• Breaking News

    Friday, February 21, 2020

    Tech Support - What’s are some things you can do on the internet when bored that will genuinely benefit you?

    Tech Support - What’s are some things you can do on the internet when bored that will genuinely benefit you?


    What’s are some things you can do on the internet when bored that will genuinely benefit you?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 03:07 AM PST

    Wireless Earphones Suggestions

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 03:01 AM PST

    So, I am in the market for some wireless earphones. The pair I had couldn't use stereo mode along with the mic. To run both simultaneously, I had to use the earphones on hands-free mode, which was very fuzzy and unclear. Are there any features, or keywords that I should look out for to get a pair that can do both at the same time without loss in quality? Also, any model suggestions would be highly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/jain_rishabh_
    [link] [comments]

    Printer connected to 24V battery bank only works when I'm measuring current with a multimeter. What's going on?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 06:05 PM PST

    I have a 24V battery bank that I'm using to power a label printer that requires 24V / 3.75A. The battery can supply 24V / 5A. Multimeter confirmed 24V, everything should be fine. But when I turn on the printer, the battery shuts off immediately. Polarity matches (center pin positive).

    I thought maybe the battery isn't providing enough amps, so I cut into a spare cable so I could measure the current. When I tried to test it, suddenly the printer powered up and worked perfectly. Draws about 1A. It seems that it will *only* work when I have the multimeter included in the circuit.

    Can anyone guess what might be causing this? The only thing I can think of is that the multimeter is adding some resistance, but I don't know why that would make so much difference.

    submitted by /u/tribaltroll
    [link] [comments]

    ACER aspire 5 for gaming?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 02:40 AM PST

    With AMD Ryzen 5 processor and 256GB SSD. What games would I be able to run on this?

    submitted by /u/Hiatus44I
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop HDMI port and usb-c for dual monitors?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 02:12 AM PST

    I'd like to have 2 external monitors for school. I have an Asus q405ua with an HDMI and usb-c port pictured here. I'm prepared to buy a docking station, but before I spend the money I was wondering if these both would work for 2 video signals. The usb-c does not charge the laptop so I'm questioning its capability. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/frostyrevolver
    [link] [comments]

    How do you upgrade to WiFi 6

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 02:07 PM PST

    How do I add WiFi 6 to my computer?

    submitted by /u/Marksism30
    [link] [comments]

    Urgent!

    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 01:02 AM PST

    Hi all! I'm looking for a adapter which has a USB C output and a 3.5mm headphone jack input so I could connect my USB C earphones to my phone. Please help! I'm in a hurry.

    submitted by /u/CareerIsland831
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] "Convergence" All-in-one OS for Phone/Desktop/Laptop/Tablet; Is there such a thing?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 08:41 PM PST

    Lately I have been looking into alternate mobile phone operating systems.

    One I have a great deal of interest in is Ubuntu Touch. Ubuntu Touch wants to have an all-in-one experience for their users.

    From their website:

    Convergence

    Imagine linking your mobile device to a monitor, mouse and keyboard and having it instantly transformed into a desktop experience. With Ubuntu Touch you only need one device.

    This idea of (basically) having your phone in your pocket at all times really interest me. I am not sure if this in release yet for Ubuntu Touch but I am curious if there are other operating systems (ROMs?) that have similar ideas that already have this in place.

    From the research that I have done it does not seem like there is one that is in a full release. Any information or article on this topic is much appreciated.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/capnwest
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know a dual audio input headphone cable?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 09:57 PM PST

    I've really wanted to listen to my own music while also listening to in game sounds using just one pair of headphones, are there and dual input cables like that?

    submitted by /u/Raccoon15
    [link] [comments]

    Internet absolutely dies whenever my dad gets back home

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 06:01 PM PST

    I'm assuming it's his phone connecting to the WiFi that triggers it. No matter what game I'm playing, the moment my dad gets back I would either get disconnected or my ping sky rockets and the game takes a few seconds to sync back with the server without completely disconnecting

    submitted by /u/TAM-username-taken
    [link] [comments]

    Coaxial cables and HDMI cables

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 09:32 PM PST

    Can anyone explain why we need HDMI cables? High speed internet and 4k video arrive in our house via a coaxial cables - so wouldn't it make sense for TVs to have that has an option to receive the data instead of an HDMI cable?

    submitted by /u/drewguitar
    [link] [comments]

    BIOS Booting

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 08:29 PM PST

    So I recently built my new pc. I have been trying to install windows 10 and it's giving me a really hard time. Every time it tries to boot, it freezes on the asus boot screen. I'm in bios now, and it's giving me the option to boot three different ways: Boot Option 1: "Windows Boot Manager" Boot Option 2: "UEFI: Sandisk, Partition 1" Boot Option 3: "UEFI: SanDisk, Partition 2"

    I'm not sure which I should boot from. I used a usb (Sandisk) (16gb) to Download windows media tool. I even used Rufus to help it boot, just a bit confused on this part!

    submitted by /u/doodoo4321
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t Get White Goose/Duck Off PC

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 04:43 PM PST

    Hello, I haven't used my pc and a few weeks so I come back and log on and boom! There is this white duck walking on my PC and I can't get rid off it, is this some sort of virus? Since I haven't installed it I'm so confused.

    submitted by /u/Ch3v7
    [link] [comments]

    Can feel electricity on cpu case

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 06:03 AM PST

    Hello, I just made my first very cheap build (amd apu + gtx 660). Everything is okay until I plug it in the avr. I can feel electricity on my cpu case and idk what to do. I tried looking if mobi is directly touching the case and the result is nope, it isnt. Help please?

    And also, I still feel electricity on the case if even if the avr is turned off (psu still comnected to avr, avr still connected to outlet)

    submitted by /u/mistresssaryn
    [link] [comments]

    Asus EEE 1000HA stuck in “we apologize for the inconvenience” loop

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 05:07 PM PST

    Hi everybody, I'm trying to resuscitate my old Asus. I may have accidentally killed it, due to my lack of experience. Can anyone please advise? It's running Windows XP.

    submitted by /u/estageleft
    [link] [comments]

    Recovering deleted data from Android hardware phone only

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 05:03 PM PST

    Any advice how can I get data from Android phone that has no screen (it's only the hardware of the phone) and also restore data that has been deleted from the phone. (Samsung)

    submitted by /u/Open_North
    [link] [comments]

    Lenovo IdeaPad S340 won't connect to external display (HELP)

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 04:44 PM PST

    So I got the Lenovo IdeaPad S340 because I need a computer since my other one is in the shop. The problem I am having is that I cant connect it to my external display through HDMI. The HDMI cable worked with the previous laptop.

    This laptop has: Windows 10 64 bit 1909, Intel® Core™ i3-1005G1 CPU @ 1.20GHz, Intel® UHD Graphics with Adapter RAM 1.00 GB.

    Things I've tried:

    Updating graphics driver, reinstalling monitor drivers, obviously trying to use the second display with the win+P setting it to duplicate and extend.

    Not sure whats wrong, maybe i just got a POS.

    Any other troubleshooting tips out there?

    submitted by /u/Tofuninja12
    [link] [comments]

    Weak WiFi (bad modem) Help

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 04:40 PM PST

    Hey y'all,

    My WiFi signal really isn't great (very spotty). I use the modem that my internet provider gave me (don't use a router so I assume it's part of the modem).

    Will buying and connecting a good router to a bad modem fix this issue? Or do I need a new modem, as well as a new router? Or one new one that has both?

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/ronicool2
    [link] [comments]

    Weird Singing Fish

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 04:30 PM PST

    So, I bought a singing bass a few months ago, and I recently had a weird experience with it.

    To set this up, I own 2 of the same desk lamp (https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/21DlSJVFUtL.jpg) I have one version set up next to my desktop pc, and another set up to my work desk in another room. I turned the one next to my PC on and heard a buzzing through my headset (connected to the PC) whenever I held my finger on the on button. So I figured that it was pretty weird and maybe that was happening because they were plugged into the same outlet, etc. I just unplugged it and didn't think much of it. (I tried it again recently and heard no buzzing).

    Now, I have the same lamp on my work desk and a singing bass in a file holder under a pile of papers. (https://i.ytimg.com/vi/S36nR1JL7mI/maxresdefault.jpg) Just yesterday, I go to turn on my lamp, and when I click the on button the fish plays for a second. And I do it again and the same thing happens. I call in my family members and click the on button in front of them and the fish plays again. This happens several times. We all thought it was pretty weird, but didn't care much about it. However, when I left the room and turned off the ceiling lights the bass played again. This really confused me and got me wondering about what could have caused it. I tried it again today and it didn't work. Plus, (even yesterday) the bass doesn't play if you click the button to play it (red button) (yes, it is on).

    Does anybody have any idea why this happened and whether or not it is linked to the lamp? I also have 5g wifi in my house if that is related at all.

    (I posted this a while ago and forgot about it. I decided to repost as I got no responses. Nothing has happened since and the fish no longer works.)

    submitted by /u/_B-I-G_J-E-F-F_
    [link] [comments]

    Error 0x800701E3: The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 02:35 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    So recently I built a new computer from scratch with the exception of the hard drive, which I carried over from my old computer. The new computer ran fine and everything was dandy. I then bought a new SSD which I also installed and I copied a bunch of files from an external hard drive that I use; this way it would save a usb slot and just more convenient all around. That worked fine and everything was dandy. However, a friend of mine told me that if I have Windows 10 running on my SSD rather than my Hard drive, then it would run much faster. So I said sure sounds good as long as I can keep all my other files (on my Hard Drive) and have everything basically run the same. So we install Windows 10 on my SSD (which I formatted and wiped clean) and when I booted it up, a bunch of files (on my Hard drive) were "hidden" and I couldn't locate them. They weren't deleted because shortly after I booted Windows 10 on my hard drive (like I used to before), all my files popped right back where they were. SO to avoid any further conflict I said forget it, I'll just stick to windows being on my hard drive. Then I attempted to re-copy all the files from my external hard drive to the SSD again, but now I'm getting this error message: "Error 0x800701E3: The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error." I've looked this error code up but I've found so many different solutions and situations that I'm not sure how to go about fixing it. I figured by giving some background context this will help anyone who might have an idea of how to fix.

    submitted by /u/Hyrotron
    [link] [comments]

    Browse internet plan upload speeds?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 02:33 PM PST

    I'm looking for a service provider with balanced upload and download speeds, but only the download speeds are ever shown.

    Is there a good way to browse upload speeds?

    (I'd also appreciate if anyone happens to have a good recommendation)

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Zectico
    [link] [comments]

    Extending wifi signals to 3 floors down?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 02:26 PM PST

    Any cheap (preferably) or expensive way to extend wifi signal?

    Staying in my friends apartment unit on the 5th floor for free but this unit dosen't have internet. His unit, on the 9th floor does have internet and I get barely one bar in the livingroom on the 5th floor. .

    Anyways to make that signal stronger in the livingroom or enough to cover the rest of the apartment?

    submitted by /u/sincityhunter
    [link] [comments]

    USB Kill 3.0 vs Macbook Pro 2019?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 02:18 PM PST

    I was just wondering if anybody has tested a USB kill device on a MacBook Pro before? Specifically, the ones sold on usbkill.com

    submitted by /u/bmpmvp
    [link] [comments]

    Webcam help

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 09:55 AM PST

    My camera works just fine on my HP laptop, but when I dock it into my work station it doesn't. Is it just not recognizing my desktop's camera? I searched on google but I can't figure out how to make it work.

    submitted by /u/fchtaawwssfrr
    [link] [comments]

    Cheap Amazon laptop for gaming?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 09:01 AM PST

    I found a $400 HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G3 on Amazon, and I was wondering if it could handle games? Anything from NFS: Undercover to Rainbow 6 Seige. 6th gen core i7 but its for business.

    Edit: I mean at least look up the laptop, I'm not here for recommendations, I'm here to find out if the aforementioned laptop can run games.

    submitted by /u/kwsninja2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment