• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 5, 2019

    Tech Support - Questions about .OGG

    Tech Support - Questions about .OGG


    Questions about .OGG

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 10:05 PM PST

    Why isn't it used more when the file size is smaller and can support more channels?

    What are the pros and cons?

    Where is it commonly used currently?

    submitted by /u/timothy5597
    [link] [comments]

    Possible scam on a huge Youtube tech channel. I am the winner. Need advice

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 07:47 AM PST

    Hello everyone,

    I want to bring to your attention a possible scam on youtube, and wanted your advice on how to proceed.

    I won a phone giveaway contest on the popular tech channel PhoneRadar, in July. PhoneRadar is a pretty huge tech channel in India, with 924K followers on YT. I was supposed to get an Oppo R17 pro. I was really excited and messaged him my email ID. He replies to me a month later asking me to provide my address within 24 hours, or else I get disqualified, and I sent him my details.

    Several months passed by. I kept emailing him once every few days asking about the status. He finally replied on 1st November saying "I will get back to you soon.". No reply since.

    Eventually I started posting on his videos begging him to reply, but no response.

    Today I tweeted on his handle telling him to stop ignoring giveaway winners, which really pissed him off. He says and I quote:" We don't ignore anyone. You kept spamming questioning without a reason and hence no update happened. You had won the R17 Pro & once we see that you stop the spam and remove the messages we will initiate the shipment. "

    So he didnt ship the phone because I asked for the status twice or thrice a month? And he calls me a spammer for that!Its a blatant lie, and what's worse? Its going to fly because his followers will blindly support him.

    Please advise what I should do next. Is there any way to bring more attention to his lie and tweets?I have provided proofs of my emails here. I have always been patient and polite to him.

    Note: His twitter handle is https://twitter.com/amitbhawani and he is the owner of Phoneradar.

    Email proofs: https://imgur.com/a/CO2YUV9

    His reply/threat on twitter: https://imgur.com/a/93udsDG

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/javapyscript
    [link] [comments]

    What is the difference between Rated Capacity and Battery Capacity?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 02:31 AM PST

    Say I have a power bank that has a Lithium Battery Capacity of 10000 mAh and it has a Rated Capacity of 5900 mAh. What does it mean?

    I tried searching it on google but the explanations were too techie for a dumb one like me. It says here that the rated capacity is always 2/3 of your battery capacity. Is this true?

    I'm planning to buy a wireless power bank that supports 10W wireless charging so I could use my phone on-the-go.

    Can somebody please explain it to me on layman's terms?

    submitted by /u/earlymauvs
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the highest number of programming languages you’ve ever heard of somebody knowing?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 02:06 AM PST

    3.5mm Jack to USB C, will it charge?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 09:01 PM PST

    As the title says, I'm wondering if I were to plug a headphone jack with a type c cable from my phone to a phone that uses type c charging, would it charge the other phone? Or does the jack give off ANY power at all?

    Did some googling and some said the jack does give off a LITTLE power.

    submitted by /u/FatMetalJesus
    [link] [comments]

    How sticky is Segurazo?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 11:44 PM PST

    Due to me auto-piloting certain updates, I accidentally downloaded and installed an 'anti-virus' program called Segurazo (100% spam). Because I couldn't properly uninstall it (it kept leaving residue files), I decided to take the drastic route factory resetting my computer. Would this have gotten rid of the program and any of its 'stickiness'? Also, is it possible for the spam program to somehow stick to my outlook account? As in, if I were to build a new pc and use the Microsoft account that was originally 'infected' with the program, is it possible for the program to follow it to the new pc?

    submitted by /u/nanozaind
    [link] [comments]

    “This update requires macOS version 10.13 or higher” error message when I try to download anything from the Mac App Store

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 11:39 PM PST

    I live with my family who has an apple computer, and since I'm learning Swift I of course go to download XCode. Doesn't work, the message pops up. I upgrade to latest version of Catalina successfully, go back to download Xcode again to no avail. I noticed this does the same thing across the board. Tried Lightroom, nope. Tried transporter, nope. What's going on? I feel like this is probably a stupid question but my brain is so stuffed up from stress I can't process what's happening right now but I feel like it's an easy answer

    submitted by /u/justatechwhore
    [link] [comments]

    Password manager considerations

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 07:09 PM PST

    Good day! I'm thinking of using a password manager to increase my security. I'm new to this however, so I guess I'm more worried about using a password manager and then having the service go down and losing everything... Like my Google account password.

    Can anyone suggest a manger that'd work with android and Linux? What about keeping encrypted backups at home? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/cribbageSTARSHIP
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone randomly sent message in the middle of the night

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 06:47 PM PST

    I was asleep last night and at 2:50am and my phone randomly sent a text to my girlfriend saying "where ru"... she is now suspicious that I am cheating on her even tho I did not send that text. Did this happen to anyone else last night?

    submitted by /u/republic_defender
    [link] [comments]

    Search Engine that shows you information that contradicts your views?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 06:14 PM PST

    Is there a search engine that shows you the opposite opinion on a topic you search for? Like if you start consistently click one sort of news source, after a while the engine starts putting differing news sources at the top of the search bar?

    submitted by /u/woolywanka
    [link] [comments]

    How has voice recognition improved so much over the last 10 years where I can now ask Siri a question across the room with almost perfect recognition, yet 10-15 years ago you needed a super expensive program and a super expensive microphone to achieve even average results?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 02:12 PM PST

    When I was younger, I was SUPER into voice recogniton. I even had my Mac OS 9 computer doing some... very... awful recognition. I dreamt that one day I could live in a house with microphones everywhere so that I could have a smart house (I LOVED that movie when I was a kid.) However, even then I knew the limitations of microphones and how clearly one must speak to have the computer understand you. I even spent HOURS upon HOURS training voice recognition programs in the past. Only to have... very moderate results.

    So how... on earth... can things like Alexa, Siri, Google Home, etc. pick up a voice from across the room and generally understand perfectly well, even when listening to seemingly awful microphones in a cell phone?

    submitted by /u/corrado33
    [link] [comments]

    As I am learning Swift, where do I actually go to DO swift and start to create my own apps? Is it just in TestFlight? Or somewhere else? Xcode? And how do I get a TestFlight invitation code?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 05:48 PM PST

    Intrusion Detection System

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 05:38 PM PST

    So to be direct i have been put in charge of a wearhouse with a lousy intrusion detection system. I am currently looking into upgrading it but for right now it looks to me like its a key pad alarm system with cheap light sensors wired to them. They are consistantly cuasing false alarms, some as early as the system being armed. it has been determined the issue might be rodents. Are there any ways to desensitize the system to something so small or is the only solution change out the sensor.

    submitted by /u/killjoy40k
    [link] [comments]

    Changing cpu question

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 03:59 PM PST

    Hey there. I am about to install a new cpu into my pc. One question I have is it smart/recommended to do a fresh install of windows when switching out cpus? Just curious. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/manoffishfry
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop ram changing

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 03:47 PM PST

    I would like to upgrade my laptop's ram but I don't know the exact clocking. I downloaded speccy however says 1060mhz and it's kind of weird. Is it something like speccy's bug or something else. BTW houw should I know the correct Ram's speed?

    submitted by /u/kprodude
    [link] [comments]

    Youtube won't load (but only on my mac)

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 02:53 PM PST

    For the past week or so, youtube hasn't been able to load on my Macbook pro- I just get an error that says "youtube.com took too long to respond." This also includes youtube videos that are embedded on other sites- I never even get a loading wheel. I have tried clearing my browsing history multiple times and disabling extensions and trying chrome and safari, but still nothing. I also tried reinstalling flash player (which should only affect the videos rather than the website) and still nothing. I also recently updated my OS to Catalina but the problem was there before and after the update. Finally, I can access youtube on my phone so I know it's not an issue with my internet sources. Youtube also appears to be the only website affected on my computer.

    submitted by /u/momonotmorg
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know of a free PDF reader/editor that allows you to highlight and copy text more freely than the standard left to right cursor highlight?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 08:16 AM PST

    With my current reader if I tried to highlight a column from top to bottom in the middle of PDF page it highlights every row and column beneath the starting point. But i used to have an editor/reader that allowed you to highlight a word in the middle of the page and pull down and it would just highlight that one column.

    It was the same way with highlighting rows. I could highlight the first word in a row and drag to the middle of the page and then pull down and highlight the exact same number of columns in the row beneath. With the standard readers if I pull down it forces the rest of the row to be highlighted if I want to pull down and capture the row below.

    Does anyone know of a PDF reader (preferably free) that allows for this kind of dynamic highlighting and copying? I can't remember the reader that let me do this and I don't know how to word the question in a way that makes sense for a google search.

    submitted by /u/Statshelp_TA
    [link] [comments]

    I need advice on how to get a USA phone number that I can use for finding my career job in the USA while I look from Europe

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 09:59 AM PST

    I'm from the USA (born and raised), and I did my graduate education in Europe (where I am now living). I'm now looking to enter the professional world and I'm looking to get a phone number in the USA that I can use for applying to jobs that will forward to my European phone number or allow me to answer from my USA phone. Any advice on how to do this cheaply is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Stigson
    [link] [comments]

    My dumbass grandpa keeps putting viruses on the computer and falling for scans, regardless of how many times me and my grandma advise against it. Then, he slowly eventually gets her under his wing. How do I stop this? I wanna browse the computer in peace too with PRIVACY away from hackers ��

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 06:32 PM PST

    Bios settings inside windows 10

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 12:21 PM PST

    Is there any program i can download were i can change bios settings inside windows? So the settings are automaticaly changed next time the pc restarts. I have the MSI click bios 5

    submitted by /u/SergeantRetard
    [link] [comments]

    i5 9600k outperforms i7 8700k in some cases?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 11:56 AM PST

    I was looking at some benchmarks (primarilly games) and I noticed that the i5 actually overtook the i7 in some cases, i thought they were practically the same apart from the 8700k having hyperthreading so i don't really understand how this happens. All I could think of is the 9600k being newer but that didn't make any sense to me.

    Would appreciate it if anyone could help me understand

    submitted by /u/Crushbam3
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with PC wireless lan card and new router

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 11:04 AM PST

    So recently I purchased a Netgear AC1750 router for my family. Due to the location of my pc I am forced to use a wireless lan card ( Netgear A6210).

    After setting everything up everything works for all devices except for my pc. The signal is there but when I connect it says that it is connected but there in no internet. Here's the kicker, when I access the router via routerlogin.net either by laptop or phone my pc connects to the internet. It will usually stay connected for about 15-20 minutes after I access the router and then lose connection again until I reaccess the router.

    This just has me really confused especially why it will suddenly work when the router is accessed but fails to do so when not.

    Things I have tried: Reinstalling the wireless lan card divers, restarted both modem and router, running the windows network diagnostic tests, switching usb ports for my card, switching between 5g and 2.4g.

    Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

    Edit: I have now just tested it with a 50ft lan cable and it is still not able to access the internet without using the routerlogin.net trick. I have now disabled the firewall on my pc and will see if that fixes anything.

    submitted by /u/Sebastian_Ticklenips
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Thunderbolt 3 to loads-of-USB-C- hub

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 09:27 AM PST

    So I've USB-C'd all of the things, but with only 4 Thunderbolt3 ports on my MacBook I'm not getting enough connections. Unfortunately I don't yet own any devices with Thunderbolt throughput so I could connect them in series. I only seem to be able to find docking stations with a variety of ports, but I'm not living in USB-A and HDMI land anymore… First world problems.

    Any recommendations for a Thunderbolt3-to-USB c-hub?

    submitted by /u/melvinbiester
    [link] [comments]

    Best plan for converting home video DVDs to streaming videos?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 09:26 AM PST

    Back in the day my family converted our home video VHS tapes to DVD and we figured that was the end of it. As disc drives become less common and online hosting these days is high-quality, unlimited, and fast, I figure we should get with the times.

    I already have the DVDs converted to full-sized VIDEO_TS folders, so I'd like to know your recommended settings for both converting these to individual files and getting them to the cloud. Is MP4 the best video file format? Any specific settings? Keep in mind these are old-school camcorder videos so they're not HD or anything like that, but I'd still like to preserve their original quality to the best degree possible. I'll plan on using HandBrake for the file conversion.

    From there, what video hosting site do you recommend? Privacy options are great, so I'd like to be able to set videos/playlists to private, add a password if possible, et cetera, as well as use a service whose privacy policy don't take ownership of the videos (I feel like nowadays a lot of free hosting services say you agree to give them the right to use the material). In that regard, do you think YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, or another site is best?

    Another question in terms of site features is if any of these have good features with regards to being able to indicate the date (or at least the year) the videos were taken and who's in them. I'm envisioning something where I could tag all of this in and then family members could easily navigate to something like "Let's look for videos of Billy in 2000," although if this isn't realistic I could just have a detailed text description.

    Thanks for your feedback!

    submitted by /u/pinkgreenblue
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment