• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 12, 2020

    Tech Support - Help

    Tech Support - Help


    Help

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 04:52 AM PDT

    I accidentally clicked on a website and now an entire page of my calendar is filled with reminders reminding me to visit scam gifts websites. Though I've already deleted them I'm afraid of them getting my personal information. What should I do

    submitted by /u/dreamy_child
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to digitally sketch for remote meetings. What hardware?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 10:11 PM PDT

    I work remote and have realized if I could quickly sketch ideas out during remote calls, everyone would be on the same page about the topic at hand. What tablet do I need for this? Any suggestions? I work on a mac

    submitted by /u/twentiesforever
    [link] [comments]

    My WiFi adapter for my laptop has stopped working, how do I fix it?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 02:46 AM PDT

    My laptop wouldn't connect to the internet so I did a troubleshoot and it said it had detected a problem in the driver or hardware of the adapter. Is there anyway I can fix it myself or do I need to take it elsewhere?

    submitted by /u/mybrainismassive
    [link] [comments]

    Updated firmware for my Asus RT-AC88U now it’s bricked

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 06:27 PM PDT

    So upgraded the firmware to my Asus RT—AC88U, restarted it, and now it's bricked.

    I've tried resetting it, nothing.

    Power comes on, but I cannot log into it, the log in page isn't showing up.

    When I turn the unit on, the power light ya the only thing which lights up. The lan ports don't seem to work either. Was all working fine before I updated.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/irish_chippy
    [link] [comments]

    Wanting to buy a new tv

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 09:36 PM PDT

    I was wanting to buy a small 30-35 inch tv, which brand is the best?

    submitted by /u/ohhdela
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 7 Pro vs Asus ROG Phone 2

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    Title. My front-runner for a new phone choice has been the OP7Pro, but I just came across the Asus ROG Phone 2, that monster.

    So far the specs are as follows (Asus left, OP right):

    Refresh rate: 120Hz vs 90Hz RAM: 8GB vs 8GB Storage: 128GB vs 128GB Fingerprint scanner: in-display vs in-display Headphone jack: Yes vs No Professor: 855 Plus vs 855 Rear cameras: 48MP+13MP vs 48MP+16MP+8MP Front camera: 24MP vs 16MP Battery: 6000mAh vs 4000mAh Display size: 6.59" vs 6.67" Headphone jack: Yes vs No Audio system: DTS Sound vs Dolby Atmos Rear LED: Yes, No Screen resolution: 1080x2340 vs 1440x3120

    I'm seeing some stuff on this crappy website about the OP7Pro having "multi-touch" with its touch screen which the Asus doesn't have but I'm not sure what it's referring to.

    Anyway, what do you think is the better option?

    submitted by /u/User_DJ
    [link] [comments]

    What are some really good long-term solid state storage mediums?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    I want to make a backup of all my files, but I'm not a fan of the fact that HDDs have moving parts. Are there any solid-state options that are great for data storage long-term? Preferably I'd like some sort of memory card device.

    submitted by /u/Timtronic125
    [link] [comments]

    Possible Causes for slowed internet

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    I just got fibre so was looking to see my new connection speeds. With my laptop I would get around 30Mbps however using the same wifi adapter(one of the USB ones) i would only get around 1Mbps on my PC. Why would this be?

    submitted by /u/official_im_baby
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to trace back a paysafe card?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 07:04 PM PDT

    A scammer used paysafe cards.

    Some were purchased digitally, is it possible to trace them back?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/blazethatfreezes
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for USB-C Laptop Dock

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for affordable docks for a dual monitor setup. I saw some on amazon but they didn't have charging capabilities as well which my dock at work has. I see the one I have at work is a Lenovo thinkpad dock and is like 270 dollars. I was wondering if there are much more affordable ones? Preferably just hdmi/dvi support instead of displayport (otherwise converters needed!). Thanks!

    submitted by /u/PirateIsh
    [link] [comments]

    How do I increase the speed in which I receive emails?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 04:23 PM PDT

    I have my settings set to push notification immediately to my phone however my classmate is receiving emails about 1 minute earlier?

    submitted by /u/Nesquick19
    [link] [comments]

    Phone or Tablet ideal for leaving plugged in all the time,

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    Hi /r/AskTechnology,

    I have a few ideas for how a phone that sits around idling on a dock all day could be helpful. I had a prototype Note 4 that lasted about a year and was nice for this purpose, but eventually the battery inflated. Could you recommend me a device that is designed to be used in this way, or a way to ask google for this device?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/cute_spider_avatar
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop/small PC to use with USB C / Thunderbolt dock.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    I have a couple of Dell USB C docks (D6000 and WD19). I love how I can connect one cable from it to my laptop and have all my accessories connected as well as power up my laptop.

    But that is my work laptop, I'm looking for an inexpensive way to connect a different PC to the same docks and have all my accessories available.

    I look at laptops, but how do I know if they will be compatible? I think I need to look for Thunderbolt 3, are there any low cost laptops that will work?

    I was also wondering if I could get a NUC or other small PC and have that work? Maybe power would not work, but the rest will?

    The personal PC is for light gaming only(Cities Skylines), no need to power Farcry at 90FPS.

    submitted by /u/Oraclec2
    [link] [comments]

    Resources for a college project: future of human/machine interface

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 08:42 AM PDT

    Hi reddit! For my final project I chose to discuss the future of human/machine interface.

    I chose this topic because it is very peculiar that speed bottlenecks have mainly been addressed through the silicone; we all mainly interact with our information via QWERTY keyboards! (Based on the typewriter which was patented in 1829!!!)

    My belief is that the issue no longer resides in the speed of our hardware but instead in the time it takes for information to be consumed and/or contributed by humans—

    The tech industry apparently thinks that AI and machine learning is the answer to this issue, but as you may know, AI is a controversial subject.

    I feel if there were more resources allocated toward the research of better/faster means of human/computing interface... there would be no need for artificial intelligence in the potentially-Sci-fi-scary sense.

    This post was pretty vague but If anyone has stumbled across any resources that you feel may apply to my ideas please share them! And the floor is open to discussions as well. Have a great day everyone!

    submitted by /u/brianjc87
    [link] [comments]

    Realme X2 Pro vs OnePlus 7 Pro?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 06:31 AM PDT

    Title. Anyone got any input on which is the better choice?

    I'm aware that both have an in-display fingerprint scanner but the OnePlus 7 Pro also has a face scanner. I've seen that the OnePlus 7 Pro unlocks using the fingerprint scanner in 0.3 seconds but I'm unsure about the Realme X2 Pro. As for cameras, it seems the Realme X2 Pro wins, but I'm not sure. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/User_DJ
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment