• Breaking News

    Monday, January 11, 2021

    Tech Support - Can i reproduce and record audio in a laptop with a bluetooth Headphones? (connected by an Auxiliary audio cable)

    Tech Support - Can i reproduce and record audio in a laptop with a bluetooth Headphones? (connected by an Auxiliary audio cable)


    Can i reproduce and record audio in a laptop with a bluetooth Headphones? (connected by an Auxiliary audio cable)

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 07:59 PM PST

    My laptop have two auxiliary slots, each one exclusively for in and out. And my headphones have a mic incorporated. I would like to know if there is a way for my laptop, using just one of the aux slots, to recognize my headphones like both recording and playback device.

    submitted by /u/N0bodyX
    [link] [comments]

    In an argument with my nephew, is there actually such thing as 32k TVs?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 11:14 PM PST

    My nephew has been in a constant in-out of a krokodil high for the past 3-4 days. He just cooled out and told me he was able to watch a 32k tv. Now our tv isn't much of a looker, I'd say it's 720p Max, but that's generous. He was looking at this TV and claiming he had access to see it in 32k

    I'm trying to prove to him that it was the krokodil snapping at his brainwaves, but he won't have it. Tell me, are 32k TVs actually a thing?

    submitted by /u/BunHein
    [link] [comments]

    I'm trying to remove an editor on a Facebook Page that I am an admin on. When I try to click "remove", I get the following message: "Sorry, something went wrong. We're looking into it." What to do?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 04:26 AM PST

    How can I keep facebook from getting access to my WhatsApp and Instagram account?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 02:32 AM PST

    Help RGB Led light strips

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 01:55 AM PST

    Hello I've ran out of people to ask, so I'm here... I hope someone can help me. I installed my led light strips today and when I tested them out before putting them on the wall they worked perfectly fine, but after I installed it in the wall, following the manual step by step, the red color stopped working as well as the yellow and orange, I unplugged it and plugged it again (my solution to everything) and the red started working but very low and the green doesn't work anymore. The colors that work the best are pink and purple and that's it. Please someone help me this are my second led light strips because my aunt broke the other ones and I used all my Christmas money for this lmao. HELP

    submitted by /u/Parg-8617
    [link] [comments]

    Is VOIP what I'm looking for?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 10:08 PM PST

    I'm not sure how to find what I'm looking for, and I don't know if it's voip or not. I want a phone number that I can give to people, and when they call it I get notifications on my desktop of an incoming call, and I can answer the call with my PC microphone and headphones. I'm not looking to purchase another phone, or setup any kind of server or anything. I just want a #-###-###-#### phone number that's mine, and works over the internet.

    Is voip what I'm looking for, or should I be looking for something else? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/pbortler
    [link] [comments]

    What do we not understand about the way AI comes to solutions?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 12:13 PM PST

    I read again and again that with neural networks we do not know at the end how the program came to its solution, respectively what is actually going on in the program. Is this true, and if so: what exactly do we not understand? Is there no code to look at at all? Or is it simply the amount of data that makes it impossible to analyze?

    submitted by /u/otto_von_greyerz
    [link] [comments]

    Replacing buttons on my DIERYA 60% keyboard?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 08:22 PM PST

    I got this keyboard but the keys hurt my thumb when I press down on them, I am looking for replacement keys that are softer.

    Here is a link to the amazon for it. If anyone else has this problem or knows of a keyset that has softer keys could you please let me know/comment?

    submitted by /u/awokepsl
    [link] [comments]

    Security, Security and more Security!

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 06:00 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I'm looking into a new security software for my laptop (Windows) and probably my phone (Samsung) also.

    I have narrowed it down to a few options, which one(s) do you think are the best?

    Norton, Kaspersky and Bitdefender

    Thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/Redmond99
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know of wireless speakers that are usb plug-and-play?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 05:09 PM PST

    Kind of like a wireless mouse, where you put batteries in and turn it on, but for speakers. Not necessarily looking for anything with any type of bluetooth connecting device, but if it is easy enough that works.

    They are for my great aunt who struggles with tech, so the easier to use the better. Ideally they are in the $10-30 range, but anything is fine. Thanks in advance for replies.

    submitted by /u/Decent-Place-3398
    [link] [comments]

    i'm a bit scared about .torrents, so i thought i sould ask for advice

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 04:57 PM PST

    so, i want to watch a series that is only avalible in .torrent files (one pace)and i want to ask some questions before i get in trouble.

    1: what program do you recommend?

    2: how do .torrent files work?

    3: and what i souldn't do or just things i sould worry about

    in short, just some advice before doing something stupid.

    thanks in advance :D

    submitted by /u/MiniDialga119
    [link] [comments]

    I NEED HELP WITH MY RAM PLEASE

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 01:06 PM PST

    Hello i bought this new corsair ram ( 2 sticks of 8gb 3200) and when ever i install it into my motherboard which is a msi bazooka 360m an ezdebug light comes on. So i tested what would happen if i took one of the ram sticks out and it worked but i want to be able to use both of my ram sticks please help!

    submitted by /u/Ready-Frosting-5821
    [link] [comments]

    How can I record my PC audio + mic but not hear myself?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 04:39 PM PST

    I'm trying to record my computer audio and microphone at the same time using Audacity, but I don't want to be able to hear my mic in my headphones. I've managed all of this (by telling Windows to "listen" to my mic device and then recording the loopback channel in Audacity) except for the part about not being able to hear myself. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/KENTUCKY-MEAT-SHOWER
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS FileVault Question

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 01:10 PM PST

    So I have FileVault turned on with iCloud enabled instead of a set recovery key. My question is, I still use the same password to get in my computer. Theoretically, what would stop someone from simply using brute force to find out my regular password?

    submitted by /u/tbgeb
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to remotely play a game on my PC?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 01:09 PM PST

    I'm a PC gamer, but i wouldn't say I am hardcore. And I pretty much always play games directly on my PC - haven't really tried any of the cloud gaming platforms.

    Anyhow, i was wondering what would be the best method for playing a game on my PC remotely? I have a 1gb internet connection so speed shouldn't be an issue. I was just thinking of using remote desktop. Is there a better way?

    submitted by /u/merkk
    [link] [comments]

    Mac OS install problem

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 12:54 PM PST

    Hi all,

    Not sure if this is the right subreddit for this question but we'll find out.

    I was recently trying to update my Macbook (early 2015 model) and my computer was telling me I did not have enough free space to install Big Sur. I looked through my computer and there is virtually nothing on the internal drive, I store pretty much everything on a 1tb external hd. I figured ok, i'll install the software on my external and then move it over to the internal drive when it's installed. This has not been the case. Probably a stupid move on my part tbh. My question is, does anyone know how I can fix this? I'm fine with completely wiping the computer and starting from scratch but how will that affect the most current OS? Will it reconfigure and go off of a previous OS?

    Any advice or suggestions are much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/imnotyou22
    [link] [comments]

    General internet security

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 11:33 AM PST

    so over the past two weeks I've had someone attempt to log into my banks mobile app, as well as my Cash app too. Im beginning to feel a bit vulnerable and was wondering if there was a service out there that acts as a blanket of security for the internet, like lifelock except for the internet and not bullshit.

    submitted by /u/Rymesayer
    [link] [comments]

    Bell home hub 3000; can I throttle some users to dial up speed?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 11:04 AM PST

    Me and a few other people in my area have internet through bell Canada. We all have the same modern/router combo, the bell home hub 3000. We have teenagers who can get lazy sometimes, so we want to probably do a white list and dhcp reservation, but I can't figure out how to slow speeds down and only shut them off. Is there a way to throttle speeds for one up address down to dial up?

    submitted by /u/cribbageSTARSHIP
    [link] [comments]

    USB Hub - Supporting USB-A, USB-C and USB-C diplay

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 10:13 AM PST

    Hello:

    I'm looking for the best options for a USB-A/USB-C hub that supports a USB-C display connection.

    Computer: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)

    Devices:

    Details: Ideally, I'd like to have a hub that I can connect everything to and a single connection to my laptop. If it's the hub + power (2 connectors) - that's fine as well. I've tried a few hubs - but I haven't found one that also works for the display.

    Question: What is the best hub you recommend that supports a display USB-C connection and will charge the laptop? If a USB-A hub is better, I'm fine to use the adapters to make it work.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MrR82
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to calibrate multiple monitors?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 09:51 AM PST

    A few years ago, I bought a few relatively inexpensive AOC monitors to create a triple monitor display.

    Unfortunately, one of these has begun giving problems. The OSD menu appears by itself and toggles through options every few seconds.

    A few years ago, I bought a spare (which was a good idea because the model is now out of production, there's no second hand market for them where I'm based, and it's out of warranty).

    It's the same manufacturer and model but was bought about a year after the first three.

    The problem is that it produces a slightly different color than the other two screens. The difference is actually quite noticeable. I've tried playing around with the color settings to make them all look the same but have not had success.

    Is there any way to get some sort of calibration hardware / software that will change the color profiles of all three screens to get them as close together as possible? The monitors are hooked up to a desktop running Ubuntu.

    TIA

    submitted by /u/danielrosehill
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to share desktop with many (100+) people?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 09:13 AM PST

    Hey all, I teach a class privately and it's become rather popular. I'm currently using discord to share my screen but I don't think discord voice channels have the bandwidth to support the number of people now joining. I want to maximize the number of people I can put into some sort of room and have audio and video streaming from my PC. What is the best screen sharing method (with audio) for a live class with a large number of people?

    submitted by /u/DadBodDorian
    [link] [comments]

    Single or dual channel ram?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 08:03 AM PST

    Is dual channel ram faster and will give better performance for gaming? Is it worth upgrading from signle to dual?

    submitted by /u/Catogoodmen
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment