• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 26, 2020

    Tech Support - View angle brightness compensator?

    Tech Support - View angle brightness compensator?


    View angle brightness compensator?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 11:17 PM PST

    I've got a bad combination of a tall desk and an old samsung monitor that can't tilt the screen so that it's at least vertical, let alone point downwards. This, combined with viewing angle means that in darker scenes in movies or games I have issues seeing what's in the upper portion of the screen.

    So what I'm wondering, is there some view angle brightness compensatig program that can change screen brightness progressively from one side?

    I remember some years ago seeing an app that had a similar effect for win10 but in a vignette style, circular instead of in a line.

    submitted by /u/dal-vlad
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any good technical solutions to making a smartphone get a good cellular signal where one doesn't exist?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 09:01 AM PST

    Problem: Need plug my phone to charge in an area where it regularly misses calls. "just move it to where it does get a signal" isn't a viable solution.

    It gets a good wifi signal, so i am imagining there's a solution there i dont know about. Though i just checked out something called "Wifi calling", though its worded that i may have to pay extra for it. Anything else?

    submitted by /u/OnSnowWhiteWings
    [link] [comments]

    Hey reddit technology gods, I have a query for you

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 03:08 PM PST

    Imagine a system that takes an input file, and sends out sms messages to 'n' number of recipients at programmed times throughout the day for several weeks according to info in the input file. I want to be able to check the status of messages on a native or cloud based app to access from my computer. Is there anything out there? Theres mass/ bulk sms systems out there, but they require tons of manual labor. Should I be looking at a crm instead of an sms service?

    submitted by /u/askarei
    [link] [comments]

    Does using a powered USB hub give better performance to the USB devices attached when compared to non-powered hubs?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 06:42 PM PST

    I have a USB A powered hub and it's great, my new computer has 4 USB A ports which is great, so I'll use the hub, but I also have a non-powered USB C hub, and this new computer does actually have 2 USB C ports too, will using a hub that doesn't have a power supply provide less effective results?

    submitted by /u/ConfusedRainbow
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a male USB C to male HDMI cable anywhere?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 10:54 AM PST

    Trying the G and nothing coming up. Do you guys know of anything? Is this a thing?

    submitted by /u/sungawd
    [link] [comments]

    Question about piezo ceramic transducers

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 04:09 PM PST

    I am trying to learn a bit about piezo ceramic(like the kind used in ultrasonic foggers) but I have never really worked with them. I found a supplier and am currently evaluating this part

    000023074

    And I would like to drive it with this board

    Amazon Fogger Link which I doubt ill be able to do. The issue is i really have no idea how these discs work. I think I need to supply a signal at the resonant frequency, for this part, 1MHz but im not sure what voltage. The driver board for the amazon part says 113kHz plus the discs seem to have different capacitance and probably impedance. Anyone have a good reference for driving ceramic parts or could help me out with the math here? Basically the goal is to get fog from the transducer, i want to use the part from that supplier because the dimensions are much smaller(5mm OD). Any help would be appreciated.

    *Edit

    I did want to note I couldnt quite find good reference material on simple circuit design for driving a part like this. If anyone could link to something like that or just clue me in that would be a major help. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/pirateporkchop
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to change the software on a Pioneer AVH 3200 car radio system? I would like to be able to support Android auto and apple carplay with on-screen navigation.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 01:06 PM PST

    I have flashed phones to new roms and such, which is probably easy for everyone. However, can this be done? What sub or resource might be best to learn how?

    submitted by /u/TackyBrad
    [link] [comments]

    Question about frame drops in overwatch with my custom built pc. Ryzen 7 2700x

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 08:28 PM PST

    Hey guys. I just got a figure out questions about my pc. I looked really hard on the internet and not really finding the answers that I'm looking for. See... When I'm playing and Live streaming Overwatch I lose fps at random when it comes to certain parts of the maps or in intense team fights. I want know, if my process is working hard, comparing to my GPU. I do have a dual channel system, but I have one stick of G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (1 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory I'm guessing the memory can't feed data fast enough to my processor sitting alone or you guys think it's something else? I went into BIOs and set the MHz to 2922 because I can't go into 3000 mhz or above it because I would get blue screens because of it. Let's go ahead and tell you the spec's of my computer from below.

    ----------------------

    Spec's

    Processor - AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor

    Motherboard - Asus Prime X470-Pro ATX AM4 Motherboard

    Memory - G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (1 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

    Intel - Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

    GPU - XFX Radeon RX 590 8 GB FATBOY OC+ Video Card

    submitted by /u/GamingQuestioner
    [link] [comments]

    My mom gets all of my messages on her iPhone

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 04:24 PM PST

    I just updated my iPhone SE and at the same time, my mom upgraded to an iPhone X. Now, somehow, she is getting all of my text massages and sms. I do NOT want that. I think this is because we have family sharing. How to i stop her from receving my messages? One more thing: I cannot do anything on her physical device because i don't want her to know and I don't know her pin.

    submitted by /u/SergeantRetard
    [link] [comments]

    Acer es1-132-c5uf not accepting ubuntu.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 07:34 PM PST

    I have this laptop acer aspire es1-132-c5uf. I want to install ubuntu and it is just accepting windows. Please help guys. THANKS in advance

    submitted by /u/godless_metalhead
    [link] [comments]

    Track devices connected to my router

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 10:13 AM PST

    Is there any way I can view a time log of all the devices that connected to my router? Long story short, I was robbed by a former employee and I'm pretty sure his phone connected to the wifi during his burglary. If I can find a time log to show to the cops, it would place him at the scene of the crime. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/treatyoftortillas
    [link] [comments]

    What's the deal with push updates?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 06:04 PM PST

    I've noticed a big decrease in official app updates on the Google play store but my apps still get updates somehow? Is there a big advantage that makes companies want to use push updates instead? And how come not all devices get updates at once?

    submitted by /u/dweeb_bush
    [link] [comments]

    Getting the most of my Download/Upload

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 04:41 PM PST

    Why is it when I do a speed test I get 100MBs download and 12MBs upload but when I actually download something it usually maxes out around 15MBs (for example downloading from Steam). Am I misinterpreting the numbers or am I bottlenecked somewhere during the download process?

    submitted by /u/hattphotography
    [link] [comments]

    how big of a flash drive do I need to hold 92 hours of 480p video?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 11:59 AM PST

    as the title says I need to store 92 hours of video in 480p, I've looked around and can't find a definite answer anywhere for what size flash drive I should get.

    submitted by /u/wrenched13
    [link] [comments]

    New router has NO password on it

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 03:23 PM PST

    I purchased a Netgear CM1100 from Costco. It is a router and modem in one I believe. It is all set up with xFinity.

    Currently it is hard wired into our Xbox. When I attempt to log into the router as admin(the standard 192 url, router login/netcom) I'm unable to get the page to come up via Edge on Xbox. My laptop does not have a Ethernet port.

    There is NO password on the router anywhere!!!! How can I connect my devices via WiFi without the password?

    submitted by /u/midnightnov
    [link] [comments]

    Anyway to Check/Control Fan RPM in My Set Up?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 11:24 AM PST

    So I have two of these USB to 3/4Pin pin fan connectors plugged into 4 of these Noctua Fans for a laptop stand/cooling station I was modifying. I was wondering if anyone could think of a way to check fan speeds and possibly control fan RPM?

    The USB to fan adapters are supposed to put out enough voltage that all fans run at max speed so I wanna make sure they are running at that speed and be able to control them.

    Side note: I did get these to Control speeds but they are ugly, dont have housings, get super hot during use and obviously don't tell me fan speeds.

    Appreciate the help!

    submitted by /u/Sebbysludge
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions wanted for displaying one animated GIF on 450 6.2" LDC displays mounted in cabinets.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 03:02 PM PST

    I have 450 upright gaming cabinets in a 17,000 square foot building with 6.2" LCD displays with VGA input. I have a GIF I want to display on all of those displays. Worst case, I get 450 Raspberry PI Zero ($6) with HDMI to VGA adapters ($0.68) and a 1GB Micro SD card for the image ($1), and mount them in all of the cabinets and make a script to display my GIF at boot time. Material cost about $3600. Build time several days.

    I'm hoping for some kind of scheme that lets me daisy chain a single VGA signal to all 450 devices. Preferably over CAT-6 cable if possible. Hopefully with less effort than building 450 PI solutions. Any ideas? Thanks

    submitted by /u/gotaudio
    [link] [comments]

    When I open up a NEW chrome window on my mac computer using google chrome, it opens up the new window on the left side of my computer screen by default, how do I change it to open up on the right side by default ?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 02:25 PM PST

    Keyboard suddenly stops typing for a whole second.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 02:21 PM PST

    So i very recently bought a mechanical keyboard. The keyboard is good, it's a Fury Tornado, it's pretty decent for it's money and i bought it purely because i don't have the budget so spend on any top tier keyboards from Razer, Corsair etc. So what happens with this keyboard is, while im typing and everything is completely fine, the keyboard ceases to work for exactly 1 second, it's like my PC lags, but it's not from my PC. When i play League Of Legends and i type in chat, and the issue occurs, the game doesn't suddenly lag, only the keyboard. It doesn't just happen in League, it happens everywhere and completely randomly. I read a post that suggested i might not have a lot of RAM, which i have no idea how that's related, except if your PC is extremely laggy, but i have 16 gigs of ram, i think im okay on that part. Please help me out, i don't wanna return the keyboard and go through the whole trouble of doing that. Please help me out. I have no idea what could be causing this.

    submitted by /u/mincer420
    [link] [comments]

    Searching for Way to Contact Admins of Upcoming Event

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 09:49 AM PST

    Hello!

    A few friends and I are about to start running a large ongoing competition for a large group of highschoolers that will run for a few weeks. During this time, individual players will likely want to message us with questions, clarifications, or issues that would require a rapid response. In the past, admins of the game have run it through Facebook and used Facebook messenger contact, but this year that isn't an option (along with any other social media like Instagram or Snapchat), and we wanted to have another solution that would notify us when messaged but allow us to avoid having to give out a personal phone number to the entire group.

    Feel free to respond or message me with clarifying questions, and thank you in advance for any suggestions!

    submitted by /u/MusicThrowaway1010
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure if this is the right place but can the original sender of an email see that I've forwarded their email?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 11:58 AM PST

    I've forwarded someones email because it had info on that someone else needed, but the forwarded email is still under the same email thing as the original email sent (you know how you send an email and someone replies, and it's all under one thing with the Subject name, that). Te "To" bit is different but it still falls together. I was wondering whether that meant the original person knows I've forwarded the email?

    Sorry for any confusion

    submitted by /u/RoundAboutRandy
    [link] [comments]

    Work WiFi question

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 08:44 AM PST

    So, early today I was enjoying some alone time with some with some Gentleman's pictures on reddit. When I was, mm, done. I locked my phone and went to work.

    During a quick toilet break, I take out my phone to have a gander. Saw a picture that I thought I would save for later and downloaded it. It was at this precise moment that I realised to my horror I was connected to my works WIFI connection.

    Now, I'm panicking. Although, I realise my employer probably won't kick up a fuss about one incident, it's never happened before, but can he see what I looked at or downloaded from reddit?

    sadcringe

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/I_AM_THE_ALPHA_MOOSE
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 wont keep the correct time, How do I fix this?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 07:27 AM PST

    Its been happening on and off my PC wont keep the correct time. Sometimes its off by several hours or sometimes its correct. Do you guys think its the battery for the CMOS or what?

    submitted by /u/frogmicky
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment