• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 24, 2020

    Tech Support - Pc keeps shutting down and and on

    Tech Support - Pc keeps shutting down and and on


    Pc keeps shutting down and and on

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 09:48 PM PDT

    Ok so, After I got really mad while playing a game and hit the glass that keeps my monitor not falling, My entire PC froze and then when I tried to turn it back on it turns back on but after that It keeps shutting down and powering up, The lights light up and the fans start spinning but it just keeps doing that forever, How do I solve this

    submitted by /u/jjbomb123
    [link] [comments]

    How to Fake Poor Internet to get out of Google meet?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 12:47 AM PDT

    I use Chrome on Windows 10 for my online classes. I did throttle in chrome developer options, but even when I went offline Google meet was working without any issues. I did open developer options on the same tab as Google meet. I use hotspot from my phone for the internet.

    Also, if you have any other solution to get out of meet, please tell.

    submitted by /u/toshni
    [link] [comments]

    Run a mobile COVID-19 testing operation. Need a hotspot to give all the computers WiFi and let them share a printer. Any suggestions on a setup?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 09:44 AM PDT

    I have 4 teams doing this. Each team has 2 laptops and 1 printer and will have 1 hotspot once I find some. The computers need to be able to connect to a hotspot and print to the printer.

    Ideally the components can be mix and match and it doesn't matter which printer, computers, and hotspot are paired up at a given site. However, if needed, I could group the hardware to keep things consistent and have each set of 2 computers, 1 hotspot, and 1 printer stay together.

    These computers are primarily working with Google Sheets and printing. Not high bandwidth stuff, we just need reliability.

    What have you seen that's similar and what would you suggest for us?

    I would love to use Google Cloud Print if not for it being deprecated :(

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/xxshteviexx
    [link] [comments]

    Does the term "Captive Center" smack of colonialism to you?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 12:25 AM PDT

    Does the term "Captive Center" smack of colonialism to you? I'm asking because in light of all this social conscious movements and the removal of troublesome icons, I was wondering if the term "captive center" is problematic to you?

    submitted by /u/SellingWhileBrown
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use two different GPUs for separate displays?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 12:10 AM PDT

    I just recently upgraded my GTX 1060 to an RTX 2060. My new GPU only has three outputs, one DP, one HDMI, one DVI. I have a separate PC dedicated to an in home media server connected to my television that I used to stream games through steam. My television is 4K but steam only streams in 1080p so while the picture quality is fine, I lose HDR and just the high fidelity of 4K. I already have three monitors connected to my 2060, but could I use my 1060 in tandem and use the HDMI ports to get a display on my television? On top of that, I have a laptop with integrated and dedicated GPUs so could the same technology apply where one GPU is for display while the other is used for rendering? Could I get a picture on my television from my 1060 while using my 2060 as the renderer?

    submitted by /u/SmokeATeaBag
    [link] [comments]

    What is this cable called?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 11:44 PM PDT

    https://www.ebay.com/p/7035664028

    Im referring to the part that connects to the main brick that hooks up to the wall.

    I have the brick that connects to the device just missing that other cord

    submitted by /u/Dymo342
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor goes to sleep after installing new graphics card

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 07:49 PM PDT

    My computer was working fine with my old gpu then i decided to upgrade my graphics card. When i boot my computer the monitor keeps on going to sleep i tried plugging the gpu to vga and dvi and hdmi but nothing works monitor stil keeps going to sleep but when i put my old gpu it works pls someone help i really wanna try to game on my new gpu.

    submitted by /u/YaBoiMarkk
    [link] [comments]

    Sharing internet connection to a desktop from an Ethernet connect to a laptop

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 11:21 PM PDT

    Is it possible to share the wifi connection of the laptop to a desktop via an Ethernet cable. If so how to do it.

    Why? The place where my is desktop can't reach the router. Yes I am planning to buy a wifi card just not now.

    submitted by /u/Nembie
    [link] [comments]

    Putting personal SIM card into corporate phone

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 10:08 PM PDT

    I apologize in advance if this isn't the correct subreddit for this type of questions.If so, kindly tell me this is not the place and I'll delete the post.

    My personal phone is currently a Pixel 3. Not a bad phone at all but I also wouldn't say no to an upgrade.

    My company phone is an iPhone 11 Pro with pretty much the highest available specs. I was provided this phone when I start at my company at the beginning of the year.

    The thing is, I almost never use the company phone. All my contact information I provided to my team is to my personal phone and I even have a work profile on it which allows me to keep my personal and my work information completely separate. I don't even keep the corporate phone charged and when I do charge it from time to time to make sure it's not completely dead, all I get are spam calls.

    You probably see where I'm going with this. Ethical issues aside, if I swap the SIM card from the Pixel 3 to the company provided iPhone 11 Pro, will that cause any issues with my service provider and the company's?

    Not sure if it matters but FWIW, I'm a software engineer at one of the big name tech firms.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/likestonap
    [link] [comments]

    My PC wont use my monitor for audio anymore

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 10:07 PM PDT

    I plugged in headphones and then unplugged them now sound wont come out of the monitor and it won't show up on the sound manager.

    submitted by /u/gtavcsrulez
    [link] [comments]

    Putting personal SIM card into corporate phone

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 10:04 PM PDT

    I apologize in advance if this isn't the correct subreddit for this type of questions.If so, kindly tell me this is not the place and I'll delete the post.

    My personal phone is currently a Pixel 3. Not a bad phone at all but I also wouldn't say no to an upgrade.

    My company phone is an iPhone 11 Pro with pretty much the highest available specs. I was provided this phone when I start at my company at the beginning of the year.

    The thing is, I almost never use the company phone. All my contact information I provided to my team is to my personal phone and I even have a work profile on it which allows me to keep my personal and my work information completely separate. I don't even keep the corporate phone charged and when I do charge it from time to time to make sure it's not completely dead, all I get are spam calls.

    You probably see where I'm going with this. Ethical issues aside, if I swap the SIM card from the Pixel 3 to the company provided iPhone 11 Pro, will that cause any issues with my service provider and the company's?

    Not sure if it matters but FWIW, I'm a software engineer at one of the big name tech firms.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/likestonap
    [link] [comments]

    Skype alternative with pop-out window,

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 09:17 PM PDT

    Hi everybody, does anybody know of any Skype alternatives that have a pop-out/on top window when it's minimized like Skype does? Skype is just such a resource hog now that using it is just a bane, but it does have that one feature that I still find quite useful.

    submitted by /u/yourbritbestfriend
    [link] [comments]

    How do I send exclusive files that are unsharable and in a place you would trust your kids accessing?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I am starting a small business that will involve sharing video files with people who pay for them on a once off payment, not a monthly sub. They are videos aimed at teaching kids, so most likely it will be parents buying them on their email addresses and letting their kids at the content.

    I could send them through wetransfer, but then they can share the files with anyone they want.
    I could share them through a google drive / dropbox / one drive / other folder with view only switched on but then people will need to sign up for google drive etc., and I wouldn't want my kid accessing my google drive etc. folder in case they did something stupid. Plus there could be some sort of GDPR thing for showing names of people or even email addresses for others who are also accessing the folder.

    What other options are out there where a customer can watch the videos without having their kids being in a place that they could potentially mess up like your online drive? But also has the protection of the person not being able to share them freely for others? And doesn't involve the recipient signing up for another service to access the files?

    I'd like to stay away from a private youtube channel as there are tutorials there for EVERYTHING! I'd like it to feel exclusive to my customers.

    submitted by /u/thisischrisob
    [link] [comments]

    Why don't portable ACs have removable water buckets like dehumidifiers?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    My dehumidifier has a removal bucket where the water drips. For manual emptying of water, this is easy to do. Most portable air conditioners that I've looked at has an opening that's supposed to be drained into a drip pan, and doesn't have a removal bucket. What is the reason for this?

    submitted by /u/2ADF379FF404DEEF
    [link] [comments]

    Please help me find this

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 08:52 PM PDT

    Long story short. Im looking for a portable device. I literally only care about to things.

    1. That it runs League of Legends (windows???)

    2. Best battery lifetime possible.

    I dont mind if it's a pc or a tablet. I just want to play lol.

    submitted by /u/acordateboludo
    [link] [comments]

    Simple question, what combo wireless keyboard and mouse have the longest range?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 08:29 PM PDT

    I want to use them basically 10+ feet away from the laptop.. what are my options?

    submitted by /u/weird_foreign_odor
    [link] [comments]

    My name showed up on a complete strangers smartphone when I called him today. How??

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    Android 10 Xiaomi Mi 9T I was out on customer calls today and forgot my work phone in the office. So I used my own to make some calls. As I called my next appointment in the afternoon he answered by saying "Hello, OPs full name. How are you?" When I got to the house he said that he has Smart Call activated on his phone so any numbers in the system show up. There is zero way he would have my personal number. So. How the hell is my personal private number on this system that its showing up on strangers phones but more importantly... How do I remove it??

    Update: it's to do with a new piece of software / app that's called Hiya. Anyone can register a caller in order to help others. To remove your information you need to make a request which I have just done.

    submitted by /u/redwolve378
    [link] [comments]

    ARM v. Power: What's different/better about ARM that Apple went with them instead of Power?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 06:58 AM PDT

    Something inherent to the technology? Licensing? Both?

    submitted by /u/lignarius1
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get safer on the internet

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 04:30 PM PDT

    I started to get interested in coding and all about the loT but I don't know a lot. I'm currently using a dns configuration and have some plugins on chrome for blocking ad tracking, some cookies and pixel trackers.

    submitted by /u/GuaranteeRoyal1254
    [link] [comments]

    How do I install these drivers?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 04:17 PM PDT

    I don't really understand drivers but I heard I should really update my mother board and graphics card drivers on a new gaming pc. How do I get drivers for a Msi AMD Radeon RX 5700 Mech OC and a gigabyte x570 gaming x

    submitted by /u/Schmoodle4999
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to connect my dualshock 4 to my pc (without a bluetooth adaptor) wirelessly?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    Windows 10

    submitted by /u/bigballofpaint
    [link] [comments]

    I'm not sure where to ask... So here goes nothing lol. I plug my ethernet cable in the back of my router and it just flashes amber and connection is about 1/4 of its potential.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 02:51 PM PDT

    Any suggestions. Or perhaps a sub that I should post to?

    submitted by /u/justahandle85
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice for setting up video calling device for grandma!

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    I need to be able to have a low-profile box that can plug into a TV and outlet and webcam, and instantly open a video streaming service.

    My grandma Muriel is in a nursing home that no longer allows visitors due to Covid-19. I haven't seen her in months, and many relatives can't travel across the country. I want to be able to use a raspberry pi to video call with her whenever she wants. However she can barely operate a flip phone. Yes, a flip phone is too hard for her. So there has to be little to no user interference or interface. Ideally if someone wanted to call her, they would go to a certain URL or open a program and it video-calls the raspberry pi.

    A problem with setting up the raspberry pi is that its a guest network (for the nursing home). I believe it needs a browser to click "accept terms of service", and neither the nurses nor my grandmother will remember or be able to set that up every day.

    I also don't think there are any hardwire ethernet ports, which means wifi is the only option.

    (I'll edit if I find out)

    I also imagine I'll need to be able to remotely access it in case the video feed or something isn't working.

    I don't have a ton of programming knowledge, but I would be open to collaborators or just any advice. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/AzuraZora
    [link] [comments]

    How do I go from wireless to wired internet?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    I have recently moved into a new home, and we are using a different internet service. I mostly use the internet to play games and used to get at most 40ms for ping. However, now I am getting 100ms. Even though it's not horrible, it's not ideal.

    The router+modem are in the living room while I'm at the furthest room possible from it which may explain the slower internet.

    In my room I have a coax outlet, a normal one, and a telephone outlet on the wall.

    I have looked into powerlines, but thought they were too expensive, and it didn't sound like it would solve my problem.

    Is there any way I could use a combination of those to get a faster ping while avoiding an ethernet cable that would run through the whole house?

    I was thinking about getting some kind of cheap (at least not too expensive) device that could use the coax outlet to then transform it into ethernet somehow (idk much about this kind of stuff, so idk if this kind of device exists and if so, if it is out in the market).

    Thanks a lot in advance.

    submitted by /u/Lululipes
    [link] [comments]

    How can I correct the “Safari cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server” error on iPhone 11 Safari app?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 11:06 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment