• Breaking News

    Monday, February 10, 2020

    Tech Support - Difference in cable

    Tech Support - Difference in cable


    Difference in cable

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 01:31 AM PST

    So i have two USB-C cables. White and Black.

    How come my white USB-C cable can charge my phone but not my Nintendo Switch but the black cable can charge both just fine.

    What is the difference and how do i pick the right one?

    submitted by /u/Eendmanss
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to hook up a gaming computer to a laptop?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 06:20 PM PST

    So the title pretty much sums it up. Long story short I want a gaming laptop to travel with, but while I'm at home I'd like to have something more powerful to make games run faster.

    submitted by /u/jjcurtisxx9
    [link] [comments]

    Google Account Through Employer - What's Private?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 04:27 PM PST

    My employer provides each employee with a Google Account that is under their organization and domain. If I am logged into the company Google account on my Chrome browser even from home, can they see my web history? Under my account settings I do have the following paused: Web & App Activity, Location History, YouTube History.

    Thanks in advance for your replies!

    submitted by /u/enterdimensia
    [link] [comments]

    Docking Station

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 01:15 AM PST

    So what HDD Docking Station (containing more than one 3.5" slot) do you use?

    Which do you think is faster for 3.5" to be used?

    Preview a little on Inateck, but not sure if that is the most worth it one to be bought.

    submitted by /u/mewantknow
    [link] [comments]

    A buddy told me that by right-clicking the start button, hitting "run," typing in "prefetch," "temp," and "%temp%," and deleting the contents of those folders, I can speed up my computer. Is this true? Is this harmful? What am I actually doing when I do this? Please ELI5.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 07:10 AM PST

    How can I tell what’s savaging my iPhone battery?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 08:14 PM PST

    So I've hit a new iPhone XR. Battery's been k OK dating for almost 1.5 days with moderate use.

    Now recently I have to charge it twice a day. I'm not sure what's draining it, as my usage hasn't changed.

    The Battery usage option isn't really showing what's going on I reckon.

    Is there an app of some sort that can show me what's truly draining it?

    submitted by /u/irish_chippy
    [link] [comments]

    i need to get more storage on my pc

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 02:02 PM PST

    i have a 256gb hp pavilion gaming laptop and i can only can 3 games on it, i want to expand my storage but have a couple of questions, 1) if i transfer my games to an external hard drive can is still play the games off the hard drive? 2) what happens if the hard drive gets disconnected do i have to reinstall everything back to the PC when i plug it back in, 3) is an external hard drive the best way to go about getting more storage?

    submitted by /u/MikeMel213
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to specify which monitor has a task bar or not?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 07:20 PM PST

    I have a three monitor setup. Is there a way to have a task at for two monitors while the third does not? Instructions would be great!

    submitted by /u/drozzzzzzz
    [link] [comments]

    Any program that would let me use two keyboards for two separate applications simultaneously?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 04:58 PM PST

    E.g. I would like to be able to play games on one keyboard and be able to type in Discord on a second keyboard without needing to alt-tab. I tried to google this but everyone was just wanting to use 2 keyboards for local multiplayer or using for macros.

    submitted by /u/ledge5809
    [link] [comments]

    I'm looking for an Alarm/Timer app to remind me on an hourly basis.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 10:37 AM PST

    Hello. I'm currently taking medication and the doctor told me take it at 6-hour intervals. What timer can I use to help me take my meds on time?

    submitted by /u/aBRaMeN
    [link] [comments]

    Watch that vibrates for phone call (but not smart)

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 02:55 PM PST

    We carry Bluetooth enabled flip phones at my job. For various reasons I can miss calls even with both volume and vibrate at max. I'm looking for a watch or some kind of device that will vibrate pretty aggressively when a phone call comes through. Less features is preferable. I honestly just need it to vibrate when I get a call. Needs to be tough enough for an industrial environment.

    submitted by /u/shininghotline56
    [link] [comments]

    Power Delivery? HP Spectre

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 02:29 PM PST

    I have a HP Spectre x360 Convertible, specifically the 15-ch0xx, and the manual claims that the two USB-C ports are power delivery enabled but I can't figure out how to use it. I understand that a standard phone charger won't charge it or it'll be very slow but I can't find any recommendation on the specifications of the charger. I've read some forums claim that only HP USB-C chargers work with the Spectre and others claim that chargers such as these will work.

    Could anyone recommend me a cheap USB-C charger for my Spectre that charges at a moderately rate? I really don't want to order one just to find out it doesn't work. I'm look for a charger with just one USB-C port or maximum of two. Thank you so much!

    submitted by /u/chhoyla
    [link] [comments]

    How to open Nokia 105 (2017) developer tools

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 02:26 PM PST

    I just want to make a video player for it or sumthin like that. Help me!!

    submitted by /u/Kaarelthe0
    [link] [comments]

    After latest windows update, when I am playing a movie/video and focus on another app the volume for the media I am playing automatically is lowered, how do I stop this?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 10:17 AM PST

    Just recently my laptop has made this adjustment where if the media player (MPC-HC) is not the main window I am focussed on (IE; If I am watching a video and then click on any other open window/application) the volume cuts in half as if the video is in the 'background' , I do not want the volume to lower as I use my laptop and a secondary display (my TV) as my main sources of display and this happens every time I click anything on my laptop screen as I usually have my videos/movies playing on my TV.
    Thank you very much for any help, I appreciate anyone who took the time out to read this.

    submitted by /u/Jrob420
    [link] [comments]

    AMD Ryzen 7-3750H lags on video editing

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 08:17 AM PST

    Hello i just bought a new laptop for gopro 4k footage editing,problem is,it lags even in 1080p in the editing software playback.

    If i open the files with bs player they play just fine up to 2.7k

    I tried gopro quik and Davinci resolve

    Specs : ASUS TUF FX505D, AMD Ryzen 7-3750H up to 4.0GHz, 8GB RAM, SSD 256GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB

    What could be the problem?Is the CPU too slow?or do i need to up the RAM memory?What should i try?

    Thanks for the advice!

    submitted by /u/Thiparu32
    [link] [comments]

    Finding netsession_win.exe for Deleting/Deinstalling

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 08:12 AM PST

    Hello,

    Within Autostart Tab of Task-Manager(Windows) i have found this particular process Netsession_win, there isnt a File Path to find the Programm in itself.

    Online i found that this is a malicious Programm.

    Problem: There isn't a file Path to this Programm, nor it is anywhere visible example:

    Task Manager - Processes, Services, Services-Folder.

    There is a Akami Folder which is empty in AppData/Local/Akami

    How do i find Netsession_win - to delete/deinstall.

    submitted by /u/Roman112
    [link] [comments]

    Converting VHS tape to digital using a Chromebook?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 07:24 AM PST

    Hi,

    My apologies if this is a dumb question. I have a couple of special family videos on old VHS tapes that I'd really love to convert to digital and store them in my Google Drive. Unfortunately, I know I won't be able to convert them to DVD because of not having a CD drive on my Chromebook. But is there a way to convert a VHS tape to a digital format using a chromebook?

    Any help would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

    submitted by /u/Usual-Eagle
    [link] [comments]

    Removing the Shutterstock watermark

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 09:32 AM PST

    I am planning to use a shutterstock image in my school presentation but, the watermark is an issue. I think I've found a way to remove it and that is by photoshopping and removing the text and filling the void with the surrounding color. However, that process takes a LOT of time.

    Is there a faster way to remove the watermark?

    submitted by /u/WhiteDeath1404
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment