• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 11, 2020

    Tech Support - I need to break my computer but not too much

    Tech Support - I need to break my computer but not too much


    I need to break my computer but not too much

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 07:57 PM PDT

    I really like this guy who works for IT at my huge state college and I wanna talk to him (it's very hard to find him since the college is so big). Can anyone let me know how I can create a problem on my laptop (a macbook) that he can easily solve, but also isn't intuitive so he doesn't think I'm a complete dumbass?

    submitted by /u/FlimsyGlass
    [link] [comments]

    What to do about "hacker?"

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 04:12 AM PDT

    I got an email today on my mail from Spotify that said that my account was logged into today March 11, 2020 but it's very early in the morning is it bullshit what do I do? Are other things comprised? Should I worry? I know sometimes there's nothing to worry about. But another note my Amazon account keeps having the password changed when I go to log in it makes me use a temp. Thanks guys!

    submitted by /u/throwaway34579102
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Google Play Store blocking search results for "Coronavirus" and "Covid 19"?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 12:21 PM PDT

    New monitor

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 02:46 AM PDT

    I want to buy 2 monitors for my laptop to use for school. With having the option to use the monitors later for gaming. My maximum budget is around 225EUR per monitor.

    I do not know which monitor to choose. I am looking for 23.5" or bigger screens with 1920×1080 or better resolutions with more than 75 Hz refresh rate. I like larger screens but I do not want the sharpness (pixels per cm2) to decrease.

    Do you have any recommendations on great monitors?

    submitted by /u/DonutZonderGat
    [link] [comments]

    looking for a specific tutorial for dotNET deobfuscation that used CFFexplorer and explained in a condensed manner how to manually repair the headers and how to find the offsets for the sections by searching for specific hex or text values inside the binary

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 02:27 AM PDT

    Under exposed prints

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 01:47 AM PDT

    So I've been trying to print out a couple images at Officeworks. So basically they look normal untill they come out and they're super under exposed. I spoke to the people there and they were saying it might be copy right protected BC whenever it opens up the menu to print and showed a preview to print it bacame under exposed, and if they tried to adjust it it would revert back. Also they couldn't open it in Photoshop it would say something like the jpeg is unrecognisable. Anyway was just wondering if there was a way to fix this or possibly screenshot without losing any quality. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Mutantcarrot6
    [link] [comments]

    HDMI cable Monitor input lag

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 12:04 AM PDT

    I use an LG 4K monitor, with a DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable, and recently that cable broke

    I replaced it with a random hdmi to hdmi cable I found lying around, and now my pc input is extremely laggy.

    How do I fix this/ What is a replacement cable I can buy to fix the lag? Thank you

    (EDIT: I found my monitor online: https://www.amazon.com.au/LG-Ultragear-27GL850-B-Monitor-Compatible/dp/B07XBQ2XMK/ref=asc_df_B07XBQ2XMK/?tag=googleshopmob-22&linkCode=df0&hvadid=341773154875&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15370330294103100961&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9071749&hvtargid=pla-852834006141&psc=1 )

    submitted by /u/Whoisaryan
    [link] [comments]

    Need one guidance for sons video capture card

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 10:41 PM PDT

    Just got my son a HDMI to USB capture card. He wants to make YT vids. I don't know much about it, but he says he's not getting any audio. Is it as simple as getting a mic?

    Xbox one, windows 10, USB 3.0 capture card.

    If more info is needed, I'll be happy to do my part.

    submitted by /u/RagnarOnTheDashboard
    [link] [comments]

    I'm looking for a way to buy Huawei and Xiaomi phones in the US

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 09:16 PM PDT

    I found a post on alibaba that has the Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha for between $50 and $100 per unit with a minimum of 2. It looks too good to be true and it probably is. I looked on their official websites and they seem to not sell in the US. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/6_Chains
    [link] [comments]

    Will games run better if I keep them on my SSD, rather then my HDD

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 08:19 PM PDT

    I usually keep games on my HDD, because my HDD is much bigger. I was wondering if keeping them on my SSD would improve anything like fps, or graphics quality,

    submitted by /u/NeckBeardedJedi
    [link] [comments]

    Downvote all "Promoted" ads using a Chrome Extension

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 08:05 PM PDT

    If this post doesn't fit here, please remove it. You know all of those annoying "Promoted" ads everywhere? I was thinking of making a Chrome Extension that would downvote all of those as I scrolled by them. I am going to research this by myself, but would also want to know how you people would do it. Any help Is appreciated. :D

    submitted by /u/Gunner_Basil
    [link] [comments]

    Internet data plan help for the technological challenged please

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 07:17 PM PDT

    Hi guys, was hoping for some help for anyone who knows better! I don't have/use internet at home, I just have a large mobile data plan and am not into watching tv/Netflix ect at home I need to get internet for working from home one day a week.

    I am looking at mobile broadband plans from 40gb to 500gb and wondering if anyone has any idea how much data you might need for one day a week connected to the net, downloading docs, voice calls

    Thank you ;)

    submitted by /u/Shaehailey
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 7 Pro vs Pixel 4/4 XL vs Razer Phone 2

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 06:29 PM PDT

    So here are my front-runners for a new phone:

    -OnePlus 7 Pro (~$550-650)

    -Pixel 4/Pixel 4 XL (~$650)

    -Razer Phone 2 (~$200)

    What option would you say is the best? I care about hardware capabilities (I don't want the phone to be slow to respond to anything I do like it seems all common phones are after a while), I want a good display, good speakers, and I want it to not break the first time I drop it. I want a good operating system, and I do care about the camera to a fair extent. Water resistance would be nice.

    I like fingerprint scanners and I really like it being built into the display. I am a little mad that the Pixel 4 only has a face scanner but I'd live. I believe the OP7Pro has both a fingerprint scanner built into the display and a face scanner. The Razer Phone 2 has a fingerprint scanner on the side, which I don't like. I also don't care much for the Razer's square build.

    I've heard some bad things about the OP7Pro's camera as well as some good things and I know the Pixel's is commonly considered one of the best, so let me know how you feel about that difference compared to their other differences.

    I have a Pixelbook, so maybe it's worth considering whether or not having a Pixel to go with it is worth it.

    What I am going to be using it for doesn't range far past streaming, a little mobile gaming, web browsing, and using social media.

    If you have recommendations other than what I listed please let me know.

    I currently have an iPhone 8 and I'm sick of it. I hate the newer models and I've hated iOS for a long time.

    submitted by /u/User_DJ
    [link] [comments]

    How the frick do I update my bios, I'm going from a r5 1400 to a r7 2700x

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 06:03 PM PDT

    Ok so I'm trying to figure out how to update my bios in order to run my r7 2700x. The strange thing is I bought my pc prebuilt and the mother board (asus g11df yet it's a b350) is legit the same name as the pc itself, so i go onto asus website and I cannot find it at all. The bios is wierd too it's the aptio utility.

    submitted by /u/prodigyovlegend
    [link] [comments]

    Will this mother board fit with my dell t7500

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard (ATX) AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 B450

    submitted by /u/eliteARiel
    [link] [comments]

    How to install eclipse che on kubernetes cluster that i have set with kubeadm ?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 01:44 PM PDT

    I followed to many guides but most of them use minikube when they install it

    submitted by /u/atouati
    [link] [comments]

    I think I was scammed on Amazon purchasing my first mid level laptop

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    I purchased the following laptop for $1298, $1400 with tax:

    Lenovo Legion Y540 Gaming Laptop: Core i7-9750H, 17.3" Full HD 144Hz Display, 1TB Solid State Drive, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660 Ti

    After comparing different laptops for my needs I thought this was a good deal. When l recieved it however it turned out to be the 60hz panel with both ram slots occupied by 8 gigs instead of 1 occupied with a 16 and one open(dont know if this is standard or they sold me a refurbished rig).

    They will only offer a refund, not an exchange because...well, I doubt the product ever existed. Or I could keep it and theyll give me $100 as an apology.

    So my question is simple, how much did I overpay, if at all, for the product recieved. Im very happy with the product, I just dont know how much I was duped and if I should go through the trouble of initiating a return and then trying to purchase the model I actually intended to buy.

    Thanks so much

    submitted by /u/BarefootNBuzzin
    [link] [comments]

    When I "print as image", the image quality is where I need it to be, but the printer prints too slow. Any way to get the printer to print faster while maintaining image resolution?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    I'm printing on a Ricoh MP C3504, and need to print pdf documents that include small diagrams.

    Each pdf set has about 50 pages, and when I print without "print as image" checked in the advanced printing settings, the diagrams are blurred and more difficult to read.

    However, if I "print as image", the printer prints pretty slow, and with 50 pages, there's a noticeable wait time.

    Is there anyway to speed up printing without messing up the image resolution?

    submitted by /u/Sentient_cucumber
    [link] [comments]

    How do I know is my network has been compromised?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    my FB was hacked recently, it seems like they also manged to hack my gmail even though it was secured with 2FA. I got no security warnings or notifications from google "your account has been accessed from...etc" Im guessing about this because I don't know any other way they could have gotten the verification code FB sends to your email when you try to log in without a password. I leave my email logged in frequently in one my desktop tabs and Im wondering if they could have accessed my email by being on my system without the need to login or 2FA.

    Is there any way for me to monitor or tell if my network has been compromised? and how do I go about doing that?

    submitted by /u/FranzBrolo
    [link] [comments]

    Can two devices connected to the same local network have the same IP address over the internet?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 01:39 PM PDT

    Wrap charging on car adapter with magnetic cable.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 01:26 PM PDT

    tl;dr at the bottom.

    Hey r/AskTechnology!

    I think I might have just screwed myself over with cables, but I'm hopeful there's some obscure solution I'm not thinking about.

    So, I just bought a bunch of these magnetic cables for all my devices, along with this adapter. My intention is to make my on-the-go charging kit as small as possible, and completely switch to those magnetic "USB" C cables.

    These are my devices:

    Matebook X Pro (65W)

    OnePlus 7 Pro (30W)*

    Now, I know the world isn't perfect and by changing adapter I'll be losing Warp Charge, limiting my phone to 15W. That's fine by me.

    On the other hand, I'd like to keep the warp charging on my car, since this is where I get the most out of it.

    The thing is, and I didn't realize this until everything arrived, that the OnePlus Warp Car charger has a USB-A port, and the cables I'm using are NOT interchangeable with their other cables.

    I know that's on me for going with proprietary solutions and not researching fully before buying.

    I'm currently looking at this kind of adapters, but I haven't found anything past 3amps. Is there any chance the phone might still pull the 6 amps? Or are there any alternatives?

    tl;dr: I'm looking for a way to use THIS cable with THIS adapter, with the hopes of maxing out WarpCharge at 5V6A.

    Edit: Changed Wrap to Warp, can't change the title tho :(

    submitted by /u/leonardosegurat
    [link] [comments]

    Will Airpods lose battery life when you leave them on the charger all the time?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment