• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 23, 2020

    Tech Support - Red Light Camera Interfering With Bluetooth Headphones

    Tech Support - Red Light Camera Interfering With Bluetooth Headphones


    Red Light Camera Interfering With Bluetooth Headphones

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    Hi there! I've been experiencing an issue recently and I think I've sort of narrowed down the culprit, but I'd like to know if anyone has additional input or expertise in this area.

    I've tried three different types/makes of wireless Bluetooth headphones while walking around to listen to music or podcasts. I find that outside, no matter what type of Bluetooth headset I'm using, it randomly starts cutting out. The device remains paired, but the audio signal cuts out for 2 or 3 seconds and it happens in blasts where it cuts out repeatedly for almost a minute.

    I soon realized it only happens at one intersection that sits on my usual walking route. I did an experiment where I stood there for about 15 minutes and I realized it ONLY cuts out when the north-south lights were red. When the north-south lights turned green the audio issues instantly stop. The issue returns when the N/S lights turn back red.

    There is a traffic camera unit on the south-east corner to catch people vehicles running reds when heading north or south.

    Is it possible that:

    1. The red light camera uses IR or some other signal that is cutting through whatever frequency Bluetooth uses?
    2. That this could be brought up and used as an argument against red light cameras? With signals blasting out at amplitudes/frequencies that can disrupt other tech, does this not pose possible safety, security hazards (assuming a device more critical than headphones were somehow affected)?
    3. It is something else?

    Here's an image to show exactly what type of camera unit is installed, and a really rudimentary MSPaint diagram showing the intersection layout: Image Link

    Any help is greatly appreciated!

    *******UPDATE: The signal does cut out when the E/W red light is on, but only when cars are turning in the intersection. So the camera must trigger with any car moving through the intersection.

    submitted by /u/m_tanton
    [link] [comments]

    Any good PC's with 8gb of ram at 100$?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 04:16 AM PDT

    Why does our internet lag with video calls but not streaming or online gaming?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 04:03 AM PDT

    My partners mum, who we live with, has convinced herself that our internet is slow. The only thing she does with it is online shop and occasional video call with the latter being the main problem due to video buffering etc. I play a decent amount of online games and stream occasional movies and have never encountered lagging or buffering consistently like she seems to.

    Could anyone give me a clue why this could be happening? I'd like to be able to explain it to her but I'm genuinely stumped. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Bewitch_Me
    [link] [comments]

    What is causing my stuttering in games?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 04:00 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I have recently built a new pc, and when I join a game the ram usage goes above 80%, and power usage and power usage trend stays on very high the whole time, also when I go in Google Chrome ram usage is 40%, I don't know what is the problem and what pc part should I upgrade, the game doesn't lag the whole time my fps is very good but it causes micro stutters hat are really annoying when you're gaming.

    Those are my specs:

    Ryzen 5 2600 3,6 Ghz 6 Cores 12 Threads,

    GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDddr5

    RAM: 8GB 3200MHZ Single Channel

    HDD: 500GB

    SSD: none

    PSU: I don't know the wattage but the power supply is working fine.

    MOB: Asus Prime A320M-k MicroATX

    submitted by /u/erixxxxxxxxxxx
    [link] [comments]

    Can I get keylogged through a bluetooth keyboard?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 03:05 AM PDT

    I bought a cheap Chinese keyboard to use my laptop my couch, will it be able to keylog and record my keystrokes?

    submitted by /u/9to5till65
    [link] [comments]

    Can I get Alexa to say half an hour instead of thirty minutes?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 01:32 AM PDT

    So my dad loves using Alexa for reminders nowadays. Turn off the hot water in half an hour etc. It's an absolute god send for someone with his dreadful memory and saves me chasing him up on things. Then he always mocks Alexa for saying "ok, I will remind you in 30 minutes". Is there anything I can do to get her to say half an hour, purely to see the look on his face. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/2190038
    [link] [comments]

    What do you call this blue strip part?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 09:51 PM PDT

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/304630942260002816/717800937149693962/20200603_183300.jpg

    While trying to clean my laptop, this blue strip lost its stickiness on the plug. i didn't mind it at first but it seems that it's required for it to work. What do you call this thing? and is it possible to stick it back with glue or something else?

    submitted by /u/Yamigosaya
    [link] [comments]

    The same random phone number keeps calling, then just beeps when I answer it, any idea what it could be?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 09:47 PM PDT

    I answer, and it goes "beep" then waits a couple seconds, then beeps real loud again. Over and over. Any idea what it might be?

    submitted by /u/imimpress
    [link] [comments]

    What is a kiosk software? And where are they used commonly?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 09:28 PM PDT

    Can you ever get deleted iPhone photos back?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 08:09 PM PDT

    I was wondering if it's possible to get back photos and videos that have been permanently deleted? Looking for some things about a year ago that I deleted. I have changed iPhones but my apple account is the same. Don't have iCloud but would be willing to pay for software if it is guaranteed.

    submitted by /u/sanddude1765
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to figure how to run my new Corsair RGB tower fans.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 08:03 PM PDT

    I bought a new Tower about a month back, and have been through a process of integrating full RGB to most of my tech, however i can't seem to figure out how exactly i am suppose to run the RGB in the fans on my tower without an RGB header on my MOBO, I have talked to a friend that knows a bit about computer hardware, and he has told me the cooler master pro was the best bet, however i later found out it is apparently only compatible with Cooler Master fans (or at least this is what i have been told)

    I purchased the Commander pro from corsair only to discover it doesn't support RGB, and then returned it. I was convinced by a different friend that it does support RGB prior.

    A few other controllers have peeked my interest but a fair some of negative reviews with most of them has discouraged me from purchasing them, it would seem the cheaper controllers are unreliable, but it would also seem that those are more widely available in my area, the only other one i can seem to get is the cooler master (But as stated above i have been told it isn't compatible, and also i would have to drive to the other side of my city to get it).

    I have been considering upgrading my motherboard, but it is honestly a great mobo outside of lacking an RGB header, and i don't really want to go through the stress of figuring out compatibility or pricing just for a header, but its still an option.

    I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could give me some suggestions of what is reliable and what will work, it has become a little bit stressful trying to figure this out.

    The case is the Corsair Carbide Series Spec-DELTA RGB, not sure what the fans inside are specifically.

    submitted by /u/StoutyTTT
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know a good way to find out when an out of stock items goes back in stock if the store website doesn't have a notification option?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    Computer had a clean wipe and OS reinstall. Problems went away, but reappeared in a couple of months. Is the hard drive dying?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 06:57 PM PDT

    Edited to add: problems were it would randomly slow down or freeze entirely.

    submitted by /u/dickcheney600
    [link] [comments]

    Ethernet cord speed vs. Wifi

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    Would an cat5 ethernet cord be faster than google mesh or amazon eero? Im looking to speed up my internet, but im also using an ethernet cord and am looking to become wireless.

    submitted by /u/Chronoxsoul
    [link] [comments]

    Radio Disassembly

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 06:14 PM PDT

    https://streamable.com/p5fzjq

    I was wondering if I would be able to take this apart for parts. It has some warnings on it, but I was wondering if it would be okay if I took this apart while it was unplugged.

    submitted by /u/yall-trash-bud
    [link] [comments]

    Test SMS from the UK to the US

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 07:56 AM PDT

    I am looking to test my American cell phone's (T-Mobile) ability to get an SMS message from the United Kingdom. Ideas about how to accomplish that?

    submitted by /u/hummusimful
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a significant different between restarting a computer and turning it off then on?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 05:22 PM PDT

    Is there a significant different between: * Restarting a computer * Turning it off then on

    I usually put my computer to sleep/hibernate, and if I need feel it needs to be started again, restart it. Is there any reason I should turn if off, then on again?

    submitted by /u/2ADF379FF404DEEF
    [link] [comments]

    Reddit App keeps logging me out

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 12:17 PM PDT

    Since I use Lineage OS on my Android Phone, the Reddit App logs me out everytime I restart or turn off my Phone. Is it normal? Is there anything I can do to avoid this? Other Social Media Apps never log me out after restarting so why Reddit?

    submitted by /u/zFX02_TM
    [link] [comments]

    Specific Communication Platform

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 03:41 PM PDT

    So I have an interpreting agency and I'm expanding into remote services. I'm hoping there's a communication platform that meets some specific needs:

    1. Ability for clients and contractors to connect on phone or video calls in without the necessity of personal numbers
    2. Ability to track and keep records of call lengths for billing purposes
    3. Ideally a service that has integrated mass group-based texting, auto-generated from a submission form or something similar

    #3 isn't a deal-breaker as I can think of alternative methods to achieve the same goal, but it'd be nice if it was all together. I know this may very well not exist (or may be blindingly obvious), but I'm just really out of my depth with technology and a little nonplussed by all the services/platforms that exist. Also, first time posting here so please LMK if this is the wrong sub for this. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Ginobilesse-Oblige
    [link] [comments]

    CATx dual monitor 4:4:4 KVM extender with USB, Audio and Mic

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 11:52 AM PDT

    Hello AskTechnology,

    I'm apparently looking for something that doesn't exist.

    I need to move my gaming PC out of the office into the garage but maintain my peripherals in the office (severe space/noise/heat limitations in the office). I can route CATx cabling directly between the two locations.

    I have dual monitors, mouse, keyboard, headphones and mic. Fairly typical setup. I am not able to find a KVM extender that can transmit all that to/from the PC in anything with decent resolution.

    The ATEN CE604 is essentially exactly the configuration I need but its resolution is poor. There are several devices out there that can do it with single monitors. I'm pondering going with one of those and then getting a different, simpler extender to push the second monitor. Not sure how well that would work.

    Does anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Shoop83
    [link] [comments]

    How are you supposed to receive a 2-step verification code?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 02:20 PM PDT

    I just set up 2 step verification on my google account and on step 2/3 I got a code from this random contact and the massage started like this G- (insert code here). I got the code and it worked so I didn't seem suspicious but I wonder who should send it and how it should look like. If anyone can walk me through a little bit that would be amazing! if you want any details feel free to ask.

    submitted by /u/Kris-the-midge
    [link] [comments]

    Connecting work Macbook and Personal Desktop PC to single monitor. Advice needed!

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    Hi! I recently received a 2019 Macbook Pro for work and am trying to figure out the optimal way to use it. I have a small home office and need an efficient solution. Basically my gaming PC is connected to a 4k monitor via HDMI, and uses standard USB mouse/keyboard. Ideally I could connect my Macbook to the same monitor, mouse, and keyboard and "toggle" between the 2.

    From what I am reading, a KVM switch seems like what I need but I have a few questions:

    1. Would I need a docking station for the Mac in addition to the KVM?
    2. Will connecting my mouse and keyboard to the KVM result in any lag/response issues? Mainly I'm concerned about input lag when using my gaming PC.
    3. Any recommendations for the KVM would be appreciated ( https://www.amazon.com/AAO-Wireless-Keyboard-Supported-Specification/dp/B07SQP84TF/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=KVM+4K&qid=1592857468&s=pc&sr=1-7 is the one I was considering).

    Thank you for any guidance here!

    EDIT: I would also like to be able to have the Mac function as a 2nd monitor when it is connected.

    submitted by /u/isthisoptional
    [link] [comments]

    dvd to usb?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 09:13 AM PDT

    i have a dvd with menus and chapters.

    i want to copy the files in the dvd to my usb.

    for that i converted the files on the DVD to mp4. All the videos were present but the menus got deleted.

    how can i convert my dvd files (ifo, vob, bup) to any format without losing menus

    or

    is there any other way to copy to usb

    submitted by /u/samxdsoza
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my phone get so hot when I use Google Chrome?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone 6 (a dinosaur I know) but this phone seems to run completely fine, until I look something up. I only have two or three tabs open (at MAXIMUM) at a time.

    I've also noticed on my slightly older Lenovo laptop whenever I use Chrome, pages will "load" but all I get is the black-slate-gray color of the dark mode background.

    Tl;Dr: why my phone hot on chrome?

    submitted by /u/Gimmicke
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment