• Breaking News

    Monday, March 9, 2020

    Tech Support - Computer glasses recommendation

    Tech Support - Computer glasses recommendation


    Computer glasses recommendation

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 04:25 AM PDT

    Before we get into this - installing computer software isn't an option as I work in IT and have to go from desk to desk in a 300 user office. My computer in my office has perfect settings for my eyes and my computer at home has software and settings sorted.

    In addition to the paragraph above ; I am continuously getting head aches and eyes strains from monitor / laptop / mobile devices when working and when at home. I am looking to buy some blue light blocking computer glasses to wear as a precaution and also to help reduce eye fatigue and head aches.

    I just want some replies from people who have bought glasses that have helped them, that they can recommend for me. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for, so don't really want some £10 Amazon glasses, but also don't want to be paying upwards of £100.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/CallMeIbra
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for upgrades for my crappy laptop

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 04:02 AM PDT

    I have a Dell Inspiron 14 3462 laptop. I want to upgrade my current processor (celeron, which is the worst of the worst) to any processor that's better than that. If my processor can't be upgraded, what should I upgrade? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Reaphinx
    [link] [comments]

    How can I make learning to use a computer easier for my elderly dad?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    Long story short, my 71-year-old dad (also is English as Second Language person) is going to have to start using a computer for business. He will mostly be using internet and email. I have an old macbook that I will pass on to him, so at least the format is simpler. What tools do you suggest (I'm thinking a mouse is a must-have instead of trackpad)? Are there any programs or videos that you recommend? I'm talking basic skills and understanding about computers here. Any suggestions, tips, or encouragement welcome! TYIA!

    submitted by /u/teufelkuh
    [link] [comments]

    Please help. Is there some kind of pop-up ad that looks like a phone call which has "accept" and "decline" choices?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 11:56 PM PDT

    I got one last night and it really looked like a Telegram call. But the thing is, I don't have Telegram installed on my phone. The caller's name was an emoticon.

    submitted by /u/jedidiahjob
    [link] [comments]

    I need help to self repair my laptop

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 11:50 PM PDT

    Long story, i fried my eeprom. I can buy an eeprom (preprogrammed) from ebay 25$. I can buy a programmer from AliExpress and attempt to reprogram it myself 10$ (i have no experience whatsoever). I can buy a whole motherboard from AliExpress 70$. Changing the motherboard at the repair shop is 20$. The repair shops in my country are idiots and don't know what an eeprom is, and i am not sure if they can solder and desolder the eeprom even if i buy it from ebay. The easiest course for me is to buy the whole motherboard but i am changing the original motherboard and replacing it with a replica (the original is better always)

    submitted by /u/kattiper
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a scheduling program with map integration

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 10:37 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I am trying to make scheduling deliveries and organising on road sales, but I need an app or program that can allow me to schedule in locations and have it be mapped out so that we can see where each location is.

    I have tried Google Calendar and Outlook Calendar but you still have to physically plot the locations to see them pop up.

    If anyone has an expertises or even help me with something as a start that would be fantastic.

    Any and every help will be much appreciated.

    THANKS!

    submitted by /u/okaythenmate
    [link] [comments]

    Instagram random memojis

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 08:47 PM PDT

    So I was on Instagram today and somehow In my frequently used emojis area there were random unicorn memoji I have never used them before. Is this normal or should I be concerned that there is a hacker on my phone? Thanks! Oh yeah, my annoying sister begged me to unblock one of her online friends that was threatening me online so I did for a while and blocked her again. That may have some influence on that.

    submitted by /u/William-2005
    [link] [comments]

    Demon box bypass on phone

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    Hello, Reddit, recently my parents have gotten a Circle box by Disney. I was wondering if there is a way I can bypass it?

    I cannot use my data(limited gigs), but I do have nordVPN but it is not reliable(sometimes I cannot connect to certain servers). Is there a way more reliable way of bypassing?

    submitted by /u/googlefanboy9908
    [link] [comments]

    Sound through PS4 controller

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 03:44 PM PDT

    Is it possible to play the sound of a PS4 through one controller and play with the other controller?

    I have the setup as follows: A tv without a 3.5 headphone jack

    I have the sound from the PS4 through the controller (but the cable isn't long enough to play like this)

    I have another controller I can use to play with (but as soon as I turn on this controller the sound changes to this controller)

    What I want: Sound through the unused controller so I can play with the other.

    I hope I made it clear what the problem os. If not, please ask me!

    If this is solvable my life will get so much better!

    submitted by /u/ThatOneTimeTickle
    [link] [comments]

    Do consumer grade portable cigarette smoke detectors exist?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 02:40 PM PDT

    I searched Google and Amazon but couldn't find any good answer. Does a portable consumer cigarette smoke detector exist? If so does anyone have any experience with a product like this? Help appreciated.

    submitted by /u/boston_homo
    [link] [comments]

    Need help finding a docking station for my Eluktronics Mag 15

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I recently purchased the Mag 15 from Eluktronics and need a dock to connect to to my external peripherals.

    Specs for the Laptop are:

    CPU: 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 4.5GHz); Windows 10 Home 64 Bit GRU: 6GB GDDR6 VRAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Max-P Graphics Card

    RAM: 16GB DDR4 RAM & 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD

    Ports available: Thunderbolt 3 Port; HDMI 2.0b Port

    LINK to Laptop:

    https://www.newegg.ca/matte-black-eluktronics-eluktro-pro-x-mag-15-gaming-entertainment/p/2WC-000M-00157?Item=9SIAD01AZC2450

    Looking for a dock that can utilize the thunderbolt 3 port on the Mag 15 so I can plug 1 cable in and be hooked up to all my peripherals. Dock does not need pass through power as I plan to use the included brick for the laptop but don't let that be a limiting factor.

    Dock must include:

    - Min 4 USB ports (with min 2x 3.0)

    - Audio Jack in and out (one for speaker and one for headphones)

    - 1x HDMI or Display ports that can support 4k with other port able to support up to 1440p

    These would be the bare bone necessary ports I require from the dock and any other additional ports would be a bonus.

    If possible try to keep a budget of $200 Canadian dollars if possible but can be flexible if the features are worth it for future proofing

    Thank you for any help in advance and please message me if there are any questions.

    submitted by /u/Enzrith
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best ear technology for a noisy office?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 08:45 AM PDT

    Ear muffs, ear plugs, headphones? Ideally, it'd be silent and non-electronic, so I don't want to have to cover up office noise with sound or white noise. How good to ear muffs work when blocking out voices? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/OrdinaryDish
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment