• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 25, 2020

    Tech Support - Any good earbuds that don’t hurt like hell when you lay on your side?

    Tech Support - Any good earbuds that don’t hurt like hell when you lay on your side?


    Any good earbuds that don’t hurt like hell when you lay on your side?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:09 AM PDT

    I often listen to music before I fall asleep, and I love putting in earbuds to listen to said music. However, I am a side sleeper, and any generic pair always end up bruising the insides on my ears when I lay on my side. I hate the mono sound of only one earbud, and I have always fantasized about a pair that comfortably allow me to drift of to sleep with my favorite tunes playing. Please help!

    submitted by /u/hot-dog-down-a-hall
    [link] [comments]

    Unknown voice message on iPhone

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 12:43 PM PDT

    So I went into my voice recordings app (which I don't usually use) and saw there was a recently deleted voice memo. I didn't remember taking any voice recordings and then deleting them. There was one from the 2nd of June and it said "Yooo uhhh hello?" In a slightly American accent (I live in Britain) it seemed to be a male voice and also sounded quite young, like maybe 14-19 years? I can't find any other signs of hacking on my phone. Super confused and freaked out, would be grateful if anyone could help.

    submitted by /u/acaschere
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a piece of technology; An adapter that i can plug into my car so that i can use household items like an electric fan or a toaster, for example? I’m going to need to live out of my car for the next couple months and being able to use my microwave would be amazing!

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 06:15 PM PDT

    Best email tracking service that works with attachments.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 10:39 PM PDT

    Was using Mailtrack for the longest time when I sent out emails. I usually fill up my emails with 3 MP3s which ends up being just below 15MB, the Gmail attachment limit. I also valued seeing who opened these emails as I'm a producer who values when an artist opens my email with my beat and potientially uses it for a song.

    Ever since Mailtrack put a limit of 3MB on the size of the attachments on tracked emails, I haven't been able to find a free alternative. Can someone help me find a tracker that works with attachments?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Thecoolsurdy
    [link] [comments]

    Which Pro photo vault should I invest in?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    Hey everyone!

    I currently have a dilemma on which Pro service I should invest on. There are two options on my list. First is Private Photo Vault by Legendary Software Labs LLC and second 1Gallery by todayweather.co. I have used Private Photo Vault ( free version ) since 1 year and just started using 1Gallery a week back.

    In terms of money, both are equally same. In terms of functionality, both are good but prefer the sleek interface of 1Gallery.

    So should I buy Private Photo Vault which is there in the market since a long time or give a shot to a newer app called 1Gallery. Also, I want it for the long run.

    Using an Android phone. Anyone using both Pro version can share their thoughts on it will be much appreciated!

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/jinwei911
    [link] [comments]

    Future of Streaming

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 09:11 PM PDT

    Does anyone think the future of entertainment will be streamed like Louis CK's latest special was (individually put out onto a website where you could pay a fee to view it)?

    submitted by /u/whit_313
    [link] [comments]

    Is my ex spying on me?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 08:35 PM PDT

    So my ex was here last weekend to visit our son and I wasn't around much and I just noticed that his email is synced to google chrome on my laptop. I removed his email months ago. What all can someone access with their email in chrome?

    submitted by /u/gracefullygoinplaces
    [link] [comments]

    Good first gaming laptop?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 02:23 PM PDT

    Looking at gaming laptops need a second opinion. Any type just something new and smooth. Any price range

    submitted by /u/Djwalkz
    [link] [comments]

    How to Set up a log in service?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 08:08 PM PDT

    I work for a non-profit and we are ordering some new computers. We want to add a log in system to these computers kind of like the ones they have at schools and libraries where you have to input a user/password to enter into the computer and access. I want to know what this kind of log in system is called and where I can look to implement this kind of system. This is well out of my area of expertise so I would appreciate any help. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/mrunderside
    [link] [comments]

    SD cards and meta data

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    I am a relative layman regarding SD cards and meta data, however I need to make a statement regarding meta data. Does the following statement make sense or is it factually incorrect in any way?

    "Meta data is, as stated, data about data. While I am no expert on the subject I believe the following may assist. When data is upload to an SD card the card is automatically assigned a unique reference number (this is the metadata). When this card is then reused extra data is added and a new metadata number is assigned. Any addition or subtraction of data alters the metadata number. In order to assess whether the SD card has been 'manipulated', which is inflammatory term xxxx prefers to use, a regular account of these metadata reference numbers needs to be accounted for. Therefore, it is my belief that simply to supply the SD to see if 'metadata' shows whether the card has been 'manipulated' would be incorrect."

    Many thanks in advance for any help.

    submitted by /u/Jimbobmij
    [link] [comments]

    Can copy-pasted text contain hidden data?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 01:24 PM PDT

    I was filling out a copy-paste meme on bookface a few days ago and I kept getting suggestions to tag numerous people and places I'd never heard of as I was clicking my way around the pasted text. It's apparent I copied information about others who had done the same before me, but how and why is that hidden in the copied text, and more importantly, is there anything that can be taken from that data beyond knowing that particular users have posted about foods they like to eat?

    submitted by /u/FeculentUtopia
    [link] [comments]

    Can I recover a file that has been deleted from a shared link?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 06:10 PM PDT

    A friend sent me and a bunch of other users a link to a video. Unfortunately he then deleted it before I could save the video and has broken off contact. Now when I click the link it says that it has expired. Is there any kind of site or software that could pick up the original file?

    submitted by /u/DReager1
    [link] [comments]

    Say I want to use a computer for gaming, but am concerned about a service being able to see the files on my computer, is there a way (besides encryption) to block those files from being seen by all, but me?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    Well, sensitive data should be encrypted. I'm talking about family images, financial information (not technically sensitive, but important), and things of that nature. Essentially, I don't want online services being able to build a profile of me or be able to bug a certain part of my hard drive. I know you could just take all the hard drives out with that information, but that becomes more tedious with more hardware (I'm pushing 8 HDs).

    Here would be the most basic solution: how would I deny all, but my SSD access to the web, so if there was a leak only my SSD would be affected?

    submitted by /u/WritingGold
    [link] [comments]

    Dead RAM on desktop Upgrade to new ram or buy different better RAM (2/4 slots)

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 04:06 PM PDT

    Hi. So I think part of my RAM is dead (2 sticks, at 80% memory idle). There are 2x8 GB 1600 DRR3 ram sticks (I have 4 slots). Would it be better to get 2x8 more 1600 of the same type of stick, or get 2x8 more 2133 DDR3 sticks? Yes my motherboard could do either.

    If I go with the second plan, should I keep the old sticks in or just completley use the new ones.

    submitted by /u/cracktop2727
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a service for a non-VOIP online phone number I can use for authentication into Netflix/Hulu/etc.?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 11:44 AM PDT

    I want to set up a phone number online that receives texts. I am the primary account holder for some streaming services, and often my family needs a One Time Password that gets sent to my phone. Is there a service (paid or not) that can do this?

    VIOP often dont work.

    submitted by /u/NotAnADC
    [link] [comments]

    Transferring a file through different companies' software

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 11:27 AM PDT

    Can anyone tell me an easy way to take a picture with my Apple iPhone, upload it to my Amazon Photos storage, download it to my Microsoft-based PC and then trying to email it with my Google Gmail to someone? I appreciate the qualities all 4 companies provide, however it seems like I need to choose just one for all of my needs? Maybe I'm just getting old....

    submitted by /u/hoagiesngrynders
    [link] [comments]

    What are some reasons why a progress bar in a bit torrent client would fail to update?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 09:05 AM PDT

    I'm looking for possible causes that would result in a situation where a progress bar would still read 0%, even though the file was finished downloading and was in fact seeding. Apologies if there is a better place to ask this question.

    submitted by /u/EyesForward99
    [link] [comments]

    Help plz

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 01:34 PM PDT

    I recently bought an ASUS Vivobook 14 and it's working fine. The fan is on the right side and it's blow nice cool air. The left side usually heats up a bit, is this normal?

    submitted by /u/NickA1107
    [link] [comments]

    Why don't motherboard manufacturers put on I/O skills shields by default?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    Skill was just autocorrect

    submitted by /u/KvoDon
    [link] [comments]

    New Motherboard and CPU, same storage drives

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 12:01 PM PDT

    I am upgrading my cpu and motherboard but not sure how to go about windows as i know the drivers will be different for the new MB so i know i will have to re-install. My question is: how do i keep the same storage drives but re-install windows to it on the new system?

    submitted by /u/ceb2312
    [link] [comments]

    How to help people in meeting who have trouble hearing.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 11:36 AM PDT

    I sit on a board where a member is very hard of hearing. Obviously hearing aids would help, but it's not my place.

    Is there some kind of inexpensive (we are a non-profit) technology that could somehow help this individual? A speech to text solution for meetings perhaps?

    submitted by /u/Mister_Kurtz
    [link] [comments]

    Do you guys think an RTX 3080 would be bottlenecked by an i5-9600Kf ?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    everything's in the title ...

    submitted by /u/the_Galbert
    [link] [comments]

    How does bitcoin work? How do you mine bitcoin? Can you mine bitcoin for free? Please explain.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 08:56 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment