• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 10, 2021

    Tech Support - I’m being Hacked

    Tech Support - I’m being Hacked


    I’m being Hacked

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 12:09 AM PST

    So, I've been receiving messages from someone threatening to expose sexual information about me and it looks like they have not only hacked my Facebook to acquire that information... but they've also signed me up for multiple hookup apps. I don't want anymore privacy exposed and it sounds like the best advice I get is to go to the police. My family is very involved with our local sheriffs office, my uncle is a judge. I really don't want to go that route... is there any software or website or information I can get and research myself. The internet is so flooded with youth bullying, which it's great to have those resources... but a lot of them I find seem to be strictly for that. Please give me advice on how to meet this hacker head on.

    submitted by /u/anotherpalewave
    [link] [comments]

    Portable version of windows 10 for a voice change program?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2021 01:59 AM PST

    I would like to try and create a portable voice changer for a costume. There would be an input microphone within a helmet and an output speaker somewhere that is outputting the altered voice. I would specifically like to use the program Voicemod, which is a 64-bit program on windows.
    I have looked into using a raspberry pi to try and emulate a windows program but from what I have seen it can only do 32-bit programs and I believe it would be annoying/maybe impossible to get a decent quality audio setup with that.
    Does anyone have any ideas on how I could get a portable version of windows? I was thinking I could strap on a lightweight tablet with windows 10, but I would like to avoid having to carry around a laptop/tablet just to get a simple program to work in a portable way.

    submitted by /u/jdog7194
    [link] [comments]

    Ping Problems/ Ping lag spikes

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 03:08 PM PST

    So I have a question I currently use this for my wireless wifi connection Realtek RTL8812BU USB WiFi Adapter 1200 Mbps 5dBi Antenna AC1200 Dual Band 5.8GHz 2.4GHz WiFi Dongle IEEE 802.11 a b g n ac for Laptop Desktop PC USB 3.0 Network Adapter Support Windows 10/8/7 Mac: Amazon.ca: Electronics I have a video below explaining my question but I can write it as well but video explains better with visual questions, but do you think I would get lower ping/connection if I got a pcie wifi card or buy a router to put next to me and go wired? would wired be as fast speeds as my real router

    Video below explaining my question better

    https://youtu.be/btPuzavZnjU

    submitted by /u/CanadianSyrupR6
    [link] [comments]

    Need a little help with different products

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 01:00 PM PST

    So I have 2 computers currently and I'd like to use both on a hardline but my ISP modem only allows one Ethernet port. Do I need to get a router, hub, or splitter? I'm wanting to keep my ISP modem as they require it and get something to allow me multiple connections in this specific room. Sorry a little technologically inclined when it comes to network type stuff.

    submitted by /u/TheJoker405
    [link] [comments]

    Why are phone apps still a thing in 2021?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 10:43 PM PST

    Is it just me or is this all a scam? I mean flash player is outdated. Windows XP, 7 and 8 are. Why not the apps? I find it very suspicious how even on the desktop site a filthy rich company like Facebook makes it so difficult to open and read messages in messenger. Whats even more suspicious is why they split the facebook app into two so you cant read messages. I have an older phone with limited storage so I constantly have to delete and re install apps so my iphone will allow me to take pictures or video without saying "iphone storage full". It feels like companies like Yelp! also deliberately screw over non app mobile users by making it impossible to read reviews without the app (I always have to switch to desktop site to see them). Twitter made Periscope separate. At least Reddit and Youtube kept it in one app and both are by far better than Twitter/Facebook. Is it all a lie and we dont really need apps but they keep them going for money? Why couldnt we just have mobile friendly sites without wasting storage space?

    submitted by /u/fastercheif
    [link] [comments]

    On FB, photo I'm tagged in used to appear on my timeline but not anymore and I can't put it back

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 05:24 PM PST

    I tried untagging and re-tagging myself and it didn't work. I know that me not being friends with the person who posted the photo is not causing the problem. (because the photo appears on the timelines of other tagged people who are not friends with the person who posted it)

    The photo also won't appear in the "photos of you" section of my page.

    I'm able to navigate to the photo whenever I want. Is there some button called "add to your timeline" that I can click?

    submitted by /u/sgr28
    [link] [comments]

    Best smartphone for business??

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 05:20 PM PST

    I don't care about how it looks or the camera or a thing like that.

    I'm mostly looking for security, andddd that's about all I care about. Something that can't be hacked easily (IDGAF about companies listening or whatever, mostly just external forces like other people)

    submitted by /u/ActingIsTakingOff
    [link] [comments]

    What monitor should I get?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 05:15 PM PST

    This one https://www.mydeal.com.au/samsung-cf390-24-inch-curved-full-hd-monitor-australian-stock-3266218

    Or this one?

    https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/monitors/23-24-inch/83446-61cakar1au

    The Samsung one is a Curved 60hz 5ms 23.8" monitor, but the Lenovo monitor is a 60hz ?Flat 4ms 23.8" monitor. Which one should I get?

    submitted by /u/Counter-Creative
    [link] [comments]

    How do I install Linux in a PC together with Windows?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 01:13 PM PST

    I bought a laptop with SSD (128 Gb) and HD (1 Tb) and Windows is installed in SSD. But I want to do a duoboot with Linux. Could I partition the SSD and install Linux? Or I have to do a partition on the HD and install Linux there? When I started the computer I could select the Operation System.

    (Sorry for any English mistakes)

    submitted by /u/watthis
    [link] [comments]

    Accidentally deleted recorded song memory on a Yamaha YPG-535 keyboard. I am willing to go the extra step to recover them. How would I do this?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 05:51 AM PST

    So while a song was being saved, I accidentally turned off the piano, and when I turned it back on, I got the message that all data was being cleared. I have not saved any new songs so the data should still be there, I believe.

    submitted by /u/yamahaypg535
    [link] [comments]

    Does a TV exist that will allow me to watch local channels just by simply plugging it in to an outlet?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 04:15 PM PST

    I'd love to find some type of compact television that just needs to be plugged in. Does this exist?

    submitted by /u/ornithoIogy
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to make video calls on TV

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 03:49 PM PST

    I was wondering if the is an HDMI cam that has multiple video call software on.I do like the look of the portal but spending g £150 to be locked into 1 service is not very enticing to me. Short of plugging a pc with a webcam in, is there anything else I can do?

    Using the built in Apple TV has too much lag for it to be an option.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/retro_rockets
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to download a game using the space in an ad card? As in I download a 2gb game but instead of using internal storage it uses the external storage.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 03:24 PM PST

    Using my iPhone 7’s internal microphone while headphones are plugged in?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 03:11 PM PST

    I'm trying to (very amateurly) record some original music in GarageBand, and I need a headphone in to hear the metronome, but I don't want to use the headphones' mic as it's worse quality and leads to there being ambient noise in the background of the recording. Is there a way I can have the headphones plugged in but use the phone's internal mic instead of the headphones'? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/catied710
    [link] [comments]

    Bad ping in games despite full wifi bars

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 01:43 PM PST

    Hello all, over the last few months my ping in online games has been increasing casually, and im not sure why. I moved my setup to the basement and my router is upstairs, however I haven't had bad ping before where im currently at. Im wondering I ran a speedtest, and everything was normal 46 ping 2.5 mb/s download etc.

    My wifi bars are full, but my ping is bad. Should I buy a new gaming router? Should I get a wifi extender for the basement? Should I call my ISP? Also I have crazy inconsistencies with my connection at 3 am my ping will be a lot lower.

    submitted by /u/JuicyJenitals
    [link] [comments]

    How to recover a blog site that you had own in the past but forgot the email and password?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 01:36 PM PST

    I have a blog (blogspot.com) about 10 years ago but I forgot the access to it (email address and password). Is there anyway to claim or delete the blogspot again?

    submitted by /u/throwawayall1980
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment