• Breaking News

    Monday, January 20, 2020

    Tech Support - Does anyone know of an app or site that will let me send SMS to an international number for free?

    Tech Support - Does anyone know of an app or site that will let me send SMS to an international number for free?


    Does anyone know of an app or site that will let me send SMS to an international number for free?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:59 PM PST

    I know the chances of something like this existing are very low, but I'm desperate and I feel like I should try asking regardless. A very close friend of mine who lives in Australia will soon lose access to wifi indefinitely and will only be able to keep in contact through SMS. I live in America and have discovered apps like TextNow and TextPlus. However, those only work with other US or Canadian numbers. So if anyone knows of a way I can keep in contact with my friend, please do share. I'd be extremely grateful.

    submitted by /u/throwawayoong
    [link] [comments]

    Could someone explain what are are DirectSound, ASIO and Wasapi? What exactly are they, what do they do, how do I use them? What are the differences?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 03:33 PM PST

    I'm not a programmer, engineer or audiophile or anything like that. I have just been aware of these terms but I can not understand what they are or what they do.

    How does one even use those? When do any of these things come into play?

    I personally have Xonar U7 MK2 and its driver installed on Windows 10 and I have headphones plugged into them, and I usually listen to music on Spotify. Which one of those "things" am I using? Can I change them?

    Yeah, I'm looking for an ELI5 or something like that. I feel like I don't know what I'm supposed to even ask.

    submitted by /u/An_absolute_retard
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with my Xbox 360 !

    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 01:40 AM PST

    Soooooooooo i just found my old x box 360 it is fully working !
    but i cant hook it to my only pc monitor (cuz it requires that blue end cable ) and my xbox only connects with hdmi so i found an hdmi port in my pc and i hooked my pc with the xbox (using the hdmi port ) and my pc is connected to the monitor so is there any way i could see the xbox on my monitor ???

    submitted by /u/EZZOOOTHEKING
    [link] [comments]

    Can't delete SAntivirus folder on my PC says I need "Admin Premissions"

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 10:42 PM PST

    I got this program installed on my PC after downloading a file and I can't seem to get rid of it. I used Malwarbytes but it still doesn't get rid of it, can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/Toksyn25
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a small touchscreen monitor for my desktop?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 09:18 PM PST

    Not sure if something like this exists but figured I'd ask. I am looking for a small (like phone screen small ish) touchscreen monitor that I can use with my desktop mainly just to display and control music settings (through spotify), does something like this exist? And if not are there any good alternatives to what I am looking for? Thank you

    edit: I've seen some janky looking ones on amazon that claim are for rasberry pi's but they don't seem to good quality or know if they would work for what I want it to.

    submitted by /u/ShireBurgo
    [link] [comments]

    About smartphone os changing

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 09:04 AM PST

    Hi, I don't understand why I can change easily the operative system in a pc but can't do the same in a smarthphone. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/roquejose
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a mac app that will allow you to fax for free?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 06:50 PM PST

    How to load page without holding down CTRL?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:35 PM PST

    Hey everyone,

    Normally to reload a page you have to hold down CTRL + F5 but I was wondering if there was a way to reload a page by just pressing F5 instead of both? I'm currently using Google Chrome as my browser and have a HP Pavilion laptop.

    Any and all tips are appreciated!

    submitted by /u/TheWorldIsAmbiguous
    [link] [comments]

    PS4 freezes with a green set of bars on the bottom of the screen whenever I try watching anything on Prime. Any ideas?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:31 PM PST

    Pretty self explanatory, I'm kind of at my wits end though. All I want is to relax and watch tv shows on prime, and every single one freezes throughout the episode. The audio is fine though and eventually it syncs back up.

    submitted by /u/praisethesinner
    [link] [comments]

    How come i can almost never access Rottentomatoes specifically?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:23 PM PST

    About 4/5 times I try to go to rottentomatoes.com it just loads endlessly or tells me the site is down, yet I don't experience this with any other site unless they're actually down.

    I can't believe that a website as big as rottentomatoes is actually down multiple times every day, so what is special about this specific site? Do they use some weird IP-block that norwegian servers have trouble accessing or something? Anyone else experience this?

    submitted by /u/Oysteinre
    [link] [comments]

    How can I test a power supply?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:46 AM PST

    I am trying to determine which pins to connect my DVM to in order to find 24v DC. However, the table in the product manual is confusing to me.

    Pin-Outs

    I know by the model number of the power supply that channel 1 is configured for 24v DC. Could anyone ELI5???

    submitted by /u/LeadGoat
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get these?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 04:56 PM PST

    I am thinking about getting the HyperX Cloud Flight headset, which connect wirelessly via a USB dongle. The problem is that I have a really bad sound chipset. It's the Realtek ALC3266. Whenever I use a headset I like to use a USB sound card with it because without it the microphone level is extremely low (the headphone volume is fine). Now I am thinking about getting this wireless headset but I'm not sure if the onboard audio will affect the performance of the headset (the microphone level). Or does it have like power on its own? It says it needs no drivers and it's a plug and play headset. Please help, thank you :D

    submitted by /u/Flxmes27
    [link] [comments]

    Lg Stylo 3 Volume and power button not working?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 04:20 PM PST

    Last night in the middle of using my phone the power button on back of my phone and volume button (left side) just stopped. But yet the power button (also a finger print scanner) still scans my finger to unlock. I have and can use a double tap to wake/ sleep feature so though it anoying i can do that and my notofication bar has a volume adjuster. But my worry is what if my phone dies? How will i turn it back on. Also i just noticed today that wheen unplugged tthe charging symbol is still there. Is there a way to fix this? Background on my phone: I got it used off my uncle who got it from a friend about a year ago. The screen had one long crack, a few months latter within a week it fell out of my pocked when catching a cat whoo ran into my grandma's (trying to get her bird),then again when helping my grandma down steps, and then my aunt slammed it in the trunk hatch. Each time cracking it more, but yet no issues other that havting to tape the bottom of my screen. About six months ago my little cousin sprayed me with water, put phone in rice it was fine, then three months ago one drop of water went in a crack agin riced it then fine.

    submitted by /u/Destinylaurie
    [link] [comments]

    Transferring an emulator

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 04:12 PM PST

    I don't think I ever needed to do this before now and I honestly not sure. The program in question is pcsx2 the PS2 emulator.

    If we're offline and I want to copy it to someone else's hard drive can i just copy the whole folder for it or do I need a copy of the installer to give to them with a copy of a ps2 bios to set it up?

    submitted by /u/LovableKyle24
    [link] [comments]

    Can Norton VPN protect from ISP utorrent downloads notices?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 12:18 PM PST

    Piratebay specifically.

    Want to download some older games for personal uses only. Last time I did that, I got a notice from my ISP that they will shut me down or file for a legal action if such happens again.

    Can VPN Norton hide that activity from my ISP

    submitted by /u/wararmy
    [link] [comments]

    Do gas spring monitor mounts work upside down?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 10:35 AM PST

    I am considering buying something like this, but I plan to mount it either from above (i.e. upside down, hanging from the ceiling), or from the side. Will the gas springs still work, or do they utilize gravity in such a way that they only work the way up that is shown in the picture?

    submitted by /u/lindymad
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get the " boot.img " file for my XperiaXZ2?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 09:56 AM PST

    Well, here we go again.

    If you've read my previous posts on here, you know that I'm trying to root my Xperia XZ2. I have successfully unlocked the bootloader and tried to install TWRP. Unfortunately, my device is not supported on the official TWRP site. I have spent hours trying to find some sort of unofficial version but have had no luck. So I'm thinking I should just go ahead and root my device without it using Magisk. Though it appears I need the " boot.img " file in order to do so. The only problem is that I have no idea how to get it. Can someone please help me?

    My phone is running Android 10 if that is important.

    Also: If someone really can instead help me install TWRP it would be even better.

    (I'm not super experienced in rooting as you can probably tell)

    submitted by /u/SergeantRetard
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my Disk ALWAYS at 100%?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 09:52 AM PST

    So I recently bought a computer off of OfferUp and everything on it seemingly runs fine, short of the disk always being at 100%. I figured it was just a shitty HDD and once I got my other PC to my new place, I took the hard drive from that and swapped it into the new computer.

    I haven't had this issue with the HDD from my old PC and my new PC is essentially my old one, just with some minor upgrades.

    In Task Manager, the Disk will be at 100% no matter what the total MB/s is. For example, there's ranging a total of 10 MB/s to 40 MB/s, but minutes earlier there was over 200 MB/s in total.

    Im totally lost at this point.

    submitted by /u/zuckmedaddy
    [link] [comments]

    Why doesn't Windows 10 not natively support 10-bit HDR?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:44 AM PST

    This seems like a natural progression, 4k HDR displays are affordable and 8-bit colordepth has been completely superseded by 10-bit in the low range budget Television market. Why does one have to make a $3,000 PC with a 10-bit monitor have to do jumps/hoops to get the extra color depth? Isn't windows paying attention?

    submitted by /u/boostbacknland
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment