website locking how fast I can download files

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 04:03 AM PDT

    Hey so I have an anime that isn't available in the US due to lack of license and no license upcoming, (really weird tiny company) but the place I found it on limits you downloads to about 0.1 MBPS which is obviously absurd does anyone know of any tricks/extensions on either chrome or firefox that can work around this? thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/For-Evil-Porpoises
    [link] [comments]

    We need help to contact my Grandma

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 07:40 PM PDT

    So my Grandma in Mexico lives on a ranch. She is very sick and does not have access to any signal to call. She usually has to taxi to the city to call and communicate with us. Although we are worried about her, we would like to know if there is a product or way to communicate with her more easily. Cost doesn't matter to as much as her health and we would like to check up on her every once in a while. Thank you for your time

    submitted by /u/mx-rafasg
    [link] [comments]

    Want to build a GUI application in Linux for a complex python script

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 11:22 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, not sure if this is the right place to post this. Please redirect me if you know of a better place to move this question.

    The Background:

    I have a complex python script that automates many of the daily tasks I do at work (I cannot go into details, but at its core it's a set of scripts with a master script acting like a menu).

    I work predominantly on linux and so does most of my organization

    I want to create a front end GUI so that the less technically inclined in my company can have a chance to use this tool that I have created which has saved me MANY hours of work time already. (avoid script invocations and argument passing that may seem daunting to someone less familiar with python)

    The solution I came up with (that is not very good IMO):

    I wrote an application in PyQt and it does what I want BUT it is WAY too complex to maintain and I myself am having trouble when new requests come in like "why don't you move the listing section to other tab" which actually make sense, but I dread implementing as it means going back into the mess I have created.

    Also I am having a tough time packaging my application because of my its dependencies for the python scripts.

    The Request:
    Can anyone suggest a way for me to create GUI application for Linux (Ubuntu) that can invoke python scripts from within the application. I don't mind having to learn it first. In fact that would be ideal.

    submitted by /u/xxxpyronxxx
    [link] [comments]

    Will a 5g dongle work with a 4g signal

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 11:15 PM PDT

    Are there any devices that are: smartphone dock + speaker/amplifier + radio?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 09:33 PM PDT

    Hello,

    Looking for a device that is a decent speaker/amplifier + smartphone dock that also has built in radio functionality. Needing a device for my tech confused father that can play radio, but can also sync with smartphones (for me).

    I keep finding either radio docks with very poor speakers/amplification, or speaker/amplifiers with no radio. Wasn't sure if I'm just looking for the wrong thing.

    Would love help, if possible.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Larbone
    [link] [comments]

    Business Card Scanning Device for Mac

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 09:22 PM PDT

    Can someone help me find a quality business card scanner for Mac. All the ones I've seen have been windows only or look kinda outdated, would ideal put info in excel. Would rather use a physical device than have an app steal all these contacts. thanks

    submitted by /u/BoredConsumer1
    [link] [comments]

    Can i Upgrade Laptop Removable Processor?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 08:42 PM PDT

    Just out of curiosity, I own a Toshiba Satellite L755, and this laptop processor is removable, it has a Core i5-2410M processor with a Socket G2 . Now the question is this laptop compatible with a processor upgrade? If it is can you tell me which are compatible with this model?

    submitted by /u/daizeemi
    [link] [comments]

    Is 230 dollars a good price for a used Razer phone?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    Is it a good price or am I getting scammed? If it's too expensive what price should I propose to the seller? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/dearhollow
    [link] [comments]

    Help! I smashed my phone. Need it for work.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 06:54 PM PDT

    I smashed my phone by accident tonight.
    The catch is that I'm traveling for work. First night in a new city & I don't know where anything is.

    Is there any way that I could plug my macbook pro into my car & use it as a GPS to make it to work.
    & then I can download all the apps I need on here while I wait to get my phone fixed. I don't have a printer so I can't print physical directions. Worse case is that I write everything down. Would be a lot less stressful if I could use the mac though. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/CoolAmplifierGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Request: A pager/beeper like device which piggybacks on my smartphone, for emergency messaging. Reasons why in the post...

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    Hello all!

    I've searched for some time for this product but would love some feedback on possible alternative solutions to my problem! Here is my situation. I am a surgeon and am often physically scrubbed into operations or otherwise occupied and cannot routinely look at my phone or take calls directly, while remaining sterile. I also prefer to minimize distractions in the operating room, so my phone is usually silenced. Recently, however, I've needed a few times to be notified of urgent messages (not related to work) which are of such a nature that I would break scrub to handle the call, or tagged in a partner to take over a portion of the case. I believe what I am looking for is a device which meets the following criteria:

    • Is not a typical medical pager/beeper (these require service contracts, are usually paid for by the hospital/health system, and are explicitly not for personal messaging)
    • Syncs to my smartphone such that I can receive messages via Internet or SMS based protocols
    • Uses a dedicated service for messaging (proprietary, or Whatsapp, or Signal, etc) so that I have the option to receive alerts only on the device and not (visibly) on my smartphone by default - the purpose of this is to avoid alert fatigue/overload
    • Receives and displays a text-based message with an a loud, audible alert - the ability to send messages is not mandatory
    • Would only be used in urgent situations/emergencies, so not often and hopefully never
    • Does not have a service fee for use

    Thus far I have looked at smart watches, Bluetooth dongles and even GPS-based SOS devices/satellite messengers but I don't feel that these would address my needs.

    Would really appreciate any suggestions!

    submitted by /u/maximillianheadroom
    [link] [comments]

    best windows note taking program that has good privacy?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    Im currently using Joplin but I don't like that it has a code view which makes it look cluttered, I want something similar in UI/appearance to onenote. I don't need cloud sync as ill just be using it on one pc nothing else

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    Fingerprints!?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 03:42 PM PDT

    Just bought a new Lenovo flexpad, but the computer seems to keep all my fingerprints on the front cover and trackpad. Any recommendations on how to clean?

    submitted by /u/nem91195
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop specs questions re: streaming

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I recently began streaming Dead by Daylight as a hobby as I need to do something to get my mind off of everything. I want to stream it from my Switch as I really enjoy playing on the switch. I bought an Elgato HD60 S capture card. It says I need the system requirements of the following:

    OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)

    GPU: Intel HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 600 or better

    CPU: Intel i5-4xxx quad core or better

    Other: USB 3.x port

    I can only get a laptop and not a PC. It's what I have the space for and I am in desperate need of a laptop anyway. Which laptops would meet the system requirements? Thank you so much.

    submitted by /u/IAMLOCUSTF2U
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I buy a grounded USB phone/tablet charger? preferably higher than 5W.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 07:13 AM PDT

    Is there such thing as walkie-talkie radios with bluetooth headsets?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 09:04 AM PDT

    Is this a thing? I'd like our events team to start using walkie-talkies and have seen others doing them same but the earpieces are always wired. I can't seem to find a wireless or bluetooth earpiece for walkie-talkies -- is this a thing?

    submitted by /u/nmzjum
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung S10 screen protector?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 12:07 PM PDT

    I've bought my wife q few screen protectors for her new S10 and they have a circular section over the in-display fingerprint scanner. My OnePlus 8 has a similar fingerprint scanner, but its screen protector is totally uniform. Just wondering if the S10 screen protectors need the section over the fingerprint scanner?

    submitted by /u/Gloverboy6
    [link] [comments]

    PocoF1

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    My PocoF1 stops charging itself sometimes after 30sec to 5min after starting to charge. Sometimes it doesn't even start to charge. Any thoughts? What should I do?

    submitted by /u/will_1221
    [link] [comments]

    Help! My screenrecording has no audio!

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 08:15 AM PDT

    There seems to be no audio on the screenrecording I created for my online class. How can I get around this issue? I just need the audio for that session. My laptop is a Macbook Pro, macOS Mojave v. 10.14.6.

    Please, thank you!

    submitted by /u/jellyAce97
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment