• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 6, 2021

    Tech Support - Silly question, but I'm desperate. How can I kill these onscreen tooltips??

    Tech Support - Silly question, but I'm desperate. How can I kill these onscreen tooltips??


    Silly question, but I'm desperate. How can I kill these onscreen tooltips??

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 07:37 PM PST

    I'm on windows 10, whenever an onscreen tooltip pops up like "Press F11 to Enter/Exit Fullscreen", it chugs my frames. I've put up with it for years and I've searched everywhere for an answer.

    https://i.imgur.com/zbcWH2F.png

    submitted by /u/pistul_
    [link] [comments]

    Pc ram post game issues

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 05:31 PM PST

    SO i got a gtx 1050ti and i pluged it in everything worked great for about 30 minutes it froze then went on the blue screen of death i turned it off it would turn on but no post i switched the ram around because i only have 2 slots on my motherboard i switched it around i went to update something it restarted than i noticed the same issue it would turn on but no post or boot so i switched the ram so i have to switch the ram around for my pc to turn on another issue is when i try to run games like Rainbow 6,gta,rocket league they all worked before it froze now i get in the game the game crashes after 30 seconds of gameplay my power supply maxes out at 290w is that a problem?

    Dell OptiPlex 3020 mid tower

    Windows 10 pro

    everything worked fine intill i installed the graphics card

    ddr3 ram 2 sticks 4gb

    submitted by /u/ProfessionalRoom1317
    [link] [comments]

    How come OTA TV channels are limited by Antenna's max distance even though all channels are coming from a single station?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 11:00 PM PST

    The nearest station offers over 150 channels OTA but the max my TV can scan is 14. My antenna has a max distance of 30 miles. I visited the library in an even further part of town and because of costs they cut off on cable and rely on antenna to air free public TV at the isolated lounge room. However the antenna gets almost all channels from the ssame station and the model states the max distance is like something 60-80.

    So I am curious why is this so?

    submitted by /u/EvaWolves
    [link] [comments]

    MSI laptop driver issue?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 10:11 PM PST

    I'm having issues with my webcam. Terrible resolution and the driver is listed as "USB 2.0 Webcam Device". It's built into the laptop, not plugged in via USB. I can't seem to figure out how to get this device working properly. MSI doesn't list webcam drivers on their site. The laptop is a MSI GE72MVR 7RG Apache Pro.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/sicpric
    [link] [comments]

    Speaker suggestions for monitor.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 09:48 AM PST

    I got the Samsung CF390 curved monitor for my PS4 and am looking for speakers to use to watch YouTube and other video services without having to use my headset.

    submitted by /u/rickytyler927
    [link] [comments]

    What are good examples of everlasting technology?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 05:39 AM PST

    The USB port was first introduced in 1996. Any USB 2 cable that we use daily will work smoothly with such port 25 years later.

    If you have to save a digital message for someone to read in 25 years, what would you choose?

    submitted by /u/edravix
    [link] [comments]

    Help buying an AC Adapter

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 12:01 PM PST

    Hello. I am a bit stupid when it comes to these things so I came by to ask some things. Hope you guys can help me!

    My AC Adapter got fucked in the morning. I let it fall. Stopped working. This is the AC Adapter's specifications (or at least the ones that apparently matter)

    Input: 100-240V-1,5 (1,5), 50-60 hz Output: 19V - 4,74A (4,74A)

    Here come the questions:

    Am I supposed to buy an Adapter with all of the same specifications?

    I've seen adapters that are for laptops. Could they work in my PC? Is a "charger" and an adapter the same thing? (I know this one sounds too moronic but it's all I'm finding when searching for adapters)

    You people have to help me, I am going mad. Pretty please 🙏🏾

    submitted by /u/AnomalysAngel
    [link] [comments]

    Possible RAM issue??? Help!

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 11:51 AM PST

    I need help! So I was cleaning my heatsink off so I just did my usual take off the fan and wipe it off and sprayed some conpressed air and I took out the ram and stuff and I was pushing it back in and book one of the sticks in backwards and pushed in I heard a unpleasant sound when I gave the usual pressure to put a ram slot in to realize it is backwards reversed it etc. I then put it all back in pc turned on and everything was on except the screen and audio I then tried turning off from the button and wouldn't. I then reseated the ram and pc turned on normal but took a while to load then I noticed the ram was only at 8 gb so I reseated again and it finally came up as 16 and I noticed when I clicked steam on my desktop it wouldn't load and finally got it to load and started GTA 5 I was playing then screen went completely black and lost all audio and visual but everything was still on and pc would yet again not turn off at all. What may be the problem and or fix.

    submitted by /u/CanadianSyrupR6
    [link] [comments]

    Quality cheap USB hub

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 02:37 PM PST

    Not looking for anything fancy just a simple USB hub with around 4 slots for my laptop. Lots of options on amazon and lots of them look cheap.

    submitted by /u/xnickg77
    [link] [comments]

    Free courses Data Visualization

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 01:37 PM PST

    Does anyone know where I can get free certification course for Data Visualization. I mean free, no hidden charges or paying after completion

    submitted by /u/Creepy_Geologist6426
    [link] [comments]

    Capture card is stuttering / buffering / choppy? Elgado HD60 S

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 07:39 AM PST

    EDIT: Fixed it!

    I just hooked up an Elgado HD60 S to my switch and it mostly works, but the video recordings are very choppy. They have issues with stutter / lag / buffering. I don't seem to have problems running OBS; the preview window does not lag or stutter. Just the finished video. What could the issue be?

    submitted by /u/user05555
    [link] [comments]

    Backup and synchronisation solution between devices

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 07:30 AM PST

    Hi everyone!

    I'm looking for suggestions on backups and data sync between multiple devices. I have a bunch of accounts on multiple cloud platforms but it's all a mess. I can't access the majority of my data between devices, etc.

    My devices:

    • iPad 2020 - 32 GB
    • iPhone with iOS 14 - 64 GB
    • Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 - 128 GB

    My cloud storage memberships:

    • iCloud (50 GB storage paid)
    • Google Drive (free membership)
    • OneDrive
      • personal account - free membership
      • Uni account - 1 TB (will expire in June when I graduate)

    Browser:

    Recently swapped from Chrome to Brave across all devices due to performance concerns (my RAM is free again!).

    What I'm after:

    • being able to access my laptop desktop from my iPhone and iPad without much manual work
    • having a bunch of folders back up
    • storing as many documents and pictures as possible in the Cloud to save local space on my devices

    I'm quite computer literate but I'm quite lazy, so could you please recommend me the best solution? Thanks kindly :D

    submitted by /u/7Beat
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading from an nVidia 980Ti to a 1080Ti. Do I need to reinstall drivers?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 06:30 AM PST

    I'm hoping to upgrade from an nVidia 980Ti to a 1080Ti. I've already got drivers for the 980Ti of course but... do I need to change anything / do anything when installing the 1080Ti?

    Or will the software just pick up the changed card and go from there?

    (I'm not sure if the nVidia software is a complete solution for all GPUs or if it detects you GPU and only installs what you need).

    submitted by /u/Abridged_Gate
    [link] [comments]

    Removing contacts from older sim card

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 06:12 AM PST

    I've borrowed a phone from someone for a couple of days. I've put my sim card in the phone now the phone contacts are all mix up. is there a way to remove them all at once?

    submitted by /u/ElectrikFish
    [link] [comments]

    Is cooling down my notebook with water a bad idea?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 05:52 AM PST

    So, I live in a very hot place and I dont have AC. So, a few months ago I started to cool down my notebook whenever I had to use it for extended periods by gently placing a few droplets of near-frozen water on the top of the burning-hot notebook case. I figured it would be okay since plastic is hydrophobic and all, but recently I found out its possible for plastic to absorb water to some degree and got worried. Is this okay to do? Is my notebook in danger?

    submitted by /u/Cr-Lain
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment