• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 14, 2020

    Tech Support - What will happen if my I charge my phone from my laptop charger?

    Tech Support - What will happen if my I charge my phone from my laptop charger?


    What will happen if my I charge my phone from my laptop charger?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 09:48 PM PDT

    Phone: HTC U11

    Laptop: Lenovo Yoga S730

    charger: adlx65yc3a

    The phone supposedly has Qualcomm Quick charge 3.0. The laptop charger says something like 20V-3.25A/15V -3A/9V-2A/5V-2A (except instead of a "-" symbol it's a equal sign where the lower line is dotted

    It's currently plugged into a 2.5V power brick and says "charging (slowly)"

    submitted by /u/cygnettbatterydied
    [link] [comments]

    Razor siren background noise

    Posted: 14 Apr 2020 04:10 AM PDT

    I've got the original Razor Siren and as much as I love this mic, those that I play with complain about how easy it picks up background noise. Does anyone have any hardware or software suggestions that could help with this? I'm relatively green when it comes to boom mics.

    submitted by /u/Remp12
    [link] [comments]

    What are some privacy and security concerns with the Apple/Google virus tracking project?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    How do I hide the navigation keys in fullscreen mode in chrome (android mobile)...

    Posted: 14 Apr 2020 01:46 AM PDT

    I was watching a series and this navigation keys in the right is causing a real distraction as you can see in this screenshot.

    https://i.ibb.co/f9wDbKY/2020-04-14.jpg

    Edit: I just figured a way, there is an option of Navigation Gestures instead of Navigation Keys, its little complicated to get used to these gestures tho.... is there any other method to hide keys while playing video in chrome.

    submitted by /u/feroz2020
    [link] [comments]

    38 =tech?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 09:19 PM PDT

    I am 38 years old. I am considering going to UoP software engineer program. I have never worked in technology. I find it interests me and I think I would do well. How do I get my experience before I graduate? And how long will it be till I make 85k a year? Can someone help?

    submitted by /u/Stephen_AZ
    [link] [comments]

    Best software to stream local video to web browsers, with playback control?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    I'd like to host some sort of virtual video party with friends. I'm looking for software where I (or someone else) hosts some sort of web server and loads a video file, and the file then streams to anyone connected to the website while the host controls playback.

    It'd work something like plex, (a plex server can be accessed from any browser without extra software), but plex doesn't currently have a setup for casting a single viewing to several devices.

    I've found synclounge, but this requires the clients to have some kind of actual plex player and plex account. Syncplay is close but requires all clients to have the local file.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/andanotherlurker
    [link] [comments]

    What's the cheapest way to get WWE Network onto my dumb TV?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    I have a 65" Sceptre dumb TV. I also have a Nintendo Switch which is apparently worthless for this endeavor. I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus.

    I want WWE Network to be cast on my TV. Apparently, my options are as follows:

    PlayStation 4 don't have

    Xbox One don't have

    Android Devices - I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus

    Apple iPhones & iPads don't have any Apple anything

    Computers ‐ PC & Mac - I have a PC

    LG Smart TV no smart TV

    Samsung Smart TV no smart TV

    Sony Android TV - what's this?

    Amazon Fire TV - how expensive?

    Android TV - do I need to pay to use this?

    Apple TV no Apple

    Google Chromecast - what's this?

    Roku - how expensive?

    Give then options, can you tell me which is the cheapest to use? I'd love if it were free, but barring that just want to know what my best option is. I also presume that each option is of the same picture quality? If not could you let me know? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Cultural_Reception
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with abusive ex

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 11:51 PM PDT

    So recently my sister broke up with her abusive boyfriend. I called her to ask her a question, and he picked up. I was very confused because I knew they weren't together and she told me her phone calls were being forwarded to his phone.

    We checked all the settings and call forwarding is off as well as anything else I found online. is there something else it could be? If you know anything about this or can be of any help please let me know!

    submitted by /u/pstew11
    [link] [comments]

    Do people use VR to watch Netflix?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 09:54 PM PDT

    My monitor isn’t working

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 09:39 PM PDT

    I have a question because I know there's some computer nerds in this. I have a gaming laptop and when it's not plugged into a monitor it gets 144+ frames but the second I plug it into my 60hz monitor the FPS instantly drops to 30. Can anyone help me?

    submitted by /u/chargerbtw
    [link] [comments]

    I Want To Learn A Software Programming Language at home

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 08:15 AM PDT

    What is a good single but a bit simple Language to learn at home that can allow to make apps and small games on desktop? i want just one or two, I dont like how in programming you have to know so many languages and frameworks, is there something i can just learn with one language or two at most with one framework?

    submitted by /u/IndianGuy30
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I get software to make someone on screen say what I type?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 07:57 PM PDT

    HDMI Splitter? Help!

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 06:51 PM PDT

    I need help ! So, I have 2 monitors for my PC, now i want to connect my PS4 to one monitor without having to swap my HDMI cable each time i want to use it. Do i get an hdmi splitter to make it work? or is it just not possible ?

    submitted by /u/_milkteabunny_
    [link] [comments]

    Segurazo

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 04:59 PM PDT

    My brother tried downloading a mod for Minecraft BE and of course a virus cane with it, being segurazo. It won't let me uninstall it however, anyone know how I can?

    submitted by /u/thevoids2277
    [link] [comments]

    Switching SIM cards with phones

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    I was wondering if I could put my SIM card from my Note 8 into my new Iphone 11 and still be on my current plan with TMobile and basically have no issues?

    Btw, I did not get the Note 8 from TMobile, but from Ebay and the current SIM card that I have was from my mothers phone.

    submitted by /u/HeartofLion5
    [link] [comments]

    Friends are making fun of me for unplugging my PC during thunderstorm

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 12:34 PM PDT

    Basically today around 4 pm there was a thunderstorm so I said that there is a thunderstorm on discord and disconnected. When I came back around a hour later they started making fun of me and said that "Don't you have a lighting conductor?" , " Surge protector will protect PC" and "There is almost no chance that the lighting will strike my pc". Are they stupid or am I?

    submitted by /u/Sectorion
    [link] [comments]

    Phone I was given ghost calls when turned on.

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 04:19 PM PDT

    If my phone dies and I turn it back on, I can hear ringing and/or a dialtone coming from it. It randomly stops at some point. What is it? The phone isnt currently activated. No indication that the phone is making a call other than hearing the dial tone.

    submitted by /u/Aezthetics
    [link] [comments]

    How do I stop Twitch from using my keyboard's media buttons?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 03:50 PM PDT

    I'm using the dedicated client/program/app, NOT Chrome.

    submitted by /u/derpa_games
    [link] [comments]

    Overly complicated tech tutorials for an essay

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 09:41 AM PDT

    Hi, I need to write something for my expository writing assignment. I want to write a tutorial on how to do something tech related, something that took you way too long to do. wether that be a repair guide, or how to change a setting. Something really complicated with a lot of steps. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/LukeZeNoob
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people say to buy ca. 550w+ PSU when my PC with high-end cpu and mid-gpu uses up ~120watts? That is monitor and peripheral devices included.

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    I was stunned when I hooked my PC (and everything with it) up to a power meter.

    Arent PSUs for the common user vastly overpowered? Sure, the motherboard could sustain x amount of harddrives, PCI-e cards and whatnot so I don't doubt that in theory it's possible to get close to those numbers but for 99% of users commonly suggested and bought PSUs seem vastly overblown.

    submitted by /u/MOMjvHG5Ynq9zZuunLXu
    [link] [comments]

    Portable external SSD drive for senior citizen

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 12:46 PM PDT

    Hello, and apologies if I'm posting to the wrong sub!

    I'd like to get my father a portable external hard drive to use as storage for his photos and documents. Right now he has everything stored on his PC, which has been acting up and I'm worried he'll lose everything. Would you be able to recommend an appropriate portable external SSD drive model?

    My father used to be comfortable with home computers. But he's had a few mild strokes and has lost some understanding of the concepts and gets frustrated easily. He's also lost some speech ability, so has trouble using the correct words or describing problems.

    I live in another country, so can't sit next to him to show him how to use the drive. He doesn't own a smartphone, so can't take photos of his set-up or show problems.

    Details:

    * I know SSDs are more expensive, but would prefer something more durable and long-lasting. I'm very worried a normal drive would fail over time. Also worried his hands will be shaking more as he gets older. Would like to buy something only once.

    * Think he's on Windows 10, but not 100% sure.

    * Not sure what type of USB port, but suspect it's older like 2.0.

    * 1 TB minimum

    * Plug and play; no formatting required.

    * It'll be to store photos and documents only. It won't be used for programs or computer backups. I just want him to be able to drag and drop a folder from his PC to the drive.

    * Don't want a cloud solution.

    Thank you! Any and all advice appreciated.

    submitted by /u/porfibach
    [link] [comments]

    segurazo software not able to uninstall

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    on my laptop i am not able to uninstall segurazo software. what should i do

    submitted by /u/shahnisush
    [link] [comments]

    Google enable Region log in blacklist?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    Hey Redditors.

    Does google have a feature to block log in attempts from regions.

    Example: Cannot log in from China or Russia.

    Just want to cut down on the attempted log in attemps from hackers.

    submitted by /u/Sargment
    [link] [comments]

    Track my Brother

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 09:57 AM PDT

    Hi I know this is out of topic but I reallu really need you help. My brother hasnt gone home it and its been 12 hours and we couldn't contact him anymore. I only have his phone number. Please help me track him 😭😭😭

    submitted by /u/UnlovedByEveryone
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment